SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Hagar the Horrible
35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

On your first point. The clubs, some of whom are now in financial jeopardy, cared not a jot about the financial implications for the 3 clubs, at a time when they all optimistically anticipated spectators being in grounds, as normal, by October. They were made very well aware of the inevitable redundancies of good people at those clubs, that would result from their actions in following through with the demotions. The demotions were executed, in part, to take an unfair sporting advantage or benefit from away fans of Hearts and Partick Thistle. It was self interest at it's worst.

Your second point would carry some weight, if it were not for the fact that we cannot trust the SPFL clubs to honour this season's results anyway. Their skullduggery of the summer has shown that they will manipulate any situation to suit their cabal of protectionism. They should have done the honourable thing for all clubs during the summer but decided to take advantage of a pandemic for their common agendas. We have to hope that Hearts stay top of the Championship to minimise their corrupt wriggle room.

On your third point. Hearts fans will support our club financially to get us through. This, along with having a leader in Ann Budge, for all her other errors of judgement in team decisions, called the long term damage that Covid 19 would do to Scottish football correctly. Whilst others, foolishly, tried to carry on as if all was going to be normal, she took difficult decisions, some of which drew hysterical critisism from the media and rival clubs. Some of the press coverage regarding Hearts, during the summer, was absolutely disgraceful, aided by numerous officials from SPFL clubs. It was spite and mob rule on a grand scale, kicking us when we were down.

So, please, forgive most of us for not giving a hoot about any of the clubs, who ganged up on us, falling into hard times. They didn't care about us, and many showed great enjoyment in what was happening to us in their name.

Maybe more scrutiny should be given as to how the man who steered the SPFL clubs to the abyss they are now looking into, is still earning his full £400+k. No word of him suffering any financial hardship from his stewardship of the SPFL in the midst of this financial meltdown.

I can just tell that this post might go on a bit while I type, sorry for this:  I am still eternally grateful when we went into Admin we found out a lot about other clubs when we were in pearl, but as this time it was affecting a lot of clubs and the drive , fallout and threats just to ensure Celtic had their title told us a story.  The Rangers dossier should have been that smoking gun, but as things are getting desperate, it might come back up again, certainly Stewart Robertson thinks there is still mileage in this…watch this space!!!

We were thrown overboard but somehow the current and winds took us to safety, while Covid ran their ship aground.  They wanted the maroon pound, but both covid and our reluctance for PPV has seen this as the great payback.

Some clubs should have mothballed but the lack of trust meant there might not be a league to come back to and clubs could have gone from the top flight to non-league in one move.

They all voted for this, it’s not the governments job to bail us out, it’s the SFA?SPFL to distribute the money equally.  ICT told us that the JA money which had no strings attached, but  they added their own strings.  The vote was to get the money and it was the only way.  Only now the TV money had to be paid back and guess what the urgency to get the vote done so as to ensure the money which is much needed still has not been paid out yet,  AB told you all of this, but you all though that covid would be good by October.

Where is celtic and their charitable origins in this? they got what they wanted, you helped them, now you need their help and ours, where is it?

I said months ago that football will get a forced reboot, its needs to model itself better, It should have a rainy day fund, well its pissing down now, It cannot over spend , overpay and allow the volume of money to leave the game to agents and the likes.

We are top of the league, its our title, give it over to us now, that’s how this works is it not?

To all those clubs who voted us down..,  where is your money Doncaster and Lawwell promised you?  Do you trust them for the grants?  All I can say the sooner you go bust, the more the pot comes to us.

We win the cup, we win the championship by default, clubs go bust,  2020 its not going to be forgotten is it?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm terribly worried that it's going to be a long, harsh winter for most of the clubs who voted to expel us.  Some may not survive.

What a shame.

It is and it will certainly spoil my Xmas.

49 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

On your first point. The clubs, some of whom are now in financial jeopardy, cared not a jot about the financial implications for the 3 clubs, at a time when they all optimistically anticipated spectators being in grounds, as normal, by October. They were made very well aware of the inevitable redundancies of good people at those clubs, that would result from their actions in following through with the demotions. The demotions were executed, in part, to take an unfair sporting advantage or benefit from away fans of Hearts and Partick Thistle. It was self interest at it's worst.

Your second point would carry some weight, if it were not for the fact that we cannot trust the SPFL clubs to honour this season's results anyway. Their skullduggery of the summer has shown that they will manipulate any situation to suit their cabal of protectionism. They should have done the honourable thing for all clubs during the summer but decided to take advantage of a pandemic for their common agendas. We have to hope that Hearts stay top of the Championship to minimise their corrupt wriggle room.

On your third point. Hearts fans will support our club financially to get us through. This, along with having a leader in Ann Budge, for all her other errors of judgement in team decisions, called the long term damage that Covid 19 would do to Scottish football correctly. Whilst others, foolishly, tried to carry on as if all was going to be normal, she took difficult decisions, some of which drew hysterical critisism from the media and rival clubs. Some of the press coverage regarding Hearts, during the summer, was absolutely disgraceful, aided by numerous officials from SPFL clubs. It was spite and mob rule on a grand scale, kicking us when we were down.

So, please, forgive most of us for not giving a hoot about any of the clubs, who ganged up on us, falling into hard times. They didn't care about us, and many showed great enjoyment in what was happening to us in their name.

Maybe more scrutiny should be given as to how the man who steered the SPFL clubs to the abyss they are now looking into, is still earning his full £400+k. No word of him suffering any financial hardship from his stewardship of the SPFL in the midst of this financial meltdown.

Top post. Well said sir.

42 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I can just tell that this post might go on a bit while I type, sorry for this:  I am still eternally grateful when we went into Admin we found out a lot about other clubs when we were in pearl, but as this time it was affecting a lot of clubs and the drive , fallout and threats just to ensure Celtic had their title told us a story.  The Rangers dossier should have been that smoking gun, but as things are getting desperate, it might come back up again, certainly Stewart Robertson thinks there is still mileage in this…watch this space!!!

We were thrown overboard but somehow the current and winds took us to safety, while Covid ran their ship aground.  They wanted the maroon pound, but both covid and our reluctance for PPV has seen this as the great payback.

Some clubs should have mothballed but the lack of trust meant there might not be a league to come back to and clubs could have gone from the top flight to non-league in one move.

They all voted for this, it’s not the governments job to bail us out, it’s the SFA?SPFL to distribute the money equally.  ICT told us that the JA money which had no strings attached, but  they added their own strings.  The vote was to get the money and it was the only way.  Only now the TV money had to be paid back and guess what the urgency to get the vote done so as to ensure the money which is much needed still has not been paid out yet,  AB told you all of this, but you all though that covid would be good by October.

Where is celtic and their charitable origins in this? they got what they wanted, you helped them, now you need their help and ours, where is it?

I said months ago that football will get a forced reboot, its needs to model itself better, It should have a rainy day fund, well its pissing down now, It cannot over spend , overpay and allow the volume of money to leave the game to agents and the likes.

We are top of the league, its our title, give it over to us now, that’s how this works is it not?

To all those clubs who voted us down..,  where is your money Doncaster and Lawwell promised you?  Do you trust them for the grants?  All I can say the sooner you go bust, the more the pot comes to us.

We win the cup, we win the championship by default, clubs go bust,  2020 its not going to be forgotten is it?

Superb

Neil Dongcaster
46 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

:robboyas:

4 hours ago, newbie said:

Aren't two separate issues being conflated here?

Firstly, I totally understand and share the feeling of resentment towards the majority of other clubs for their treatment of ourselves, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. Surely though its the financial effects of the pandemic that are threatening clubs such as Morton this season, not which division Hearts, Partick & Stranraer were unfairly placed in? Put another way, with little or no income, Morton (and others) would be struggling regardless of whether we were in the Premiership or the Championship.

Secondly, it's a bit myopic to wish for the demise of the opposition if their demise results in Hearts having no competitors to play against. If half the clubs (or should that be operating companies?) from each of the Premiership and Championship folded a third of the way through the season, do you seriously think our football authorities, with their track record, would successfully, smoothly and promptly amalgamate the remaining solvent clubs into one top division?

Finally, it ought to be remembered that while we are undoubtedly better placed than most thanks to our owner, benefactors, FOH etc, we are far from immune to the financial ramifications of the pandemic ourselves, especially since our overheads and loans etc are considerably higher than the likes of Morton, and are commensurate with a club of our size.  

Have a kick Hearts when we're down and you'll never get a fair hearing from me again.

**** them all.

Ex member of the SaS

I do feel sorry for the clubs and fans should any club go under due to a pandemic that has nothing to do with football.

DO I F&^%! HELL MEND THE SHORT SIGHTED B£%^$&( !

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Poetry....

Is it actually going to happen?

Are they going to go bust and die? Im not getting my hopes up. Scottish football is mostly always a disappointment. Especially recently. 

Excellent post Hagar.  Can I add the word Karma.  We read that the clubs who effectively voted for Celtic are in dire financial straights and Celtic are in crisis with their fabulous supporters in revolt.

If that wasn't enough, Rangers wait for a trophy continues thanks to St Mirren.  They managed to lose the one game they couldn't afford to lose.

Glorious day here and I'm in extremely high spirits.  I'm taking on my 9 year old grandson at mini golf later on and I'm going to thrash him.

Gorgie Boot boy

Everyone misses watching the football team play, some have maybe fallen back in love with the Club after years of misery.

The restrictions have gave us a very special bond, we all come together here to support the club.

Thank you JKB  for all your work.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

I must say it gives me great joy to read about the plight of these clubs who threw us under the bus and to read the excellent response of many of you to someone who wants to defend these rats!

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Well said........

my round, what are you having?

I'll have a wee single Malt. But you're fine, I've got a nice bottle here.😉

26 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Everyone misses watching the football team play, some have maybe fallen back in love with the Club after years of misery.

The restrictions have gave us a very special bond, we all come together here to support the club.

Thank you JKB  for all your work.

It's the members who make JKB what it is - més que un fòrum de fans :D 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Boof said:

It's the members who make JKB what it is - més que un fòrum de fans :D 

In the virtual world JKB rules ok.

We the fans acknowledge them for having this site .

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Is it actually going to happen?

Are they going to go bust and die? Im not getting my hopes up. Scottish football is mostly always a disappointment. Especially recently. 

I don't doubt that a lot of clubs are struggling, but I'd be surprised if any can't manage to scrape enough money together to keep going for at least another three or four months. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't doubt that a lot of clubs are struggling, but I'd be surprised if any can't manage to scrape enough money together to keep going for at least another three or four months. 

Hearts will be funded for years to come.

Pleasing.

Given that most of England is in tier three now and back to football behind closed doors, does anyone think Cormack, Doncaster and CJGJ will take a wee break from slating the Scottish Government?

No, me neither! 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hearts will be funded for years to come.

Pleasing.

Indeed. And hibs might not, which might be even more pleasing!

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Indeed. And hibs might not, which might be even more pleasing!

**** that mob

:clyay:

This has been typed up to give neutrals an insight but it is also a great read if you just want a laugh

Edited by Longbaws

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Used to have a great laugh going to Port Glasgow, near 40 years ago now.

shitehole.

6 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

This has been typed up to give neutrals an insight but it is also a great read if you just want a laugh

I almost regret banning those Morton boys now for trying to troll us. 

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but I have just seen that the N.I. Government is implementing a 6 week lockdown starting on the 26th December including the stopping of all sports at all levels.

With the madness of allowing people to mix indoors for 4 days it is almost certain that we will end up with similar restrictions in January to help the NHS to cope over the worst of the winter months.

I don't have a clue what would happen if our leagues were suspended for 6 weeks and I would be amazed if Doncaster has a clue either as you surely couldn't expect someone on the measly salary of £400,000 a year to come up with a solution.

6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

No doubt.

Would reconstruction have made any difference though? In most cases, no.

As you say honesty, teams should have said they would need to mothball for a complete season, they were scared to admit it.

Plus this has went on longer than expected.

I understand the resentment and felt that way too at first. But I will admit, I've scabbed and paid Alloa, Morton & East Fife.

I want to watch Hearts, end of.

Alloa and Morton were both on Hesgoal for free

5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Sheer poetry HTH. I’ll add in the post script of  ‘ take your medicine’  to your post if that’s ok? 

Has anyone got a list of clubs that donated to our cause back in 2013 including clubs that gave a percentage of the gate receipts back to the club/fundraisers? 

1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

CorruptRegularGalah-small.gif

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

Was there not a Morton fan on here saying it didn't matter if we never gave them money as they were financially secure

Looks like he’s been launched, didn’t answer my question that if the club goes bust their coach load of fans might not get to buy them next summer 😆

magicjohnston
25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"The playing and coaching staff were asked to reduce their wages this year to assist the club. All players agreed to do this. They are a credit to Morton."

Would be interested to get tam McManus' take on the quoted part, since he was previously so up in arm's when we asked players to do the same... suspect his opinion will be the same when his beloved Hibs did it...bellend. and also f morton

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Given that most of England is in tier three now and back to football behind closed doors, does anyone think Cormack, Doncaster and CJGJ will take a wee break from slating the Scottish Government?

No, me neither! 

The doors of football grounds, in Scotland, will be firmly shut for the rest of this season.

It looks very much that this pandemic is going to hang around for a while yet.

Here is an example of how some Scottish football fans make it easy for the SG to keep rejecting any notion of fans in grounds. Celtic fans are planning a crowd to turn up at Hamden to give their team “support” for the cup final. Do they have any brains, and who do they think they are impressing?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, sinks said:

Alloa and Morton were both on Hesgoal for free

A huge problem is the pricing .£5 a game would be a great earner.

Hesgoal and others do not help the issue.

Hearts could sell any amount of season tickets they like as there are no fans admitted into grounds.

A simple name change for the season ticket sorts it out.

A potential goldmine that a lot of clubs fail to see.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6422019/scotland-clubs-financial-blow-sfa-slash-payments/

SFA CUT 

Scotland’s cash-strapped clubs hit with financial hammer blow after SFA slash player breakthrough payments

SCOTLAND’S cash-strapped clubs have been hit with a financial hammer blow by the SFA.

SunSport can reveal a decision has been made by the Hampden top brass led by chief executive Ian Maxwell to slash payments made when young players break into first teams.

Clubs are currently rewarded whenever one of their Academy kids progresses through the ranks. It’s known as Measured Performance Outcomes and operates on a points system — with almost £800,000 dished out last season.

The cash is a vital source of income as well as a major incentive for managers to blood their best youngsters.

But the SFA, who have spent the last few months threatening to stop the money being paid out, have now come to their hardline decision.

Maxwell led a major financial review with 18 employees stunned to be told last month they were being made redundant.

As exclusively revealed by SunSport, Performance Director Malky Mackay was axed as part of their cost-cutting cull.

Now it’s money paid out to Scotland’s clubs that has been scrapped.

The SFA delivered the news yesterday by sending official confirmation that the agreement will stop in 2021.

They vowed to continue making other Club Academy Scotland payments — which totalled almost £2m last season — but revealed the crucial MPO money will stop.

In a letter sent to clubs, Maxwell said: “As you are aware, 2020 has been a challenging time.

“The inability to allow spectators to attend matches had significant implications for clubs and the Scottish FA.

“Our CAS games programme has been restricted and the SFA Board agreed not to audit CAS clubs against standard criteria whilst ensuring 2020 fee payments were maintained.

“As we look to our 2021 financial forecast we are once again feeling the impacts of Covid-19 on a variety of fronts.

“We have been forced to review our 2021 club distribution mechanisms.

“As you are aware, clubs in the CAS programme benefit from both CAS and MPO payments each year.

“Grant payments relating to CAS will continue for 2021 but unfortunately we are unable to confirm any MPO fund for 2021"

Hagar the Horrible
11 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Sheer poetry HTH. I’ll add in the post script of  ‘ take your medicine’  to your post if that’s ok? 

You are more than welcome!!!!!!

SectionDJambo

I wonder how much of a pay cut the likes of Maxwell, Doncaster and Petrie have taken to try to minimise any redundancies of their staff at Hampden.

I would imagine that if they were to get another go at our disciplinary meeting for going to court, the fine would be substantially more than the £2,000, if I recall correctly, that they handed out. They must miss Romanov for a source of the free money they made up rules to get.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I wonder how much of a pay cut the likes of Maxwell, Doncaster and Petrie have taken to try to minimise any redundancies of their staff at Hampden.

I would imagine that if they were to get another go at our disciplinary meeting for going to court, the fine would be substantially more than the £2,000, if I recall correctly, that they handed out. They must miss Romanov for a source of the free money they made up rules to get.

I still think it hilarous that our CL refused to pay their fine, they kept doubling it,  Craig still refused,  The peiman paid it out his own pocket (the origonal fine)and Craig got the Scotland job.

Now would have been a better time, thay have no money to contest it

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Well, they won't have taken any pay cut. It doesn't work that way. Hearts maybe intentionally or unintentionally knew the implications of pulling Partick in because 2k I am sure was set with their finances in mind. 

The Romance fines were pure spite as he could see what they were all about after 5 minutes in the country

12 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but I have just seen that the N.I. Government is implementing a 6 week lockdown starting on the 26th December including the stopping of all sports at all levels.

With the madness of allowing people to mix indoors for 4 days it is almost certain that we will end up with similar restrictions in January to help the NHS to cope over the worst of the winter months.

I don't have a clue what would happen if our leagues were suspended for 6 weeks and I would be amazed if Doncaster has a clue either as you surely couldn't expect someone on the measly salary of £400,000 a year to come up with a solution.

The whole country is going to be in virtually full lockdown January to March. 

As already said Cormack and Dempster can demand what they want. 

18 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The clubs that helped us during Administration made token gestures. Say £2000 sharing gate receipts. They didn't do anything that meant any big affect on their own business. 

Hagar the Horrible
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The whole country is going to be in virtually full lockdown January to March. 

As already said Cormack and Dempster can demand what they want. 

Norn Irn going into full lockdown for 6 weeks  We could too, theirs starts on Boxing day

Niemi’s gloves
15 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Norn Irn going into full lockdown for 6 weeks  We could too, theirs starts on Boxing day

No sport in NI for six weeks, not even “elite”. Well, in all honesty the top level in football in NI is hardly elite. I’d worry that in Scotland the SPFL/SFA would try to horse-trade a pause in all football below Premier level in return for the Premier league being allowed to continue. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )