SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

upgotheheads

Is this Arbritation panel they're talking about the SFA panel that we were told we should have referred to last week? 

hughesie27
Just now, Cruyff said:

Do they do that whole objection thing in Scottish Courts and get told to re-phrase by the judge if it is sustained? 🤔 

Or is that just in America? 

They do but different terminology. Here it is

"Yer Arse!"

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If the boy Jerry that was tasked to schedule, then they would have easily been able to use Hearts as a basis (to ensure no Edinburgh conflict) and substitute with Utd once the fixtures were derived.

There should be no need to re-do the schedule

What about when the sheep and h1b5 go bust and can't afford to play without their handful of fans ?

Should we not have posted to adjourn for the day so that our points are heard in full like the other two?

13 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Interesting but names of who - people inside or outside football? Surely now the situation has become so tribal no-one could genuinely act independently. Ive not heard anyone say - well I don't have an opinion on this...Which is why the legal route was the only option to resolve.

I think it would be chaired by an independent legal professional, that was certainly the case with the panel set up to adjudicate on Rangers after they went into administration, although I can't remember who it was who chaired the panel.  There was also someone from the Board of Raith Rovers on the panel, as I can remember them being threatened by disgruntled huns.  When Rangers appealed the decision of the panel, it went to an appeals panel chaired by Lord Carloway.  

I thought our boy said he required an hour?

would rather It had been adjourned today and give our team the evening to go over any of the other QC points.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The SFA wrote to UEFA days before advising on the outcome of the vote days before the vote took place, Mike Mulraney who voted to end the season is on the board, as is Neil doncaster

Independent? 

The judicial panel is made up retired judges and sheriffs.

The problem is the SFA - SPFL rules, sorry thinkings, are so aligned its a bloody pointless exercise.

Edited by DETTY29

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, The Treasurer said:

What about when the sheep and h1b5 go bust and can't afford to play without their handful of fans ?

When? debateable, but if that were to happen during the season, then I presume all clubs get awarded  a 3-0 victory or something akin to that.

I doubt the schedule would be reconfigured

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Is this going to be the new criticism 😁 we would have won if our QC spoke louder.

In fairness John Murray said he sounded a lot louder on his You-tube video

CavySlaveJambo
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

When? debateable, but if that were to happen during the season, then I presume all clubs get awarded  a 3-0 victory or something akin to that.

I doubt the schedule would be reconfigured

I would have though the results would have been expunged. 

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

As long as the judge can hear.

He will be struggling the same as us. Shite WiFi from our QC.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I would have though the results would have been expunged. 

quite possibly, same end result though, no rescheduling required

20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I wonder at the time the SPFL relegated us if they advised us that we could appeal to the SFA.

My guess is that the SPFL have withheld inconvenient information throughout and would not have offered this as an option in their haste to get it done.

I don't think they have withheld any information as all their rules and artcles etc are there for all members to read. They are however set out in such a way as to be open to interpretation which I have no doubt is intentional so they can hide behind when it suits.

Mr Brightside
19 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I wonder at the time the SPFL relegated us if they advised us that we could appeal to the SFA.

My guess is that the SPFL have withheld inconvenient information throughout and would not have offered this as an option in their haste to get it done.

Generally the process for arbitration is set out in a contract / articles of agreement and it’s up to a party to commence the arbitration procedures. The burden of proof normally lies with the party starting the arbitration process.

There is no need for the SPFL to tell us to take the arbitration route if it is in the articles of agreement.

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Definitely

Their tactic may be to stop just in time for us to start, but not fully finish...........making our guy sound a bit disjointed when he resumes tomorrow.... or whenever.

Italian Lambretta

Are there 2 QCs on our side to speak or just David Thomson representing both clubs?

Just now, Sarah O said:

So he gets half an hour?

Better be good. Fingers crossed Our Chap!

I don't know. I'd imagine the judge will allow him some time tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

In fairness John Murray said he sounded a lot louder on his You-tube video

QCWyscout 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Are there 2 QCs on our side to speak or just David Thomson representing both clubs?

Just David Thomson

DarthVodka
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes.  A QC will put forward his argument to the judge.  He then gives himself a fallback position if the judge doesn't agree with his argument.

Lawyers are always very careful what they say - I had to sit in a meeting with my companies Lawyer with 2 others companies.  It was very obvious she was under no circumstances allowed or planning to say certain words and phrases. 

better_call_saul
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Pleased to see that our guy is getting a generous 20 minutes to speak... I'd phone up again for a listen, but the first TWO HOURS of hearing Utd's Phil A Buster QC waffle on and on honestly drained the life out of me and sapped all my enthusiasm.

He went on at 3.20pm and will be given more time tomorrow afternoon/ Friday morning if he is not finished by 4pm.

joondalupjambo
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The SFA wrote to UEFA days before advising on the outcome of the vote days before the vote took place, Mike Mulraney who voted to end the season is on the board, as is Neil doncaster

Independent? 

Absolutely not and joined at the hip. There is one reason right there why Petrie has handed in a sick note.  If it ever did get to the SFA to decide he wants his hands clean and Mulraney to pull the trigger on us getting stuffed.

Riccarton3

What's the BBC next revelation: Hearts and Par tick QC  argued case should be heard in the Court of session? 

Gorgieshed
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

What's the BBC next revelation: Hearts and Par tick QC  argued case should be heard in the Court of session? 

Na it would be preceded with Disgrace as Hearts and Partick...

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, heatonjambo said:

I think we are losing this!

I think you're losing it. Full of *****

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Christ get a grip 

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Definitely

FF is it possible that DU,RR et all and the SPFL are trying to drag this out?

I am likening this to the Houses of Parliament having people  filibuster to ensure that the motion times out and falls, if you get my meaning.

I still cannot get my head round DU, RR et all actually being there as I thought we were only calling out the SPFL for acting illegally under company law? 

3 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Wishful thinking on your part perhaps?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )