SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not about whether we can or can not do it.. it’s whether should do it.!!

if there is a risk that someone may get sick and die Becuase someone wanted to watch a game of football then it’s not worth it.

Absolutely 100%

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Are we allowed to ask where is your proof ?

Reality is you are safer at the match following all the protocols than going to an shopping centre like the Gyle but that does not suit your narrative on this topic

reality isn’t why you say it’s what the evidence and science tells us. Can you direct us to your studies please to inform the debate. Thanks

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's also noticeable no-one - Cormack included - cared about the additional stress put on fans and employees of the three clubs forced to take the financial hit for everyone else.

Correct... the behaviour from these clubs during the summer has probably heightened our emotional senses- but the bleating from anyone in the SPFL and Premier League just makes them look pathetic. They all got what they wanted at the expense of 3 clubs (5 if you include the pyramid). Take your medicine and shut up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

so we should allow the same no matter what the  consequence. That’s bizzare at best.  Would be understandable if they were leading the way in evidence informed decision making that doesn’t cost lives. 

have you read the stuff yet and made  an informed decision or are you now basing your argument on your politics and England can?

It's become clear there is a certain type of person who just wants Scotland to do what England does, whether it's better for us or not. It's like devolution never happened for them.

2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Plus remember with starting the season later we got more in furlough payments along with the increased FOH pledges so maybewe should maybe be sending a thank you card to Doncaster 😀

😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂❤❤❤❤❤❤

One of the best posts I've seen in years.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Or there is a certain type of person who will do anything to be seen not to follow a decision made in England whether it's better for us or not...its like Independence was successful at the ballot box

I don’t support independence, and I don’t think following U.K. government stance would be clever. 

we all miss football, another few months won’t make any difference 

2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Plus remember with starting the season later we got more in furlough payments along with the increased FOH pledges so maybewe should maybe be sending a thank you card to Doncaster 😀

Not much furlough. We started training early

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Health is devolved so it's nothing to do with independence.

Of all the countries to follow in terms of their handling of COVID, England would be very far down most people's lists, including people in England.

As would Scotland....I know you don't like it but you can't pretend otherwise

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

As would Scotland....I know you don't like it but you can't pretend otherwise

Even more reason not to let fans back in then?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Story about the money has been getting updated all day.

More info

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55254701

This quote is important:

"We had to look at which sports would be able to support a loan. In the Premiership, in particular, there is significant income streams continuing to flow."

It's reasonable for the gov to expect the SPFL/SFA to come up with a plan to distribute income coming in to the clubs that need it most.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The NI Executive is allowing 500 fans again at Irish League matches. It isn't just England.

Scotland has been allowing fans in for weeks too @Geoff Kilpatrick only in tier 1 areas so Dingwall  Inverness and Elgin so far. Dumfries and Stranraer will be next I think.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Scotland has been allowing fans in for weeks too @Geoff Kilpatrick only in tier 1 areas so Dingwall  Inverness and Elgin so far. Dumfries and Stranraer will be next I think.

Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders next according to that BBC article.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This quote is important:

"We had to look at which sports would be able to support a loan. In the Premiership, in particular, there is significant income streams continuing to flow."

It's reasonable for the gov to expect the SPFL/SFA to come up with a plan to distribute income coming in to the clubs that need it most.

Not a party political point but giving money(even a loan) to the likes of Dundee United with their 133 percent wages to turnover ratio leaves a bad taste. Lower league clubs fine maybe thats why the Scottish Government has made it grants to them and loans to the "elite" (scum in my book) of the premiership.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More info

Livingston chief executive John Ward added: "I'd have been far more open to grants but by the same token football is being allowed to function just now."

And Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes remarked: "It seems like a lot of money but when you spread that out over everybody that has got a case for it and who is going to be in need of it... I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it is not going to go the full way for us. We have still got loads to do."

Football really does come across like a sport for arseholes sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Not a party political point but giving money(even a loan) to the likes of Dundee United with their 133 percent wages to turnover ratio leaves a bad taste. Lower league clubs fine maybe thats why the Scottish Government has made it grants to them and loans to the "elite" (scum in my book) of the premiership.

Yes. Probable a factor that was considered.

That's why it's a loan.

Same reason Premiership in England was reluctant to give a load of money to the English Championship.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Livingston chief executive John Ward added: "I'd have been far more open to grants but by the same token football is being allowed to function just now."

And Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes remarked: "It seems like a lot of money but when you spread that out over everybody that has got a case for it and who is going to be in need of it... I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it is not going to go the full way for us. We have still got loads to do."

Football really does come across like a sport for arseholes sometimes. 

Earlier today the article just had a longer comment from Jim Goodwin.

And he was very supportive of what the Government has done in giving grants to the lower leagues.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Earlier today the article just had a longer comment from Jim Goodwin.

And he was very supportive of what the Government has done in giving grants to the lower leagues.

Yes I saw that 👍🏻

Maybe he thinks it will roll over into next season when his club are hopefully lower league. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And you just know the SPFL are going to be utter dicks about how these grants are distributed. 

They might try but they can't give loans to premiership clubs and not give anything at all to Hearts. How would that look? Basically every club in Scotland receives some of the funds except Hearts? 

They'll have to give us our share knowing we don't have to pay it back and it will annoy them tremendously 🤣

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Cheers. Wasn't aware of that.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cheers. Wasn't aware of that.

Yes, as of tomorrow the clubs in Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders will be allowed restricted numbers, subject to the protocols being followed.  That will cover QOTS, Stranraer and Annan as well as Lowland League sides such as Gala Fairydean Rovers, Dalbeattie and Gretna.

The Highlands based sides including Ross County ICT and Elgin, plus half the Highland League sides can already admit fans.

There is a pathway to allow fans to be admitted, and that is the get the local authority area down to Level 1.  ND & DC however want the pathway opened at higher levels. I can't see that happening before there is a wider distribution of a vaccine and/or case numbers and deaths fall considerably. 

Guest ToqueJambo

The other thing that could be a consideration for the gov, and one that Doncaster and co seem to be ignoring, is that OF fans have a reputation for going to great lengths to get into games they shouldn't be trying to get into. There are always loads of fans without tickets trying to get into their European game for whatever. 

If football is opened up to all clubs, could OF fans be trusted not to travel to try to somehow get into other grounds and end up causing problems in pubs or on public transport and creating large gatherings outside grounds wherever they play?

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

This quote is important:

You were doing fine until you used the P word

52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes, as of tomorrow the clubs in Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders will be allowed restricted numbers, subject to the protocols being followed.  That will cover QOTS, Stranraer and Annan as well as Lowland League sides such as Gala Fairydean Rovers, Dalbeattie and Gretna.

The Highlands based sides including Ross County ICT and Elgin, plus half the Highland League sides can already admit fans.

There is a pathway to allow fans to be admitted, and that is the get the local authority area down to Level 1.  ND & DC however want the pathway opened at higher levels. I can't see that happening before there is a wider distribution of a vaccine and/or case numbers and deaths fall considerably. 

There is no pathway so why try to invent one  ?

Lets see it if you can produce it

The Scottish government won't even speak to those in charge

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

More info

Seriously the SG, pull the funding and offer now.

Further discussions on the detail of the distribution will take place later, with Scottish FA president Rod Petrie saying his organisation "eagerly await details of the conditions" attached.

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well the Scottish Government are speaking to someone. Maybe its the SFA or the Joint Response Group. Depends what and who is meant. But the Scottish Government is speaking to Scottish football every week. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Says who?

Not speaking at all, and I'll include all forms of communication, seems far fetched.

Guest ToqueJambo

Hasn't Jason Leitch been on Off the Ball almost every week?

Scottish football has been given more than a fair hearing and has been well aware of the government's plans for football all along the way. The likes of Doncaster and Cormack are choosing not to listen.

So if we were to follow the English system that should give Hearts around 700 capacity based on Spurs being allowed 2000 in a 60k stadium. To me a percentage based number is fairer than a set number for everyone. Annoyingly this means bigger numbers for the OF and a lot less for some others. 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Or there is a certain type of person who will do anything to be seen not to follow a decision made in England whether it's better for us or not...its like Independence was successful at the ballot box

What a state you've gotten yourself in. 

27 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I am as big a Union Jack waving Brit Nat as anyone but you cannot be criticising Sturgeon for not having an open dialogue with the likes of Doncaster and Petrie, surely. 

We are lucky she hasn’t made a statement kicking the whole idea of crowds into next season after those Celtic inbreds put on their wee show last week. 

30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

do you ever speak in actual facts because none of your posts represent reality, there is a pathway and how do you know who the government is talking too,

any feedback on the evidence , guides etc, you still reading?

4 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

do you ever speak in actual facts because none of your posts represent reality, there is a pathway and how do you know who the government is talking too,

any feedback on the evidence , guides etc, you still reading?

Pathway was put on above

42 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Total bull pushed on you by Chris McLaughlin and Aberdeen( how they laughed when it was us being hammered) The Scottish FA set up a JRG remember? The heroic Leanne Dempster joined this with some fanfare. We have not heard a peep from them about fans back in Stadiums. What are they doing where is their statements. Your hatred for the SNP clouds your judgement. 

Edited by Rods

The SFA set up a group to get fans back in the stadium. They have done nothing apart from follow the same pattern as the shutdown. This time they have different targets but it’s the same tune. 

Anne Budge = David Cormack 

The Goverment = Hearts/Partick

The governing bodies are only good at blaming. We have seen that in the flesh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Overall, certainly the lack of power and influence of the people at the SFA and SPFL has been exposed.

I'm no SNP fan these days but I'm sure they know a tinpot organisation run by an old boy's network when they see one, and that's very much what the SPFL and SFA is.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm no SNP fan these days but I'm sure they know a tinpot organisation run by an old boy's network when they see one, and that's very much what the SPFL and SFA is.

On Sportsound 2 weeks ago when Doncaster and Cormack were moaning, Hearts Chief Executive Andrew McKinlay had just been speaking to the Scottish Government and made the point that he has that contact. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )