SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

37 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

https://gf.me/u/yfjgvr

seen this on Facebook 😂

And quote.......

"""This is something that Andy and myself, two lifelong Arabs, are really looking forward to doing and, if nothing else, it will be a good laugh."""

not sounding very confident.......🤣

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, One five said:

Yip hard to believed the twats just don't get it  🤷‍♂️

They will believe they and the SFA can pervert the process enough to nobble the "impartials" that they select.

I hope we have some big cannons behind the curtain and show them up for what they are, regardless of verdict. 

harrywragg
1 minute ago, assessor said:

I still don't know the reason he walking to Tynecastle?

because it's closer than Firhill 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Could say the same about Doncaster...He doesn't come across on Sky as if he is worried someone like Nelms will turn whistle blower on him. I think he has zero respect, collectively for the chairpersons of the clubs in Scotland - He knew before any of this started that reconstruction was not, and never would be, on the agenda...He is meant to be the public face and chief negotiator, head salesman of Scottish football but you can see from the end of the Sky interview where he is smirking as he trots out the line about passion etc of Scottish football, that he has no faith in his product whatsoever...

I noted when asked about the tenability of his position he said he works for the Board and as a second thought said and the member clubs so that told me a bit about where his loyalties lie and should the majority of the clubs as well.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

They assumed we'd roll over and take it like all Scottish football clubs bar the sectarian brothers have been conditioned to do. But we didn't, and even if we fail, I'll be proud we at least spat our medicine back in their faces. 

Nice and very fitting analogy

indianajones

Is this countries people seriously so ****ing daft they cant see the reasoning for our defence? 

I seriously cant get my head around it. 

BelgeJambo
8 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

once they're South of Tayport and into Fife, they should be pelted with rotten tomatoes 

... turn it onto an endurance event for these 2 roasters 🍅

Jambo Soliders we need to hold the bridge.

they cannot and will not pass 😃😃😃

harrywragg
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jambo Soliders we need to hold the bridge.

they cannot and will not pass 😃😃😃

once they're tomato-ed up to the eyeballs, follow it up with flour, eggs & deid chicken feathers 

The media relaying clubs thoughts about how Budge was only looking out for her clubs self interest were partly right.  They however seemed to think that reconstruction was her only avenue to recovering our rightful place.  So they continued the laughing, the pointing, the vain remarks.  All of them ignored completely the suggestion it would go to court if it wasn't resolved amicably.

Image result for you were warned pic

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Is this countries people seriously so ****ing daft they cant see the reasoning for our defence? 

I don’t get it either. I don’t expect them to like it but surely they can see why. 

13 minutes ago, assessor said:

I still don't know the reason he walking to Tynecastle?

Maybe to hand us back the Premiership place they stole from us....

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Jealousy and hatred blinding them. Fans from feckin diddy clubs thinking they can stick the boot into us. Absolute cretins. 

GorgieRules22

The guy on the right won’t make it past the first McDonald’s 

Edited by GorgieRules22

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

They will believe they and the SFA can pervert the process enough to nobble the "impartials" that they select.

I hope we have some big cannons behind the curtain and show them up for what they are, regardless of verdict. 

Hope so mate It’s about time the ****s where exposed so all can see there corruption.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Jealousy and hatred blinding them. Fans from feckin diddy clubs thinking they can stick the boot into us. Absolute cretins. 

yip.  It amounts to exactly that - jealously and hatred.  No hiding it. From the corrupt organisation supposedly running it to 80% Or so of the throbbing members that can’t see what’s right.

Hoping more than anything they will feel karma

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The guy on the right won’t make it past the first McDonald’s 

😂😂😂

gashauskis9
50 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

They think they’ll walk it in 18 hours 😂

20 hours with no stops if they’re lucky, and you won’t walk that with no stops.  ******s

25 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

once they're tomato-ed up to the eyeballs, follow it up with flour, eggs & deid chicken feathers 

Something in Fife will ****in' eat them! :lol: 

GorgieRules22
16 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Does anybody ken where that Doncaster stays? 

Don’t know why but I’ll chum you if you find out 😂

31 minutes ago, indianajones said:

They believe the lies they're fed from every ignoramus commenting upon the issue as if they have the foggiest notion what they're talking about.

Sun, Record, Sportsound, Off the Ball...agendas to support the SPFL's preposterous decision  left, right and centre. One or two notable exceptions who can see the bigger picture.

Has our case been picked up by media anywhere else in Europe? Would be interesting to see their slant on it

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

bunch of ******s. 

convinced me to put another £20 top up in FOH

1DDFA846-FE00-4266-A4E8-01DF7F9C26FF.gif

made me donate another score myself, these ****s don’t know the beast that has been awoken in Gorgie.

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I also hope its slow and painful but days like yesterday seeing DU, Raith and Cove air their possible demise through their tears/statement really gives me a sense of enjoyment and i always want more. Suppose we still have to see a demise of 30 odd other clubs :pleasing:

The way in which HMFC have been treated through this absolute farce, has brought out the worst in me and probably many others. 

Feck them!

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

We are Jambos, super Jambos, no one likes us, we dont care? 

Please don’t. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

I hope it's sudden.

Half the league all deid in a week.

Feck these roasters.

What's the saying "Come the revolution"

1 hour ago, S Form said:

The thing that worried me about this was the fact that the same chairman was also asked for a witness statement for the arbitration process. He’s hardly going to be open and honest if he thinks his statement might end up with his club going bust. Let’s just say that this situation lends itself to witnesses backing the SPFL rather than giving an objective assessment. 

You  do understand that if anyone asked for a witness statement in this process is found to have lied, they could end up in court themselves?  Likewise, if they attempt to avoid answering any questions asked, or provide vague answers, they will be pressed further.

This case might not be being heard in court, but anyone who tries to act the cunny funt can still be held in contempt.

I would expect that any club chairman who has been asked to provide a statement will have been straight on the phone to their solicitor to assist them in constructing a suitable response.  That would mean no lying, but possibly being economical with the truth, which a good QC will see through and dig deeper.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

This is ancient but the title sums a fair number of them up. (UK's Elvis)

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

1 hour ago, Celtic1ICT3 said:

Rob - my analysis was without bias and based on the facts as known. The Tribunal will look at facts and if they conclude that the SPFL broke the Companies Act because they counted one vote after the deadline and a second amended vote from Dundee regardless of perceived wrongdoing, the decision in law could not stand. Yes, I have read a lot of this thread but a lot is based on emotion and subjectivity which will not form part of the judgement.

I agree that the emotion on here will not form part of the tribunal's judgement, but I think it definitely will form part of our fans' judgement in terms of how we view other clubs.

As I said in my OP,  ICT are definitely on the good guys list.  If we end up in the Championship next season, I'll definitely be up for a trip to Inverness, it's a great city, maybe second only to Edinburgh :).  I will not be visiting any of the clubs who shafted us, the money I would have spent on those games will instead be directed to FOH.

If the majority of clubs had voted the right way, we might have had a reconstructed premier league with both Hearts and ICT in it.  You are one of the very few clubs I can think of whose manager would be given a rousing positive reception at Tynecastle.  

SectionDJambo
26 minutes ago, Boof said:

They believe the lies they're fed from every ignoramus commenting upon the issue as if they have the foggiest notion what they're talking about.

Sun, Record, Sportsound, Off the Ball...agendas to support the SPFL's preposterous decision  left, right and centre. One or two notable exceptions who can see the bigger picture.

I don’t think it would be too much of an exaggeration to say that this witch hunt against Hearts, in particular, has been one of the most shameful affairs in Scottish football history. Mob rule, sponsored by dark forces hiding in the shadows, aided and abetted by a, pretty much, subservient media to those dark forces. 
Any reasonable person, or organisation,  would have done all it could, under these extreme circumstances, to protect the entire Scottish football “family”. There were obvious means of helping every club survive this crisis. Instead, all reason has been abandoned and replaced by sheer spite and badness, backed up by a propaganda machine, of which Dr Goebbels, would have been proud. Keep saying the same lies often enough and the masses will believe them. 

The bad feeling, no matter who eventually gains the result they crave, will continue to poison football in this country for a very long time. For that alone, the entire SPFL board should resign. The damage that their deceit and blackmail has done is quite possibly irreparable. Clubs will probably go bust through an unwillingness to see through the haze of crazy self interest of far too many clubs. And it’s pretty much all self inflicted.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Well, how about organising a nice welcoming party at Tynecastle for them?

That's what I thought. If they don't make it to Tynecastle, then they should by all accounts of decency give the money back right? 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

https://gf.me/u/yfjgvr

seen this on Facebook 😂

The target!!!

Typical Dundee Utd, need £100,000 plus and they set a target of £1,000.

Look at us!  We're  as big as Hearts.

Sorry  lots of zeroes missing for you to come close. 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is my biggest fear. I’m so cynical I can’t think otherwise.

I understand your cynicism, I am a big cynic myself, but now that I understand how this arbitration process will play out, I'm not cynical about that. It doesn't mean I'm confident we'll win, but I am confident that we'll get a fair hearing.

If we lose, the panel will be able to point to matters of law on which they based their decision, as opposed to saying 'you were bottom of the league when it was called, so you deserve to be relegated, just accept your medicine'.  I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure that 'just accept your medicine' is not a viable legal response.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

You're making the  big mistake of attempting to apply logic to this issue.  You'll never get anywhere in Scottish football governance with that sort of approach.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You're making the  big mistake of attempting to apply logic to this issue.  You'll never get anywhere in Scottish football governance with that sort of approach.

It isn't just governance though although I do think the general public are morons.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I love thinking of those clubs which voted purely in self interest now in full panic mode.  If any do go bust, I hope they've got a mirror.

I’m a bit late to it tonight, but yep, this is spot on.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, south morocco said:

Maybe a daft question If Hearts choose say Mr A, would Mr A know he was chosen by us or are they just all put together blind so to speak therefore completely unaware.

Not a daft question at all. It’s a very good question actually. Unfortunately I don’t know the answer. That said, I can’t see any good reason why the arbitrators would have to know which side picked them. I can think of a few good reasons why they shouldn’t know though.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm fickin fed up now, every morning I get up and check pages of this thread before I have brekkie and replies keep coming. Go in for my backshift, get home and there's maybe another 10/11 pages waiting (or more). Just seriously pissed off with it all now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not a daft question at all. It’s a very good question actually. Unfortunately I don’t know the answer. That said, I can’t see any good reason why the arbitrators would have to know which side picked them. I can think of a few good reasons why they shouldn’t know though.

Exactly.  South Morocco's question is very good indeed and I agree entirely with your response.

I hope we get to find out one way or the other.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

The target!!!

Typical Dundee Utd, need £100,000 plus and they set a target of £1,000.

Look at us!  We're  as big as Hearts.

Sorry  lots of zeroes missing for you to come close. 

"Won promotion" Not at all voted for promotion with 8 games to go.

Poor downtrodden Dundee Utd and their multi-millionaire owner, 3 million of debt and new manager who thinks relegating teams during a league stopped because of a pandemic is unfair. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Some were moaning about reconstruction being temp and there'd be double relegation if the status quo returned. Some were greeting about having to travel to the Highlands. These chairman completely forgetting that their clubs death was the only certainty on the table if they didn't vote for it. They have all shot themselves in the foot. 

cJxPG4iQhgAhauz0LcWDt_b5NeAZZ7YKfsaXr1UH

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

They think they’ll walk it in 18 hours 😂

I guarantee they have looked up the distance between the two stadiums (about 55 miles), and Googled to find out that the average walking speed is about 3 or 4 mph, and divided the total by that (55/3 = 18.33).  

They'll be in for a lovely shock when they have to navigate their way through Fife - they can't exactly just walk along the A92 as there is no footpath.  Takes about 20 minutes just to get to Dundee City Centre from Tannadice, and then the bridge is a nice, lovely, steady incline which means it'll take them them the best part hour to get from Tannadice just to the other side of the Tay Bridge - where they will still be able to actually see their starting point :lol:

Out of interest, I just quickly tried to put together a "safe" walking route, which avoids the main routes that will not have a dedicated walking path for them.  It is incredibly difficult - from the other side of the Tay Bridge, there is no footpath along the A92, so they'd have to come through Newport and then start to head toward St Andrews.  They could then follow the A91 from Dairsie to Cupar, but after that it has no footpath, so the back roads towards Leven would have to be used.  Then it's all the way around Kinghorn, Burtisland and Aberdour to the Forth Bridge.  There is no footpath along the A90, so it'll be coastal paths from Queensferry before coming through Edinburgh.

Their 18 hour estimate is, quite frankly, nonsense :lol: 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I guarantee they have looked up the distance between the two stadiums (about 55 miles), and Googled to find out that the average walking speed is about 3 or 4 mph, and divided the total by that (55/3 = 18.33).  

They'll be in for a lovely shock when they have to navigate their way through Fife - they can't exactly just walk along the A92 as there is no footpath.  Takes about 20 minutes just to get to Dundee City Centre from Tannadice, and then the bridge is a nice, lovely, steady incline which means it'll take them them the best part hour to get from Tannadice just to the other side of the Tay Bridge - where they will still be able to actually see their starting point :lol:

Out of interest, I just quickly tried to put together a "safe" walking route, which avoids the main routes that will not have a dedicated walking path for them.  It is incredibly difficult - from the other side of the Tay Bridge, there is no footpath along the A92, so they'd have to come through Newport and then start to head toward St Andrews.  They could then follow the A91 from Dairsie to Cupar, but after that it has no footpath, so the back roads towards Leven would have to be used.  Then it's all the way around Kinghorn, Burtisland and Aberdour to the Forth Bridge.  There is no footpath along the A90, so it'll be coastal paths from Queensferry before coming through Edinburgh.

Their 18 hour estimate is, quite frankly, nonsense :lol: 

Much like their route to the top flight then

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )