SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Riccarton3
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Atleast wait until you’ve heard our QC, FFS.

It's unbelievable, eh? Not even leaving at 2-4 in injury time but half time one down to St Johnstone

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye! :laugh2:

I thought the judge would have read the petitions, already had his opinion and he would have asked questions to the QC's to clarify things, then made a decision. That's what I thought a hearing was. 

I thought the whole arguments thing was reserved for an actual trial. 

I was with you. Basically the thing being discussed is whether the Court should hear the case and if so whether now or later. There is of course no jury and I assumed the judge would read the submissions, perhaps ask for clarification, and make a decision rather than listen to QCs droning on for days.

Naïve of course knowing how notoriously inefficient the courts and legal system are.

gowestjambo

Too many people making assumptions. If we are awarded compensation it is for wrongdoing. If we have been wronged in law we must be reinstated!! (imo)

35 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

should these threads not be locked during the court proceedings. People are providing commentary which is a complete breach of court rules.

Personally, I'm not. I posted after the QC had stopped speaking. No one here is doing "live" commentary". 

Oneneilberry
6 minutes ago, Rods said:

It looks as though our best option now is compensation.

Ffs god help an accused if you were a judge😂

1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

I think budge has messed up not taking legal actions sooner 

If she had taken it to Court sooner without trying to gain reconstruction first then they would have used that against us saying we did not explore enought avenues to get a resolution. Now we have tried all the options and the last one is Court.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

They would have argued that either way if we launched proceedings in April/May they would say reconstruction talks were ongoing.

It’s an argument that doesn’t hold water.

Yep. The arguments are weak as piss.

We can win this.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Excuse my ignorance again but it would seem unfair, as it is our case, for DU & SPFL to get their case in first and build up a head of steam before we get to put our case (and the primary reason for a hearing). Is this a normal precedent? and do you think it is advantageous to put our claim last thereby hopefully destroying the counter arguments and hopefully giving them no chance to come back in?

It's not unfair.

The reason for DU/RR/CR going first is that they have put a motion to the court about its competence to adjudicate the dispute.  That has to come before the merits of the Hearts/PT claim itself.

The "respondents", as they have raised to motion, will get the first and last words in this hearing.

The "petitioners" in the arguments on the main case (Hearts & PT) will speak first and last in that hearing should it go ahead. 

Holyrood_Hearts
4 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

How do you work that out?

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

If she had taken it to Court sooner without trying to gain reconstruction first then they would have used that against us saying we did not explore enought avenues to get a resolution. Now we have tried all the options and the last one is Court.

Exactly 

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Arbitration panel would be confidential.

Haha Jesus Christ that would be a rubber stamping exercise of “nexxxxtttt” without any Care or consideration to us, it would be absolutely pointless.

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Arbitration panel would be confidential.

One look at who is on both boards should kick that shitty suggestion in to touch (imho).

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Hope the judge asks why Budge was having to do Doncaster's job while this time was ticking.

Maybe he will ask him to submit a paper about it first.

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Personally, I'm not. I posted after the QC had stopped speaking. No one here is doing "live" commentary". 

Yes usually commentary takes place immediately after the event bright spark

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

One look at who is on both boards should kick that shitty suggestion in to touch (imho).

Don't think it is made up of board members. 

Bazzas right boot

Going with the commentary on here 

Their whole defence is that it's a sporting matter, nothing to see here.

Hopefully once we put other points across the judge will see that it isn't.

Their defence holds or dies on the decision today/ thur/ fri. 

All of their nasty wee, rotten eggs in one basket.

Surely we have planned for this and will blow it to pieces.

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

However I have no doubt an arbitration panel would be "meticulously chosen" by board members.

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Pish.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Hope the judge asks why Budge was having to do Doncaster's job while this time was ticking.

Hopefully he just asks "if time was a factor, what was he actually doing, full stop and if time was a factor why weren't the executive powers used to mitigate the fall out of covid.?"

Heartsmad1874

I would err on the side of caution about posting whats been said.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes usually commentary takes place immediately after the event bright spark

No one was updating anything from the court in real time so there were no legal problems.

Got that, bright spark  ? 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I would err on the side of caution about posting whats been said.

Edited.

Pans Jambo
50 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Mclaren turning down the Dundee United job. Maybe because they are gonna be in the championship? 

BBC saying the league fixtures are out on Monday. Be a shame if they had to "re-do" them eh?

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

It's not going to sound positive when we've not spoken yet. 

Exactly 

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't think that should matter.

GorgieRules22

Hope some on here are never on jury duty any time soon 🤪

Always better to listen to the full case and the arguments from both sides......nothing like jumping the gun eh.

Jambof3tornado

Rather a lot of yellow bellied sods on here!!!

This isnt over, we havent even spoken yet. Stop getting suckered in by the spfls QC!!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

BBC saying the league fixtures are out on Monday. Be a shame if they had to "re-do" them eh?

They might already be prepared for that. Hibs v Dundee hibs around new years day, both of them never being at home on the same weekend etc.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

You mean get that poor guy in America to sort out the fixtures? :laugh:

Pans Jambo
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Has he really aye????

Really???

Well that's a shocker!!!

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Rather a lot of yellow bellied sods on here!!!

This isnt over, we havent even spoken yet. Stop getting suckered in by the spfls QC!!

Of course their arguments sound good. Having thought about it. We get to listen to their arguments and then big Davie T gets to rip them up for arse paper at the end. Hope he's on form today. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is all new to me too - but it seems to me the QC is making it very plain Hearts must go to arbitration as it's set out as being a member of the SPFL & the SFA. 

As I said earlier on the thread , it seems very odd to me that DUFC are saying Hearts should go to arbitration - I'd have thought the SPFL would be making that case. 

Hopefully your last point will be clarified when Hearts get up to speak. 

Did he miss out the bit that says that clubs can take disputes to the Court of Session if outside the scope of the SFA? As in disputes covered by civil/company law! I suspect he did. Whenever a QC puts forward a case, without interruption from the opposing counsel, he's bound to make it sound like he is correct in everything he says and be able to convince the layman that he has a winning case. It is only after the petitioners' QC has had an opportunity to put forward his case that we will have the opportunity to gauge how it's going.

Remember that, as has been said plenty of times on this thread, the rules of the SFA and SPFL do not take precedence over the Court of Session, or the law of the land, and if Lord Clark decides it is a dispute best settled in a court of law, in a court of law it will be settled.

In the CoS the court will not be looking to rule on what is best for Scottish football (as rightly or wrongly viewed by the SFA) but looking to ensure the law of the land is adhered to and that no company is disadvantaged unfairly by another or others. The court will look for a remedy that puts everyone in the position they would have been had no wrongful act taken place, which will be why Dundee Utd etc are so adversely affected by the proceedings. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
6 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

It's not going to sound positive when we've not spoken yet. 

Exactly. The Silks for the "promoted" clubs and SPFL would be pretty negligent if when they spoke, it sounded positive for our case :lol: 

John Rambo
13 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Not sure if this has been posted on here already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53220834

Ending the French Ligue 1 season early was a "massive error" and one that showed "an obvious lack of leadership", says Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas.

I posted a longer extract earlier as a distraction from the 'case'!

Famous 1874
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

The argument is that they would form an independent and ‘confidential’ panel.

They can’t be serious 😂😂😂 they are never ever independent. No doubt will be asking Peter Lawell to chair it 

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

The argument is that they would form an independent and ‘confidential’ panel.

And who would pick this panel? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )