SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Much like their route to the top flight then

That's not fair, they might actually complete their walk this year :whistling:

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly.  South Morocco's question is very good indeed and I agree entirely with your response.

I hope we get to find out one way or the other.

These guys are totally independent and impartial, I can't think of a single reason why they would need to know who nominated them.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

These guys are totally independent and impartial, I can't think of a single reason why they would need to know who nominated them.

Neither can I, therefore they shouldn't imo.

Independent and impartial will be a new concept for the SFA, the SPFL and most of the fourth estate.

Jambojay84
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

I guarantee they have looked up the distance between the two stadiums (about 55 miles), and Googled to find out that the average walking speed is about 3 or 4 mph, and divided the total by that (55/3 = 18.33).  

They'll be in for a lovely shock when they have to navigate their way through Fife - they can't exactly just walk along the A92 as there is no footpath.  Takes about 20 minutes just to get to Dundee City Centre from Tannadice, and then the bridge is a nice, lovely, steady incline which means it'll take them them the best part hour to get from Tannadice just to the other side of the Tay Bridge - where they will still be able to actually see their starting point :lol:

Out of interest, I just quickly tried to put together a "safe" walking route, which avoids the main routes that will not have a dedicated walking path for them.  It is incredibly difficult - from the other side of the Tay Bridge, there is no footpath along the A92, so they'd have to come through Newport and then start to head toward St Andrews.  They could then follow the A91 from Dairsie to Cupar, but after that it has no footpath, so the back roads towards Leven would have to be used.  Then it's all the way around Kinghorn, Burtisland and Aberdour to the Forth Bridge.  There is no footpath along the A90, so it'll be coastal paths from Queensferry before coming through Edinburgh.

Their 18 hour estimate is, quite frankly, nonsense :lol: 

I done the Dundee kilt walk and went past a few places you’ve mentioned here. We started at St. Andrews 18th hole and finished at broughty castle. Nearly 9hrs that took me 😂 think it was 26 miles 

Mister Dee

I had a look at that Gofundme page.  
Someone (presumably a Celtic fan) has made a donation with the comment ‘**** the diet huns’. 
I cannot imagine being so obsessed with Rangers that to get back at them you pay money to a Dundee Utd campaign, to punish Hearts. Celtic fans are strange. 

11 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

To simplify 3 judges, theirs to fight the evil corner, ours to fight for justice so we really need to convince the chairman so its 1-1 before we start.

Is it the case of one for them and one for us and a chair? Or is it a 3 member panel one of whom chairs? I thought the later.

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

I guarantee they have looked up the distance between the two stadiums (about 55 miles), and Googled to find out that the average walking speed is about 3 or 4 mph, and divided the total by that (55/3 = 18.33).  

They'll be in for a lovely shock when they have to navigate their way through Fife - they can't exactly just walk along the A92 as there is no footpath.  Takes about 20 minutes just to get to Dundee City Centre from Tannadice, and then the bridge is a nice, lovely, steady incline which means it'll take them them the best part hour to get from Tannadice just to the other side of the Tay Bridge - where they will still be able to actually see their starting point :lol:

Out of interest, I just quickly tried to put together a "safe" walking route, which avoids the main routes that will not have a dedicated walking path for them.  It is incredibly difficult - from the other side of the Tay Bridge, there is no footpath along the A92, so they'd have to come through Newport and then start to head toward St Andrews.  They could then follow the A91 from Dairsie to Cupar, but after that it has no footpath, so the back roads towards Leven would have to be used.  Then it's all the way around Kinghorn, Burtisland and Aberdour to the Forth Bridge.  There is no footpath along the A90, so it'll be coastal paths from Queensferry before coming through Edinburgh.

Wow, just wow.

But at least they’ve got a solid date to work from....

Phil D. Corners

Please, please, please, can someone confirm that during all this relegation and court drama Etc.........

.......  that the Netflix series is still being recorded! 😄

17 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Someone (presumably a Celtic fan) has made a donation with the comment ‘**** the diet huns’. 
I cannot imagine being so obsessed with Rangers that to get back at them you pay money to a Dundee Utd campaign, to punish Hearts. Celtic fans are strange. 

They all think we're "diet huns" only celtic and hibs are upfront about it.

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Believe me, the walk from Dundee centre to Leuchars, a route they may have to take, is a nightmare. 

Mind you i doubt they'll be half smashed, carrying a kebab and regretting the fat burd they just sneaked away from😁😁

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, pablo said:

They all think we're "diet huns" only celtic and hibs are upfront about it.

We are seen as the rangers you can have a go at without losing your windows and pie kiosks.

They have basically looked at google maps, which shows 18hrs. 🤣

Good luck trying to walk 55 miles with no breaks and at the same steady pace.

They'd be better just walking from Tannadice to Dens Park. They can drop in a 'thank you' note for sending them up without actually winning the title.

Pair of arseholes.

🤣

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

That's not fair, they might actually complete their walk this year :whistling:

They will likly just stop after halfway and vote that they have completed the walk 

Just now, Elshin said:

They will likly just stop after halfway and vote that they have completed the walk 

:rofl:

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Elshin said:

:robbo:

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The target!!!

Typical Dundee Utd, need £100,000 plus and they set a target of £1,000.

Look at us!  We're  as big as Hearts.

Sorry  lots of zeroes missing for you to come close. 

Two be fair two of them are doing the walk itself. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Believe me, the walk from Dundee centre to Leuchars, a route they may have to take, is a nightmare. 

Mind you i doubt they'll be half smashed, carrying a kebab and regretting the fat burd they just sneaked away from😁😁

The wee fat beardy guy probably will be.

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Elshin said:

:rofl: :pleasing:

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

More likely they'll just occasionally move their feet whilst sitting on the train.

His name is

Right back on track.

When is the arbitration due to start? I would have thought we would have heard something by now as time is ticking.

Turkishcap
1 hour ago, fritz59 said:

Is it the case of one for them and one for us and a chair? Or is it a 3 member panel one of whom chairs? I thought the later.

I got it wrong mate, see answers a few pages back

14 minutes ago, His name is said:

Right back on track.

When is the arbitration due to start? I would have thought we would have heard something by now as time is ticking.

Lord Clark has kept next Wednesday / Thursday free if it’s not done by then 

10 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

https://gf.me/u/yfjgvr

seen this on Facebook 😂

Don't get why all the anger is aimed at Hearts. It was obvious we did everything in our power to not get to this situation. How the SPFL escapes their anger is strange. Their walk should be from Tannidice to Hampden! Bitter welts

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

I cannot imagine being so obsessed with Rangers that to get back at them you pay money to a Dundee Utd campaign, to punish Hearts. Celtic fans are strange

I think you are being very kind with your comment, Mister Dee.

1 hour ago, Elshin said:

:rofl: 

Gordon Ramsay

Tried to donate 1p just so I could leave a comment ripping the fat boy but fiver minimum, nae chance 🤣

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Elshin said:

You just won social media 👍👍👍👏👏👏

harrywragg
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It'll take them a hell of a lot longer than 18 hours. 

don't forget they'll need to be carrying a fair weight of water & quick carb supplies too -  good luck doing 18 hours on the Fife coastal path dodging Jambo snipers :rifle: 

Sorry if this has been mentioned before ( if it has I’ve not seen it) but if we’re allowed to put forward any name on the SFA panel, why would we not nominate David Thomson? We could hire another QC to present our case with him on the panel of three and with his input on picking the chairman. I doubt we’d be breaking any rules. Job done!!

AlimOzturk
6 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before ( if it has I’ve not seen it) but if we’re allowed to put forward any name on the SFA panel, why would we not nominate David Thomson? We could hire another QC to present our case with him on the panel of three and with his input on picking the chairman. I doubt we’d be breaking any rules. Job done!!

He wouldn't be independent. 

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any date for the arbitration yet? 

Must be very soon as the SPFL assured the judge that it could be done very quickly

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Does anybody ken where that Doncaster stays? 

In Lawell's basement, isn't it? 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Must be very soon as the SPFL assured the judge that it could be done very quickly

I'll guess, nominations announced cop today, opening arguments srart friday, decision Wed next week. 

joondalupjambo
10 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jambo Soliders we need to hold the bridge.

they cannot and will not pass 😃😃😃

Belge we can meet up again in The Phoenix first, drop a few beers and then head off to the bridge to commence the action :biggrin2:  Always good to get behind the enemies lines early in the battle.

8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don’t think it would be too much of an exaggeration to say that this witch hunt against Hearts, in particular, has been one of the most shameful affairs in Scottish football history. Mob rule, sponsored by dark forces hiding in the shadows, aided and abetted by a, pretty much, subservient media to those dark forces. 
Any reasonable person, or organisation,  would have done all it could, under these extreme circumstances, to protect the entire Scottish football “family”. There were obvious means of helping every club survive this crisis. Instead, all reason has been abandoned and replaced by sheer spite and badness, backed up by a propaganda machine, of which Dr Goebbels, would have been proud. Keep saying the same lies often enough and the masses will believe them. 

The bad feeling, no matter who eventually gains the result they crave, will continue to poison football in this country for a very long time. For that alone, the entire SPFL board should resign. The damage that their deceit and blackmail has done is quite possibly irreparable. Clubs will probably go bust through an unwillingness to see through the haze of crazy self interest of far too many clubs. And it’s pretty much all self inflicted.

Mr Adams told BBC 4 radio speaking about Boris blaming others.

He said we are almost entering a Kafkaeque alternative reality where gov sets the rules, we follow them they don't like the results they change them.

Sounds familiar. 

colinmaroon

I can't  seriously work out why these clubs need to be represented at the tribunal, other than the propaganda value.

The case is against the SPFL and  if it comes down to "law" and the shenanigans of the Dundee vote and Doncaster's abuse of procedures, what are they spending all that money for? 

Hoping to filibuster again? Hearts and Partick Thistle have  not broken any laws, so what can their argument be?  It's not fair? 

REALLY!!!

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He wouldn't be independent. 

He’s independent of the SFA which convenes the arbitration panel. Is that not the ‘independence’ they are referring to?

Sooperstar
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

The 18 hours will be taken from Google Maps directions, which comes out at just over 18 and a half hours for walking. Assumes walking at a steady pace the whole way, which would be fine for a short journey. Nae good when you twist your ankle and get a blister on your foot after 23 miles.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We are seen as the rangers you can have a go at without losing your windows and pie kiosks.

Charlie Nickelerse is a fine example of exactly that!!

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

He’s independent of the SFA which convenes the arbitration panel. Is that not the ‘independence’ they are referring to?

There would clearly be a confilict of interests. 

Nicholas Brody
23 hours ago, David McCaig said:

There was no vote and all that was agreed was that the season couldn’t continue.

23 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Absolute nonsense.

The written resolution on Good Friday was to call the Championship, Leagues One and Two whilst giving the board the power to call The Premiership whenever they wanted to (mid May) in the meeting in May it was reported there was a ‘unanimous‘ agreement that the season couldn’t be finished, just because we agreed the season couldn’t be finished doesn’t mean we voted to relegate ourselves. The vote to relegate us was passed on Good Friday was just a matter of when it was announced.

The SPFL’s claim of ‘unanimous’ was also questioned by a journo who said atleast two clubs didn’t agree (most likely ourselves and Rangers) 

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

The clubs agreed the season couldn't complete by 01 August.

Hearts formally voted against ending the season on a PPG basis.

Thanks for the clarification 👍

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Sooperstar said:

The 18 hours will be taken from Google Maps directions, which comes out at just over 18 and a half hours for walking. Assumes walking at a steady pace the whole way, which would be fine for a short journey. Nae good when you twist your ankle and get a blister on your foot after 23 miles.

I used to do an annual march (the pathfinder) which was 50 miles and usually took about 14 hours at a steady pace, but that was in flat as a witches tit Cambridgeshire. There were many drop outs. Mostly blisters but a lot of ass chaffing. Seriously seen guys with blood running down their legs. These guys dont look as fit as the guys in my team were so ill be suprised if they pull this off. 

Also, the lactic acid the next day is murder. You'll see these two fat muppets crawling along the pavement, unable to lift their legs high enough to get up a kerb. Id pay money to watch that bit 😁

Hagar the Horrible
20 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

In Lawell's basement, isn't it? 

At home Lawwell calls himself ZED

south morocco
7 hours ago, graygo said:

Thanks graygo. I was hoping for that answer👍 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

At home Lawwell calls himself ZED

ZEDs dead baby, Zeds dead. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )