SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Will our QC even be heard today if the SPFL one waffles on the rest of the afternoon to waste more time?

Looks like we will be tomorrow 2pm or Friday. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just managed to get on this.

Anyone got the link handy to save me trawling back through the pages, Ta

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If these spanners vote to give spfl powers to stop relegation/promotion in future covid situations today it should immediately be brought to judges attention - case over

The fact that they are even considering it after voting against it should show him the kind of selfish lowlife that is involved here .

The DU QC argued promotion/relegation are the meat and bones of football so surely this can't happen...

11 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Mclaren turning down the Dundee United job. Maybe because they are gonna be in the championship? 

Oh dear. One of their plebs had updated their wiki site on Monday saying he was their manager 🤣👏

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The motions before the court today were that the case go to arbitration (DU/Raith/Cove) and the the case be sisted (SPFL), hence it is those parties who will speak first.

Hearts/PT substantive claim is not up for discussion today.

Sorry FF, is "sisted" a mistype for "listed" and what does it mean in either case? (Apologies if covered earlier).

4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Just managed to get on this.

Anyone got the link handy to save me trawling back through the pages, Ta

Heartsmad1874

Unlimited minutes for me but dunno if i can be arsed tuning back in to listen to more waffling.

D8857CC3-8FF5-4C1F-9A32-4B7F2A2CC603.jpeg

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry FF, is "sisted" a mistype for "listed" and what does it mean in either case? (Apologies if covered earlier).

A sisted case is suspended basically.

Suspended for action or remedy usually. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Sisted is just a legal term for proceedings suspended.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
12 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Would I be correct in thinking that being last to address the court is beneficial to us in that a) our legal team can assess the case being put forward by the defendant QCs and amend our own before we address the court and b) whilst the judge should be impartial, its a human trait that the last person to be heard most likely gets their views considered more strongly.

Or am I just clutching at straws.

DUFC etc/SPFL will probably have a right of reply for the arbitration/sist applications; supposed to be limited to answering any matters Hearts/PT raise that aren't covered by their initial oral submissions but just means , if they exercise a right of reply, they would technically have the last word

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Hungry hippo
Just now, Francis Albert said:

*fisted

PS sisted is correct and I'm sure FF will explain.

Sounds very slippery.    Essentially the SPFL's strategy has been supplemented and taken over by the promoted clubs' argument.    Which makes one wonder if the emergence of the promoted clubs' case was actually an ochestrated manoeuvre all along.    That the SPFL are fighting this by proxy.

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Sounds very slippery.    Essentially the SPFL's strategy has been supplemented and taken over by the promoted clubs' argument.    Which makes one wonder if the emergence of the promoted clubs' case was actually an ochestrated manoeuvre all along.    That the SPFL are fighting this by proxy.

Yes, hence the comments earlier from the SPFL that the case was not being done together as there are differences in the legal aspect from each view.

Seems the “dont do harm to us” while sorting this mess out is being used with the notion that by doing that the SPFL get the desired outcome of this going to arbitration.

Might work.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers. Thought there was an audio stream ?

Seems it's phone only then ?

Thanks though 🙂

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A sisted case is suspended basically.

Suspended for action or remedy usually. 

Thanks to you and others for the response. Apparently it is a word specific to Scottish law which would explain why it was new to me.

PS the word doesn't even appear in my large English dictionary.

Reminds me in reverse of when I caused confusion and amusement in a meeting down here by using the word "outwith". Like Brits and Yanks, Sots and English are sometimes divided by a common language

Edited by Francis Albert

Sooperstar
Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Back on now

Hearts/Partick case shouldnt be longer than 30-45 mins he says

That was the SPFL QC who said he would take that time.

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Back on now

Hearts/Partick case shouldnt be longer than 30-45 mins he says

That was the SPFL case

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

That was the SPFL case

A good Celtic name overseeing that! 🤣 🙄

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Sist" is a legal term which means to suspend (In this case it means while other options for resolution are sought)

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The DU QC argued promotion/relegation are the meat and bones of football so surely this can't happen...

They are only saying thaty just now to try and win their case. It will be different after this is over, you watch.

Riccarton3
10 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Surely the SPFL QC Moynihan cant have too much that's not already been covered

Good one

weegie jambo
48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The motions before the court today were that the case go to arbitration (DU/Raith/Cove) and the the case be sisted (SPFL), hence it is those parties who will speak first.

Hearts/PT substantive claim is not up for discussion today.

Excuse my ignorance again but it would seem unfair, as it is our case, for DU & SPFL to get their case in first and build up a head of steam before we get to put our case (and the primary reason for a hearing). Is this a normal precedent? and do you think it is advantageous to put our claim last thereby hopefully destroying the counter arguments and hopefully giving them no chance to come back in?

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Rods said:

It looks as though our best option now is compensation.

That’s all it ever was.

Doesn't sound like they've been on top much. Need to hold tight in the 2nd half, hope the ref doesn't screw us, soak up any pressure they can muster and hit them on the counter. 

'Mon the JTs! 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Atleast wait until you’ve heard our QC, FFS.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Excuse my ignorance again but it would seem unfair, as it is our case, for DU & SPFL to get their case in first and build up a head of steam before we get to put our case (and the primary reason for a hearing). Is this a normal precedent? and do you think it is advantageous to put our claim last thereby hopefully destroying the counter arguments and hopefully giving them no chance to come back in?

What is being heard today though is their applications, and yes its normally how things work procedurally. If we get to a final hearing, we go first, but today the court is hearing DUFC et ors and SPFL's interlocutory applications so they make their oral submissions first

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

33 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

So, they have no positive thing to say about arbitration, no suggestion of how a compromise could be reached or imagined. Just a mantra that it is the route as per rules. It offers no belief that arbitration will succeed

This is all new to me too - but it seems to me the QC is making it very plain Hearts must go to arbitration as it's set out as being a member of the SPFL & the SFA. 

As I said earlier on the thread , it seems very odd to me that DUFC are saying Hearts should go to arbitration - I'd have thought the SPFL would be making that case. 

Hopefully your last point will be clarified when Hearts get up to speak. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Why what have you heard to come to that ..

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Care to tell us what was said by the Dundee Utd QC to make you think that?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Surely if they decide they can't afford our compensation, they'll be straight back to reconstruction talks again though?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )