SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

13 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

BMJ

“the social practices of face-covering cannot be relied entirely upon and are not as effective as medical masking. Cloth masks and dupattas do not form the three layers recommended for masking and do not necessarily seal the mouth and nose areas to avoid the spread of droplets. Cloth facemasks are not subject to regulation and vary widely in layer number, size, and quality.”

As I said in my opinion unless you set a minimum standard then although most people mean well by wearing them they are actually having next to no effect. 

Not true. 

All face coverings help, some more than others. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would happily be infected with COVID-19 and take the risk of having little or no symptoms, mild to moderate illness, serious illness, or death. Or are some people just prepared to take the gamble that they won’t become infected at all?

The ones who are  fixating on the death rate are refusing to acknowledge the effects of "long Covid".  For them,  it seems it's just a case of getting through this & sucking up the minute increase in the death rate for a while (not THEIR deaths, obviously) . Of course, they also are refusing to acknowledge there is no evidence of any immunity post infection so you could be infected multiple times. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would happily be infected with COVID-19 and take the risk of having little or no symptoms, mild to moderate illness, serious illness, or death. Or are some people just prepared to take the gamble that they won’t become infected at all?

This is it for me. A lot of people are gambling. The worst seem to be some people in their 20s and some old folk. The former think they're low risk of anything serious even if they get it (they ignore the long covid thing) and the latter think they've "had a good run" and are happy to take their chances. Neither group seem willing to follow some really basic guidelines any toddler can understand. You can file them all under "selfish pricks".

I see willfully not following guidelines and then, for example, going to visit your gran, as being no different to drunk driving. You are knowingly acting in a way that could hurt or kill someone else. I do wonder if we might see number of law suits in the next few years where someone organised a gathering for example, deliberately going against public health orders, and was fined at the time but as a result of it someone died, and their family sues them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The ones who are  fixating on the death rate are refusing to acknowledge the effects of "long Covid".  For them,  it seems it's just a case of getting through this & sucking up the minute increase in the death rate for a while (not THEIR deaths, obviously) . Of course, they also are refusing to acknowledge there is no evidence of any immunity post infection so you could be infected multiple times. 

I know someone who is suffering from long COVID. A healthy 40 year old female who caught COVID in March and is still suffering the effects of it now. She has said that whilst she didn’t die she feels like she has been given a COVID life sentence and her life has changed dramatically for the worse.  She anticipates receiving treatment for it for a considerable time.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I know someone who is suffering from long COVID. A healthy 40 year old female who caught COVID in March and is still suffering the effects of it now. She has said that whilst she didn’t die she feels like she has been given a COVID life sentence and her life has changed dramatically for the worse.  She anticipates receiving treatment for it for a considerable time.

I feel for your friend.

My best mate started shielding in Feb, long before lockdown and managed to contract it. He is suffering from COPD and a few other ailments and was terrified of getting it. In the end , it hardly affected him and he was back on his feet in 2 weeks. 

The impact on the NHS of long Covid in my experience is horrendous. Six month wait for ECG, 16 week wait for a scan - not a single private clinic within 50 miles have any capacity because it's all taken up by huge demand for Covid patients. 

Great to see fans starting to get back to games down South, even if in small numbers.

As we are all very well informed of the transmission risks and possible consequences of the virus I believe as Adults we should not be restricted in what we can and cannot do, let us make our own decisions as to whether we wish to “risk” going to the Pub, non-essential shops or the football.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Great to see fans starting to get back to games down South, even if in small numbers.

As we are all very well informed of the transmission risks and possible consequences of the virus I believe as Adults we should not be restricted in what we can and cannot do, let us make our own decisions as to whether we wish to “risk” going to the Pub, non-essential shops or the football.

Apparently those Celtic fans rioting are also "adults"

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Apparently those Celtic fans rioting are also "adults"

Well hopefully they chose to Riot in a Covid safe manner observing Hands, Face, Space 

I especially hope that they were wearing good quality Face Coverings.

3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

At least 2 Hobbits have outed themselves on this thread. Did you see them children?

Yes, I immediately put on my biohazard suit but, it's probably a waste of time in the long term because there is no vaccine that works effectively.  Drastic surgery, I.e. amputation is the only answer.

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Every Hibs fan I know said it was unfair. If he thought it was unfair he could have said it was unfair while still saying sympathy would be in short supply. Sounds like he thought it was fine.

Agree. Hibs, the club, CLEARLY thought it was fine and fair... the fact that they were happy to lose 100s of thousands of pounds and a European spot to make sure there were demotions, must prove this!?

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doncaster at it again

EozFc4-XYAA6EmQ.jpg

Funnily enough, Doncaster's puppet master has gone awfully quiet on this issue recently.

Do they not get it? Do they not think the Scottish Government watches the news and sees hundreds of celtic fans rioting outside?

Celtic ruined last season in their haste to win yet another tainted title and they are now responsible more than anyone else for stopping the reintroduction of fans into Scottish football grounds this season.

I apprecite there are not many clubs in Tier 1 areas but these should be where fans are allowed back in, and then possible look to Tier 2 as well.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Funnily enough, Doncaster's puppet master has gone awfully quiet on this issue recently.

Do they not get it? Do they not think the Scottish Government watches the news and sees hundreds of celtic fans rioting outside?

Celtic ruined last season in their haste to win yet another tainted title and they are now responsible more than anyone else for stopping the reintroduction of fans into Scottish football grounds this season.

I apprecite there are not many clubs in Tier 1 areas but these should be where fans are allowed back in, and then possible look to Tier 2 as well.

He hasn't had the courage, or permission from his puppet master, to publicly point out that the recent trouble outside Parkhead has had to have had a negative effect on the SG thinking about football fans.

Celtic fans have knackered it for all the clubs.

24 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doncaster at it again

EozFc4-XYAA6EmQ.jpg

He also said that all clubs fastidiously follow the Covid rules.

Fast forward 72 hours........... 

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, David Black said:

On the subject of Doncaster, has the TV monies been paid out yet, or is it still under investigation.

The accounts are not right and the auditors could be ready to approve shortly, but it is more likely March 2021, so thats a year after the vote, some clubs are running on fumes but despite that cant realy come out and say, or it will look so bad for all concerned, especialy those clubs on the board

28 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doncaster at it again

EozFc4-XYAA6EmQ.jpg

There's the use of that phrase they didn't believe existed back in April "how can it be fair". 

As for the last paragraph, as Mr Wolfe states in Pulp Fiction - "let's not start sucking each others d***s quite yet gentlemen" - and wait to see if there is a pre Xmas spike in areas that allowed fans back in. 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This has nothing to do with Celtic fans and everything to do with the two faced FM and her health side kick who make things up as they go to suit them..not the public but them

People are now questioning her and the decision re Edinburgh has met with a very negative reaction....she has no more kudos in the bank and slowly her stature (not that it was much anyway) is being diminished.....her husband is also under scrutiny as he should be and her actions are now being exposed.

She has already lost INDY2 by her actions and the party knows it.

Shed?

1 hour ago, David Black said:

On the subject of Doncaster, has the TV monies been paid out yet, or is it still under investigation.

Wasn't it the issue of TV money being released to clubs that was central to the need to call the league?

20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This has nothing to do with Celtic fans and everything to do with the two faced FM and her health side kick who make things up as they go to suit them..not the public but them

People are now questioning her and the decision re Edinburgh has met with a very negative reaction....she has no more kudos in the bank and slowly her stature (not that it was much anyway) is being diminished.....her husband is also under scrutiny as he should be and her actions are now being exposed.

Celtic fans rioting then gathering in large numbers to abuse people could make the Government pause in allowing fans back at games. 

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Wasn't it the issue of TV money being released to clubs that was central to the need to call the league?

It was.

Must have been the installment before the final installment that was paid out the week after the vote. 

Media got it wrong saying 'end of season payments' 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/52317381

Though maybe it was SPFL that said that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL4N2C53EC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8231119/amp/SPFL-advance-1-8m-payments-clubs-end-original-season.html

Edited by Mikey1874

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Scottish Government has been more cautious than England overall.

That's all really. 

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think it was.

It’s all just a cluster **** created by their own doing

Rangers win the league, Doncaster, Lawwell and Lennon will be gone from our game for good imo

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are they actually showing football games in cinemas in Aberdeen?

When I read it, I text my mate who lives there and he wasn't aware of it.

He just moaned about having to drink outside, under a gazebo, freezing his balls off. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He just moaned about having to drink outside, under a gazebo, freezing his balls off. 

So it appears Doncaster is using an argument that doesn’t actually exist.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think St Mirren's £40,000 suspended fine might end up not being suspended.

Misplaced faith in the SFA by St Mirren. Have they learned nothing in the last 6 months?

9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Some of us can only dream about the latter. 

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some of us can only dream about the latter. 

Are you saying you dream about freezing your ball off  !!!   :shocked3:

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Are you saying you dream about freezing your ball off  !!!   :shocked3:

I could tolerate it for an hour or two for a couple of pints. 🍻

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Does he not have a sheep’s wool jacket?

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I could tolerate it for an hour or two for a couple of pints. 🍻

Had a pint of Guinness back in October sitting outside in Aviemore, for some reason the notion of a second one soon wore off 🥶 🥶

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

All cinemas in Aberdeen are currently closed. 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doncaster at it again

EozFc4-XYAA6EmQ.jpg

Best news I've read all day by that logic there is a £250mm bailout coming from the Premier League, not sure Hamilton and St. Mirren are up for that.

In case he hadn't noticed Scotland has adopted a different approach to England - can't have it all ways.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think St Mirren's £40,000 suspended fine might end up not being suspended.

image.png.d21e502cd8cf31e08b17e6b4e46b81f7.png🤣🤣🤣🤣 absolute tools in that club

2 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Cormack acting like a man desperate not to pit his own cash into a distressed club. here's hoping

Whilst you may not like him how can you agree with Sturgeon and co's stance....she and her cohorts are taking Scotland to rack and ruin.

I thought fans would support each other on this point but it seems some are still willing to take the knee..yes mam ,of course mam,anything you say FM...how could you ?

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whilst you may not like him how can you agree with Sturgeon and co's stance....she and her cohorts are taking Scotland to rack and ruin.

I thought fans would support each other on this point but it seems some are still willing to take the knee..yes mam ,of course mam,anything you say FM...how could you ?

Tough choices

Overall, on balance Governments doing the right thing. Saving lives.

Easy to say stuff it. Doubt anyone with access to the information would do differently.

Fans will be back next season. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

because I work in the NHS, I understand the science and the protective measures, I'm not simple enough to think of the game just as 90 minutes inside a stadium. I can see that his is a selfish rant about what's good for him and not the wider public. 

im more interested i supporting families and wider communities and not taking the position that the game and club I love are somehow more important.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tough choices

Overall, on balance Governments doing the right thing. Saving lives.

Easy to say stuff it. Doubt anyone with access to the information would do differently.

Fans will be back next season. 

this, nail on head

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

because I work in the NHS, I understand the science and the protective measures, I'm not simple enough to think of the game just as 90 minutes inside a stadium. I can see that his is a selfish rant about what's good for him and not the wider public. 

im more interested i supporting families and wider communities and not taking the position that the game and club I love are somehow more important.

👍 Thank you for explaining. Surprising that some don't get it.

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Allowing fans back isn’t going to help revenue... at least not until home AND away fans are allowed. That’s not happening until next year at the earliest!

Limited fans getting back will be ST holders who have already paid their money... and it cost clubs revenue to allow this. 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Allowing fans back isn’t going to help revenue... at least not until home AND away fans are allowed. That’s not happening until next year at the earliest!

Limited fans getting back will be ST holders who have already paid their money... and it cost clubs revenue to allow this. 

Good point 

STV Raman just tweeted spectator sports to be given 30mill+ in loans and grants. Premiership clubs to be given money via a loan whilst lower leagues will come via a grant.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )