SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

16 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

As far as I'm concerned the precedent was set last season. If this leads to the end of the current season we must be named Champions and promoted with Ross County immediately relegated. Rangers win the Prem and Celtic can go sook for their 10 in a row.

Any attempt at reconstruction must result in a no vote from us.

If the worst happens, I want Hearts to be absolutely consistent in their view about how the situation should be dealt with. This season we ask for it to be dealt with in the way we suggested it be dealt last season. We don't take any part in trying to drive that through though.

Either way, we get promoted if we're top of the league if and when the league is called due to precedent or an outbreak of common sense among a majority of other member clubs.

Edited by blairdin

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

16 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

As far as I'm concerned the precedent was set last season. If this leads to the end of the current season we must be named Champions and promoted with Ross County immediately relegated. Rangers win the Prem and Celtic can go sook for their 10 in a row.

Agree in principle, but if reconstruction comes with an amended voting system (even if it means the OF must convince 1 other club to side with them) then its worth voting for. 

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Also re testing - what happens when a number of positive test come back, which is very likely the case if all 10 clubs test? 

There will be a mutual agreement to postpone the Championship IMO

If clubs and their players follow procedures then cases should not spread throughout a club. If a club has multiple cases they should be made to play with whoever's available like Celtic or forfeit the game.

56 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Surely the £500,000 grant will help towards testing? 

THIS THIS THIIIIIIIIS. If championship teams can't afford to test they lose the game 3 0 as they have been given enough money.

48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It does mate.

As much as I despise Celtic, I hope a team of youths would still hold out for a result against Hibs.

A win would be hilarious.

Looks like it’s the youths that have been told to Isolate!

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Also re testing - what happens when a number of positive test come back, which is very likely the case if all 10 clubs test? 

There will be a mutual agreement to postpone the Championship IMO

I don’t think other Championship will be able to afford the testing. EPL clubs have been complaining about the costs involved. What chance do Alloa and Arbroath have?

Niemi’s gloves
40 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Does this mean tomorrows league game is back on?

Surely we can make this happen.

All five championship games scheduled for this mid-week had already been postponed. More likely that they will

be rescheduled for next mid-week which is now free of cup ties. It’s also likely that a complete round of premier and championship games will be brought forward into the January 30 slot (which was scheduled for cup games) in order to create space later on for the cup.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

If clubs and their players follow procedures then cases should not spread throughout a club. If a club has multiple cases they should be made to play with whoever's available like Celtic or forfeit the game.

But they’ve not had testing in place until the point - there’s bound to be a number of players who have, which surely mean at this point full teams will have to isolate.

47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Does this mean tomorrows league game is back on?

Surely we can make this happen.

No delay this game as long as possible. Don't give the Pars a chance to cut the differential. We are in pole position if the league shuts down early. 

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I feel so sorry for Patrick Thistle - they must be feeling really upset 😢 

But the boy at Brechin City will be loving this. Saved again sitting bottom of the heap, having secured just four points from their nine games this season and a goal difference of -19. What a great example of a club. 

Nucky Thompson

Football is in a better situation than back in March when the virus was a total unknown

3 weeks gives them time to get vaccines out and cases down.

Keep calm everyone 

6 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

No delay this game as long as possible. Don't give the Pars a chance to cut the differential. We are in pole position if the league shuts down early. 

We will beat them at tynecastle. We are a football club. Let’s play football. 

How can they cancel all leagues bar the championship and premiership. Its one rule for one and one rule for everyone else. 

I'd be raging if it got cancelled. I think I'm even more pissed off its going to continue. 

I'm not saying null and void but how can it be safe for the game tonight at Celtic for hibs to travel toa known club riddled with covid. 

This is total madness. They are keeping it going because rangers are on a run and the beaks don't want to upset us. 

The entire season needs to be ended NOW. then a resolution for reconstruction mooted. 

The baws burst. The sfa and spfl are a bunch of shitebags

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yup, they must be seething. Falkirk too to an extent.

Shameful stuff. How many of us seen this coming but nothing done to protect the three expelled teams.

Kidd’s Boots

I'd like to see Championship clubs get 2 rounds of testing arranged in jig time before any further games take place. Firstly, they need to demonstrate duty of care to not only players, but every member of staff to identify A-symptomatic carriers in their employ and get them self isolating, and secondly demonstrate to the authorities that this privilege position will be taken more seriously going forward. This is shot across the boughs, don't think there will be a second chance this time.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The way Partick Thistle have been treated is shameful. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

They were the first club I thought of. It’s an absolute disgrace what’s been done to them. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yep,the real shame of Scottish football. 

19 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

All five championship games scheduled for this mid-week had already been postponed. More likely that they will

be rescheduled for next mid-week which is now free of cup ties. It’s also likely that a complete round of premier and championship games will be brought forward into the January 30 slot (which was scheduled for cup games) in order to create space later on for the cup.

Agree with your sentiments, but probably easier to schedule all 5 games due to be played tomorrow evening & utilise the free date all clubs have on Saturday 30th January.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Quite right only fair that the lower league teams suffer for Celtics behaviour that will show them

Ironic but true.

The Oligarchs of Scottish football will only get stronger.....

1 minute ago, Zico said:

They were the first club I thought of. It’s an absolute disgrace what’s been done to them. 

How the hell are Doncaster et al still in post?!?! The media alone should be hounding them out our game. Succulent lamb all round though.

Would cost a championship club around £200.000 to test from now till end of season. The half million grant will more than cover for it!

Just now, johnking123 said:

Would cost a championship club around £200.000 to test from now till end of season. The half million grant will more than cover for it!

Plus James Anderson money remember. You know the stuff their directors probably used for hot tubs and new blazers for their bowling clubs.

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would have to pay bbc Scotland back some tv cash if stopped as well. Not to mention fans wanting season tickets cash back. Might not add up to much but could certainly make cancelling a marginal financial decision. 

Edited by GinRummy

19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wonder what happens to a club if they can't afford the testing - other team given a 3-0 victory?

Surely the Dunfermline game back on tomorrow? If it’s not then yet again more incompetence from the authorities. Hearts should make a statement about it rather then leave it all to the last minute 

League 1 and 2 teams would be able to play in the summer through the beginning of June if need be also. Championship could arguably manage it too if need be. Certainly be manageable prior to the next season starting. Premiership would be questionable given the amount of layers involved internationally at the euros/unfair qualifying starting again I imagine. 

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Bret the Hitman Hearts
43 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

How can they cancel all leagues bar the championship and premiership. Its one rule for one and one rule for everyone else. 

I'd be raging if it got cancelled. I think I'm even more pissed off its going to continue. 

I'm not saying null and void but how can it be safe for the game tonight at Celtic for hibs to travel toa known club riddled with covid. 

This is total madness. They are keeping it going because rangers are on a run and the beaks don't want to upset us. 

The entire season needs to be ended NOW. then a resolution for reconstruction mooted. 

The baws burst. The sfa and spfl are a bunch of shitebags

haha that's a good one - you think they give a **** about us?

And by the way, if the season is ended, the precedent was set last season - Rangers are champs and we are up. Anything else would be (another) scandal

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Nah, **** them.  I want the wee team to leather them.  The way Celtic have acted pales into insignificance any beef I have with Hibs.  

Plus the almost inevitable Hibs collapse thereafter. On second thoughts, I'll stick with my usual wish for a dull 0-0 so that they both drop two points.

57 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

But they’ve not had testing in place until the point - there’s bound to be a number of players who have, which surely mean at this point full teams will have to isolate.

Nah. If they have been following the guidance that has always been in place only those that have breached that would need to isolate. This is why only the Hearts players who tested positive needed to isolate. Same applies whether regularly testing or not.

57 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

A sad indictment of where we are right now. Concerned we might lose to Dunfermline at home

8 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

Surely the Dunfermline game back on tomorrow? If it’s not then yet again more incompetence from the authorities. Hearts should make a statement about it rather then leave it all to the last minute 

Under the new rules (as I understand it) both teams have to carry out tests 2 days before a game so this would not be possible as Dunfermline aren't testing at the moment.

Just listened to Chris McLaughlin on Scottish news and when asked about why it was only leagues 1 & 2 having to stop, the answer was they couldn't afford to do the testing but the Premiership and CHAMPIONSHIP could afford it. If that has been the case then why have 9 out of the 10 not doing testing and why has the SPFL allowed that to happen.

Edited by David Black

11 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

Do Hearts want it on tomorrow night?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Do Hearts want it on tomorrow night?

Not sure. Be good as fans to get a game on but Dunfermline have been preparing for a match tomorrow and we haven’t. Not sure how big an advantage that gives them.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Just listened to Chris McLaughlin on Scottish news and when asked about why it was only leagues 1 & 2 having to stop, the answer was they couldn't afford to do the testing but the Premiership and CHAMPIONSHIP could afford it. If that has been the case then why have 9 out of the 10 not doing testing and why has the SPFL allowed that to happen.

it’s a very good question however I guess most of the championship “couldn’t” afford it pre the £500k grant. 

I dunno why they haven’t boing doing the cheaper lateral flow tests though.  

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate just how ******* lucky hibernian are?

You mean lucky to have us as their Masters ?  :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

This was my worry. If Championship clubs start chirping about being skint and not affording testing, it will get stopped and no doubt they'll greet about us training in the meantime and we'll get punished. Nap. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Have the SFA/SPFA worked out how hearts can be punished for this yet?😂

They've done us a favour.

Not closing our league down where testing up till today wasn't compulsory.

Introducing testing surely impacts our opponents budgets more than ours.  

9 minutes ago, David Black said:

He (and everyone else at BBC Scotland) clearly didn’t know that the championship haven’t been testing. No surprise there really.

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Nah. If they have been following the guidance that has always been in place only those that have breached that would need to isolate. This is why only the Hearts players who tested positive needed to isolate. Same applies whether regularly testing or not.

Well the English Championship sides have just begun testing and from the first round of tests there were more than 100 positive. 

It’s a likely ratio up here - which will mean X number of players will need to isolate. I think some clubs won’t be able to field a team 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

42 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

I think you're putting to much faith in the SPFL to look at last season's debacle as a precedent to be repeated for this season.   The OF dynamic has changed for a start - Uncle Peter won't be pushing to award the title to the team at the top this time. All of a sudden, the Null & Void option might not be off the agenda, if the number of hospital cases is still huge come March.  There's still the appeal by Killie & St. Mirren about the 3-0 punishments  to be heard.   Plenty scope for Doncaster to make a different kind of  arse of things this time.

All we can do is try our damnest to win each game and stay top.   I sense a strong resentment towards Hearts among several Champ clubs, so  we're vulnerable if something is put to a vote.

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Can’t see this lasting Championship clubs can’t afford to test - Alloa and Arbroath are part time 

Scot gov has just given each of them £500k so they can certainly afford once per week testing for three or four weeks. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

And by the way, if the season is ended, the precedent was set last season - Rangers are champs and we are up. Anything else would be (another) scandal

There’s no chance they will be handing out promotions and relegations based on teams only having played 9 or 10 games.  Remember the clubs had to vote on this last season and would have to do so again plus all the teams had played 75-80% of the season.  

Having said that, even if the Championship does get stopped, the vaccine is getting rolled out and our league and certainly the part time leagues shouldn’t be impacted by players going to the Euros (probably only Gordon for us).  They could finish in the summer or maybe agree to an 18 game league.  My biggest concern would be Alloa and Arbroath and the other smaller clubs being able to afford to carry on with no fans. 

24 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

No, the precedent was to have a vote to allow the clubs to decide what happened last season. They would need another vote if the wanted to call the leagues.

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Scot gov has just given each of them £500k so they can certainly afford once per week testing for three or four weeks. 

That will already be gone - as I’ve said before teams like Morton were on the brink - Hopkins resigned to save them money 

16 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Well the English Championship sides have just begun testing and from the first round of tests there were more than 100 positive. 

It’s a likely ratio up here - which will mean X number of players will need to isolate. I think some clubs won’t be able to field a team 

That has to be a risk, plus Arbroath and Alloa have some guys that will be working in the wider community, which is a further risk.

Edited by DETTY29

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )