SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I have a feeling the football doors will be shutting very soon I.e before Saturday 

I can’t see it but there's always a risk. As long as Hearts can’t train or play it will be fine for everyone else. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

47 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I have a feeling the football doors will be shutting very soon I.e before Saturday 

The view from England 

49 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

And if it doesn’t restart by the end of January Doncaster voids this season. No promotion for us and no title for Rangers. Peter Lawell sits in his secret lair cackling that his dastardly plan has worked. 

Rangers have completed half their games. Should be enough to give them the title. 

Celtic fans starting to talk about 75%. But there's no rule. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers have completed half their games. Should be enough to give them the title. 

I would laugh at this, too scared to though.

In case something happens to our club again.

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And if it doesn’t restart by the end of January Doncaster voids this season. No promotion for us and no title for Rangers. Peter Lawell sits in his secret lair cackling that his dastardly plan has worked. 

Dundee United got promoted.

That must indicate we have some hope.

14 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Dundee United got promoted.

That must indicate we have some hope.

The difference between a called league and a void league. Anyway my hypothesis is purely mischief making. It would never happen.  

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Tazio said:

The difference between a called league and a void league. Anyway my hypothesis is purely mischief making. It would never happen.  

I need to read the posts properly.

I am too scared to make a proper comment though.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Great. Precedent has been set last season so let's go with that ie pts per game (so NO chance of Celtic winning the league) and NO CHANCE of voiding - I'm sure AB will have lawyers looking at this if it happens given the SPFL and the (de facto, the SFA) said it couldn't happen for all kinds of reasons - in court. 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

75%, what a shocker. I wonder why it's not 80% 🤔

Doctor FinnBarr
On 22/12/2020 at 11:53, Mikey1874 said:

The Newcastle players have been named now too. 

Got a mate with NU who's been isolating for 14 days after testing positive, when I say with NU I mean he's a joiner based at their training place, tested every third day at work?????? I had one test and that was plenty thanks very much.

Surely they couldn't void the season if it came to it??

Wasn't that an argument they gave last season that they'd have to hand back all the sky tv money so couldn't void - surely the clubs wouldn't vote for that!

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, kc1874 said:

Wasn't that an argument they gave last season that they'd have to hand back all the sky tv money so couldn't void - surely the clubs wouldn't vote for that!

not a chance. 

Corstorphine Jambo

Of course they had to start the season for the Championship in order play the Cup final to give Celtic their chance at another treble. 
Now that’s taken care of, I can’t see them being too upset at putting a halt to it.

Paranoid? Maybe, but after what went on last season, I wouldn’t put anything past the SFA and their puppet masters.

1 hour ago, kc1874 said:

It’ll all depend on what Peter decides.   The votes to end the season and on reconstruction convinced me that most teams are run by self interested cretins.  The Sky money will influence most and I think that money will talk.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

It’ll all depend on what Peter decides.   The votes to end the season and on reconstruction convinced me that most teams are run by self interested cretins.  The Sky money will influence most and I think that money will talk.

Celtic benefit overall from Rangers winning the league. 

Martin O'Neill explained that quite well on Sunday. 

All Championship clubs are getting £500000 each to help them do what they do and that is be a football club and to be a football club you have to play football. If all the £500000 has to be spent on testing players then so be it. If they finish the season early, then those clubs do not need that money and should have to hand it back.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

What did he say ?

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That would be the same Martin O’Neill that said Andy Webster elbowed himself in the face. Never once queried by the media.

11 minutes ago, Rods said:

The season will finish. 

If teams can’t field a team they will simply lose the game 3-0. 

What if both teams default?

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What if both teams default?

They are both punished with a 3 - 0 defeat. Seems illogical but what is logical about Scottish football. They are getting £500000 each to run a football club and as I have said already that means putting a football team on the pitch. That should be the criteria for getting the money. 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Martin O’Neill has previous convictions for spouting absolute pish.

If/when The Rangers win the league it will be Armageddon for Lennon and Lawell. The manky Brigade will be beside themselves in their self entitled rage.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If/when The Rangers win the league it will be Armageddon for Lennon and Lawell. The manky Brigade will be beside themselves in their self entitled rage.

Without sounding like a rangers fan without the bus fare as they say.....I can’t wait to see what happens when rangers hopefully win the league as the green brigade will go nuts and will make new banners to display outside parkhead demanding everyone to the cleaners leave 

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

Without sounding like a rangers fan without the bus fare as they say.....I can’t wait to see what happens when rangers hopefully win the league as the green brigade will go nuts and will make new banners to display outside parkhead demanding everyone to the cleaners leave 

Aah ! Your fatal flaw there is the word "cleaners". These are the Mhanks you're talking about after all.

kingantti1874

The season won’t be cancelled, put simply - teams really can’t afford it this time.. sky won’t pay up unless they get their produce.. 

and if they tried it.. this time they wouldn’t be facing little old hearts.. 

the huns would riot, burn the whole thing to the ground.. and rightly so

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

a draw. But unlikely unless they did it at exactly the same time 

They may default over several fixtures but you don’t want to incentivise teams holding off defaulting first. I’m sure the spfl will come up with an equitable solution and process. 🥴

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The season won’t be cancelled, put simply - teams really can’t afford it this time.. sky won’t pay up unless they get their produce.. 

and if they tried it.. this time they wouldn’t be facing little old hearts.. 

the huns would riot, burn the whole thing to the ground.. and rightly so

The risk is they void the lower leagues but allow the premiership to continue. 

38 minutes ago, Deevers said:

But is there anything much of merit in Celtic's 9 in a row teams?

The Celtic teams that went toe to toe with big spending Rangers including when Martin O'Neill was manager have much better reputations. 

Celtic have gone backwards without a strong Rangers to push them. 

41 minutes ago, theshed said:

This is where I am at, I feel dirty wanting the blue cheek to win the league. 

9*in a row was meaningless as they had no competition and won the league by 15-20 points every season. They were assisted by refs and compliance officers the whole time.

10 in a row would have went down in the record books though and they would have celebrated it until the end of time. 

Schadenfreude?? You better believe it!

ABC

Edited by Longbaws

5 hours ago, David Black said:

All Championship clubs are getting £500000 each to help them do what they do and that is be a football club and to be a football club you have to play football. If all the £500000 has to be spent on testing players then so be it. If they finish the season early, then those clubs do not need that money and should have to hand it back.

Hearts get more from the grant than StMirren made in prize money last year.......brilliant!

We then get another £210k when we win the league!

Sweet!

Doctor FinnBarr
46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The risk is they void the lower leagues but allow the premiership to continue. 

This is my fear at the moment Dave because this pandemic ain't going anywhere soon.

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You actually understood what O'Neil was slavering about 😲

17 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

This is my fear at the moment Dave because this pandemic ain't going anywhere soon.

Start fundraising for another legal challenge!

11 hours ago, kc1874 said:

19/20 - consequences of voiding the season :

"it would be as though the season never happened"

SPFL sponsors would have to be repaid - no prize money to clubs (that's why the cup final HAD to be played to a conclusion, no matter what/when). 

I'm presuming that TV cash would have to be repaid ( I don't recall what the actual advice was for 19/20)

Clubs would be at risk of having to pay ST  cash back (and presumably be at risk of having to repay their own sponsors' money back).

SPFL was also at pains to point out there would potentially be no Champs League spot because the SPFL had no champions to put forward. 

Gorgie Boot boy
26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

19/20 - consequences of voiding the season :

"it would be as though the season never happened"

SPFL sponsors would have to be repaid - no prize money to clubs (that's why the cup final HAD to be played to a conclusion, no matter what/when). 

I'm presuming that TV cash would have to be repaid ( I don't recall what the actual advice was for 19/20)

Clubs would be at risk of having to pay ST  cash back (and presumably be at risk of having to repay their own sponsors' money back).

SPFL was also at pains to point out there would potentially be no Champs League spot because the SPFL had no champions to put forward. 

This is beautiful.

On 24/12/2020 at 18:10, The Treasurer said:

You actually understood what O'Neil was slavering about 😲

He was like an old drunk, started to answer then forgot what he was talking about.

My Tim mate, told me a few weeks ago that Saint Martin is waiting in the wings should they decide to punt Lennon.

No worries there, then :lol:

Gorgie Boot boy
29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

He was like an old drunk, started to answer then forgot what he was talking about.

My Tim mate, told me a few weeks ago that Saint Martin is waiting in the wings should they decide to punt Lennon.

No worries there, then :lol:

Every time i heard him talk about Hearts i sort of liked him.

I soon remembered he is part of that scum.

Weird feeling.

Footballfirst

The 3-0 defeats awarded against Kilmarnock and St Mirren have been put on hold, pending appeals,

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The 3-0 defeats awarded against Kilmarnock and St Mirren have been put on hold, pending appeals,

Motherwell end up third bottom..pity

Does anybody know what these alternative season ticket value vouchers are? I've not cancelled my season ticket and I watch every home game online. Hearts ain't getting back to me.

I ain't spending them at a cost to Hearts, just wanna know if I can bin them.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Does anybody know what these alternative season ticket value vouchers are? I've not cancelled my season ticket and I watch every home game online. Hearts ain't getting back to me.

I ain't spending them at a cost to Hearts, just wanna know if I can bin them.

Cheers.

You’ve not cancelled your season ticket so you won’t be getting any vouchers.

4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

You’ve not cancelled your season ticket so you won’t be getting any vouchers.

Sitting here with £250 worth in my hand! I thought it was for cancellations, I'll just bin them.

Cheers.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

What would the appeals be based on ?

Footballfirst
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What would the appeals be based on ?

No provision in the rules for the award of specific results, unfair prejudice (why just St Mirren & Killie picked out), excessive severity?  I assume that the SFA will hear the appeals in the first place and if not it will be arbitration.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )