SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I thought you had to have brains to be a student at university.

Throwing large groups of people together in halls of residence, it was inevitable that outbreaks would occur.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I can't agree on thr last part tbh. 

The only Labour mp in Scotland for example is Hearts and very pro Brittish. 

Holyrood not Westminster.

Going slightly off topic for a moment. I've been hearing that Doncaster is actively looking for a job in England (with the FA ?). Certainly one of the governing bodies.

Anyone else heard anything ?  I wouldn't want to waste money on a Christmas card. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Holyrood not Westminster.

Still find it hard to believe, most are aligned with the Union, feck their leader is English and many are members of lodges. 

Anyway, hard to prove either way, I agree the OF do have influence at high levels, but I don't think any government would be having 10,000's of thousands at football games or anywhere else just now Tbh, even the tories recignize that as political suicide if not in the best interests of the public. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Going slightly off topic for a moment. I've been hearing that Doncaster is actively looking for a job in England (with the FA ?). Certainly one of the governing bodies.

Anyone else heard anything ?  I wouldn't want to waste money on a Christmas card. 

Isn't there a vacancy down Lochend way he could apply for

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still find it hard to believe, most are aligned with the Union, feck their leader is English and many are members of lodges. 

Anyway, hard to prove either way, I agree the OF do have influence at high levels, but I don't think any government would be having 10,000's of thousands at football games or anywhere else just now Tbh, even the tories recignize that as political suicide if not in the best interests of the public. 

The trouble for Doncaster, his cabal and the rest of the clubs within his protection racket, is that their backer, the playground bully if you like, has got someone new in his playground, with greater power and influence, who can't, and won't, be bullied.

The SG are not going to take the chance of allowing fans inside Scottish football grounds, other than smaller ones in low risk areas, anytime soon. They are not going to open up a ground where "home" fans travel from all over Scotland to their club's ground. That would be madness under the current concerns about infection early next year. So that definitely rules out Celtic and Rangers.

Supposing they agreed to keep entrance restricted to local fans, the SG will know that the baying masses that follow them, would try to overcome and break the agreed rules. They have plenty of previous for cloning tickets, showing no concern for the safety of others. So, ironically but beautifully, the very thing that gives Celtic and Rangers their power in Scotland, the religious bigotry that attracts their morons nationwide, is going to hurt them through this.

31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Heard a couple of weeks ago he was in line for job with FA.   Never heard anything  more.

10 minutes ago, RENE said:

Heard a couple of weeks ago he was in line for job with FA.   Never heard anything  more.

Yeah, pretty sure there was something on the BBC about it IIRC. Maybe they've now done their homework and thought... :4_1_72: feck that!

From back in October - 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8845867/SPFL-chief-Neil-Doncaster-radar-job-EFL-David-Baldwin-resigns.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Hagar the Horrible

Its been what the best part of a week now that the DEMAND from Doncaster voiced clearly by Liewell, and my anger and astonishment have not abated, Neither is the willingness of the SMSM to act as the mouthpiece.  Its like Fox news and Rudi Giuliani acting on behalf of that fruitcake Trump.

It is clear that Celtic is the ones in big trouble, the TIAR is as good as over, their Thellik man who is wan-o-them has lost the dressing room and the plot.  I just hope he is in charge at the cup final and gone the day after!!!  Mad Phil Three names still going on about the Sevco finances yes after 7 years of predicting a demise, they are still here, if they survive next year and covid, they aint going naewhere! Even he has called for NL to go.

The Doncaster demand met by a small flutter of the hand by the first minister which stated run along nicely little boy left Neil walking back to Hampden with a petted lip scuffing his shoes.  The First Minister has agreed along with the 3 other quarters of our great nation to relax for a few days at Christmas,  New Year will be a write-off but ho-hum,   England are coming out of lockdown too early and there will be a cost in numbers rising which is a cost that’s not a problem so long as it’s somebody else that’s paying.  Scottish football will sacrifice your Grannies life so long as they get their green pound.

The FM has more or less stated that the 3 house bubble will be OK but just because its allowed, please don’t.  She is risking a political backlash if she does not allow this as we think Christmas is a price worth paying.  The cost of this will be huge and we will end up shut down in January all at level 4,  Then we will need the vaccine to be distributed and the number falling PDQ.

All I want from Santa is news that one or more clubs are about to go bust, I will be like a giddy 7 year old getting my first bike.  A cup win will be like getting a PS5 on top of that.

The desperate diatribe from Doncaster of the Death-knell of diddy clubs does spark a glimmer of hope he for once may be right.  The Armageddon threat proved to be the first of the big lies.  The calling of the season was a lie, the TV money was a lie, The need for the SG to allow fans in to me comes across as a cover up for something else, they tried to obtain bailouts and no that it would spark a political backlash bigger the King Herod holding a national crèche, so now a pathetic attempt to twist the arm of the SG   The clubs needing the TV money to get by has somehow been delayed????  Hmm is that because they once again lied to clubs?

Doncaster handling of the crisis and where we are at this juncture and the storm that’s about to hit land like a collision of faeces against a desk top cooling system.  It’s like the cubicle sales manager finally getting up the courage the day after thanksgiving and pushed by his wife to confront the big pointy haired boss to ask for a much deserved pay rise.   He has prepped his approach a thousand times in his head,  He gets to the bosses office and hands over the obligatory bottle of whisky, a key lime pie which his wife has made and hands over his sales figures and tries to get a word in edgeways but the boss is not listening, he hands over the sales presentation to his secretary who just sticks it in the bin, the Boss says thanks but does not even get his name right.  The secretary puts the bottle of whisky besides the 30 others, she opens and looks at the pie and has a face like she has just discovered a skid mark on her face cloth, she takes it to the coffee station and scrapes it into the bin.  On the way back to his desk, still a bit punch drunk, he passes the office intern who is celebrating a huge promotion and a bonus to go with it while the maintenance guy screws the interns name plate with a whitened smile onto the door of the corner office our hero has always coveted. While the boss not only gets the interns name right he congratulates him on becoming the youngest senior sales manager in the company,  The pointy haired boss walks back to his ivory office cradling that 40 year old bottle of Maccallan the intern has just given him as his Christmas present. As our hero gets back to his cubicle he notices all his stuff boxed, he has to move back down a floor, while his replacement is handing out iced donuts to our heroes work mates and so called friends, who don’t even noticed he is still there.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

No they are not.

You have no idea of the very strong links between Celtic football club and the hierarchy of Scottish Labour.

Trust me if Scottish Labour ruled Holyrood, Celtic Park would be getting fans in.

Another example of Celtic Management being detached from their supporters , the vast majority of which will be SNP voters. Anything “anti British”/ pro Republican.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its been what the best part of a week now that the DEMAND from Doncaster voiced clearly by Liewell, and my anger and astonishment have not abated, Neither is the willingness of the SMSM to act as the mouthpiece.  Its like Fox news and Rudi Giuliani acting on behalf of that fruitcake Trump.

It is clear that Celtic is the ones in big trouble, the TIAR is as good as over, their Thellik man who is wan-o-them has lost the dressing room and the plot.  I just hope he is in charge at the cup final and gone the day after!!!  Mad Phil Three names still going on about the Sevco finances yes after 7 years of predicting a demise, they are still here, if they survive next year and covid, they aint going naewhere! Even he has called for NL to go.

The Doncaster demand met by a small flutter of the hand by the first minister which stated run along nicely little boy left Neil walking back to Hampden with a petted lip scuffing his shoes.  The First Minister has agreed along with the 3 other quarters of our great nation to relax for a few days at Christmas,  New Year will be a write-off but ho-hum,   England are coming out of lockdown too early and there will be a cost in numbers rising which is a cost that’s not a problem so long as it’s somebody else that’s paying.  Scottish football will sacrifice your Grannies life so long as they get their green pound.

The FM has more or less stated that the 3 house bubble will be OK but just because its allowed, please don’t.  She is risking a political backlash if she does not allow this as we think Christmas is a price worth paying.  The cost of this will be huge and we will end up shut down in January all at level 4,  Then we will need the vaccine to be distributed and the number falling PDQ.

All I want from Santa is news that one or more clubs are about to go bust, I will be like a giddy 7 year old getting my first bike.  A cup win will be like getting a PS5 on top of that.

The desperate diatribe from Doncaster of the Death-knell of diddy clubs does spark a glimmer of hope he for once may be right.  The Armageddon threat proved to be the first of the big lies.  The calling of the season was a lie, the TV money was a lie, The need for the SG to allow fans in to me comes across as a cover up for something else, they tried to obtain bailouts and no that it would spark a political backlash bigger the King Herod holding a national crèche, so now a pathetic attempt to twist the arm of the SG   The clubs needing the TV money to get by has somehow been delayed????  Hmm is that because they once again lied to clubs?

Doncaster handling of the crisis and where we are at this juncture and the storm that’s about to hit land like a collision of faeces against a desk top cooling system.  It’s like the cubicle sales manager finally getting up the courage the day after thanksgiving and pushed by his wife to confront the big pointy haired boss to ask for a much deserved pay rise.   He has prepped his approach a thousand times in his head,  He gets to the bosses office and hands over the obligatory bottle of whisky, a key lime pie which his wife has made and hands over his sales figures and tries to get a word in edgeways but the boss is not listening, he hands over the sales presentation to his secretary who just sticks it in the bin, the Boss says thanks but does not even get his name right.  The secretary puts the bottle of whisky besides the 30 others, she opens and looks at the pie and has a face like she has just discovered a skid mark on her face cloth, she takes it to the coffee station and scrapes it into the bin.  On the way back to his desk, still a bit punch drunk, he passes the office intern who is celebrating a huge promotion and a bonus to go with it while the maintenance guy screws the interns name plate with a whitened smile onto the door of the corner office our hero has always coveted. While the boss not only gets the interns name right he congratulates him on becoming the youngest senior sales manager in the company,  The pointy haired boss walks back to his ivory office cradling that 40 year old bottle of Maccallan the intern has just given him as his Christmas present. As our hero gets back to his cubicle he notices all his stuff boxed, he has to move back down a floor, while his replacement is handing out iced donuts to our heroes work mates and so called friends, who don’t even noticed he is still there.

Beautifully put. 

Can we sue the SFA for the loss of earnings for the European space the cup final would have brought us before they decided to give it away, anything to take money away from the currupt cooperation that is the SFA as well as the SPFL. 

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Fans have been back at Scottish football. 300 at Inverness last week and Ross County have had fans in at two games.

This is Doncaster once again being worked by his puppet master Lawell, who is desperate for supporters to be allowed back in at Celtic Park, not just hundreds or 2,000. Lawell will be after a minimum of 10,000.

Celtic are cursing that it is a SNP government in Holyrood.

You're having a giraffe, right? 

There's no political party of any hue is going to permit a mass return to fitba for celtc fans, or any other club's fans for that matter, any time soon.

To do so would be an unmitigated disaster.

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Any chance you could e-mail this masterpiece to the 6th floor, Hampden?

There again it's likely to get stuck in their Win95 / MS Dos 3 spam folder  

3 hours ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Can we sue the SFA for the loss of earnings for the European space the cup final would have brought us before they decided to give it away, anything to take money away from the currupt cooperation that is the SFA as well as the SPFL. 

It’s up to the SFA to allocate Euro places. There’s no compulsion on them to reward the cup winners. 

magicjohnston

Craig Levein laying it out. People can say what they like about Levein, but he certainly calls it correct.

Was originally Murray that controlled the media and Scottish football, now it's lawell, taking his turn.

Wish both clubs would implode

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-claims-celtic-nine-23079927

3 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Craig Levein laying it out. People can say what they like about Levein, but he certainly calls it correct.

Was originally Murray that controlled the media and Scottish football, now it's lawell, taking his turn.

Wish both clubs would implode

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-claims-celtic-nine-23079927

Good to see him having the courage to speak out. He will get dogs abuse for it.

magicjohnston
6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Agreed. He'll certainly get abuse from all angles, and unfortunately probably from folk on here.

But it would be great for others to have the balls to speak up.

I have no doubt lawell's influence made the season play out the way it did

Hagar the Horrible

CL 100% bang on the money. Fans of other clubs criticising him shpuld hang their heads in shame as being part if the problem

Fans can attend games in areas in Tiers 0 and 1 in Scotland. Government has put on 300 fan limit. 

Aberdeen are in tier 2. So they have put in place plans to have 1000 at one game and 2000 at the following 2 games over Christmas. 

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

CL 100% bang on the money. Fans of other clubs criticising him shpuld hang their heads in shame as being part if the problem

Very difficult to criticise a man who's telling the truth.

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fans can attend games in areas in Tiers 0 and 1 in Scotland. Government has put on 300 fan limit. 

Aberdeen are in tier 2. So they have put in place plans to have 1000 at one game and 2000 at the following 2 games over Christmas. 

I expect that the 300 limit will be raised soon.  I recall Jason Leitch on "Off the Ball" and saying that if the pilot games went well then he expected that the limit would be raised with each successive game, from 300, to 500, to 700, to 1000, to 1500 and so on.

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen cases seem to be rising so not convinced they will   remain in tier 2.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Aberdeen cases seem to be rising so not convinced they will   remain in tier 2.  

I still don't know of anyone who has had it

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You should be very grateful. A few people at my work have had it, one quite serious. 

Re Aberdeen, it is a good thing to have plans in place for when fans are allowed back but moaning in the press will not win favour with the SG. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

You should be very grateful. A few people at my work have had it, one quite serious. 

Re Aberdeen, it is a good thing to have plans in place for when fans are allowed back but moaning in the press will not win favour with the SG. 

Curious by Aberdeen.

Maybe an American based owner doesn't think Covid is such a big deal.

See what happens.

Edited by Mikey1874

Levein absolutely bang on the cash about what happened. The SPFL’s new biggest fans (Sellick and H1B5) who, prior to March thought they were orchestrating some anti-cafflik conspiracy, will be all over that. 

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

Levein absolutely bang on the cash about what happened. The SPFL’s new biggest fans (Sellick and H1B5) who, prior to March thought they were orchestrating some anti-cafflik conspiracy, will be all over that. 

Well said Craig. Can't knock a man that tells the truth.

Levein is correct. 

The league was called to give Celtic a ‘title’.

The Scottish cup wasn’t called to give Celtic a ‘treble’.

Simple as that.

Well done CL for what he came out and said, it's what we all know, I wonder if this closes many doors for future positions in Scottish football?

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

He will, but I honestly think he's past caring.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, gator said:

Well done CL for what he came out and said, it's what we all know, I wonder if this closes many doors for future positions in Scottish football?

I doubt if there were many open for him but you get the feeling the BBC won’t be calling on him so much from now on. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

He will, but I honestly think he's past caring.

Yes I think you’re right. He never did play the sycophant game with regard to the uglies though. 
about time someone called it for what it is - unlikely to see any back up of his position in the Scottish press though. 
rancid

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Been to a couple of funerals by weblink....it's real.....!

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

my daughter got it in halls at uni (was a nap),  and my brother and his wife caught it (they have no idea where from). All ok.

additionally I know one through my folks who died from it. 
Its very real believe me. 
my brothers very into his fitness and still feels lethargic after 3 weeks from isolating.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Been to a couple of funerals by weblink....it's real.....!

Not a question its not real. Heard of one guy that may have had it work, in over 1000, no friends no family nobody at golf. Extend that out, Aberdeen must be one of the lucky ones 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

my daughter got it in halls at uni (was a nap),  and my brother and his wife caught it (they have no idea where from). All ok.

additionally I know one through my folks who died from it. 
Its very real believe me. 
my brothers very into his fitness and still feels lethargic after 3 weeks from isolating.

For all we know,  we could have had it. We have 2 sets of friends who work at ARI been very low all year,  but they are far more concerned now 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Well said CL.

Definitely 

He is a very divisive character with Hearts fans, but he always sticks up for our club and he has stuck his neck out with this, but he is only saying what we are, pretty much, all saying.

Everything in Scottish football is defined by what the Scottish sports media have the courage to challenge. Which, in the case of the religious bigotry that provides both Celtic and Rangers with their power, exclusively in Scotland, is nothing. 
What is worse, is that the Scottish sports media are, predominantly, complicit in allowing a shameful power base based on religious bigotry to continue unchallenged.

It used to be a bit of a laugh decades ago. It’s an embarrassment now.

Did he say this at the time?

His view may be spot on but it’s irrelevant now and just comes across as bitter.

Will be ignored because everyone has moved on, stopping briefly only to point and laugh at our predicament and our angry fans who will flock back with their wallets open at the first opportunity next season. 

Diadora Van Basten
12 hours ago, Whatever said:

Levein is correct. 

The league was called to give Celtic a ‘title’.

The Scottish cup wasn’t called to give Celtic a ‘treble’.

Simple as that.

And if there was any doubts the old firm was the final game in the round of fixtures to give Celtic the best chance of playing in front of fans.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

And if there was any doubts the old firm was the final game in the round of fixtures to give Celtic the best chance of playing in front of fans.

Didn't you hear the fixtures guy, on the radio during the summer, telling us that some guy in America does the fixtures using a random, unbiased algorithm on his computer? Only traditional,seasonal, fixtures locked in.

It was surely just by sheer chance that Celtic's home fixture against Rangers came to be the last one of the round of fixtures for the first time ever.

Two things came from that.

If a guy in America does the fixtures, what does the SPFL fixtures guy at Hampden do? 

How stupid do they think the, non old firm sucking up, football public are? The Scottish sports media were stupid and corrupt enough to believe it, but that comes as no surprise.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )