SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Latest Coronavirus per 100K of population stats - quite simply, the rate for both South/North Lanarkshire & Glasgow City are utterly outrageous. And absolutely no way Edinburgh should be any higher than Level 2. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54697094

18 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Simple way of doing it 

- 250 + into tier 4

- 125 to 250 into tier 3

- 50 to 125 into tier 2

- 0 to 50 into tier 1

Levels 1-3 are comparable with Tiers 1-3 in England in terms of restrictions applied. However, England's rates for entering Tier 3 are well in excess of those encountered in Scotland, e.g. Nottingham is just about to go into Tier 3 with a 7 day/100k rate of 443.7, which itself was down from the previous week's figure of an eye watering 677.4. 

England's Tier 1-2 boundary is 100.   Edinburgh is currently below 90, and heading downwards, but seems destined to start at Level 3.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

53 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Latest Coronavirus per 100K of population stats - quite simply, the rate for both South/North Lanarkshire & Glasgow City are utterly outrageous. And absolutely no way Edinburgh should be any higher than Level 2. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54697094

Wait until we see the numbers tomorrow. Sunday and Monday are always lower. 

50 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Simple way of doing it 

- 250 + into tier 4

- 125 to 250 into tier 3

- 50 to 125 into tier 2

- 0 to 50 into tier 1

Need to take into account other factors access to hospital beds and ICU and what level of operations being cancelled folk are willing to accept.

That may of course suggest CEC should be in 2 and Lanarkshire 4 of course.

Edited by DETTY29

Glamorgan Jambo

If the football authorities had half a brain they’d grab the opportunity to get some crowds in in Inverness, Dingwall and Elgin with both hands. By starting small and building a track record of, hopefully success, there would be more chance of some flexibility down the line.

Of course nothing will be done about this by the likes of Doncaster et al. They’ll release a few whinges via useful idiots like Keith Jackson and be continually surprised that their suggestions garner little support from the Scot Gov.

34 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If the football authorities had half a brain they’d grab the opportunity to get some crowds in in Inverness, Dingwall and Elgin with both hands. By starting small and building a track record of, hopefully success, there would be more chance of some flexibility down the line.

Of course nothing will be done about this by the likes of Doncaster et al. They’ll release a few whinges via useful idiots like Keith Jackson and be continually surprised that their suggestions garner little support from the Scot Gov.

Jason Leitch said on Saturday it was possible for Levels 1 and 0. Seems there will have to be more test events first. 

Hagar the Horrible
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jason Leitch said on Saturday it was possible for Levels 1 and 0. Seems there will have to be more test events first. 

Yeah but not for a long haul yet?

Did he say if you are in level 4 that contact sport must stop?  if so does that include the SPFL,  and should that not just be all the weegie sides??????

10 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Sadly for those clubs the SFA and SPFL only care about Septic and Sevco.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

A self promotional piece by him there. 

Tries to come across all godlike. 

Arse. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, kila said:

If CV19 were to hit Celtic, I wonder what happens if they were unable to play their Scottish Cup tie and when would they shoehorn the second attempt in.

This week could bring a couple of twists yet.

Covid could decide leagues, relegations, promotions and cups, it's a bit of a farce Tbh. 

It wil be funny if not us, but still a farce in general. 

Imagine this week us or hibs lose half a team to it, what if before the final that happens to a team? 

Even in the  he league, a team could be without several players for 2/3 league games, especially in our division as no ******* other team is testing. 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a crazy interview with the person responsible for making the stadium safe, like she had no idea what was going on in England just now. A fair percentage of their fans travel from other areas.  
Had the Bundesliga on and they mentioned the 300 fans, well spread out in that stadium. 
I’ve seen football from a few places now with little or no social distancing, imagine trying to get the fans of the uglies to do it. 
I think most of us have now accepted we might not see a game at all this season, and if it’s the case it might not just miraculously disappear for next season either. 
As a club we need to maximise revenue in whatever way possible, it will be a Hearts themed Xmas for my family anyway 😆

There is a thread in that somewhere. 

Will your family vote to throw you out the house, perhaps? 

I think it will take something very dramatic - like multiple games postponed - for the top two leagues to be curtailed. It all comes down to cash. Cancelled leagues mean refunds for the broadcasters, and with clubs already struggling thanks to no crowds, they'll be extremely reluctant to reduce their income even further. I'm pretty sure we'll limp through until May one way or the other. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is a thread in that somewhere. 

Will your family vote to throw you out the house, perhaps? 

My wife might if I get her Hearts PJs 😆.  I might well start a thread on that once we get this weekend out the way, good idea 👍🏽

Mid Calder Jambo

Barry Anderson reporting that 29 P/T staff being made redundant by Peterhead.  The first of many me thinks.  Feel sorry for the folk involved.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Barry Anderson reporting that 29 P/T staff being made redundant by Peterhead.  The first of many me thinks.  Feel sorry for the folk involved.

Just came on to add this. 

The reality starting to bite. 

On 27/10/2020 at 09:06, Smith's right boot said:

Covid could decide leagues, relegations, promotions and cups, it's a bit of a farce Tbh. 

It wil be funny if not us, but still a farce in general. 

Imagine this week us or hibs lose half a team to it, what if before the final that happens to a team? 

Even in the  he league, a team could be without several players for 2/3 league games, especially in our division as no ******* other team is testing. 

Yes, Scunthorpe just postponed next three games due to COVID. Wont be long before teams in our league have to do the same. 

Hagar the Horrible

Furlough ends Friday, the tier system is going to play havoc.  No fans, defered wages, its all going to bite.

Its sad that real people will lose their jobs, but clubs will die and good riddence something else will replace them when this is over and jobs will be created again, a forced reboot will be for the better.

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, Scunthorpe just postponed next three games due to COVID. Wont be long before teams in our league have to do the same. 

If this starts to happen (multiple postponements) then the points have to be forfeited, if a club is unable to field a team.

It would hit smaller clubs harder as they'd have smaller squads, but why should teams that have followed all the rules be penalised by teams like st midden who are clearly ignoring the rules

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just came on to add this. 

The reality starting to bite. 

Yes it will over the next few days. My son finds out over the next few days about his job. As I  said they are the first and will not be the last.

I would have thought, in all fairness, the SFA should have postponed these semi- finals until Celtic are in better form.  There's more than a chance Aberdeen will end their quadriple, quintuple, multiple and that would be grossly unfair.

3 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I saw this and the first thing that came to mind is how can such a small club have so many part time staff? I can only presume it’s match day staff so in principle part time meaning 1 or 2 short shifts per week. Turnstile operators, stewards, catering, etc. Still rotten for the people involved though. 

Mid Calder Jambo
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw this and the first thing that came to mind is how can such a small club have so many part time staff? I can only presume it’s match day staff so in principle part time meaning 1 or 2 short shifts per week. Turnstile operators, stewards, catering, etc. Still rotten for the people involved though. 

Will the playing staff, or some of them, not be part time there as well?  I dont know?

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Will the playing staff, or some of them, not be part time there as well?  I dont know?

I’d imagine they would have made a point of mentioning if it was players being cleared out. 

If only there was a vehicle that could have prevent all of this upcoming chaos.

Oh wait there was it was reconstruction. It may not have been AB reconstruction but some form of reconstruction should have took place.

There could have been a meeting on 1st of Ocotber with all the part time clubs and at that point they could decide who can play and who cant or wait till January etc.

A combination of selfishness and a board who only care about 1 fixture is going to cause havoc. 

I have sympathy for the people involved and hope they get employed somewhere quickly but equally I find myself thinking **** all the other clubs who decided to put their own self interest first and potentially put Hearts staff at risk.

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions now being asked of the 42 clubs by the SPFL

The opportunity to stitch us up yet again there for all to see.

highlandjambo3
35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Where did this come from? Is it genuine? 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Rods said:

If only there was a vehicle that could have prevent all of this upcoming chaos.

Oh wait there was it was reconstruction. It may not have been AB reconstruction but some form of reconstruction should have took place.

There could have been a meeting on 1st of Ocotber with all the part time clubs and at that point they could decide who can play and who cant or wait till January etc.

A combination of selfishness and a board who only care about 1 fixture is going to cause havoc. 

They could easily have had something like a 14 club top league, 14 club Championship and 14 clubs mothballing for a season. 

Many other potential solutions but their vision was blurred by greed and self interest. For some reason, they all assumed Covid 19 would have gone in time for them to take advantage of Hearts, Partick, Stranraer and others.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Third one down. I have read it several times and I don't see the relevance of the virus uncertainty. It is making decisions IN THE EVENT of a curtailed season.

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Third one down. I have read it several times and I don't see the relevance of the virus uncertainty. It is making decisions IN THE EVENT of a curtailed season.

The question may have been put in a the behest of the Board members from Hamilton, Alloa and Brechin so that they can see where their clubs stand later in the season. It would allow them the freedom to cast a vote in their own self interest, once again, rather than commit themselves now to a specific course of action.  

The last para - no way.

Moynihan QC in his legal opinion to SPFL for last season  said you cannot void the season because "it would be as though the season never happened " - and would mean amongst other things, clubs would be at risk of having to repay ST monies (and presumably sponsors too). There was a whole list of reasons put forward for not "voiding" last season because of the impact on TV money/sponsors money  for the SPFL board then - so what's changed in the last 6 months ? 

Moynihan ALSO said in the court case that football was all about promotion & relegation. SO no way is the season being voided, AB - tell Doncaster !! 

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The question may have been put in a the behest of the Board members from Hamilton, Alloa and Brechin so that they can see where their clubs stand later in the season. It would allow them the freedom to cast a vote in their own self interest, once again, rather than commit themselves now to a specific course of action.  

It certainly  seems a very loaded question. They could have said 'too early or never too early '

King Of The Cat Cafe

Celtic answers:

1: We already do that

2: Only for teams that have names that do not begin with C and end with C.

3: We will tell you when the time is right to take decisions.

4: Any time we are at the top of the table.

5: See answer 3, above.

6: See answer 1, above.

Geoff Kilpatrick

People whom you trust less than the mutant Doncaster....

...nope, can't find any.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People whom you trust less than the mutant Doncaster....

...nope, can't find any.

Borris 

Trump

H Shipman 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Very harsh

Nah, Doncaster is a dick but he's a football dick. 

Plenty worse out there. 

I have a total abhorrence to using bullet points for questions.   A list of questions should always be numbered.   Doncaster is a poor administrator. 

Absolutely ridiculous decisions on different scenarios weren’t made before a ball was kicked this season.

means the clubs can make their minds up again in their own interest and again Doncaster can hide behind members decisions or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, topsport said:

Absolutely ridiculous decisions on different scenarios weren’t made before a ball was kicked this season.

means the clubs can make their minds up again in their own interest and again Doncaster can hide behind members decisions or am I missing something?

The Board plays this role of the helpless onlooker yet lobbied hard through dubious means for their sick resolution to end last years leagues. Surely a route to more Board power would be to lobby for a change to the voting structure. Doncaster must wake up every day and laugh at the easy ride he gets from our media parasites despite being  knowingly part of the cancer in our game.

Edited by Riccarton3

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The Board plays this role of the helpless onlooker yet lobbied hard through dubious means for their sick resolution to end last years leagues. Surely a route to more Board power would be to lobby for a change to the voting structure. Doncaster must wake up every day and wonder at the easy ride he gets from our media despite being part of the cancer in our game

Being Liewell's puppet makes him untouchable in the eyes of the media

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Being Liewell's puppet makes him untouchable in the eyes of the media

Aye. Did a bit of editing for a more accurate picture

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

a couple of questions missing here I think.

*   What would be a sufficient number of points for one arse cheek to be in front of another arse cheek for the league to be validly called?

*   Would you agree that any decision that keeps  Hearts  in the Championship for at last one more season must, de facto,  be an appropriate decision.

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would have thought, in all fairness, the SFA should have postponed these semi- finals until Celtic are in better form.  There's more than a chance Aberdeen will end their quadriple, quintuple, multiple and that would be grossly unfair.

Expect an announcement on Saturday. Something to do with bad weather and those Hearts' huddies damaging the pitch or something along those lines.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )