SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Billybuffjaw said:

I've probably been to way more Hearts games than you my friend. Please read over all my posts before you comment about me being too much the other way.

Unlikely as I have been going to Tynecastle and away games for well over fifty years and please don't refer to me a "Friend"

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Billybuffjaw
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Are you as argumentative and condescending in real life?

i would highly doubt it as your username would be Billysorejaw

I have an opinion, like everyone else, difference is I'm not a bully.

Interested Bystander
Just now, Brave Hearts said:

3 questions then list 4 !!!!

you must have had the role  counting the Good Friday vote

4. was an afterthought. I was in favour of 14-10-10-10, but knew it had no chance of getting passed after that suspiciously well informed letter. You were asking a lot of clubs to take a serious financial hit, and though I doubt it would have passed anyway, that kyboshed any chances of it. You might say Leslie Deans wasn't representing the club, but it matched exactly what the club ended up doing, and I'm sure the club chairmen took it as such.

Billybuffjaw
Just now, wavydavy said:

Unlikely as I have been going to Tynecastle and away games for well over fifty years and please don't refer to me a "Friend"

Ok pal, you win.

Oh really.

Who said you were? Are you accusing me of being one?

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The 1-0 defeat to St Mirren seems to be the only game that is talked about. Up until that game Hearts had lost 2 of the previous 11, one of them away to Celtic. In the 3 games prior to the St Mirren game we had a draw with Motherwell, a win over Rangers and humped Hibs at their place. The season was far from over.

It's a point that is conveniently overlooked by many, including the guy from Bonnyrig. 

It's the norm, not the exception, that relegation battles are won and lost in the last eight games, especially when the lower six teams play each other after the split.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Billybuffjaw said:

I've probably been to way more Hearts games than you my friend. Please read over all my posts before you comment about me being too much the other way.

No you have not, otherwise you would know the difference betwen Billy boys and Bully boys?

and for the record the song was sung as Gorgie Billy boys,  now feckitybye!

It is unfortunate that this thread has been infiltrated by people who are unable to tell the truth about their allegiance or motives.

It has taken away from the main story of the day which is the continued contempt shown by the SPFL for the legal process and it's possible outcomes.

They have published a fixture list which will require to be completely rewritten should we win at arbitration and be reinstated to the premiership. I had no real issue with the list being published, so long as it was made clear that it was provisional and was drawn up in such a way as to ensure that we could replace DU if that was the outcome of arbitration.

The SPFL has failed to do the right thing again. It is not acting in the best interests of Scottish football. It has shown contempt towards us, but worse than that, contempt towards the legal process.

Am I surprised? No. How could anyone be surprised by the continued shameful behaviour of the body charged with running Scottish football?

will-i-am-a-jambo
17 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The other thing about the Aberdeen vote switchers is that in then game Doncaster etc all the mandate to bang on about 81% voting the resolution through. Without the dundee vote it would have failed but doncaster and the SPFL board keep harking  back to that figure as if to imply it was a landslide 

The 81% also has to be put into context, most of these clubs that voted for this resolution were either gaining from it, had no direct impact on them either way or were a member of the SPFL board at the time. There were only a handful of clubs that were impacted negatively on that resolution.

Heartsmad1874

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6503/CLUB-STATEMENT.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

On the day that the SPFL have released the Premiership fixture list for 2020/21, which is scheduled to start on 1st August, instead of looking forward and planning for the forthcoming season, the executive team and Board at the Club are embroiled in preparation work for the SFA arbitration process that starts this week in respect of the action raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle.

As confirmed in our joint statement on Friday, we, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, were pleased with Lord Clark’s decision to refer the dispute to arbitration, however we remain incensed that we are having to devote considerable time and incur significant legal costs in defending this action. Together we have already incurred costs of over £50,000, and face further legal fees for the arbitration process that could take the total bill to over £150,000. 

Given the serious financial implications of these escalating legal costs for Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers and ourselves, the three clubs have considered withdrawing from the arbitration process and allowing the expert panel of arbiters to judge the case raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle without any submissions from us in defence of our case. However, we believe (and our external legal advisors have confirmed same) that there is too much at stake to not defend our position against the Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle petition, which is seeking to reverse a decision that was made by 81% of the SPFL member clubs.

If successful in their action, in our opinion Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle would compromise the sporting integrity of the SPFL with clubs having been declared champions of their league not being promoted. Having won the Championship by a considerable margin, and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Premiership, a decision to overturn the SPFL resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be ruinous for us and our fans.

Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle could also be awarded significant sums in terms of compensation. Their compensation claim is for a total of £10 million. For the SPFL and its member clubs this would have potentially catastrophic consequences, with any compensation payment made to Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle being paid directly out of SPFL funds that are distributed to all clubs each season as prize money.

It is with these factors in mind, that, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, we are reaching out to our fellow member clubs for support in defending this action, which has not only potentially grave consequences for us, but every SPFL club. We also intend running a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to help fund the huge legal bills that we face. We hope that as well as our own supporters, fans of clubs across Scotland will see this as a worthy cause to get behind in that if Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle are successful in their action it could have serious ramifications for the whole of Scottish football.

Brick Tamland

Do you and your ilk sing the words bully boys instead of Gorgie boys by any chance? If anyone disagrees with the gangs opinion they're vermin or hobos? Do you actually behave like this in real life?

I was merely showing an interest in this post and to what extent the online security should be extended and what he can reveal. So how you’ve twisted that to think I’m a bigot and I follow the gang is very strange and says way more about you and your agenda that it does me. 
You have had a nightmare over the last few pages and replying to my post in this manner is just continuing that nightmare, you are either typing things with your forehead or are genuinely troubled. 

1 minute ago, Interested Bystander said:

4. was an afterthought. I was in favour of 14-10-10-10, but knew it had no chance of getting passed after that suspiciously well informed letter. You were asking a lot of clubs to take a serious financial hit, and though I doubt it would have passed anyway, that kyboshed any chances of it. You might say Leslie Deans wasn't representing the club, but it matched exactly what the club ended up doing, and I'm sure the club chairmen took it as such.

You've got yourself caught up in drama though asked some good questions. 

It hasn’t been reported properly how opposed to Reconstruction Premiership clubs are. 

Rick Sanchez

Dundee Utd begging other teams for money and crowd funding whilst painting Hearts and Partick as the enemy who could cause catastrophic damage to Scottish football.

Surely shouldn't be allowed to talk in such terms before a legal case.

All that being said, just die eh.

Nelly Terraces

What all these media gobshites are forgetting is that Ann Budge, or whoever else is charge at Hearts, has an obligation to the employess shareholders, investors, sponsors & in the case of football, the supporters, to do everything in their power to get the best financial & business outcome possible for that company.

At every stage that is what Hearts have attempted to do, whilst trying to remain on cordial terms with the other stakeholders involved. Legal action was inevitable after all other avenues had been exhausted. If Ann  Budge had not sought to protect the business then really her position as CEO would have been completely untenable as it would have been tantamount to willfully damaging that business through inaction.

How they cannot grasp this seemingly obvious fact is pretty incredible really. 

Just now, Jambo66 said:

It is unfortunate that this thread has been infiltrated by people who are unable to tell the truth about their allegiance or motives.

It has taken away from the main story of the day which is the continued contempt shown by the SPFL for the legal process and it's possible outcomes.

They have published a fixture list which will require to be completely rewritten should we win at arbitration and be reinstated to the premiership. I had no real issue with the list being published, so long as it was made clear that it was provisional and was drawn up in such a way as to ensure that we could replace DU if that was the outcome of arbitration.

The SPFL has failed to do the right thing again. It is not acting in the best interests of Scottish football. It has shown contempt towards us, but worse than that, contempt towards the legal process.

Am I surprised? No. How could anyone be surprised by the continued shameful behaviour of the body charged with running Scottish football?

That is why the Mods should be launching these guys.  We have various people come on here from other clubs and we can have a resonable discussion however some of these ones juist now are just looking to stir things up and are basically doing what the SPFL have been doing only interested in portraying us as the bad guys.

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6503/CLUB-STATEMENT.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

On the day that the SPFL have released the Premiership fixture list for 2020/21, which is scheduled to start on 1st August, instead of looking forward and planning for the forthcoming season, the executive team and Board at the Club are embroiled in preparation work for the SFA arbitration process that starts this week in respect of the action raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle.

As confirmed in our joint statement on Friday, we, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, were pleased with Lord Clark’s decision to refer the dispute to arbitration, however we remain incensed that we are having to devote considerable time and incur significant legal costs in defending this action. Together we have already incurred costs of over £50,000, and face further legal fees for the arbitration process that could take the total bill to over £150,000. 

Given the serious financial implications of these escalating legal costs for Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers and ourselves, the three clubs have considered withdrawing from the arbitration process and allowing the expert panel of arbiters to judge the case raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle without any submissions from us in defence of our case. However, we believe (and our external legal advisors have confirmed same) that there is too much at stake to not defend our position against the Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle petition, which is seeking to reverse a decision that was made by 81% of the SPFL member clubs.

If successful in their action, in our opinion Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle would compromise the sporting integrity of the SPFL with clubs having been declared champions of their league not being promoted. Having won the Championship by a considerable margin, and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Premiership, a decision to overturn the SPFL resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be ruinous for us and our fans.

Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle could also be awarded significant sums in terms of compensation. Their compensation claim is for a total of £10 million. For the SPFL and its member clubs this would have potentially catastrophic consequences, with any compensation payment made to Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle being paid directly out of SPFL funds that are distributed to all clubs each season as prize money.

It is with these factors in mind, that, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, we are reaching out to our fellow member clubs for support in defending this action, which has not only potentially grave consequences for us, but every SPFL club. We also intend running a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to help fund the huge legal bills that we face. We hope that as well as our own supporters, fans of clubs across Scotland will see this as a worthy cause to get behind in that if Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle are successful in their action it could have serious ramifications for the whole of Scottish football.

No shame!!

4 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

They could swap Hearts for Dundee United fairly comfortably. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Avoiding mention of such inconvenient truths is the hallmark of an organisation that prefers the use of propaganda to disguise its incompetence (at best) rather than to tackle its ingrained problems. 

Billybuffjaw
3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I was merely showing an interest in this post and to what extent the online security should be extended and what he can reveal. So how you’ve twisted that to think I’m a bigot and I follow the gang is very strange and says way more about you and your agenda that it does me. 
You have had a nightmare over the last few pages and replying to my post in this manner is just continuing that nightmare, you are either typing things with your forehead or are genuinely troubled. 

My apologies, you're right in that I've had a nightmare, I've allowed myself to get embroiled in petty arguments with bullies. I'm out.

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Having been DECLARED CHAMPIONS rather than WINNING by what means?

Glamorgan Jambo

As I said before there was absolutely no need for Dundee Utd to sign up as respondents to this action. A combination of waffle from Doncaster (essentially giving the SPFL a free hit at getting the action dismissed regardless of the slim possibility of success) and hard sell from their useless QC has put themselves in this hole. Oh dear how sad never mind.

My apologies, you're right in that I've had a nightmare, I've allowed myself to get embroiled in petty arguments with bullies. I'm out.

See ya

Brick Tamland

Whilst clearly bullying others. 👋🏻 

upgotheheads

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-heartspartick-thistle-challenge-imperative-premiership-starts-august-1920-season-could-not-be-finished-2904952

“We’re here at the pleasure of the clubs and the board. We're servants of the board and we're here to serve the interests of all member clubs. Over 80 per cent of member clubs voted for the resolution that led to the curtailment of last season. All 12 Premiership clubs last season accepted the season needed to be brought to an end. There was no viable alternative so we are where we are and we just need to make the very best of the situation we find ourselves in."

There's at least four 'untrue' statements in the above quote by Doncaster, but I would expect nothing less.

6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Interested Bystander said:

If that's the best you've got for the arbitration panel I don't fancy your chances much. I'd imagine they'll take the global pandemic into account when they come to a decision, and they won't be blaming it on the 38 clubs who managed not to be bottom of their leagues 

when the leagues were curtailed by necessity and a democratic vote. 

Ah, the smell of blind panic about you. You know in your heart of hearts that we are going to win big style. 

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

In order to set a few points correct with regards to things I posted earlier.

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

No, I’m not a journalist or being paid or asked to post.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door. 

Are you saying that owners of other clubs acted in good faith and with integrity during an ongoing pandemic? Other countries have restarted their leagues, why not ours? Do you think there's an agenda with the SPFL? Any fairly intelligent person can see the SFA/SPFL have poorly administered our game and to the detriment of most clubs. 

We, Heart of Midlothian FC, are only standing up for ourselves so what did you expect us to do? Ann Budge has done exactly what she said she would do and done so without fear and integrity, I wish others had done the same. 

Brick Tamland

Dear Dundee United,

No hard feelings. 

Best regards

Heart of Midlothian xx

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

The hypocrisy, calling us ruinous then accepting we may get huge compo. Thats money awarded by a court who have found the actions against us to be illigal. Why tf should we not fight it? 

Cretins. 

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Essentially - the legal action that HMFC & PTFC have taken, and that Lord Clark has adjudged to have enough merit, whilst dismissing that put forward by DUFC etc, to put to arbritration is bad as it financially stiffs them, but the compromised process that financially cripples both HMFC & PTFC is all tickety boo.

Cool story DUFC. Twats. 

58 minutes ago, Interested Bystander said:

3 questions from an outsider.

1. What rule was broken by Dundee changing their vote?

2. What was wrong if Aberdeen were told their vote didn't matter? It didn't as there would still have been the required

Yes vote in the Premiership section had they voted No. The Dundee vote only affected the Championship section.

3. With proper training only being allowed by the Scottish Government last week, and the earliest BCD games can start is

August 1st, and with barely enough free dates available for the fixtures, when could the 19/10 season have been played 

to a finish?

4. Does anybody think Leslie Deans open letter threatening bankruptcy to the other SPFL clubs 2 days before the 14-10-10-10

vote helped your cause? 

I'll bite

1. They broke a gentleman's rule with ITC and Partick for a start. The vote should of been voided when it became public that Dundee had the deciding vote. As has been documented this left them open to have their decision making corrupted. 

2. Its a 'what if question'... ? 

3. If the season 19/20 was completed the 20/21 season could of been reduced with a later start in line with the other Scottish leagues. 

4. Was it a threat or was it a warning? But hes proving correct as teams (Raith/Hibs) are struggling now. 

Can't believe DUFC have used the term "sporting integrity." 

FFS.

Not worth repeating what has been said a thousand times on this thread other than to say "you don't understand what the term means!"  Their promotion is the opposite of what the term means.

Bull's-eye

Dundee United statement :rofl:

Looks like its only just dawned on these ignorant,  self indulgent half wits that there may be ramifications in voting to dump teams out of the leagues with zero justification.

If it was justified you ****ing idiots, then why are you all now Shitting your pants?

Stick your league construction right up yer Sheriffs, sideways.

I'm more than happy being in the Championship and will be over the moon watching all these other self indulgent half witted chairman who havent got an ounce of integrity amongst them bankrupting themselves for having the foresight of a Goldfish.

You reep what you sow. 

Brick Tamland
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Looks like its only just dawned on these ignorant,  self indulgent half wits that there may be ramifications in voting to dump teams out of the leagues with zero justification.

If it was justified you ****ing idiots, then why are you all now Shitting your pants?

I'm more than happy being in the Championship and will be over the moon watching all these other self indulgent half witted chairman who havent got an ounce of integrity amongst them bankrupting themselves for having the foresight of a Goldfish.

You reep what you sow. 

This 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You reep what you sow. 

I think thats were the vast majority of Hearts fans are right now. A huge multi million compo claim and a season in the Championship.

We will be back but the clubs that shafted is will be DEAD.

That statement surely is illegal. WTF , they’re begging other clubs to help them and boot us ?

that bad blood is just about to start boiling. 
If ever their was bullying and veiled threats that statement has it in spades. 

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You reep what you sow. 

👍

doctor jambo

Dear Dundee Utd,

Whatever happens, we will survive.

Our fans and benefactors have guaranteed this.

You could have supported reconstruction and been promoted, with no costs involved.

you didnt.

You brought a knife to a gun fight.

hughesie27
17 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

So because we might win our case we shouldn't be proceeding. Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They could swap Hearts for Dundee United fairly comfortably. 

There is a rule preventing Hearts and Hibs playing in Edinburgh on the same day. It is a police requirement. That rule is effectively broken in week 1 with Hibs and DU both at home.

Hagar the Horrible

Wow just wow from DU: we believe (and our external legal advisors have confirmed same) that there is too much at stake to not defend our position against the Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle petition, which is seeking to reverse a decision that was made by 81% of the SPFL member clubs. Sorry that argument for the 81% has been accepted as wrong by the Court of Session as the SPFL QC has already agreed that Dundee voted NO and the Aberdeen vote was by definition a fit up!

If successful in their action, in our opinion Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle would compromise the sporting integrity of the SPFL  Oh I think we have moral high ground on that one!  Bullying and cohesion as well asa robust conversations are sporting then?

Having won the Championship by a considerable margin, and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Premiership, so FFP not an issue then so perhaps you could pay your legal bills all by yourselves then?

we are reaching out to our fellow member clubs for support in defending this action, which has not only potentially grave consequences for us, but every SPFL club. No I am sure just you and if you supported reconstruction none of us would be facing grave consequences? So in times of furlough and thousands of people facing redundancy they want everybody else to fund their campaign because they wasted their money to buy a league, REPUGNANT!

This answered my earlier question, if they don’t get involved with arbitration then their case and the case for the SPFL folds, that’s pretty much what their legal team have advised! They are Dying to be promoted, quite literally!

The media should  slaughter them for this!

5 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

There is a rule preventing Hearts and Hibs playing in Edinburgh on the same day. It is a police requirement. That rule is effectively broken in week 1 with Hibs and DU both at home.

You can play games on Sundays, or Fridays. Only 5 Saturday fixtures need changing. In midweek you can play on a Tuesday and a Wednesday. Just one clash midweek. 

Edited by Mikey1874

gashauskis9

So Dundee Utd are expecting teams that voted for the status quo to protect their own financial interests to give them money to save their arses.

Small time, scumbag, orange twats.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )