SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

The questions have already been answered. None of the Clubs want to “Give the SPFL” ANY POWER as they cannot be trusted. 

The questions should be “what should the rules be given the following circumstances which are then set in stone so they can’t be selectively adapted to suit their corrupt agenda. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Hagar the Horrible

St Mirren have been accused by the SPFL of breaching Covid-19 regulations in the build-up to postponed matches against Motherwell and Hamilton Accies

Hagar the Horrible

St Mirren  say they "will defend this robustly".

The SPFL had launched an investigation after the games were called off because Covid cases left St Mirren without sufficient fit players.

A board sub-committee, chaired by an independent legally-qualified chair, will meet on 10 and/or 11 November.

Kilmarnock already faced a similar hearing - which has now also been confirmed for the same day - after their game against Motherwell on 3 October was postponed following an outbreak caused the entire squad to self-isolate.

The Ayrshire club have also vowed to prove they "haven't done anything wrong" against a charge that could lead to them and St Mirren forfeiting the points for the respective games.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

*   What would be a sufficient number of points for one arse cheek to be in front of another arse cheek for the league to be validly called?

Not 4 with 24 to play for that's for sure.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If games are forfeited and the league gets called on PPG, I assume those forfeited games count?

Ha...I think we can be fairly confident that zero thought will be given to that until after the event...

Sponsored walks to challenge the fact that a team has been relegated on PPG even though the team surviving didn’t even play the game anyone???

Probably thought him leaving would change their outlook.  Then realised it didn't matter because fans wont be back until sometime next year.   Almost like a Rod Petrie manoeuvre, at least he said he was taking a break though and not quitting.

Sorry edit:  🐀🐍

Edited by HMFC01

BREAKING: Rangers confirm George Edmundson and Jordan Jones have been suspended by the club for attending a party and breaching COVID regulations. An internal investigation will take place and both players will self-isolate for 14 days.

Wonder if they will use this as an excuse to sack Jones

6 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

BREAKING: Rangers confirm George Edmundson and Jordan Jones have been suspended by the club for attending a party and breaching COVID regulations. An internal investigation will take place and both players will self-isolate for 14 days.

Wonder if they will use this as an excuse to sack Jones

Probably it’s the Rangers way.If it had been one of their so called stars,you would never have heard a peep.

kingantti1874

tin hat on, these are questions the spfl must address.  Having answers in place that in place would have saved a lot of issues.. 

very simplistically in my opinion if 50% of the league season is complete or 1 home and 1 away fixture then the league should stand. I wouldn’t have been on this view last season but now the precedent is set and it has to be maintained

the scenarios and thresholds  in which the league would actually be ended, paused also have to be set out up front .. e.g an instruction from Scotgov, and that the league season(50%) of games must be completed by say mid July at the latest, that cup weekends will be lower priority than league fixtures .

we can’t have a situation again where the outcome is determined by who sits where in the league and a ridiculous voting structure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 02/11/2020 at 13:14, kingantti1874 said:

tin hat on, these are questions the spfl must address.  Having answers in place that in place would have saved a lot of issues.. 

very simplistically in my opinion if 50% of the league season is complete or 1 home and 1 away fixture then the league should stand. I wouldn’t have been on this view last season but now the precedent is set and it has to be maintained

the scenarios and thresholds  in which the league would actually be ended, paused also have to be set out up front .. e.g an instruction from Scotgov, and that the league season(50%) of games must be completed by say mid July at the latest, that cup weekends will be lower priority than league fixtures .

we can’t have a situation again where the outcome is determined by who sits where in the league and a ridiculous voting structure. 

Problem for the  SPFL quite a big one,  all they can do is make suggestions. 

Totally amazing,  all those clubs that shit on us in April don't want to commit now. 

****ing shitebags

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Problem for the  SPFL quite a big one,  all they can do is make suggestions. 

Totally amazing,  all those clubs that shit on us in April don't want to commit now. 

****ing shitebags

Yip. 

They all want to see where they are when the music stops before fighting like rats in a sack and ultimately choosing what clubs to shit on. 

Let's be proactive, nah **** that-

Utter shite bags- opportunistic cheating selfish *******s. 

Wait to see what benefits me first before voting, **** voting on a fair and reasonable solution now or handing power to a group. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

My take on the results are that the majority of the clubs have said "sorry but you made a complete james blunt of it earlier this year so no way are we giving you that power again", to me it's a total vote of no confidence for those in charge.

9 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

My take on the results are that the majority of the clubs have said "sorry but you made a complete james blunt of it earlier this year so no way are we giving you that power again", to me it's a total vote of no confidence for those in charge.

Nope, just pure and simple self interest coming to the fore yet again.

That and absolutely no trust in the top of the tree to act in anything other than the best interests of the Old Firm, primarily Celtic.

These rats are just looking out for themselves just like they did last season. I detest them absolutely detest them.  Robbie said he and the team uses the injustice to drive them forward which is a must. I must say I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of the hate I have for them or ever forget. Certainly never forgive. Rats the lot of them

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

They all want to see where they are when the music stops before fighting like rats in a sack and ultimately choosing what clubs to shit on. 

Wait to see what benefits me first before voting, **** voting on a fair and reasonable solution now or handing power to a group. 

This 100%. These clubs will vote for anything when/if they think they are 'safe'. Sod the rest. Nothing has changed.

... (apart from the few who actually want what's best for Scottish football, of course)

10 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Agreed!

It is self-interest and a statement of mistrust at the same time but it's the second IMO that's the most telling.

"If he is complicit in stitching up Hearts, we're not safe."

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Last time didn't happen like that.

There was no discussion. The SPFL/ Celtic put forward a take it or leave it final solution with the threat of no money. 

11 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

SPFL didn't have 'that power' last time. 

They put forward the solution of relegation/ promotion/ no play offs to a vote. 

11 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

SPFL didn't have 'that power' last time. 

They put forward the solution of relegation/ promotion/ no play offs to a vote. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There was no discussion. The SPFL/ Celtic put forward a take it or leave it final solution with the threat of no money. 

Exactly, Mikey. 

Why just one proposal? Why not put all possible solutions (null and void, resume like the EPL...) on the table and let the clubs vote on which route to take? 

An absolute feckin disgrace. 

Just now, martoon said:

Exactly, Mikey. 

Why just one proposal? Why not put all possible solutions (null and void, resume like the EPL...) on the table and let the clubs vote on which route to take? 

An absolute feckin disgrace. 

I would have (very reluctantly) accepted promotion / relegation with compensation if it had been properly agreed as a consensus of clubs. 

Instead we were just shafted. Vote was all about getting money to clubs when as well the money could have been distributed anyway. 

Very shabby way to do things. And nothing to indicate it will be any different this season.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I would have (very reluctantly) accepted promotion / relegation with compensation if it had been properly agreed as a consensus of clubs. 

Instead we were just shafted. Vote was all about getting money to clubs when as well the money could have been distributed anyway. 

Very shabby way to do things. And nothing to indicate it will be any different this season.

Basically, they want clubs to give them the green light to do exactly the same thing again - only, if they are given their 'special powers', clubs that get shafted can't complain or take them to court. That's all this exercise is about.

Glamorgan Jambo

I saw it being reported that Nicola Sturgeon commented that there was the possibility of some fans being inside grounds in Tier 1 regions fairly soon. That will be Ross County, Inverness CT and Elgin City if I'm correctly guessing.

Let's see how enthusiastically the SPFL/SFA grasp this opportunity. Seems the logical thing to do but never underestimate the narrow mindedness of the 'football authorities'.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It did. 

Doncaster didn't actually decide anything, he never does. He just administrates. 

The celtic influence is debatable. Teams were always going to vote to save their skin, think short term and not care about anything else. 

The clubs voted for what was best for them, plain and simple imo. 

Didn't are who else was shat on, even after the first vote there was ample opportunity to mitigate damage to clubs like ourselves and Partick, they still refused. 

If St Mirren and us were in reverse positions, they would have 100% voted differently, possibly even we would have. 

If rangers and celtic were reversed it would be the same. 

We might actually find out how clubs will vote again, but imo each club will see where they are before deciding what is best for them and giving some statement about there was no other option and it was the best solution, blah, blah. 

If it was / is the only and best solution, vote on it now. 

Have a solution in place in now. 

*******s 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It did. 

Doncaster didn't actually decide anything, he never does. He just administrates. 

The celtic influence is debatable. Teams were always going to vote to save their skin, think short term and not care about anything else. 

Didn't are who else was shat on, even after the first vote there was ample opportunity to mitigate damage to clubs like ourselves and Partick, they still refused. 

If St Mirren and us were in reverse positions, they would have 100% voted differently, possibly even we would have. 

We might actually find out how clubs will vote again, but imo each club will see where they are before deciding what is best for them and giving some statement about there was no other option and it was the best solution, blah, blah. 

*******s 

You're right, there should be a vote for a solution now. However, going on the SPFLs questions, it's not a solution they want... they want power to do whatever they/Celtic want.

They should have asked member clubs something like - 'Should it be impossible to complete a season, would you agree to call the league on PPG if 75% of games are complete, calling champions to the team at the top but no relegation?'... you know, something specific.

...as usual, this isn't what the SPFL want an answer to. They want POWER to do what THEY want. No questions asked. No fall out/court cases.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correction : the vote was all about securing the tims the league title ASAP.

The "getting money to the clubs" storyline was no more than a simple device to secure the vote of the greedy self interested clubs to ensure the Tim's got their way.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You're right, there should be a vote for a solution now. However, going on the SPFLs questions, it's not a solution they want... they want power to do whatever they/Celtic want.

They should have asked member clubs something like - 'Should it be impossible to complete a season, would you agree to call the league on PPG if 75% of games are complete, calling champions to the team at the top but no relegation?'... you know, something specific.

...as usual, this isn't what the SPFL want an answer to. They want POWER to do what THEY want. No questions asked. No fall out/court cases.

Yeah, give them an option. 

Tbh the sfa making it up is probably worse than the clubs making it up. 

Propose a solution or a choice of them, vot on the one that wil be implemented. 

No one can then moan later on, and although it may not suit every team it was planned in advance so without prejudice. 

highlandjambo3
On 29/10/2020 at 17:09, Hagar the Horrible said:

St Mirren  say they "will defend this robustly".

The SPFL had launched an investigation after the games were called off because Covid cases left St Mirren without sufficient fit players.

A board sub-committee, chaired by an independent legally-qualified chair, will meet on 10 and/or 11 November.

Kilmarnock already faced a similar hearing - which has now also been confirmed for the same day - after their game against Motherwell on 3 October was postponed following an outbreak caused the entire squad to self-isolate.

The Ayrshire club have also vowed to prove they "haven't done anything wrong" against a charge that could lead to them and St Mirren forfeiting the points for the respective games.

They can get to France......we said that and were told to stop squealing and take our medicine 

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I saw it being reported that Nicola Sturgeon commented that there was the possibility of some fans being inside grounds in Tier 1 regions fairly soon. That will be Ross County, Inverness CT and Elgin City if I'm correctly guessing.

Let's see how enthusiastically the SPFL/SFA grasp this opportunity. Seems the logical thing to do but never underestimate the narrow mindedness of the 'football authorities'.

If it does not benefit the uglies they will do nowt.

The Mighty Thor

In related news the SFA are greeting about a £4.5m shortfall in income and there most likely will be redundancies. 

Right up each and every one of them. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

In related news the SFA are greeting about a £4.5m shortfall in income and there most likely will be redundancies. 

Let's see if the future executive pay and blazers' perks are trimmed back to go with the redundancies of workers.

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Let's see if the future executive pay and blazers' perks are trimmed back to go with the redundancies of workers.

No gate money inbound in the near future and expenses galore from shipping all the hangers on across Europe. 

:glorious:

Anybody see an article suggesting the SFA are in serious financial trouble and have primed their staff to expect news of some significant redundancies fairly soon? Director of football Malky Mackay being in real danger.

King Of The Cat Cafe
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The SFA could cut their losses if they could find a sponsor for the Scottish Cup.

Any loose money in the JKB kitty? <_<

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

whilst it’s obviously sad and tragic for the normal honest staff that are likely to be affected it should be the top brass that are losing their jobs

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has accused the Scottish government of "double standards" over its reaction to Rangers players breaching Covid-19 protocols compared to its hardline stance over Parkhead full-back Boli Bolingoli. (Scotsman)

I'm sure Neil Doncaster could be a gent and take a substantial pay cut to save other jobs.

Will he? Probably not.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has accused the Scottish government of "double standards" over its reaction to Rangers players breaching Covid-19 protocols compared to its hardline stance over Parkhead full-back Boli Bolingoli. (Scotsman)

It takes a bit of skill to turn a pandemic into a Rangers/Celtic thing but Neil's the master of deflection and it should come as no surprise 🤷‍♂️

Captain Sausage

Problem is that the premiership teams will just pull the ladder up if possible. 

It’s all about self interest and there are at least 3 teams who will vote down any attempt to prematurely end the season because they’ll be at risk of being the unlucky team sat in 12th come any shutdown. 

So it’s probably in our interest for us to proceed with no plan and if/when a shutdown comes along, you’ll be left with one vulnerable team who will be shat on by the rest. 

As for Lennon/Celtic grievances re: Rangers players breaking Covid rules - I don’t get the outrage. Wasn’t the problem with Celtic and Aberdeen that the players broke rules then rejoined the squad? Whereas the rangers players were isolated before coming back into contact with the rest of the squad? Totally different problems surely. 

18 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

It takes a bit of skill to turn a pandemic into a Rangers/Celtic thing but Neil's the master of deflection and it should come as no surprise 🤷‍♂️

Exactly my thoughts. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

As for Lennon/Celtic grievances re: Rangers players breaking Covid rules - I don’t get the outrage. Wasn’t the problem with Celtic and Aberdeen that the players broke rules then rejoined the squad? Whereas the rangers players were isolated before coming back into contact with the rest of the squad? Totally different problems surely. 

Correct but I think that's a bit too nuanced for Lennon's wee brain to grasp. 

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It did. 

*******s 

"The celtic influence is debatable" ???

FFS 

21 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

More classic vicTIM behaviour from Lenny.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )