SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Asked on sportsound if the arbitration process could be made public dungcaster said it would have to be agreed by all parties which he had no objection.also keeps repeating that they are a members association and the club's decide everything.how the fcks this muppet on 400k for deciding nothing🤷

Possibly me regarding the situation and what’s happened to us but he sounds a right arrogant c@#t how this situation was ever allowed is unbelievable and he’s behind it and not one word in regards us Thistle & Stranraer. Really do hope Hearts the club we the fans make a stand in regards looking after our own f%£k everyone else cos that’s what’s happened here self interest from top to bottom and what we put into the game goes to Hearts no anybody else.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, braveheart said:

Asked on sportsound if the arbitration process could be made public dungcaster said it would have to be agreed by all parties which he had no objection.also keeps repeating that they are a members association and the club's decide everything.how the fcks this muppet on 400k for deciding nothing🤷

He also laid the blame for not being able to extend the season like England at the door of the Scottish Government.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, braveheart said:

Yeah, the clubs did decide - but by one very dodgy vote.

Also, who decided to put ending the league in front of clubs as the ONLY option? That was all on the SPFL board, including several club owners facing relegation themselves if the league didn't end. 

The SPFL could have put reconstruction on the table as the first option, while keeping the league open in case it might be possible to finish it. They basically could have started the discussion with "OK, we can't finish the league. How do we not relegate teams unfairly during a pandemic?" Instead it was very clearly, "How do we avoid null and void (because apparently that's more unfair than relegating teams early)?" That immediately made the discussion 3 teams vs 39 (minus some decent clubs that didn't vote out of pure self interest) because many more teams stood to benefit from ending the league early. US, PT and Stranraer (the forgotten team in this whole thing) never had a chance basically.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He also laid the blame for not being able to extend the season like England at the door of the Scottish Government.

That part was incredible. It's basically lies.

Unknown user
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I still maintain Dundee voted on something completely different in the end after their private discussions. It's the private discussions part that stinks the most.

Dundee will get theirs

Guest ToqueJambo

Can this thread be ritually burned and forgotten about now? I did think for a while sensible minds might prevail but this is Scottish football.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That part was incredible. It's basically lies.

Lies is what he said everyone else told through this episode apart from himself and the SPFL Board.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Lies is what he said everyone else told through this episode apart from himself and the SPFL Board.

He even lies about his lies. At the end of the day contact football has been allowed for a few weeks now. The league start could have been pushed back (as in England) to enable the league to be finished and allow a truncated pre-season. The betfred cup could have been cancelled and the SC cup played to a finish the last few weeks as well to ease fixture congestion.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

I know the club has accepted the decision on our relegation but I'm wondering why we didn't go back to the CoS seeking a fair amount for loss of earnings. Anyone........?

you can’t claim loss of anything if your case fails - the arbitration found SPFL did nothing wrong 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He even lies about his lies. At the end of the day contact football has been allowed for a few weeks now. The league start could have been pushed back (as in England) to enable the league to be finished and allow a truncated pre-season. The betfred cup could have been cancelled and the SC cup played to a finish the last few weeks as well to ease fixture congestion.

The only conceivable argument for not playing on was the cost of testing and he’s not even tried to play that card once. It’s a joke.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only conceivable argument for not playing on was the cost of testing and he’s not even tried to play that card once. It’s a joke.

That excuse was aired at the start. A lot was made of the cost of testing and we've heard nothing more about that so I assume it's not as damaging a cost as was made out. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That excuse was aired at the start. A lot was made of the cost of testing and we've heard nothing more about that so I assume it's not as damaging a cost as was made out. 

It is expensive but the Premiership could almost certainly have funded it. Presumably they’re testing regularly now anyway?

Doncaster is an absolute weapon.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It is expensive but the Premiership could almost certainly have funded it. Presumably they’re testing regularly now anyway?

Doncaster is an absolute weapon.

Doncaster is basically the Scottish football equivalent of Henny-penny and Cocky-locky, constantly telling everyone the sky is falling at the slightest sign of trouble.

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

you can’t claim loss of anything if your case fails - the arbitration found SPFL did nothing wrong 

Already been discussed but thank you anyway.....👍

38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doncaster is basically the Scottish football equivalent of Henny-penny and Cocky-locky, constantly telling everyone the sky is falling at the slightest sign of trouble.

How the rest of the cretins that supposedly run the game here have not worked Doncaster out amazes me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Deevers said:

How the rest of the cretins that supposedly run the game here have not worked Doncaster out amazes me. 

If they were in Hearts or PT's position they would have very different views of him, as would the fans currently proclaiming him to be this genius football administrator. There's basically no sense of collectiveness in the Scottish game. There doesn't even seem to be an OF against the rest thing, which was something at least. It's literally everyone for themselves now.

the general
23 hours ago, braveheart said:

Hopefully some of the details will be leaked

500ClubCraig

The 11th March seen another abject performance when the opportunity was there to get off the bottom of the league.

A Manager who was out of his depth and a squad that had no obvious motivation despite their league position.

A few days later the Government, as was predicted, called a halt to all Sport and then we had lock-down.

For four months very few of us have been questioning the decisions made regarding the Managerial appointment and signings, as all the noise made about reconstruction, Court (what a waste of money) etc etc deflected attention from the garbage that has been on show for months and months.

All the talk on here of other Clubs showing only Self-interest, boycotts, corruption in the SPFL/ SFA has been a great way to avoid addressing the issues that we should have been asking about the problems within the club itself that led to us being bottom of the league.

As for ABs statement ending in talk of Battles  and Wars, give it a rest Woman! The only battles being fought recently were in Hospital ITU where tens of thousands lost and lost far more than a place in a football league.

I was pleased with the signing of RN and then JJ along with CG, I’m starting to look forward to going back when we can.
As for away games, boycott if you want but at the end of the day it will be the fans of those clubs that ultimately suffer if the club they love is damaged by lower income. 

Time to look forward and hopefully see plans getting put in place for the squad, coaches and academy’s. 

David Black
31 minutes ago, Boof said:

Don't believe it.

Not one ****ing word.

You know, I had a date with Angelina Jolie lined up for May 19th in celebration, but she had to cancel here flight due to Covid.  Anyone believing Doncaster is daft enough to believe me. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

The 11th March seen another abject performance when the opportunity was there to get off the bottom of the league.

A Manager who was out of his depth and a squad that had no obvious motivation despite their league position.

A few days later the Government, as was predicted, called a halt to all Sport and then we had lock-down.

For four months very few of us have been questioning the decisions made regarding the Managerial appointment and signings, as all the noise made about reconstruction, Court (what a waste of money) etc etc deflected attention from the garbage that has been on show for months and months.

All the talk on here of other Clubs showing only Self-interest, boycotts, corruption in the SPFL/ SFA has been a great way to avoid addressing the issues that we should have been asking about the problems within the club itself that led to us being bottom of the league.

As for ABs statement ending in talk of Battles  and Wars, give it a rest Woman! The only battles being fought recently were in Hospital ITU where tens of thousands lost and lost far more than a place in a football league.

I was pleased with the signing of RN and then JJ along with CG, I’m starting to look forward to going back when we can.
As for away games, boycott if you want but at the end of the day it will be the fans of those clubs that ultimately suffer if the club they love is damaged by lower income. 

Time to look forward and hopefully see plans getting put in place for the squad, coaches and academy’s. 

Yes, it will be those fans - the same fans delighting in this befalling us. Feck them. Karma is a bitch.

500ClubCraig
30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, it will be those fans - the same fans delighting in this befalling us. Feck them. Karma is a bitch.

As we would have delighted had it been someone else. We were Expensive but pish, they rightly laughed at us, can hardly blame them.

So we don't have a sponsor and whist on the look out for one he comes out in our National broadcaster and tells everyone it's "not attractive commercially". 

That'll have them flocking to give us money. 

When is this prick going to get emptied?? 

I ****ing hate him. Actual hate him. 

4 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

As we would have delighted had it been someone else. We were Expensive but pish, they rightly laughed at us, can hardly blame them.

It wasn’t them, it was us. Why the **** any Hearts fan would take their side is beyond me. We’ll see who has the last laugh and it’ll not be the spangles who backstabbed us. 

I have just had enough of Doncaster and all of his pawns in the media and club chairmen, the hatred and disrespect shown towards our club is appalling, I am trying hard to stay in the game by reading our transfer threads and such but quite frankly this whole debacle has put me right off Scottish football after supporting Hearts for 40 years!

2 hours ago, Homme said:

So we don't have a sponsor and whist on the look out for one he comes out in our National broadcaster and tells everyone it's "not attractive commercially". 

Should be a sackable offence. But he’s getting an easy ride from the SMSM as usual.

tokyowalnut
2 hours ago, Homme said:

I couldnt believe he said that. He should be promoting the league but he talks it down, it was the same when Rangers were being removed from the league. He seemed quite happy with himself that he spoke to a company in MARCH! Ladbrokes announced in August last year they were no longer sponsoring the league. That t**t Richard Gordon gave him an easy ride, he should be getting slaughtered for the lack of sponsorship. Hate the guy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

I couldnt believe he said that. He should be promoting the league but he talks it down, it was the same when Rangers were being removed from the league. He seemed quite happy with himself that he spoke to a company in MARCH! Ladbrokes announced in August last year they were no longer sponsoring the league. That t**t Richard Gordon gave him an easy ride, he should be getting slaughtered for the lack of sponsorship. Hate the guy.

Gordon’s been woeful. If as the SPFL’s chief executive you see no avenue for sponsorship, you really should just resign and end your own humiliation.

In saying that, the SPFL isn’t commercially attractive and hasn’t been for a while. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

:sweeet:

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Gordon’s been woeful. If as the SPFL’s chief executive you see no avenue for sponsorship, you really should just resign and end your own humiliation.

In saying that, the SPFL isn’t commercially attractive and hasn’t been for a while. 

Ive passed objects with more spine than that knobhead Gordon. 

3 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Eh aye ok then. If we had played till the end of the season I can understand clubs having a laugh but any fans who think what happened to us is ok are just accepting the unique way that exists only in Scottish football of finding the worst way of doing things. 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, hmfc1984 said:

Eh aye ok then. If we had played till the end of the season I can understand clubs having a laugh but any fans who think what happened to us is ok are just accepting the unique way that exists only in Scottish football of finding the worst way of doing things. 

Fans of other clubs will laugh at us, fans love laughing at other clubs misfortunes. We would laugh at other clubs misfortunes. But you are right to say that any rival thinking what was done to us is wrong. I think those fans missed the crucial thing that they should be worried about. The SPFL has just created a precident that it is ok to screw over member clubs if the rest say so, no matter how unfair. We are still to see the reason for the ruling in Arbitration but I suspect it will come down to Dundee under company rules were allowed to change their mind from no to yes as they were within the 25 day limit. Doesn't mean it was fair or reasonable what happened to us, Partick or Stranraer, just the rule was not broken.

Rival clubs fans need to realise that if their club is bottom, the SPFL could call a vote calling the season early and vote to have relegation and there is nothing they can do about it. They will be screwed over by the same system they think is justified screwing us over because its Hearts who are getting screwed. I would love to see them try to get sympathy from us if that happens, (would be great if Hearts released a statement if that happened saying just "what goes around, comes around. Take your medicine."

J.T.F.Robertson

Demoted to a league which does not even have the funds to play a complete season. Yet this sleekit arsehole tells all and sundry this was the "fair" and only option.

Gormless, suckholing prick.

I'm over it now though.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Dafty dug say “Time to lay this yin tae rest.”  

79c2cf13acc78c8319bf1de45013116d.gif

Nice gif  - is DD in Castle Street?

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

You know you are right, it's the fans who will suffer if their club dies. The same fans that did nothing, or complain to their club they didn't agree with what they were doing. The same fans that laughed and goaded when all could see the injustice of what was happening. The same fans who for years have supported a club in such small numbers they need away fans cash to stay afloat. SORRY but they can all go F$%K themselves and I hope they reflect on this when it happens. ONLY HEARTS !

16 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Probably petty on my part, but unless we are precluded from promotion by doing so, I'm firmly of the opinion that it should be an emphatic NO to any proposed reconstruction, especially if it is being done to save a Ross County, Hamilton or Hibs.

TBF, iirc players have pretty much always been in favour of recon and backed it when the working group were trying to push it through.

27 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Probably petty on my part, but unless we are precluded from promotion by doing so, I'm firmly of the opinion that it should be an emphatic NO to any proposed reconstruction, especially if it is being done to save a Ross County, Hamilton or Hibs.

Aye, it probably is petty but it's also perfectly understandable.

Personally I'd pay close attention to who votes which way next time around unless circumstances are significantly different and be asking chairmen why they're voting differently.

It would still show we haven't lost our morals, though, if we continued to support it.

24 minutes ago, Boris said:

TBF, iirc players have pretty much always been in favour of recon and backed it when the working group were trying to push it through.

Correct

36 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Pretty much the same here.

All this shit about "now's not the time" was the final straw for me.

I'd go as far to say, if I was AB I wouldn't even bother attending meetings/voting on the matter. 

The vast majority of other clubs made a conscious decision to have Hearts removed from the top flight so any chat about recon next season should be best ignored. I'll happily sit back with a big bucket of popcorn and watch it all with great pleasure. 

On 01/08/2020 at 00:54, graygo said:

It was, it was a sham with incredibly narrow terms of reference but it was published.

Wasn't it?

Actually maybe you are right, all I can see was what donkey and Karyn McCluskey fed the press about it.

Pretty sure it hasn't been published. 

Guess The Crowd
41 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Absolutely correct with the emphatic no, but it’s not being petty at all.

So called ‘reconstruction’ this year, had it gone ahead, was purely because a global pandemic had prevented the season being finished, a totally unprecedented event, which in turn led to a wholly unfair relegation for Hearts. 

The top-flight clubs who voted against it this time but may push for reconstruction in some future ‘normal’ season when it may benefit them, can whistle. They’ve made their beds. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )