SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

LarrysRightFoot

Can’t see this lasting Championship clubs can’t afford to test - Alloa and Arbroath are part time 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What happens with the cup games ?

Edit

Cup games postponed as well.

Another Christmas final next season ?

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, His name is said:

What testing takes place in the championship? I'm sure we are testing but is it a requirement for all teams?

No requirement for testing.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 suspended for 3 weeks )
Just now, LMc said:

No requirement for testing.

Yes their is. Once a week at championship level being introduced. Wonder will they all survive. 

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

What testing takes place in the championship? I'm sure we are testing but is it a requirement for all teams?

We're the only team in the Championship that tests. It is now a requirement for all teams to test and considering each club has been given £500000 each from the SG, they can use that.  

Dennis Reynolds

I don't think we'll play again this season. There's no way all the club's in the championship can afford this. A couple are part time ffs.

SFA/SPFL shifting the blame once again.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, o1djambo said:

Yes their is. Once a week at championship level being introduced. Wonder will they all survive. 

There has been no requirement for championship clubs to test before this statement is what I meant.

1 minute ago, LMc said:

I don't think we'll play again this season. There's no way all the club's in the championship can afford this. A couple are part time ffs.

This would have happened regardless of Celtic and Dubai. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

For once, I hope Hibs hammer them. Does that make me a bad person?

It does mate.

As much as I despise Celtic, I hope a team of youths would still hold out for a result against Hibs.

A win would be hilarious.

5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Wonder if its possible we might see someone step in to offer to pay for covid testing?

Hopefully the SPFL try to force the league to continue i.e if you can't afford to test you will be demoted. 

9 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Surely the £500,000 grant will help towards testing? 

Pretty much what I was going to say. Part Time clubs getting 500k is a massive windfall.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This would have happened regardless of Celtic and Dubai. 

🤔 I didn't mention Celtic or Dubai?

I was more meaning, they say 'Ok guys you can keep playing as long as you test' with them knowing full well championship teams won't be able to. They can then turn round and say 'Well we let you continue but you couldn't test so it's your fault'.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Can’t see this lasting Championship clubs can’t afford to test - Alloa and Arbroath are part time 

they've just been given half a million. Ifd guess that’s more than their entire turnover in a normal season

The Treasurer

Thank goodness Mrs Budge had the vision to start testing again last week. We're lucky to have someone who is forward thinking at the helm and not some dinosaur like most clubs 

kingantti1874

Why do people think champ teams can’t afford it?

they’ve just been handed a £500k grant. For most of the league that is massive in relation to their wage bills 

11 minutes ago, David Black said:

We're the only team in the Championship that tests. It is now a requirement for all teams to test and considering each club has been given £500000 each from the SG, they can use that.  

Hopefully this is the case. I can't see the league continuing without testing

PortonianJambo

Scottish Cup will be in total disarray this season due to lower league teams not being able to play.Should just award this year’s trophy to last season’s beaten finalists........

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Does this mean tomorrows league game is back on?

Surely we can make this happen.

Would we want it on? Won't we have a different training schedule than we would have normally had in preparation for a match.

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

🤔 I didn't mention Celtic or Dubai?

I was more meaning, they say 'Ok guys you can keep playing as long as you test' with them knowing full well championship teams won't be able to. They can then turn round and say 'Well we let you continue but you couldn't test so it's your fault'.

Fair enough. Misunderstood what you meant. Hopefully the £500k grant can help them. 

6 minutes ago, His name is said:

Hopefully this is the case. I can't see the league continuing without testing

The £500000 grant was given to enable these clubs to continue as a football club and to be a football club you have to play football matches. 

This will be the exact same as back in October when they said pubs were to shut for 3 weeks. They knew fine well it would be more than 3 weeks, and they know fine well lower leagues will be out of action longer than 3 weeks.

LarrysRightFoot
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they've just been given half a million. Ifd guess that’s more than their entire turnover in a normal season

I don’t think so, some clubs were on the brink without - Morton for example - the money will be gone already. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It does mate.

As much as I despise Celtic, I hope a team of youths would still hold out for a result against Hibs.

A win would be hilarious.

Nah, **** them.  I want the wee team to leather them.  The way Celtic have acted pales into insignificance any beef I have with Hibs.  

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

This will be the exact same as back in October when they said pubs were to shut for 3 weeks. They knew fine well it would be more than 3 weeks, and they know fine well lower leagues will be out of action longer than 3 weeks.

I think so 

Lennon will be gutted that he has been reduced to playing two strikers tonight who are worth more than the entire Hibs squad.  

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Nah, **** them.  I want the wee team to leather them.  The way Celtic have acted pales into insignificance any beef I have with Hibs.  

Me too. 🤗

The Natural Order

As far as I'm concerned the precedent was set last season. If this leads to the end of the current season we must be named Champions and promoted with Ross County immediately relegated. Rangers win the Prem and Celtic can go sook for their 10 in a row.

Any attempt at reconstruction must result in a no vote from us.

1 minute ago, The Natural Order said:

As far as I'm concerned the precedent was set last season. If this leads to the end of the current season we must be named Champions and promoted with Ross County immediately relegated. Rangers win the Prem and Celtic can go sook for their 10 in a row.

Any attempt at reconstruction must result in a no vote from us.

Got to agree, Celtic football club, the most vile,selfish club in world football.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, David Black said:

We only just restarted when Ginnelly had it, good point about the £500k grant. 

Sellik's marketing team should be on for bonuses this year. They did after all come up with the slogan 'Celtic FC - A Club Like No Other'. Ain't that the truth.

The Natural Order
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Got to agree, Celtic football club, the most vile,selfish club in world football.

To be honest for me it's not so much about Celtic as the other clubs who done us in last year. If the season ends all we'll hear is Ross County wanting reconstruction to avoid relegation and Championship clubs like Dundee wanting promoted via reconstruction because there's no playoffs. These self same clubs that went after us. Fek them all.

Premiership past half way   Good enough for the seasons to be declared in my view. All other league positions therefore valid.  Table doesn’t lie in (insert month to suit own agenda). Championeeeees 

LarrysRightFoot

Also re testing - what happens when a number of positive test come back, which is very likely the case if all 10 clubs test? 

There will be a mutual agreement to postpone the Championship IMO

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

We absolutely MUST win every game or at least match those nearest us in the table. I think it's very unlikely the Championship season will complete and so we must continually be at the top of the table and be clear on the PPG formula. Over to you Robbie and the players have to have this drummed into them.

1 minute ago, The Natural Order said:

To be honest for me it's not so much about Celtic as the other clubs who done us in last year. If the season ends all we'll hear is Ross County wanting reconstruction to avoid relegation and Championship clubs like Dundee wanting promoted via reconstruction because there's no playoffs. These self same clubs that went after us. Fek them all.

Again I agree, TBH , I have been trying to keep my anger at Scottish football from last year at a simmer, but this latest act of stupidity is bringing it back to the boil.

If the football authorities and the press try to sweep this away? I will be fit to be tied up 😡

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )