SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Actually thinking about it, some people (in Greenock and Kilmarnock especially) are raging that pubs can't open despite following all Covid protocols are now raging that their football clubs are disciplined for Covid protocol breaches that their clubs signed up to so as to be able to play.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Jurgen Ross down at the Methodrome is pure ragin that Killie and St Mirren have had points deducted and Motherwell getting six points.

For this reason I am chortling despite feeling like **** with a cold 

His club is well represented on these JRGs that were supposed to guide Scottish football through these unusual times. 

Hibs are as culpable as anyone for not resolving this, and they supported Doncaster and, by default, accepted playing in a league with appalling leadership. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

His club is well represented on these JRGs that were supposed to guide Scottish football through these unusual times. 

Hibs are as culpable as anyone for not resolving this, and they supported Doncaster and, by default, accepted playing in a league with appalling leadership. 

...not only did they just accept, they gave up 100s of 1000s pounds for the pleasure of sucking at the shellick tit... how's that working out for them? Oh yeah, shellick just tramples all over you changing your fixtures without the courtesy of a phone call! 🤣🤣🤣... one day, the penny will drop.

36 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...not only did they just accept, they gave up 100s of 1000s pounds for the pleasure of sucking at the shellick tit... how's that working out for them? Oh yeah, shellick just tramples all over you changing your fixtures without the courtesy of a phone call! 🤣🤣🤣... one day, the penny will drop.

4643d7c9.jpg

SectionDJambo

Strange how Ross thinks that it was “a disappointing day for Scottish football” to make these latest decisions, but he, his club and plenty others, had no problem with what happened to the 3 clubs during the summer.

Scottish football has more than it’s fair share of hypocrites.

Psychedelicropcircle
19 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Jurgen Ross down at the Methodrome is pure ragin that Killie and St Mirren have had points deducted and Motherwell getting six points.

For this reason I am chortling despite feeling like **** with a cold 

Likely trying to keep the paisley door wedged open for when he’s emptied fi ER

On 03/12/2020 at 22:19, CJGJ said:

I ask once more why are fans allowed in England and not in Scotland...the science is the same is it not or do you know something we don't

This is down to our FM not science and that is what is wrong....politicians pretending they are using science but when questioned refusing to answer or making decisions not based on science but to suit themselves.

For some reason you seem to think going to a match would increase the risk and I do not....the same people going to a match will go to work, shops etc etc and as I asked before when outdoor is safer than indoor according to the science why are people allowed to go to shopping centres indoors, by bus for example.

Going to a match would be safer than going shopping which you seem happy to accept for some reason.

Perhaps you can explain the 300 figure allowed at some grounds and the medical background to that figure....none of course it's just a made up figure to make her feel better and to try and show the public she is trying to help but she and her puppet medical assistant refuse to answer when questioned re the science.

Truly I despair at anyone believing she is truly acting under 'science' and not winging it as she feels like or to suit her politics......for example she will do anything to avoid Glasgow and Edinburgh being under a major diff in levels and its nothing to do with science

I have to congratulate you, I don't think even i8 has ever managed to pack as much drivel into as few posts as you've managed over the last couple of pages!

On 03/12/2020 at 22:30, JamboAl1965 said:

How many friggin times. Read the stuff I directed. Why are you assuming they are following the science in England? They haven’t done so far.

It’s clear this is about yer politics. Give it a rest and a thought for those dealing with the consequence of thinking like yours. 

SNP bad, unionists good is the only basis of his demented ranting!

Guest ToqueJambo
On 03/12/2020 at 14:19, CJGJ said:

I ask once more why are fans allowed in England and not in Scotland...the science is the same is it not or do you know something we don't

This is down to our FM not science and that is what is wrong....politicians pretending they are using science but when questioned refusing to answer or making decisions not based on science but to suit themselves.

For some reason you seem to think going to a match would increase the risk and I do not....the same people going to a match will go to work, shops etc etc and as I asked before when outdoor is safer than indoor according to the science why are people allowed to go to shopping centres indoors, by bus for example.

Going to a match would be safer than going shopping which you seem happy to accept for some reason.

Perhaps you can explain the 300 figure allowed at some grounds and the medical background to that figure....none of course it's just a made up figure to make her feel better and to try and show the public she is trying to help but she and her puppet medical assistant refuse to answer when questioned re the science.

Truly I despair at anyone believing she is truly acting under 'science' and not winging it as she feels like or to suit her politics......for example she will do anything to avoid Glasgow and Edinburgh being under a major diff in levels and its nothing to do with science

The short answer is Scotland is in general a few weeks behind England in terms of spread of the virus, just like the UK was behind Italy and Spain, and has also been more cautious in terms of policy-making around its containment. I'd expect us to see fans starting to come back in January all being well.

It also seems to make sense to see what if any spikes there are in England as a result of fans being back before taking action here. I watched the Liverpool game and numerous people were not wearing masks or wearing them wrong and were shouting and bawling for 90 minutes - both things that can spread the virus.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 05/12/2020 at 01:30, manaliveits105 said:

He actually said nobody should be disadvantaged due to the pandemic 

:vrwow:

Yeah, he had no problem with ending the league and still relegating teams like a it was a normal season where everyone has played everyone else home and away - totally going against any sort of sporting integrity.

I like this quote from Ross back in May:

"There have been times in recent years both clubs have found themselves outside the top division for different reasons and I don’t think either club would offer too much sympathy for the other because of the circumstances. So if it pans out we are not in the same league then so be it but I’m sure these games will come around again. Who knows we may still have a Scottish Cup semi-final to look forward to?”

Yes, yes we did.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 05/12/2020 at 09:25, SectionDJambo said:

Strange how Ross thinks that it was “a disappointing day for Scottish football” to make these latest decisions, but he, his club and plenty others, had no problem with what happened to the 3 clubs during the summer.

Scottish football has more than it’s fair share of hypocrites.

How do you he personally had no problem with it? 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The short answer is Scotland is in general a few weeks behind England in terms of spread of the virus, just like the UK was behind Italy and Spain, and has also been more cautious in terms of policy-making around its containment. I'd expect us to see fans starting to come back in January all being well.

It also seems to make sense to see what if any spikes there are in England as a result of fans being back before taking action here. I watched the Liverpool game and numerous people were not wearing masks or wearing them wrong and were shouting and bawling for 90 minutes - both things that can spread the virus.

It’s been the same in every game I’ve watched since the fans were allowed back. Some fans weren’t even seated in the seat designated for them!! The situation isn’t helped by half wit commentators who say “oh we’ve missed the fans” after close ups of people standing less that two metres apart shouting and singing.

To be honest football fans are the last people I’d trust to be allowed to be in one place in significant numbers. Too many half wits.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, he had no problem with ending the league and still relegating teams like a it was a normal season where everyone has played everyone else home and away - totally going against any sort of sporting integrity.

I like this quote from Ross back in May:

"There have been times in recent years both clubs have found themselves outside the top division for different reasons and I don’t think either club would offer too much sympathy for the other because of the circumstances. So if it pans out we are not in the same league then so be it but I’m sure these games will come around again. Who knows we may still have a Scottish Cup semi-final to look forward to?”

Yes, yes we did.

But, happily, only one of us has a Scottish Cup final to look forward to.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It’s been the same in every game I’ve watched since the fans were allowed back. Some fans weren’t even seated in the seat designated for them!! The situation isn’t helped by half wit commentators who say “oh we’ve missed the fans” after close ups of people standing less that two metres apart shouting and singing.

To be honest football fans are the last people I’d trust to be allowed to be in one place in significant numbers. Too many half wits.

That said, it was great watching with real fans back in. Quite happy for the EPL to test it out for us though.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He said so.

He spoke and said the clubs wouldn't feel sympathy with each other, yeah as expected.  I don't think he gave the opinion of us going down was fair in any way. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Last Laff said:

He spoke and said the clubs wouldn't feel sympathy with each other, yeah as expected.  I don't think he gave the opinion of us going down was fair in any way. 

If you think something's unfair you say so. Otherwise you are condoning the unfairness. McInnes said it was unfair. Even people wth strong Hibs connections like John Collins said it was unfair.

Good grief!!!

25 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I have to congratulate you, I don't think even i8 has ever managed to pack as much drivel into as few posts as you've managed over the last couple of pages!

😆👏

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How do you he personally had no problem with it? 

Because, he and plenty others, said nothing to support the desire of those 3 clubs to not be demoted without the season being completed. He, and plenty others, said nothing about the consequences for the employment of ordinary, good, people at the 3 clubs, due to an arbitrary vote which had been shrouded in obvious shenanigans within the SPFL. 
But he’s happy to say that these latest sanctions by the SPFL are unfair.
I’ve always believed that the non action of people can speak much louder than any action they take. 

I don’t expect to use my 20/21 Season Ticket.

As for going to Tynecastle, if it was allowed, then I’d happily go whether it was 1000 or 20000 supporters.

If they actually mass tested for who’s had Covid they’d probably find a large number of us have already had it.

As for Face Coverings I don’t get the fuss, vast majority are serving no purpose: 

“The best available scientific evidence is that, when used correctly, wearing a face covering may reduce the spread of coronavirus droplets in certain circumstances, helping to protect others.”

If they were seriously following the science schools would have been the last thing to reopen.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you think something's unfair you say so. Otherwise you are condoning the unfairness. McInnes said it was unfair. Even people wth strong Hibs connections like John Collins said it was unfair.

And make himself increasingly unpopular with the support of club he manages?  He looks like a deviant but is probably an okay guy who knows how unfair it was.  I would expect similar with Neilson if it was Hibs in our position.

On 04/12/2020 at 17:03, Hashimoto said:

Short answer.

Bucky swigging fitbaw fans simply cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

Nothing to do with politics, despite what some of our more deluded posters would have us believe! 

Sadly I think this covers it. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Because, he and plenty others, said nothing to support the desire of those 3 clubs to not be demoted without the season being completed. He, and plenty others, said nothing about the consequences for the employment of ordinary, good, people at the 3 clubs, due to an arbitrary vote which had been shrouded in obvious shenanigans within the SPFL. 
But he’s happy to say that these latest sanctions by the SPFL are unfair.
I’ve always believed that the non action of people can speak much louder than any action they take. 

The manager of our biggest rivals isn't going to publicly back HMFC.  I wouldn't expect it the other way around either. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

And make himself increasingly unpopular with the support of club he manages?  He looks like a deviant but is probably an okay guy who knows how unfair it was.  I would expect similar with Neilson if it was Hibs in our position.

Every Hibs fan I know said it was unfair. If he thought it was unfair he could have said it was unfair while still saying sympathy would be in short supply. Sounds like he thought it was fine.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

As for going to Tynecastle, if it was allowed, then I’d happily go whether it was 1000 or 20000 supporters.

If they actually mass tested for who’s had Covid they’d probably find a large number of us have already had it.

As for Face Coverings I don’t get the fuss, vast majority are serving no purpose: 

“The best available scientific evidence is that, when used correctly, wearing a face covering may reduce the spread of coronavirus droplets in certain circumstances, helping to protect others.”

If they were seriously following the science schools would have been the last thing to reopen.

They are following the science when it comes to schools. That's why they're open.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Every Hibs fan I know said it was unfair. If he thought it was unfair he could have said it was unfair while still saying sympathy would be in short supply. Sounds like he thought it was fine.

Suppose.  I don't really gie a shite over his thoughts regardless.  More interested if I'll have pepper on my cheese on toast in five mins. 

2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

They’ve always said it’s scientifically informed but judgements still have to be made, on balance.

IMO, if masks reduce risk even slightly it’s worth doing and not a hardship for most, if you give a monkeys about anyone else that is. 
anyway... celtic fans recent antics will have likely put paid to serious fan returns any time soon I suspect 

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Last Laff showing himself up for the utter ***** that he is?

Pleasing. 

You’re the one spouting insults as per usual.   

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Suppose.  I don't really gie a shite over his thoughts regardless.  More interested if I'll have pepper on my cheese on toast in five mins. 

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Last Laff showing himself up for the utter ***** that he is?

Pleasing. 

Now't wrong with wanting a wee bit pepper on yer cheese on toast although mine's about to be popped under the grill and drizzled with Lea & Perrins. Mmmmm ... yummy. 😋

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They are following the science when it comes to schools. That's why they're open.

It’s all about opinions, I don’t agree. 
Children are more likely to have a mild or asymptomatic infection, meaning that the infection may go undetected or undiagnosed. They’re most probably the reason rates were going up even as hospitality etc was being closed.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Now't wrong with wanting a wee bit pepper on yer cheese on toast although mine's about to be popped under the grill and drizzled with Lea & Perrins. Mmmmm ... yummy. 😋

That's exactly what I'm having Michael :lol: 

Bret the Hitman Hearts

spot on

5 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

No evidence so far of immunity after having it.  Just because they haven't caught it again in the months after they had it means nothing.

Face coverings add a layer of protection to others but your opinion seems to suggest, so what?

Schools went back for more than simply Covid health reasons; kids much less likely to have serious health issues (however, when they go home if families aren't following the necessary socialising restrictions, then you have a problem); NHS and other Care staff were struggling with kids off school, kids' education etc. etc.

If anything helped the second wave it was students going back to uni and colleges in October.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

It’s all about opinions, I don’t agree. 
Children are more likely to have a mild or asymptomatic infection, meaning that the infection may go undetected or undiagnosed. They’re most probably the reason rates were going up even as hospitality etc was being closed.

It's not about opinions at all. Until the science says schools should be closed it's about science saying they can stay open.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not about opinions at all. Until the science says schools should be closed it's about science saying they can stay open.

Schools being open has nothing to do with science and everything to do with pragmatism

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Face coverings add a layer of protection to others but your opinion seems to suggest, so what?

No my opinion is that unless you set a minimum standard then although most people mean well by wearing them they are actually having next to no effect. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Science doesn’t say open the Schools and shut the pubs etc.

It tells the Politicians how the virus is spread and if you were to follow it then we would be in full lockdown until the virus was eradicated.

The scientists don’t advise that it can tell the time, that it knows the difference between Grape juice and Wine, that it knows it’s not got a ticket to travel on planes.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Schools being open has nothing to do with science and everything to do with pragmatism

Bit of both isn't it? It definitely;y has to do with the science though 🤣

20 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

No my opinion is that unless you set a minimum standard then although most people mean well by wearing them they are actually having next to no effect. 

Forget any science because that is your opinion and in all the parts of the world where they state the exact opposite.  Eh? 

Those countries that were ready for it and have seen minimal deaths and state categorically that it contributes to lessening you passing it on to someone else, but God forbid that should go against your unsubstantiated statement that it makes next to no difference.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bit of both isn't it? It definitely;y has to do with the science though 🤣

Is that the same science that says you can open a shopping centre, but unless your shop is selling essential items it can't open.  So it's OK for people to go to a shopping centre, and OK for them to go into some shops, but if they go into other shops, they are going to die. It's total bollocks.

Like relaxing rules over Christmas.  Does Covid go on holiday over Christmas?  If you believe the crap you are being fed, then relaxing rules over Christmas is going to kill thousands of people.

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Forget any science because that is your opinion and in all the parts of the world where they state the exact opposite.  Eh? 

Those countries that were ready for it and have seen minimal deaths and state categorically that it contributes to lessening you passing it on to someone else, but God forbid that should go against your unsubstantiated statement that it makes next to no difference.

BMJ

“the social practices of face-covering cannot be relied entirely upon and are not as effective as medical masking. Cloth masks and dupattas do not form the three layers recommended for masking and do not necessarily seal the mouth and nose areas to avoid the spread of droplets. Cloth facemasks are not subject to regulation and vary widely in layer number, size, and quality.”

As I said in my opinion unless you set a minimum standard then although most people mean well by wearing them they are actually having next to no effect. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Is that the same science that says you can open a shopping centre, but unless your shop is selling essential items it can't open.  So it's OK for people to go to a shopping centre, and OK for them to go into some shops, but if they go into other shops, they are going to die. It's total bollocks.

Like relaxing rules over Christmas.  Does Covid go on holiday over Christmas?  If you believe the crap you are being fed, then relaxing rules over Christmas is going to kill thousands of people.

That's more about trying to encourage people to shop for essentials isn't it? Ie reduce the number of unnecessary trips. Obviously defining essentials isn't a science though.

It's not really hard. Reducing contact with other people, washing hands and wearing masks helps reduce the spread. They are all layers of protection. Then there's balancing that with keeping the economy going as much as possible and ensuring kids get education. What's amazed me is the surprising number of people who seem to think education (kids not university) is either a form of child care or something that is optional.

People who need to be told "rules" around xmas or are always looking for loopholes do my head in. It's very clear, just reduce contact with people and follow the guidelines around masks, etc. It's just for one year FFS.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

BMJ

“the social practices of face-covering cannot be relied entirely upon and are not as effective as medical masking. Cloth masks and dupattas do not form the three layers recommended for masking and do not necessarily seal the mouth and nose areas to avoid the spread of droplets. Cloth facemasks are not subject to regulation and vary widely in layer number, size, and quality.”

As I said in my opinion unless you set a minimum standard then although most people mean well by wearing them they are actually having next to no effect. 

It's a layer of protection. No different to a bike helmet or seatbelt. You can still die while wearing those things. And at some point people need to take personal responsibility. When you're over 18 (well 16 in Scotland) you're an adult. You should be able to make adult decisions and do adult things like research the best masks. Christ people spend days researching what video game console to buy or a new pair of shoes or whatever. It's not that difficult to find out which mask works best and get that one.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a layer of protection. No different to a bike helmet or seatbelt. You can still die while wearing those things.

Would you wear a Non-approved Crash Helmet?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Would you wear a Non-approved Crash Helmet?

If regulation hasn't gone through then yes as a layer of safety - I'm pretty sure helmets did not all follow safety standards when people first started wearing them. If masks become an everyday thing long-term (very possible) there may well be regulation of them. As of now, it's very clear what a mask is - it's one layer of protection.

It would be interesting to see how many people would happily be infected with COVID-19 and take the risk of having little or no symptoms, mild to moderate illness, serious illness, or death. Or are some people just prepared to take the gamble that they won’t become infected at all?

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )