SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

It goes back to the point of the TV money they forfeited to hand the nameless ones a title. 

Perhaps the government should throw in a free holiday to dubai as a means to say sorry for the delay. 

💷💴💶

Just to add this link:  https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55091790

Did this get clarified yet? 

SPFL: Clubs still waiting for seven-figure sum of TV money from last season

A seven-figure sum of television money has yet to be paid to the 42 SPFL clubs by the league because the company's accounts have not yet been signed off.

The money is from the final payment of last season's broadcasting deal and has previously been distributed in October.

The SPFL say the delay is because they can only determine the final amounts due once the accounts are signed off.

They say "a variety of issues are still being finalised and will be clarified in the accounts".

Football cannot be treated 'in isolation' - Sturgeon

The SPFL hope to publish the accounts by the end of December, with the final deadline for filing them in February 2021.

In six of the past 10 years, the figures have been announced before December.

The delay comes as the Scottish FA estimate the Covid-19 pandemic has cost Scottish football around £70m.

The authorities have also been urging the Scottish government to provide financial assistance or accelerate the return of supporters

Edited by HMFC01

EFL clubs will be tested twice a week for Covid after more than 50 matches have been postponed | Daily Mail Online

Clubs in the English Football League are to introduce twice-weekly testing for Covid to halt the spread of the virus.

The EFL and Professional Footballers' Association will launch the new testing programme amid increasing concern about the emergence of a new strain of the coronavirus, which transmits more easily.

The PFA have committed to funding the Covid-19 tests for all EFL clubs for the rest of the season in a move that will cost about £5million.

BUT

As reported by Sportsmail, the tests will use lateral flow devices, which are less accurate than the PCR tests currently in use, but much cheaper and quicker to administer.

The league-wide testing programme will begin for all 72 clubs on Monday, January 11. An initial round of tests has already been completed at every club with the results to be made public by the EFL on Thursday or Friday.

This will be the first time many clubs will have been tested since November.

Clubs have been desperate to introduce more frequent testing, but many have been unable to afford the £4,000 cost for each cycle, which uses the PCR test. 

A PCR test returns results within 24 to 48 hours and costs about £100 per person. It involves taking a swab from the nose or throat, which is analysed in a lab to determine if genetic material from the virus is present.

The lateral flow test, which was trialled in Liverpool and at universities last year and is now used in care homes and other settings, is less accurate, but faster to administer. It can cost between £5 and £20.

They are more like pregnancy tests, they are self-administered, do not require a laboratory and results can be available in 10 minutes.

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

this quote from the piece just makes you go WOW.

Wonder how the same clubs felt when they demoted us, and PT.  oh wait................

Another club source told us: 

“There are a number of top flight clubs which will struggle to afford the repayments if they are relegated to the Championship at any point over the next six years. But without the money some of them will struggle just to get through to the end of February.

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Colts teams = maintaining a presence and influence within the Scottish game whilst the senior teams play in a European league.

That's clearly their plan but will a European Super League invite either cheek? Personally I doubt it. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As I bore myself saying over and over again, these clubs signed up for a league ran by Doncaster and Lawell. There has not been one single act of planning for this despite repeated warnings throughout mid-2020. 

The clubs are pointing their anger at the wrong people. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's clearly their plan but will a European Super League invite either cheek? Personally I doubt it. 

They will, I think £££££

Not the top Euro League, but the second division of it. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

As I bore myself saying over and over again, these clubs signed up for a league ran by Doncaster and Lawell. There has not been one single act of planning for this despite repeated warnings throughout mid-2020. 

The clubs are pointing their anger at the wrong people. 

Not only that, they were given the opportunity to have the SPFL investigated free-of-charge - the chance to change was there on a plate.

Reap what you sow. Take your medicine. Stop blaming everyone else.... and, perhaps, stop buying players if you're struggling so much.

Seymour M Hersh

They will, I think £££££

Not the top Euro League, but the second division of it. 

Where is the blueprint for these league? You seem to have it all worked out how it will look. 

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

this quote from the piece just makes you go WOW.

Wonder how the same clubs felt when they demoted us, and PT.  oh wait................

Another club source told us: 

“There are a number of top flight clubs which will struggle to afford the repayments if they are relegated to the Championship at any point over the next six years. But without the money some of them will struggle just to get through to the end of February.

That makes excellent reading.

These articles do my head in. A ‘source’ and a ‘powerbroker’ said such and such. If a real individual said these quotes, get their name on the article. Cloak and dagger nonsense, they all had enough to say during the summer when it came to demoting us and Partick. 

How the teams can collectively sit back and allow Doncaster to be the head of this league absolutely bemuses me. A £400k plus salary and does nothing of note. 

I’m sure when he does leave all the weasels will come out with plenty to say. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where is the blueprint for these league? You seem to have it all worked out how it will look. 

Chill.

It has been mooted often enough over the years and i feel that, once the main players set up their Euro Super League then the next level clubs will follow suit.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Chill.

It has been mooted often enough over the years and i feel that, once the main players set up their Euro Super League then the next level clubs will follow suit.

The current chat is the Atlantic league, a few months ago the tramps were said to of stepped out of talking. There is more chat flowing on it yet again, this time spurred on by the vermin. We are supposedly part of it, not sure if there is any real weight to it .

33 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

These articles do my head in. A ‘source’ and a ‘powerbroker’ said such and such. If a real individual said these quotes, get their name on the article. Cloak and dagger nonsense, they all had enough to say during the summer when it came to demoting us and Partick. 

How the teams can collectively sit back and allow Doncaster to be the head of this league absolutely bemuses me. A £400k plus salary and does nothing of note. 

I’m sure when he does leave all the weasels will come out with plenty to say. 

It is amazing to think that when Joe Biden takes over as President of the USA, he will be paid slightly less than Doncaster, when you allow for exchange rates. 

Hungry hippo
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Chill.

I remember David Murray saying it was inevitable before the year 2000. Will wait and see although there will be some form of change.

Have the clubs been paid last seasons prize money by the spfl yet? They hadn't been the last I heard which was early December. May have missed an announcement over the holiday period.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, David Black said:

Dear Mr Doncaster, where are you? Come out come out where ever you are. 

He is probably self congratulating after concluding a partnership deal with Glens vodka part of Loch Lomond Distillers. Hardly a blue chip company and in football parlance operate in the lower leagues. I remember they were legally pursued by William Grant and had to change the brand name to Glens. Don’t know how much the deal is worth but considering the overall group recorded a £17 million pound loss last year I think we can take the Dungcaster comments that it is a fantastic and exciting arrangement with the usual pinch of salt. Sounds a bit " beggars cant be choosers *

The chairman of Slough has called for the national leagues down south to be suspended. Also Mark Warburton is calling for a break.

It's on SSN

I'm not suggesting Scotland does the same 

Edited by bigmack

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I remember David Murray saying it was inevitable before the year 2000. Will wait and see although there will be some form of change.

From World Soccer's anniversary edition last year.

Screenshot_20210107-145829_Photos.jpg

Premiership clubs have zero shame they were treated special to get the league running again so they can get their TV deal, they get donations, they also are continuing to buy new players with cash and also turn down bids for their players. 

They hounded Government to open stadiums and then because they haven't received their money within 2 weeks they're throwing toys out the pram, aye let's open stadiums and kill 50 percent of your fanbase and let this virus hang around for next 3 seasons.  Its just a cesspit of greed.

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

It is amazing to think that when Joe Biden takes over as President of the USA, he will be paid slightly less than Doncaster, when you allow for exchange rates. 

Yeah but will Biden do what Celtic tells him?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Ah the difference is. One has a submarine in the bath , the other has a submarine under an island.

Seymour M Hersh

Chill.

I wasn't hot. So there is still nothing but speculation? I thought there may have been some new scenario mooted by more a more reliable source than just the desperate arse cheeks. Apparently not. 

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wasn't hot. So there is still nothing but speculation? I thought there may have been some new scenario mooted by more a more reliable source than just the desperate arse cheeks. Apparently not. 

Nah it’s always just suggestions and rumours out out there by certain clubs👍🏻

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah it’s always just suggestions and rumours out out there by certain clubs👍🏻

Personally I think Brexit and CoVid has killed it off for a few years at least. 

complete control
5 hours ago, David Black said:

Dear Mr Doncaster, where are you? Come out come out where ever you are. 

he is jarring on in Dubai

3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Have the clubs been paid last seasons prize money by the spfl yet? They hadn't been the last I heard which was early December. May have missed an announcement over the holiday period.

The link I posted said the end of December is when the accounts get signed off, to give out the clubs monies. 

There's been no announcement yet I think.   The ongoing desperation about the scotgov handing out money seems to suggest also there is a delay from the spfl. 

Unless someone else clears it up. 

Very responsible from Dalbeattie Star. Lowland league, so tier 5.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dalbeattiestarfc/news/statement-2594377.html

And show up the football authorities for what they are.  Elite should have been full time and testing.  SG not blameless either in accepting what football told them.

--------------------

CLUB STATEMENT

We took the difficult decision to cancel training last night (Wednesday). Given the announcement made by the Scottish Government on Monday we felt uncomfortable asking our players and staff to travel to Dalbeattie from around Dumfries and Galloway and also from Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and Carlisle.

Despite the fact that we have followed all protocols and hopefully have been providing a COVID safe space, the rising number of cases in Dumfries and Galloway means we are very concerned that bringing players and staff to Dalbeattie for training is an unnecessary risk to our local community at this difficult time for everyone.

We are classed as elite professional players but no provision is available for covid testing at our level, we do however query the professional status as we are a part time club and all players have other careers out with football.

We as a club have today written to the Scottish Lowland Football League requesting that consideration be given to suspend the league till this terrible disease is under control again.

Whilst we fully appreciate that we’re all in football for the love of the game we believe it’s a distant second right now to the safety of everyone in Dumfries and Galloway and beyond and therefore we hope you’ll understand our thoughts and concerns at this moment in time as we look to protect each and every individual.

Like all clubs in the league we would love to be able to be able to complete this season in a timely manner but the safety of our committee, management team, players and of course the people of our local community is of more concern than football at this present time.

Hopefully we will get back to normal in the near future and be able to welcome everyone back to Islecroft in a safe environment.

STAY SAFE - C’MON THE STAR

Edited by DETTY29

On 06/01/2021 at 19:38, Nookie Bear said:

Colts teams = maintaining a presence and influence within the Scottish game whilst the senior teams play in a European league.

I don't mind the idea of colts teams at all however if your main team leaves the league the colt team has to go too.. There is no way there can be anything left behind.

I'd like it in the Scottish lower leagues if there were two bigger divisions of say 20 teams.. I can't see any reason why teams need to be playing each other 4 times a season. 

15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yeah but will Biden do what Celtic tells him?

Kamala Harris Lawell, will take over at some point soon as Biden is the American equivalent of Alex McLeish.

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicola-sturgeons-government-branded-disgrace-23282911

Little bit of double standards here, i think. What have the SFA done to protect scottish clubs over the years?

He needs to take it up with his employers (SFA, not Conservative Party) and start asking some serious questions as to why the Scottish Government are reticent to get too closely involved.

The other angle here is, if the clubs want the SG to get involved in bailing out football clubs then would they be happy for the SG to get involved in other aspects of the game, it's leadership, attitude towards sectarianism etc

The SPFL/SFA should be careful what they wish for.

7 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicola-sturgeons-government-branded-disgrace-23282911

Little bit of double standards here, i think. What have the SFA done to protect scottish clubs over the years?

Clubs will get little sympathy when they start signing players this window. 

31 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Where to start with this!?

Clubs don't have money... yet continue to sign players, go on trips to Dubai. How about the SPFL pay clubs what they are due from last season?.. oh wait, they've had to hand it back to SKY, BBC, BT.

How about the SPFL and SFA look after 'their' clubs... or clubs just stop spending money they don't have at the moment? How about going back in time and mothballing 'semi-professional' clubs and restructuring the leagues for clubs that can afford to finish a season? 

**** off you t**t. The SPFL and their chairmen had ample opportunity to do what's best for the leagues as a whole. Guess what... they didn't give a monkeys about anyone else or the greater good. Now they want to blame the SG... who don't run football or any other sport for that matter.

FTSFA FTSPFL FTH

What levels are Southern Leagues in England.  Article suggests National Leagues level 3 and 4?

Anyway, matches suspended until 6 March, with questionnaire to members as to what to do.  Null and void apparently most likely scenario.

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/news/127166/LEAGUE-STATEMENT/

Edited by DETTY29

14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What levels are Southern Leagues in England.  Article suggests National Leagues level 3 and 4?

Anyway, matches suspended until 6 March, with questionnaire to members as to what to do.  Null and void apparently most likely scenario.

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/news/127166/LEAGUE-STATEMENT/

I finished  my playing days  in the Wiltshire League which was step 7.

My son played in the Hellenic League which was step 5-6

The Hellenic League fed into  the Southern League which is step 3-4

The next step up is to The National Leagues which are step 1-2

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/steps/steps-3-4/

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It is indeed double standards and of course being a Tory, he doesn’t mention that his masters down south have done nothing to help English football and instead relied on the big clubs to bail out the smaller clubs so maybe we should be turning our attention to our 2 biggest clubs to redistribute the wealth more evenly. 

ToadKiller Dog
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Clubs will get little sympathy when they start signing players this window. 

They already have started  ,Ross County signed 2  so far , hibs a gk , st johnstome brought in a loan.,Hamilton and st midden both say they are looking to strengthen. 

Bunch of kidders  .

Dundee united could be in trouble as they have accepted pay cuts ,but even they are by reports looking .

If Dongcaster ,Lawwell and the tory chimp want to lead the spfl into war with the Gov I only see one winner .

7 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

They already have started  ,Ross County signed 2  so far , hibs a gk , st johnstome brought in a loan.,Hamilton and st midden both say they are looking to strengthen. 

Bunch of kidders  .

Dundee united could be in trouble as they have accepted pay cuts ,but even they are by reports looking .

If Dongcaster ,Lawwell and the tory chimp want to lead the spfl into war with the Gov I only see one winner .

dungcaster got nowhere with the 'fans into grounds'... seems liewelk has wheeled out the refs for their next salvo. What a bunch of tools.

10 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Bunch of kidders  .

"Don't mess with NS"

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nicola Sturgeon warns professional sport 'all bets are off' amid Covid outbreak - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55525110

Sorry if posted already.

That's a very misleading headline even though it is a quote.

I watched it and she basically said that the Scottish Govt was staying out of football stuff (up to the SFA and SPFL to monitor protocols etc) but if clubs and players didn't follow the guidance then they would need to intervene - which is nothing new.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More talk around including other countries and sports we could see sport stopped. 

Interesting contrast of comments between Steve Bruce and Shaun Dyche.

Bruce thinks it morally wrong the football continues to play while that Erse from Burnley thinks the players should be fast tracked for the vaccine. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )