SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fort Vallance
14 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Used to have a great laugh going to Port Glasgow, near 40 years ago now.

shitehole.

I'd be surprised if it looks any different. It was 40 years behind the rest of the planet then. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's all happening 

So, 32k per club (assuming everyone gets an equal cut)......keep the lights on for a couple of weeks I suppose......won’t stop the downfall of some clubs though (imo)

Fort Vallance
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not everything has been deleted 

No spell check in Greenock or is that just the local standard of literacy.

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

That is their equivalent of Einstein

Niemi’s gloves
21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, 32k per club (assuming everyone gets an equal cut)......keep the lights on for a couple of weeks I suppose......won’t stop the downfall of some clubs though (imo)

less than 10k per club on my quick arithmetic. This is money for  clubs in the pyramid below Scottish League 2, of which there are more than 150 including 67 in the west who aren’t actually playing league football at the moment but do seem to be included in this handout.

edit: actually 164 clubs in all, 17 lowland, 17 highland, 49 east, 14 south and 67 west based on wiki figures. So about 8k per club only

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Hagar the Horrible

Not enough has been made of Dundee utd,  Their managment team has all taken a wage cut, but as a colletive their players were asked to take a 20% cut, they said naw.

Also the SG has had to defend offering loans to top flight clubs, which the SPFL might take the decision to snub it?  talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.  This might inlude snubbing our Grants.  but even if they allow the grants, they might hold it to ransom to the clubs to ensure the top flight get a cut.  This needs to be taken out of the SPFL hands and clubs should deal with the SG directly.  They made an utter arse of the JA money.  Lets see how the lottery money will be audited???

highlandjambo3
35 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

less than 10k per club on my quick arithmetic. This is money for  clubs in the pyramid below Scottish League 2, of which there are more than 150 including 67 in the west who aren’t actually playing league football at the moment but do seem to be included in this handout.

edit: actually 164 clubs in all, 17 lowland, 17 highland, 49 east, 14 south and 67 west based on wiki figures. So about 8k per club only

Ah ok......I was counting (so called) professional clubs only 

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Norn Irn going into full lockdown for 6 weeks  We could too, theirs starts on Boxing day

It's certainly possible, although as far as I can see, cases per head of population, as well as the R rate, seem to be significantly lower in Scotland than in NI. I do think that at the very least, a lot of, if not all, areas of Scotland will be moved into higher tiers in January, or even immediately after Christmas. Personally, I think footy will continue, but I suspect that for a while, no part of Scotland will be in tier 1, so no clubs will be able to have any fans at games. 

24 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Not enough has been made of Dundee utd,  Their managment team has all taken a wage cut, but as a colletive their players were asked to take a 20% cut, they said naw.

Also the SG has had to defend offering loans to top flight clubs, which the SPFL might take the decision to snub it?  talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.  This might inlude snubbing our Grants.  but even if they allow the grants, they might hold it to ransom to the clubs to ensure the top flight get a cut.  This needs to be taken out of the SPFL hands and clubs should deal with the SG directly.  They made an utter arse of the JA money.  Lets see how the lottery money will be audited???

Dundee United are looking to sign players in January.

Including a striker despite having 6 in squad already.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

He's one of their highest IQ supports. Most just grunt. 

Hagar the Horrible
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee United are looking to sign players in January.

Including a striker despite having 6 in squad already.

Criminal they want their player to take a cut so some other players can come in, wont be asked to take a cut on day one, and these guys will compete with the ones they already have.  I would be saying NO as well, the club has to come first but not if its taking the piss

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of my first midweek games was in that season in a League Cup game against a very decent Morton team (including Mark McGhee, Andy Ritchie and Neil Orr). 3-0 to the famous with 2 from Bannon and a Busby pen after Bannon was denied a hat trick when the goalie rugby tackled him.

There was a small but noisy group of Morton fans at the Gorgie end but they got quickly ‘dispersed’ at the start of the second half when the boys from the ‘refreshments’ moved round in the way you could pre fencing and segregation.

So I suspect this fans recollection from that era is correct even though I don’t remember us being that bothered at only being promoted as runners up.

6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

One of my first midweek games was in that season in a League Cup game against a very decent Morton team (including Mark McGhee, Andy Ritchie and Neil Orr). 3-0 to the famous with 2 from Bannon and a Busby pen after Bannon was denied a hat trick when the goalie rugby tackled him.

There was a small but noisy group of Morton fans at the Gorgie end but they got quickly ‘dispersed’ at the start of the second half when the boys from the ‘refreshments’ moved round in the way you could pre fencing and segregation.

So I suspect this fans recollection from that era is correct even though I don’t remember us being that bothered at only being promoted as runners up.

Given it had been our first ever relegation I'm sure anyone knew what to think. Overall we weren't in a great position as a club. 

It was Dundee, Morton and Hearts that season. The games at Tynecastle were big games. Start of the yo-yo years.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

I'd be surprised if it looks any different. It was 40 years behind the rest of the planet then. 

No idea if it looks any different.

I do though.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That Thomas Weir's twitter account...utter deviant.

Haha - that went down a rabbit hole. 20K and lord knows what his phone bill must have been calling her, when he could have found her doing the full naughty on a grot site for free and donated the money to his club. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone needs to jog this clown's memory, if he thinks that smashing supporter's bus window was an exclusive pastime of the Gorgie area of Edinburgh. It went on all over the country, including the sleepy, little, friendly town of Greenock.

I can't remember us being all that upset at not beating Morton to that Championship, because we got promotion as well. If any fans were going to be upset, it would have been Dundee's. They stayed down, very narrowly, despite getting an unexpected, last day, victory. At Cappielow.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

******* hell !!

"He said: "I'm not a stalker or anything like that."

He say's she is his frien.

That right there gave me the inspiration to have a deeper look, I read some stuff on the guy,

Not sure if i should type what i think here.

I have a lot to deal with but feel better about myself today after reading that.

That guy is going to do something bad to someone.

Just reading something about England saying the mass spending of over £1 billion on transfers over the summer went down very badly with the Government in terms of Covid support.

Will be the same in Scotland.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just reading something about England saying the mass spending of over £1 billion on transfers over the summer went down very badly with the Government in terms of Covid support.

I think quite a few here over spent in the summer thinking that they would have paying customers through the turnstiles before long. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct... and so it should be. 

The behaviour of the Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League this year, and the majority of clubs and their chairmen, has been absolutely staggering.

There has been at NO point, any time during the last 8 months, at which these clowns can hold their heads up high and say "we did the right thing there."

So disillusioned with Scottish Football right now... still! And still they want more money from the SG while castigating them over fans being allowed back into grounds... while the green brigade announce a staged 'support' outside Hamdump on Sunday. FFS. Our footballing institution is Scotland, as a whole, is a complete embarrassment.

Dundee must be struggling surely. They were apparently on the brink after their interruption insurance didn’t pay out. Since then they’ve signed the likes of Adam, Sow, Fontaine and Mullen who presumably will be on higher than average pay for the Championship. 

the best bit is they are still utterly sh1te

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

For the record  "I'm laura" and I've changed my mind. Please send the cash to ***********

Cheers big boy, kiss 💋 😗 💏 

Hi Laura

50 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Correct... and so it should be. 

The behaviour of the Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League this year, and the majority of clubs and their chairmen, has been absolutely staggering.

There has been at NO point, any time during the last 8 months, at which these clowns can hold their heads up high and say "we did the right thing there."

So disillusioned with Scottish Football right now... still! And still they want more money from the SG while castigating them over fans being allowed back into grounds... while the green brigade announce a staged 'support' outside Hamdump on Sunday. FFS. Our footballing institution is Scotland, as a whole, is a complete embarrassment.

TBF. Covid is the least of the green brigades worries!!

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Someone needs to jog this clown's memory, if he thinks that smashing supporter's bus window was an exclusive pastime of the Gorgie area of Edinburgh. It went on all over the country, including the sleepy, little, friendly town of Greenock.

I can't remember us being all that upset at not beating Morton to that Championship, because we got promotion as well. If any fans were going to be upset, it would have been Dundee's. They stayed down, very narrowly, despite getting an unexpected, last day, victory. At Cappielow.

Greenock itself wasn't really a problem but Port Glasgow was when the A8 ran past the railway station and a graveyard instead of along the front as it does now.

4 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Bannon scored a cracker of a free kick that night. They got their revenge 5-3 in the league game that followed at Cappielow. I dont think many if any bus windows survived that day on that long road that ran parallel to the docks on one side and Cappielow on the other.

Only place the Germans bombed and did £30 million quids worth of improvements.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bannon scored a cracker of a free kick that night. They got their revenge 5-3 in the league game that followed at Cappielow. I dont think many if any bus windows survived that day on that long road that ran parallel to the docks on one side and Cappielow on the other.

Only place the Germans bombed and did £30 million quids worth of improvements.

I remember the 3-0 game well - 5/10/77. Busby won every header in midfield and always found a hearts player...that’s how I remember it anyway. 😎

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Let's be honest. The Hearts support in 1977/78 had a fair number of nutcases and while we had no exclusivity on bad behaviour, we had the worst reputation in Scotland at the time and it was well deserved. Why? Perhaps it was because Hearts had the biggest support in the First Division and we attracted an increased number of brave nutters because they didn't have to deal with the size of the Celtic and Rangers support? Frankly a lot of the behaviour from these idiots was shameful. In all my time travelling away this was the most challenging from a personal safety perspective. We were the big boys coming to town and because these clowns had created a reputation for us all the local village idiots came out to play and they were not selective on who they picked on - anyone wearing a maroon scarf was fair play. It dragged into the next season, culminating in the Hibs riot after which the segregation fence went up. Eventually most of the loonies drifted away but not before they had spoiled it for the rest of us who liked to change ends at half time. I'm glad that it is no longer like that.

18 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Let's be honest. The Hearts support in 1977/78 had a fair number of nutcases and while we had no exclusivity on bad behaviour, we had the worst reputation in Scotland at the time and it was well deserved. Why? Perhaps it was because Hearts had the biggest support in the First Division and we attracted an increased number of brave nutters because they didn't have to deal with the size of the Celtic and Rangers support? Frankly a lot of the behaviour from these idiots was shameful. In all my time travelling away this was the most challenging from a personal safety perspective. We were the big boys coming to town and because these clowns had created a reputation for us all the local village idiots came out to play and they were not selective on who they picked on - anyone wearing a maroon scarf was fair play. It dragged into the next season, culminating in the Hibs riot after which the segregation fence went up. Eventually most of the loonies drifted away but not before they had spoiled it for the rest of us who liked to change ends at half time. I'm glad that it is no longer like that.

We did have a wild crew attached to us in those yoyo days. Seemed to vanish once we got promoted and stayed up, thankfully. 

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I was a young skinhead at that time,everyone in the UK who was a loonie as you put it was rioting for one reason or another.

Hearts have a long history when it comes to working class roots violence, growing up up in those times brought the worst out in a lot of people.

Our bus windows were put in numerous times, even on the M8 at Harthill.

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

500k grant for championship teams. 

2 million loans for premier clubs. They won’t be happy. Thought would have been part loan part grants 

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

500k grant for championship teams. 

Sounds good.   But when will they receive the cash?  As Newton51 says Premiership teams won't be happy.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

2 million loans for premier clubs. They won’t be happy. Thought would have been part loan part grants 

What will this do to the accountants down in darkest Leith? Can we now call the SG a benefactor?

A fair bit of compensation for the shenanigans of the summer.

1 minute ago, RENE said:

Sounds good.   But when will they receive the cash?  As Newton51 says Premiership teams won't be happy.

May mind them to stop paying stupid wages AND bring in new players on the same in the middle of a pandemic!

Their navel gazing and puffed up pompous self importance will do for them. Feck them. 

Lets's try that again:
£55m government breakdown
- Premiership clubs to each receive £1.67m in loans
- Championship cubs to each receive £500k in grants
- League 1 clubs to receive £150k each
-League 2 clubs to receive £100k each
- Highland/Lowland league clubs to get £33k each

Scottish Government grant money likely to land with SFA in the New Year. With this, SFA has agreed to cash flow 50% of grant awards until they receive the dosh from Govt.

Just now, Rods said:

I certainly hope we are not going to be rejecting this cash. 

Yep.  As it's a grant we shouldn't be.

Dependent upon conditions, some Premiership clubs will need to think long and hard before accepting.

Personally think the SG have been smart here. Telling the top division, you shafted all those below you for your precious( but actually shitey) Sky deal, therefore we will give you a loan upto £2M which you will have to pay back. 

Those in the leagues below you will be given grants as their need is far greater than yours.

Maybe not one club, but you shit on them from a great height, so now you are reaping what you sow.

What Doncaster/Lawell have forgotten is that Heart of Midlothian have direct communication to the SG as confirmed by our CEO on Sportsound which was ignored by all and sundry on that programme at the time.

We do our business quietly out the limelight, like all good businesses should.

We dont give the SG veiled threats.

We work with, not against.

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

I think quite a few here over spent in the summer thinking that they would have paying customers through the turnstiles before long. 

Hibs tried to hypocritically call buying players "investing in growth" like they were a supermarket buying necessary stock - after they got flak for sacking a large number of staff and made the mistake of deferring wages and then being at the forefront of the queue with the begging can. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Rods said:

I certainly hope we are not going to be rejecting this cash. 

Why would we? We're in the Championship where they wanted us so we'll take what Championship clubs get.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was a young skinhead at that time,everyone in the UK who was a loonie as you put it was rioting for one reason or another.

Hearts have a long history when it comes to working class roots violence, growing up up in those times brought the worst out in a lot of people.

Our bus windows were put in numerous times, even on the M8 at Harthill.

By yourselves? :berra:

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, davemclaren said:

By yourselves? :berra:

No was Celtic fans in the Harthill services.

Hmm. Livingston and district Hearts supporters club.

One time traveling along the M8 probably Harthill services yet again, we passed a Hibs bus with it's windows panned in.

I am sure a few tried to boot the windows out our bus,, hanging out the back door as well.

Partick Thistle pissed on again by the Scottish football association.  One game in hand over Queen of the south but because season ended early they stay in championship and get grant of £500,000 while we get demoted and only get grant of £150,000

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We did have a wild crew attached to us in those yoyo days. Seemed to vanish once we got promoted and stayed up, thankfully. 

Famously Mita Copiers renewed their shirt sponsorship deal with a cancellation and refund clause for fan behaviour. 

No refund was necessary. 

Well, the season which HAD to finish early to ensure that Celtic won their 50th league title in a row is just about to end 7 months late to ensure that Celtic win their 43rd Scottish Cup in a row.

Seems fair enough to me.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )