SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I expect that the 300 limit will be raised soon.  I recall Jason Leitch on "Off the Ball" and saying that if the pilot games went well then he expected that the limit would be raised with each successive game, from 300, to 500, to 700, to 1000, to 1500 and so on.

I think that they should all stop bleating about fans at games,people are dying ffs,IMO it seems to be the clubs who might be sailing close to the wind that are whining especially that twat at the sheep trying to tell experts what should happen,Tough shit I say if you had cut your cloth according to the situation you'd be okay .This may be a lesson for those clubs who have overspent ,if you go out of business,don't blame covid have a long hard look in the mirror and think what makes a football club more important than getting rid of this plague , people's lives are more important get over it

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

15 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think that they should all stop bleating about fans at games,people are dying ffs,IMO it seems to be the clubs who might be sailing close to the wind that are whining especially that twat at the sheep trying to tell experts what should happen,Tough shit I say if you had cut your cloth according to the situation you'd be okay .This may be a lesson for those clubs who have overspent ,if you go out of business,don't blame covid have a long hard look in the mirror and think what makes a football club more important than getting rid of this plague , people's lives are more important get over it

But Aberdeen would actually lose money by letting fans in as they would need more stewards to control the flow of fans, more police in case other fans turn up, no catering etc etc

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But Aberdeen would actually lose money by letting fans in as they would need more stewards to control the flow of fans, more police in case other fans turn up, no catering etc etc

I think they will know this and much of the bleating, from all the moaning clubs, is just to placate their supporters. They have to make it look like they are making every effort to get their main income stream up and running before they (perhaps) go bust. They can then blame the Scottish Government, even the UK one, as well as Covid for their demise*. Will make them look, and feel, that bit better when the dust settles.

*Or even just much reduced circumstances.

On 28/11/2020 at 11:18, buzzbomb1958 said:

So all those clubs in England where the covid figures are greater than Edinburgh are simply risking lives by playing in front of fans ?...total tosh and the only reason fans are not allowed in some areas of Scotland is made up nonsense by our FM...She is a disgrace on this matter.

Watching fans in the Emirates tonight makes such a difference and those fans have to do the same as we would have to yet they're cleared to do this and if science is the answer why are we diff from England on this matter

We all know its nothing to do with science simply a pathetic SNP government pandering to it's leader

Edited by CJGJ

On 27/11/2020 at 17:44, magicjohnston said:

Craig Levein laying it out. People can say what they like about Levein, but he certainly calls it correct.

Was originally Murray that controlled the media and Scottish football, now it's lawell, taking his turn.

Wish both clubs would implode

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-claims-celtic-nine-23079927

Respect to CL

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So all those clubs in England where the covid figures are greater than Edinburgh are simply risking lives by playing in front of fans ?...total tosh and the only reason fans are not allowed in some areas of Scotland is made up nonsense by our FM...She is a disgrace on this matter.

Watching fans in the Emirates tonight makes such a difference and those fans have to do the same as we would have to yet they're cleared to do this and if science is the answer why are we diff from England on this matter

We all know its nothing to do with science simply a pathetic SNP government pandering to it's leader

yep, they are risking lives, there is a reason why the Uk has the highest recorded deaths in Europe and that the # of deaths is well above the 5 year average and most of England is in lockdown. nothing to do with the FM if you stop the politics Who do you think should be liable if someone dies for a COVID related death as a resul5 of attending a game

On 28/11/2020 at 11:42, frankblack said:

Any bet that Lawell is getting the SFA to find some new way to fine Hearts for Levein's statement like they changed the rules to target Romanov?

Don’t think this will happen as CL is not affiliated to Hearts.

as right as CL is, the SMSM will ignore or belittle his thoughts and class as sour grapes.

I get teams with big followings / domestic success will get very little scrutiny from local media...but jeez...the bigot brothers are an absolute goldmine for any journalist surely... I can only surmise that journalists who do pick the scab are scared shitless of the consequences of doing so 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

yep, they are risking lives, there is a reason why the Uk has the highest recorded deaths in Europe and that the # of deaths is well above the 5 year average and most of England is in lockdown. nothing to do with the FM if you stop the politics Who do you think should be liable if someone dies for a COVID related death as a resul5 of attending a game

Who is responsible if the person goes to the Gyle and contracts the disease ?

Life is full of risk and no one is saying you have to go but you should have a choice and again please explain why thousands go to the Gyle and do not observe 2m spacing and are indoors as well as travelling by public transport in their hundreds and thousands ?

There is no logic in her position and that is a fact

oh well if you say its a fact, it must be a fact,

read the excellent Spanish guide to the virus spread and environments and a basic guide to risk management and se of your facts are still facts, your original post suggests your view son the FM are stronger than your grasp of science.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

oh well if you say its a fact, it must be a fact,

read the excellent Spanish guide to the virus spread and environments and a basic guide to risk management and se of your facts are still facts, your original post suggests your view son the FM are stronger than your grasp of science.

Please explain why people can go to the Gyle and yet not to a sporting occasion if it is based on science and like the FM you will be unable to.

You mention science so is the science different in Scotland as opposed to London ?....we are the same country at present

It is the inconsistency I hate and the lies that are peddled by our politicians to try and justify their actions

I give up, its complex and detailed, I've guided you in the direction, you can either read  and make informed reasons or not. no the science isn't different in London and England & thats why they are making an arse of it, I live the science daily mate & dealing with the consequences. im out

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Please explain why people can go to the Gyle and yet not to a sporting occasion if it is based on science and like the FM you will be unable to.

You mention science so is the science different in Scotland as opposed to London ?....we are the same country at present

It is the inconsistency I hate and the lies that are peddled by our politicians to try and justify their actions

Let's say that the scientists and the government have determined a certain level of risk is acceptable.  Schools open, shops open, virtually all people able to work normally and the counter is limits on household mixing, hospitality closed, mass gatherings not allowed, travel restrictions etc.

OK you want football grounds opened. What do you stop to keep the overall risk at the same level?  Close schools? Close non essential shops?

What's your choice(s)?

20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This is straying off football somewhat, but I’m guessing your stance is much more to do with your dislike of the FM than any sensible approach to limiting the effect of COVID. Are you advocating a Trump-style hands off? Or is it the ‘protect the vulnerable’ approach? If so, how do you suggest that is achieved?

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Let's say that the scientists and the government have determined a certain level of risk is acceptable.  Schools open, shops open, virtually all people able to work normally and the counter is limits on household mixing, hospitality closed, mass gatherings not allowed, travel restrictions etc.

OK you want football grounds opened. What do you stop to keep the overall risk at the same level?  Close schools? Close non essential shops?

What's your choice(s)?

I ask once more why are fans allowed in England and not in Scotland...the science is the same is it not or do you know something we don't

This is down to our FM not science and that is what is wrong....politicians pretending they are using science but when questioned refusing to answer or making decisions not based on science but to suit themselves.

For some reason you seem to think going to a match would increase the risk and I do not....the same people going to a match will go to work, shops etc etc and as I asked before when outdoor is safer than indoor according to the science why are people allowed to go to shopping centres indoors, by bus for example.

Going to a match would be safer than going shopping which you seem happy to accept for some reason.

Perhaps you can explain the 300 figure allowed at some grounds and the medical background to that figure....none of course it's just a made up figure to make her feel better and to try and show the public she is trying to help but she and her puppet medical assistant refuse to answer when questioned re the science.

Truly I despair at anyone believing she is truly acting under 'science' and not winging it as she feels like or to suit her politics......for example she will do anything to avoid Glasgow and Edinburgh being under a major diff in levels and its nothing to do with science

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I ask once more why are fans allowed in England and not in Scotland...the science is the same is it not or do you know something we don't

This is down to our FM not science and that is what is wrong....politicians pretending they are using science but when questioned refusing to answer or making decisions not based on science but to suit themselves.

For some reason you seem to think going to a match would increase the risk and I do not....the same people going to a match will go to work, shops etc etc and as I asked before when outdoor is safer than indoor according to the science why are people allowed to go to shopping centres indoors, by bus for example.

Going to a match would be safer than going shopping which you seem happy to accept for some reason.

Perhaps you can explain the 300 figure allowed at some grounds and the medical background to that figure....none of course it's just a made up figure to make her feel better and to try and show the public she is trying to help but she and her puppet medical assistant refuse to answer when questioned re the science.

Truly I despair at anyone believing she is truly acting under 'science' and not winging it as she feels like or to suit her politics......for example she will do anything to avoid Glasgow and Edinburgh being under a major diff in levels and its nothing to do with science

In the same way as she mentioned rangers fans when talking about the behaviour of celtic fans

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How many friggin times. Read the stuff I directed. Why are you assuming they are following the science in England? They haven’t done so far.

It’s clear this is about yer politics. Give it a rest and a thought for those dealing with the consequence of thinking like yours. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

How many friggin times. Read the stuff I directed. Why are you assuming they are following the science in England? They haven’t done so far.

It’s clear this is about yer politics. Give it a rest and a thought for those dealing with the consequence of thinking like yours. 

Given I have a family member who has gone through Covid in hospital I think I am able to to discuss the issues and am well aware of the consequences

Seems we agree they are not following the science so there is no reason why people cannot attend a football match providing they take precautions

14 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Bizzare. You clearly don’t know the science or risk management or public health. You do hate the Fm though

And why not? 😄

SectionDJambo

I have a strong suspicion that the problem that the SG has with people inside football grounds is their perception that football fans cannot be trusted to behave and follow rules. The scenes outside Parkhead at the weekend certainly won’t have helped that perception. We saw scenes when Celtic got their asterisk title, during the summer, of people gathering in substantial crowds outside Parkhead.
People smoking in toilets in football grounds, which has gone on since the smoking ban was introduced, is another example which can easily be given as to how some football fans are unwilling to follow rules designed to protect other people’s health. 
The specific problem that Celtic and Rangers have, is the following they have from all over Scotland, meaning increased risk of travel through restricted areas. 
In the same way that the SG don’t feel, whether rightly or wrongly, that pub and restaurant customers can’t be trusted to follow the social distancing rules, they clearly don’t trust football fans. They seem to like, even less, being publicly criticised by the SPFL and SFA, who themselves have shown little responsible or fair leadership to their member clubs throughout the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

You're deliberately choosing to ignore the historical behaviours of OF fans - and you haven't mentioned the recent rent a mob behaviour by Celtic fans.

For starters, Celtic have proved they cannot control the Green Brigade to the extent they banned some of them - and even so these clowns continue to rack up massive fines for the club (how many times have Celtic been fined by UEFA - a dozen times ?). 

In simple terms, that's the  simple reason why NS will not allow football any time soon. England doesn't have anything like the problems with football fans that Scotland/Glasgow does. This isn't a political decision, it's a public health issue dealing with  a potential menace to public health. 

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but this reads like unionist crap 

Dave Cormack said he canvassed 16.5k fans and they all promised to follow every protocol to watch a game.

Yeah, some of the dregs in their support (e.g - Neil Simpson t-shirters, smashing Durrant's knee) are going to be model covid citizens from the moment they wake up until they get back home again.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Dave Cormack said he canvassed 16.5k fans and they all promised to follow every protocol to watch a game.

Yeah, some of the dregs in their support (e.g - Neil Simpson t-shirters, smashing Durrant's knee) are going to be model covid citizens from the moment they wake up until they get back home again.

I think one of the major problems in us getting fans into the grounds in Scotland lies with two Glasgow teams.  

Everyone (hopefully) behaves like model citizens.

And then we score a goal.

I just don’t believe it’s possible to control a large number of football fans when the ball goes in the net.

I believe the SPFL  are insisting Celtic fans get the new vaccine before front line workers.

However  Jason Leith has said they must have their rabies shots first.

Edited by colinmaroon

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I just don’t believe it’s possible to control a large number of football fans when the ball goes in the net.

I think the Celtic fans have conclusively blown the Model Citizen argument out the water!!

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

No eating or drinking for 2 days before games. No need for toilets. 

Arrive in 10 minute slots. First need to go in 6 hours before kick off. 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Seemed ok down south this week. 

I think Hearts fans would be alright. I also think Aberdeen and hibs etc would be fine. 
However, like in every aspect of Scottish society there are elements in the West that continually refuse to accept the law or even decent moral standards apply to them. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

That's a bit like saying Xmas should be cancelled after canvassing 16,500 turkeys.

It’s ok we will follow the “science” that others think is happening down south  and just let “high value” supporters in. Where that leaves Aberdeen, who knows 😂

9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That's a bit like saying Xmas should be cancelled after canvassing 16,500 turkeys.

I do understand clubs and their views about fans and comparisons with other industries such as shopping malls and non critical retail being open, indoor and outdoor and so on.

But Cormack is starting to become a right pain in the arse and doing more harm than good, and no doubt being briefed by Douglas Ross in an agent provocateur role.

Last week he was comparing football crowds and grannies at Bingo.  Dave pal, conduct is similar.

Now asking for 1000, then 2000 crowds at Pittodrie.  Aberdeen is heading more towards L3 than L1 which allows any fans back in.

Edited by DETTY29

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I believe the SPFL  are insisting Celtic fans get the new vaccine before front line workers.

However  Jason Leith has said they must have their rabies shots first.

Thats exactly what he was inferring last week when he suggested to Scottish Government about using Premiership grounds for Vaccine hubs.

The local community will not benefit from it. It will be in the following indiividuals in this order

Players and officials

55k ST holders

The Goon Brigade

The Programme sellers

The Burger fans

Rebel pubs in Springfield Road

And only then the local care homes, nhs staff and all other weegie locals might get it if there are any left

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I agree with everything you say. It is more about the politics of division and being different rather than science. It seems that there are lots of people who are perfectly happy with this, which does nothing other than encourage it.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I do understand clubs and their views about fans and comparisons with other industries such as shopping malls and non critical retail being open, indoor and outdoor and so on.

But Cormack is starting to become a right pain in the arse and doing more harm than good, and no doubt being briefed by Douglas Ross in an agent provocateur role.

Last week he was comparing football crowds and grannies at Bingo.  Dave pal, conduct is similar.

Now asking for 1000, then 2000 crowds at Pittodrie.  Aberdeen is heading more towards L3 than L1 which allows any fans back in.

Indeed, though my point was just to highlight the ludicrous nature of canvassing people who clearly want exactly the same thing you (Cormack, that is) do and then using it as proof that everything will be just fine and dandy. I very much doubt, though, that there's any great desperation to get 1000/2000 fans back into any club's ground, just a need to appear to be concerned about the supporters (ST holders) missing out.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Really?  You think we will, any time soon?

Glamorgan Jambo

Never mind the SG not trusting the fans if I was in the position that Leitch is I would have zero confidence in the capabilities of the leadership of the game (Doncaster and Maxwell) and the fact that Cormack still submitted a request on Aberdeen's behalf knowing full well it would be refused shows they are more interested in playing to the gallery than serious collaboration.

highlandjambo3

I await the door to door selling scams for the vaccine which is bound to happen.....the criminal element will stoop to new lows as always but,  FFS some people will actually be gullible enough to be tricked by this.

Short answer.

Bucky swigging fitbaw fans simply cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

Nothing to do with politics, despite what some of our more deluded posters would have us believe! 

29 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Short answer.

Bucky swigging fitbaw fans simply cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

Nothing to do with politics, despite what some of our more deluded posters would have us believe! 

Agree, it is as simple as that!

Jurgen Ross down at the Methodrome is pure ragin that Killie and St Mirren have had points deducted and Motherwell getting six points.

For this reason I am chortling despite feeling like **** with a cold 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Jurgen Ross down at the Methodrome is pure ragin that Killie and St Mirren have had points deducted and Motherwell getting six points.

Jurgen Ross 😂

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I await the door to door selling scams for the vaccine which is bound to happen.....the criminal element will stoop to new lows as always but,  FFS some people will actually be gullible enough to be tricked by this.

The gags going round just now though.

You don't trust what is in the vaccine but can go through 20 Iceland square sausages in a day that cost a pound.

🤣

gorgie rd eh11
23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He wisnae pure ragin when Motherwell were denied the 3 points at easter road earlier in the season by a dodgy decision.

13 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

He wisnae pure ragin when Motherwell were denied the 3 points at easter road earlier in the season by a dodgy decision.

Having some bother taking his medicine?

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )