SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What would the appeals be based on ?

Probs the SPFL that is appealing, starting to think 15 Celtic players have tested positive

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

You’ve not cancelled your season ticket so you won’t be getting any vouchers.

If you have a higher priced season ticket then you can get vouchers as they assigned a value per game streamed that was less than the equivalent value of the season ticket. Alternatively the additional value will be taken off the season ticket price next year. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package

The info does say you will need to request vouchers from the ticket office, so it does seem odd that someone has been sent them without asking. Then again the info ask said further dates and details would be announced in relation to the vouchers, but I'm not aware that has ever happened.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They’re not Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Probs the SPFL that is appealing, starting to think 15 Celtic players have tested positive

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No provision in the rules for the award of specific results, unfair prejudice (why just St Mirren & Killie picked out), excessive severity?  I assume that the SFA will hear the appeals in the first place and if not it will be arbitration.

I see they appealed a few weeks back, thanks for the replies.

Footballfirst

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can confirm that a first team player has tested positive for Covid-19.

The player began to develop mild symptoms on Christmas Eve and, after receiving a positive test result, is now self-isolating for 10 days.

Following protocols to the letter, the club has been in constant dialogue with the Joint Response Group and both parties are satisfied that, having traced the player’s movements and close contacts this week, no other players or members of staff will have to self-isolate.

The club’s training base at Oriam has undergone a deep clean in line with the stringent procedures put in place at the start of the pandemic.

Though the player feels slightly unwell he remains in good spirits and is looking forward to joining up with the squad again once his isolation period ends.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sitting here with £250 worth in my hand! I thought it was for cancellations, I'll just bin them.

Cheers.

Sounds like a good idea. You could shove them up your arse perhaps.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

If you have a higher priced season ticket then you can get vouchers as they assigned a value per game streamed that was less than the equivalent value of the season ticket. Alternatively the additional value will be taken off the season ticket price next year. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package

The info does say you will need to request vouchers from the ticket office, so it does seem odd that someone has been sent them without asking. Then again the info ask said further dates and details would be announced in relation to the vouchers, but I'm not aware that has ever happened.

Ah ok. Yeah, that’s what I assumed. 

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

What is next I wonder?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-clubs-plead-scottish-government-23231816 

Ah yeh it will be reconstruction talks.

I look forward to us reminding them there was 3 failed attempts only last season.

And now some worried club bosses are asking for more details amid concern that they might struggle to afford the monthly repayments - especially if they drop out of the Premiership at any point in the next six seasons.

After what happened to Hearts last season, that is breathtaking. 

I don't understand what they have even queried regarding the loan repayments. It's a 6 year capital and interest loan at 2%. They should only borrow what money (if any) that they need it to survive now - simple stuff.

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I don't understand what they have even queried regarding the loan repayments. It's a 6 year capital and interest loan at 2%. They should only borrow what money (if any) that they need it to survive now - simple stuff.

Correct. If they need to borrow the money to survive, borrow it, then budget accordingly over the next few seasons. If they don't need to borrow to survive, don't borrow. Simple stuff as you say, but then that's an apt description of most people running clubs in Scotland! 

part_time_jambo

Seems strange that a minority sport, rugby, gets a £15m grant, but football only gets £10m.I think another £5m should be distributed to the bottom 3 tiers in the interest of fairness. They can increase the interest to 10% for the premiership loans to cover it.

Edited by part_time_jambo
Million

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Seems strange that a minority sport, rugby, gets a £15m grant, but football only gets £10m.I think another £5m should be distributed to the bottom 3 tiers in the interest of fairness. They can increase the interest to 10% for the premiership loans to cover it.

The argument in favour of the rugby clubs getting grants is that football clubs are playing and still attracting STs, PPV, Prize money and Sponsorship cash.

part_time_jambo
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The argument in favour of the rugby clubs getting grants is that football clubs are playing and still attracting STs, PPV, Prize money and Sponsorship cash.

Perhaps so, but that just underlines the fact that very few people are interested in rugby, so doesn’t justify the size of the grant in my opinion.

Anyway this isn’t an egg chaser forum.

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

Perhaps so, but that just underlines the fact that very few people are interested in rugby, so doesn’t justify the size of the grant in my opinion.

Anyway this isn’t an egg chaser forum.

I agree. It’s a bizarre decision for me.  

26 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

The DR are talking shite, the funds made available to football totalled £30M, £20M of which is available to PL clubs on a loan basis. 

Edited by Swanny17

part_time_jambo
2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

The DR are talking shite, the funds made available to football totalled £30M, £20M of which is available to PL clubs on a loan basis. 

Yes, that’s correct. 30m to football of which 20m has to be repaid. Only 10m grant compared to 15m for rugby. To be clear, I’m happy the premiership only have a loan option.

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Yes, that’s correct. 30m to football of which 20m has to be repaid. Only 10m grant compared to 15m for rugby. To be clear, I’m happy the premiership only have a loan option.

Fair point bud. Still, hope the clubs all suffer. They can either take the loan or not but I guess the SG has considered that many of them were still paying transfer fees despite pleading poverty. 

36 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

But not on international stage. Consistently sell just under 70k at m’field. Too many football clubs pretending to be professional clubs - need to get rid of at least 10

I thought premier clubs would have got part grant part loan. Can’t compare the old firm to Hamilton and st Mirren etc. The argument is football only got 10 million in grants 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Newton51 said:

I thought premier clubs would have got part grant part loan. Can’t compare the old firm to Hamilton and st Mirren etc. The argument is football only got 10 million in grants 

Poor them.

To be frank, football should be thankful it got anything IMO.

26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Poor them.

To be frank, football should be thankful it got anything IMO.

Football is being given gold standard treatment. 

The implications of not being allowed to play would be massive. 

They should be thanking the Government every 20 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Talk about a circuit breaker in the EPL 😕

Remember the pubs had a circuit breaker in October and never reopened in my area

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

League 1 was a disaster down south today. Eight out of twelve games cancelled due to COVID. 

SectionDJambo
51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

This is looking bad for us. No promotion no relegation. I can sense it.

They will be very wary of denying Rangers the league title after the award to Celtic last season. It’s much earlier in the season, but the importance to Rangers of stopping the 9.75 in a row is something that even Doncaster won’t want to stick his neck out to be seen to prevent by a “null and void”. Then there is the broadcast money, the loss of which would be catastrophic for many clubs and the SPFL organisation as a whole.

The next couple of weeks are vital to Hearts, in that we need to come out of the Dundee and Raith Rovers games positively. We need to restrict the manoeuvre room for the corrupt core that lies within the SPFL. Rangers beating Celtic again, I think, would prevent any immediate shenanigans.

The virus has kept going much longer than the schemers of the summer ever imagined. Even they cannot go back on all of the insistence that promotions and relegations must happen.

Loads of time still to play games so I'm not concerned. They don't even have the reason of terminating the BT deal this time.

I suspect the SPFL will be desperate to get the games played to satisfy Sky this time. Even if a delay is necessary I think we'd just follow what England did last season. 

We have 18 league games to play and in theory could easily keep going until August or September this time. Lower leagues wouldn't even need to stop for the Euros.

Edit to add that this clearly won't stop teams from trying to save their own skin by whatever means but I just can't see them cancelling the season.

Edited by Hungry hippo

No way they will end the season unless forced to , Rangers will be pushing to ensure it’s completed or at least the title is awarded to them ( if current status continues) , it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if there was no relegation or promotion , although I don’t honestly believe that will happen 

We need to remember that SG has just provided £10M in Grants to clubs below Premiership to allow them to survive.

I can't see SG pulling the plug to the extent that the season cannot be finished, even with a break.

Having said that SG has thrown mega money to Ferguson Shipyards, Prestwick Airport & BiFab in the past to no avail, so I suppose adding SPFL/SFA to the list will not bother them!!

We need to stick 100% to the protocols to avoid Doncaster & his cohorts the chance to deny us our right to get back to the Premiership by our efforts on & off the park.

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There is precedent. 

Award titles. Promote and expel. 

They made their bed back in May. 

Exactly this. The moment we get near the 75% or whatever of games played they can't possibly do something different this year. They'll have the brass neck to try obviously.

They do probably have a window to null and void, but it's closing fast and with a vaccine on the way the most likely outcome is a temporary shutdown and the leagues finished in summer or whenever, which is what they should have done the first time. 

What's going to be enjoyable, as it'll reveal mass hypocricy, is with 24 points to play for and Celtic behind by 4 points or so, or any team 4 points behind for that matter, we see commentators and fans talking up their teams chances. Guaranteed if Celtic are 4 pts behind Rangers with 24 to play for it'll be getting talking up as an epic title battle with anything possible. Same as if there's just 4 pts between the teams at the bottom.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hagar the Horrible

I cant see what the spfl are complaining about. Celtic. Rangers, hibs,Aberdeen, DU have all spent money. If any club brings in anybody even an on loan player in January they cannot whinge and plead poverty. Cut you cloth accordingly 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 hours ago, Rods said:

What is next I wonder?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-clubs-plead-scottish-government-23231816 

I look forward to us reminding them there was 3 failed attempts only last season.

Yup, for sure. The entire Premiership will try to avoid relegation this season, and I’m pretty sure the SPFL will allow that to happen. You watch the excuses mount as we get into the new year

15 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Reconstruction could be back on the table!

My prediction too, especially if one or two top flight clubs start to go under.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

My prediction too, especially if one or two top flight clubs start to go under.

And that might not be too far off for one or two.

Any money the SPFL clubs receive, should be less the amount the have spent on transfer fees over the summer. That way it would be less they have to pay back.

Edited by David Black

ToadKiller Dog
19 hours ago, Rods said:

What is next I wonder?

Firstly this is an attempt to get get the gov give grants to the premiership clubs or at least some of them.

If when that fails (i agree with dusk ) i can see certain club likely with the silent backing of a mr Lawwell start to argue for no relegation .most likely with the talk of reconstruction added much like last summer just to look like they are looking at all avenues .

Most important we wrap this league up as soon as .

7 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Firstly this is an attempt to get get the gov give grants to the premiership clubs or at least some of them.

If when that fails (i agree with dusk ) i can see certain club likely with the silent backing of a mr Lawwell start to argue for no relegation .most likely with the talk of reconstruction added much like last summer just to look like they are looking at all avenues .

Most important we wrap this league up as soon as .

They have already made their bed for this season.  Time to take their medicine now.

I wouldn't be surprised if some try and put two votes on the table - first one being no relegation, second reconstruction.  You know how that will work.

Nucky Thompson
16 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

What I read was that there was no talk of a circuit breaker.

Not one club has asked for it

I still think the season will be completed.

I think now maybe teams in the bottom half of the league are bumping their gums due to not getting free money( you have to hope the SPFL told them they would get it) 

Reconstruction will be back on the table but it should be swatted aside due to last years carve up.

45 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think now maybe teams in the bottom half of the league are bumping their gums due to not getting free money( you have to hope the SPFL told them they would get it) 

Reconstruction will be back on the table but it should be swatted aside due to last years carve up.

I think some of these clubs just need to face up to the fact they’re not really viable due to a lack of a proper fan base. The 200 Ross county fans could still pop along and watch them ifthey went amateur and not have to travel as far to away games. Hamilton the same. Just give up, nobody would notice, who misses Clydebank?

Edited by GinRummy

Ancelloti giving it large about folk not taking Covid protocols seriously, especially football.

Paul Lambert complaining about lack of testing in EFL especially as he has had it, never felt worse and still isn't right with aches, headaches, breathing problems.

Reading doctor calling for circuit breaks as he also believes much ofvfootball isn't doing as asked.

For us (Hearts) there is no reason our season can't finish even with a circuit break because we should extend season.  Same for EFL outsude of Championship, if there is a break.  We lose Gordon to the Euros, but that would be all.  EFL, Championship and SPFL Premiership different story I suppose.

I can't see 'elite' football stopping as too much at stake in top leagues now, but they need to sort out it's covis protocol compliance.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Rods said:

If so, some will be hoping that as we wanted reconstruction last season we will not oppose it this season.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )