Jump to content

SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )


Recommended Posts

I would have thought, in all fairness, the SFA should have postponed these semi- finals until Celtic are in better form.  There's more than a chance Aberdeen will end their quadriple, quintuple, multiple and that would be grossly unfair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 90.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    1948

  • Ethan Hunt

    1591

  • Pasquale for King

    1577

  • Beast Boy

    1415

3 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Barry Anderson reporting that 29 P/T staff being made redundant by Peterhead.  The first of many me thinks.  Feel sorry for the folk involved.

I saw this and the first thing that came to mind is how can such a small club have so many part time staff? I can only presume it’s match day staff so in principle part time meaning 1 or 2 short shifts per week. Turnstile operators, stewards, catering, etc. Still rotten for the people involved though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw this and the first thing that came to mind is how can such a small club have so many part time staff? I can only presume it’s match day staff so in principle part time meaning 1 or 2 short shifts per week. Turnstile operators, stewards, catering, etc. Still rotten for the people involved though. 

Will the playing staff, or some of them, not be part time there as well?  I dont know?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Will the playing staff, or some of them, not be part time there as well?  I dont know?

I’d imagine they would have made a point of mentioning if it was players being cleared out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If only there was a vehicle that could have prevent all of this upcoming chaos.

 

Oh wait there was it was reconstruction. It may not have been AB reconstruction but some form of reconstruction should have took place.

 

There could have been a meeting on 1st of Ocotber with all the part time clubs and at that point they could decide who can play and who cant or wait till January etc.

 

A combination of selfishness and a board who only care about 1 fixture is going to cause havoc. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite

I have sympathy for the people involved and hope they get employed somewhere quickly but equally I find myself thinking **** all the other clubs who decided to put their own self interest first and potentially put Hearts staff at risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

The opportunity to stitch us up yet again there for all to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

Where did this come from? Is it genuine? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Rods said:

If only there was a vehicle that could have prevent all of this upcoming chaos.

 

Oh wait there was it was reconstruction. It may not have been AB reconstruction but some form of reconstruction should have took place.

 

There could have been a meeting on 1st of Ocotber with all the part time clubs and at that point they could decide who can play and who cant or wait till January etc.

 

A combination of selfishness and a board who only care about 1 fixture is going to cause havoc. 

 

They could easily have had something like a 14 club top league, 14 club Championship and 14 clubs mothballing for a season. 

Many other potential solutions but their vision was blurred by greed and self interest. For some reason, they all assumed Covid 19 would have gone in time for them to take advantage of Hearts, Partick, Stranraer and others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

Third one down. I have read it several times and I don't see the relevance of the virus uncertainty. It is making decisions IN THE EVENT of a curtailed season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Third one down. I have read it several times and I don't see the relevance of the virus uncertainty. It is making decisions IN THE EVENT of a curtailed season.

The question may have been put in a the behest of the Board members from Hamilton, Alloa and Brechin so that they can see where their clubs stand later in the season. It would allow them the freedom to cast a vote in their own self interest, once again, rather than commit themselves now to a specific course of action.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

The last para - no way.

 

Moynihan QC in his legal opinion to SPFL for last season  said you cannot void the season because "it would be as though the season never happened " - and would mean amongst other things, clubs would be at risk of having to repay ST monies (and presumably sponsors too). There was a whole list of reasons put forward for not "voiding" last season because of the impact on TV money/sponsors money  for the SPFL board then - so what's changed in the last 6 months ? 

 

Moynihan ALSO said in the court case that football was all about promotion & relegation. SO no way is the season being voided, AB - tell Doncaster !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The question may have been put in a the behest of the Board members from Hamilton, Alloa and Brechin so that they can see where their clubs stand later in the season. It would allow them the freedom to cast a vote in their own self interest, once again, rather than commit themselves now to a specific course of action.  

It certainly  seems a very loaded question. They could have said 'too early or never too early '

Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

Celtic answers:

 

1: We already do that

2: Only for teams that have names that do not begin with C and end with C.

3: We will tell you when the time is right to take decisions.

4: Any time we are at the top of the table.

5: See answer 3, above.

6: See answer 1, above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

These questions worry me.


Yes, alarm bells should be ringing in boardrooms throughout the land. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick

People whom you trust less than the mutant Doncaster....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...nope, can't find any.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Psychedelicropcircle

If that’s real I’d imagine AB has returned it with a male member right across it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People whom you trust less than the mutant Doncaster....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...nope, can't find any.

 

Borris 

Trump

H Shipman 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
17 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Very harsh

 

Nah, Doncaster is a dick but he's a football dick. 

Plenty worse out there. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

I have a total abhorrence to using bullet points for questions.   A list of questions should always be numbered.   Doncaster is a poor administrator. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They will need to finish the season , no way Sky will not seek compensation if they don’t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely ridiculous decisions on different scenarios weren’t made before a ball was kicked this season.

means the clubs can make their minds up again in their own interest and again Doncaster can hide behind members decisions or am I missing something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
2 hours ago, topsport said:

Absolutely ridiculous decisions on different scenarios weren’t made before a ball was kicked this season.

means the clubs can make their minds up again in their own interest and again Doncaster can hide behind members decisions or am I missing something?

The Board plays this role of the helpless onlooker yet lobbied hard through dubious means for their sick resolution to end last years leagues. Surely a route to more Board power would be to lobby for a change to the voting structure. Doncaster must wake up every day and laugh at the easy ride he gets from our media parasites despite being  knowingly part of the cancer in our game.

Edited by Riccarton3
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The Board plays this role of the helpless onlooker yet lobbied hard through dubious means for their sick resolution to end last years leagues. Surely a route to more Board power would be to lobby for a change to the voting structure. Doncaster must wake up every day and wonder at the easy ride he gets from our media despite being part of the cancer in our game

Being Liewell's puppet makes him untouchable in the eyes of the media

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Being Liewell's puppet makes him untouchable in the eyes of the media

Aye. Did a bit of editing for a more accurate picture

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

 

Image

 

a couple of questions missing here I think.

 

*   What would be a sufficient number of points for one arse cheek to be in front of another arse cheek for the league to be validly called?

 

*   Would you agree that any decision that keeps  Hearts  in the Championship for at last one more season must, de facto,  be an appropriate decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites
coatbridgejambo
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Borris 

Trump

H Shipman 

Still a nope from me

Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would have thought, in all fairness, the SFA should have postponed these semi- finals until Celtic are in better form.  There's more than a chance Aberdeen will end their quadriple, quintuple, multiple and that would be grossly unfair.

Expect an announcement on Saturday. Something to do with bad weather and those Hearts' huddies damaging the pitch or something along those lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The questions have already been answered. None of the Clubs want to “Give the SPFL” ANY POWER as they cannot be trusted. 
 

The questions should be “what should the rules be given the following circumstances which are then set in stone so they can’t be selectively adapted to suit their corrupt agenda. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible

St Mirren have been accused by the SPFL of breaching Covid-19 regulations in the build-up to postponed matches against Motherwell and Hamilton Accies

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible

St Mirren  say they "will defend this robustly".

The SPFL had launched an investigation after the games were called off because Covid cases left St Mirren without sufficient fit players.

A board sub-committee, chaired by an independent legally-qualified chair, will meet on 10 and/or 11 November.

Kilmarnock already faced a similar hearing - which has now also been confirmed for the same day - after their game against Motherwell on 3 October was postponed following an outbreak caused the entire squad to self-isolate.

The Ayrshire club have also vowed to prove they "haven't done anything wrong" against a charge that could lead to them and St Mirren forfeiting the points for the respective games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

 

 

*   What would be a sufficient number of points for one arse cheek to be in front of another arse cheek for the league to be validly called?

 

 

 

Not 4 with 24 to play for that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

If games are forfeited and the league gets called on PPG, I assume those forfeited games count?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If games are forfeited and the league gets called on PPG, I assume those forfeited games count?

 

Ha...I think we can be fairly confident that zero thought will be given to that until after the event...

 

Sponsored walks to challenge the fact that a team has been relegated on PPG even though the team surviving didn’t even play the game anyone???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably thought him leaving would change their outlook.  Then realised it didn't matter because fans wont be back until sometime next year.   Almost like a Rod Petrie manoeuvre, at least he said he was taking a break though and not quitting.

 

Sorry edit:  🐀🐍

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites
ritchies75
 

BREAKING: Rangers confirm George Edmundson and Jordan Jones have been suspended by the club for attending a party and breaching COVID regulations. An internal investigation will take place and both players will self-isolate for 14 days.

 

Wonder if they will use this as an excuse to sack Jones

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartmussel
6 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:
 

BREAKING: Rangers confirm George Edmundson and Jordan Jones have been suspended by the club for attending a party and breaching COVID regulations. An internal investigation will take place and both players will self-isolate for 14 days.

 

Wonder if they will use this as an excuse to sack Jones

Probably it’s the Rangers way.If it had been one of their so called stars,you would never have heard a peep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

tin hat on, these are questions the spfl must address.  Having answers in place that in place would have saved a lot of issues.. 

 

very simplistically in my opinion if 50% of the league season is complete or 1 home and 1 away fixture then the league should stand. I wouldn’t have been on this view last season but now the precedent is set and it has to be maintained
 

the scenarios and thresholds  in which the league would actually be ended, paused also have to be set out up front .. e.g an instruction from Scotgov, and that the league season(50%) of games must be completed by say mid July at the latest, that cup weekends will be lower priority than league fixtures .

 

we can’t have a situation again where the outcome is determined by who sits where in the league and a ridiculous voting structure. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2020 at 13:14, kingantti1874 said:

tin hat on, these are questions the spfl must address.  Having answers in place that in place would have saved a lot of issues.. 

 

very simplistically in my opinion if 50% of the league season is complete or 1 home and 1 away fixture then the league should stand. I wouldn’t have been on this view last season but now the precedent is set and it has to be maintained
 

the scenarios and thresholds  in which the league would actually be ended, paused also have to be set out up front .. e.g an instruction from Scotgov, and that the league season(50%) of games must be completed by say mid July at the latest, that cup weekends will be lower priority than league fixtures .

 

we can’t have a situation again where the outcome is determined by who sits where in the league and a ridiculous voting structure. 

 

 

Problem for the  SPFL quite a big one,  all they can do is make suggestions. 

 

Totally amazing,  all those clubs that shit on us in April don't want to commit now. 

 

****ing shitebags

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Problem for the  SPFL quite a big one,  all they can do is make suggestions. 

 

Totally amazing,  all those clubs that shit on us in April don't want to commit now. 

 

****ing shitebags

 

Yip. 

 

They all want to see where they are when the music stops before fighting like rats in a sack and ultimately choosing what clubs to shit on. 

 

Let's be proactive, nah **** that-

 

Utter shite bags- opportunistic cheating selfish *******s. 

 

Wait to see what benefits me first before voting, **** voting on a fair and reasonable solution now or handing power to a group. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgie rd eh11

Even the clubs that were complicit in the farce of last season don't trust the ****s. Says it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon tinted glasses 2

My take on the results are that the majority of the clubs have said "sorry but you made a complete james blunt of it earlier this year so no way are we giving you that power again", to me it's a total vote of no confidence for those in charge.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

My take on the results are that the majority of the clubs have said "sorry but you made a complete james blunt of it earlier this year so no way are we giving you that power again", to me it's a total vote of no confidence for those in charge.

 

Nope, just pure and simple self interest coming to the fore yet again.

That and absolutely no trust in the top of the tree to act in anything other than the best interests of the Old Firm, primarily Celtic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...