SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SPFL will carry out an investigation 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-47055

CLUB STATEMENT: ST MIRREN V MOTHERWELL
 Saints News
 17 October 2020

"As a result we regret this has caused our game against Motherwell to be postponed.

I always thought that a game could only be postponed by the SPFL / Referee. So the SPFL have agreed to postpone this but based on what? Obviously I detest Liedown but there needs to be some clarity here. Surely they should have asked questions before postponing the game? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

It's only automatic in cup games.

Ah, right enough. Cheers.

Fingers crossed more and more of them continue to have to postpone games! 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

According to St Liedowns website they have 23 first team players and 7 in the reserve squad. Are they trying to claim only 12 players were available to play, with 18 players out? Sorry but this stinks and they should forfeit the game. Hard luck if they don't have strength in depths required.

Something’s amiss, probably be covered up on Lawells advice. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Something’s amiss, probably be covered up on Lawells orders. 

Ftfy

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Something’s amiss, probably be covered up on Lawells advice. 

Lawell will really need to concentrate on his other team as they are feckin atrocious 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Lawell will really need to concentrate on his other team as they are feckin atrocious 

They really are 😆😂

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

They really are 😆😂

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Lennon getting found out what we all knew, cheap, pish option 

The leak of the team sheet, on the back of their transfer targets last year shows someone if not multiple folk want him out. Gerrard has his number. No shots on target at home in any game is poor.  The Celtic fans are revolting, today more than usual 😆

7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

According to St Liedowns website they have 23 first team players and 7 in the reserve squad. Are they trying to claim only 12 players were available to play, with 18 players out? Sorry but this stinks and they should forfeit the game. Hard luck if they don't have strength in depths required.

Only the guys in the first team bubble can play in league games. Reserves can’t even train with first team at the moment. Reads like they had 11 of their first team squad either tested positive or self-isolating 

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only the guys in the first team bubble can play in league games. Reserves can’t even train with first team at the moment. Reads like they had 11 of their first team squad either tested positive or self-isolating 

Didn't know about the reserves, thanks, but as they only have 7 listed I'm not sure how they play anyway unless they can play in youth academy games.

How do they solve their problem with the first team? Make their bubble bigger, sign some out of contract player. If their squad isn't currently big enough to fulfill their fixtures then they forfeit games. 

Edit - not a dig at you, just that I hate St Liedown and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Didn't know about the reserves, thanks, but as they only have 7 listed I'm not sure how they play anyway unless they can play in youth academy games.

How do they solve their problem with the first team? Make their bubble bigger, sign some out of contract player. If their squad isn't currently big enough to fulfill their fixtures then they forfeit games. 

Edit - not a dig at you, just that I hate St Liedown and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Seems fair

Psychedelicropcircle

This is shaping up for a repeat of last year! We only have to remain at the top of the diddy league to avoid the fall out, st liedoon are back logging games in a tight timescale season, the vhictims who play a semi shortly whilst the tribute act will likely pull further ahead in the league. It’ll be PPG all over  The tim-plosion will be legendary 👋🏻

After end of last seasons shannanagings, htf have the SPFL not got procedures in place.

Everyone should know what happens if you cant play a game through Covid, or what happens if league has to be halted.

Still a joke.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

After end of last seasons shannanagings, htf have the SPFL not got procedures in place.

Everyone should know what happens if you cant play a game through Covid, or what happens if league has to be halted.

Still a joke.

I'm sure this board will make the best decisions for everyone and not just for their own clubs:

Steve Brown (St Johnstone), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Peter Lawwell (Celtic), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Gordon Thomson (Clyde).

At least 3 or 4 in danger of relegation if the season is called and one notable one that could lose out on all that matters to them in the world - 10 in a row. 

Unless Celtic start winning you can be sure null and void via an earlier shutdown will be on the table this time around.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 16/10/2020 at 11:16, Smith's right boot said:

Had to post this. 

I think it's relevant for here... 

FB_IMG_1602871705756.jpg

Tier 1: Boyce scores his penalty

Tier 2: Kingsley scores his first

Tier 3: Kingsley scores his second

King Of The Cat Cafe

I read in a newspaper recently that the top flight in England has given over £70m in grants and interest-free loans to clubs in other divisions.

Anyone know how much the top flight in Scotland has given their lower league counterparts?

On 17/10/2020 at 12:55, Carl Fredrickson said:

There is no way that the SPFL leagues will be played to an end this year. We must ensure we are at the top of the league when they get called. 

I would not be sure that they will call the leagues this time round!

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm sure this board will make the best decisions for everyone and not just for their own clubs:

Steve Brown (St Johnstone), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Peter Lawwell (Celtic), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Gordon Thomson (Clyde).

At least 3 or 4 in danger of relegation if the season is called and one notable one that could lose out on all that matters to them in the world - 10 in a row. 

Unless Celtic start winning you can be sure null and void via an earlier shutdown will be on the table this time around.

Exactly - we would get screwed twice!

LarrysRightFoot
14 minutes ago, Rods said:

The league’s will be played to a conclusion. It’s how they deal with individual games that is the issue.

If there’s no supporters for the full season and there are Covid outbreaks at lower league clubs over winter (which is likely) I doubt leagues will be played to a finish. 

Financial support is going to be needed.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

35 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If there’s no supporters for the full season and there are Covid outbreaks at lower league clubs over winter (which is likely) I doubt leagues will be played to a finish. 

Financial support is going to be needed.

Hhhhmmmm

It will be played to a finish. Lower league clubs unable to play due to financial issues will only have themselves to blame imo. They've received money from Anderson and should have budgeted for a full season without fans. 

17 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Hhhhmmmm

It will be played to a finish. Lower league clubs unable to play due to financial issues will only have themselves to blame imo. They've received money from Anderson and should have budgeted for a full season without fans. 

Some of these clubs are only professional in name. They should just throw the towel in and go amateur. 

LarrysRightFoot
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some of these clubs are only professional in name. They should just throw the towel in and go amateur. 

I hope no club goes out of business but it probably is the perfect to restructure Scottish football. But we won’t we will just keep kicking the can down the road.

And he’s not praying!
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

I hope no club goes out of business but it probably is the perfect to restructure Scottish football. But we won’t we will just keep kicking the can down the road.

I hope dozens go out of business.

😛

LarrysRightFoot
52 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Hhhhmmmm

Maybe they should have but if they can’t play or go out of business (depending on how many) the leagues won’t be able to continue.

13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Maybe they should have but if they can’t play or go out of business (depending on how many) the leagues won’t be able to continue.

What is different is the league has rules for teams when they're financially unable to complete as season i.e 15 point deduction for admin etc. So the league will be played out unless the halt of the league is because of government lockdown where suprisingly (or not suprisingly) the league had no rules over situations like that. I have no concerns if clubs in our league struggle financially that it would impact us getting promoted, it would not stop us being awarded points or them getting point deductions etc. The only issue comes if a lockdown prevents the games being played 

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I can think of half a dozen I would love to go out of business! They didn’t give a feck if Hearts went out of business when they voted to eject us out the league!

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Surely 3-0 forfeit games would kick in?

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I just don’t see it always being as straightforward as that - there are so many permutations to what could happen. What if we have played team X once more than Dundee and dropped points to them, team X then goes out of business and Dundee are awarded 3 points that could arguably win them the league - would that be fair? 

Also if we have another full lockdown, which has been suggested, I can’t imagine lower league football being immune - what happens to the calendar? I dare say it would again affect finances and teams ability to fulfill fixtures. 

part_time_jambo
40 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I just don’t see it always being as straightforward as that - there are so many permutations to what could happen. What if we have played team X once more than Dundee and dropped points to them, team X then goes out of business and Dundee are awarded 3 points that could arguably win them the league - would that be fair? 

Also if we have another full lockdown, which has been suggested, I can’t imagine lower league football being immune - what happens to the calendar? I dare say it would again affect finances and teams ability to fulfill fixtures. 

Yes, as long as it's Hearts being disadvantaged.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s only for cup ties. Could be their results are expunged. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

A simple solution would be to ignore the results from team X against everyone else in the league.

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s only for cup ties. Could be their results are expunged. 

642E7626-3436-4A3E-A846-96CB48B04F2E.jpeg

Hagar the Horrible
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It is, but it is decided by the ‘committe’ once the matter is investigated. 

And if that committee the result suits Brechin, Dunfermalline or Liewell then there wont be consistency.  What there will be is bad treatment and a wake up for those that enjoyed kicking us getting canabalised by their so call friends.

Liwewell will insist that Killie get a 3-0 turnover to assist his colt team

Dave Cormack moaning about Scottish Government refusing a 1000 capacity test event for Celtic game. 

He must think moaning will help. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave Cormack moaning about Scottish Government refusing a 1000 capacity test event for Celtic game. 

Cormack will have changed his mind about it in a couple of hours. Dick.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What part of nothing is opening up across the country just now and indeed more restrictions being put in place, does he not understand.

Hagar the Horrible
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aye but ken fit 300 in the last test went ok ken, so covid wont affect football fans at all?

Just because they got lucky, wont mean that it wont run out,  The virus is out of control.  BCD is better than 1 failed test event as that would shut down the game altogether.  There will be no fans in stadiums.  The government has not shut down your business.  In fact as it can be funded diferently by PPV then its not any governments job to waste the tax payers money keeping you afloat either.  In fact I I was a Paisley publican I woulkd be asking questions as to why I am shut when St Riddled can still travel around the country

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He must thinking moaning will help. 

Guy lives on a different planet, must have spent too much time with trump

Edited by Weebroon98

Allowayjambo1874
12 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

As previous posters have said all results from the club that goes out of business would be expunged, unsure whether it would show as 3-0 losses for every match or just wiped from the record books. 

LarrysRightFoot

Just thinking about this - since we are the only team testing in the lower leagues we are more likely to have to call off fixtures and therefore potentially have to forfeit games.

LarrysRightFoot
11 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

As previous posters have said all results from the club that goes out of business would be expunged, unsure whether it would show as 3-0 losses for every match or just wiped from the record books. 

If 2 or 3 teams can’t fulfil fixtures it could become farcical.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If 2 or 3 teams can’t fulfil fixtures it could become farcical.

I think that ship sailed around April time.

It was obvious then that the offer should have been to clubs to mothball for a season with the only question being what division they resume in.

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just thinking about this - since we are the only team testing in the lower leagues we are more likely to have to call off fixtures and therefore potentially have to forfeit games.

I think its the opposite. We can prove who has been in close contact.  Someone testing positive by the NHS is more likely to lead to rest of squad having to self isolate.

That's what happened with Forfar losing their league cup game 3-0 to Dundee. 

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think its the opposite. We can prove who has been in close contact.  Someone testing positive by the NHS is more likely to lead to rest of squad having to self isolate.

That's what happened with Forfar losing their league cup game 3-0 to Dundee. 

Potentially but I think it could swing both ways (oo er).

54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think that ship sailed around April time.

It was obvious then that the offer should have been to clubs to mothball for a season with the only question being what division they resume in.

St. Mirren and Kilmarnock can't fulfil fixtures on time because they can't afford to test enough of their players.

They have squads big enough to manage for now, but decide not to.

That imo has to be a forfeit breach.

Edited by DETTY29

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

St. Mirren and Kilmarnock can't fulfil fixtures on time because they can't afford to test enough of their players.

They have squads big enough to manage for now, but decide not to.

That imo has to be a forfeit breach.

Certainly seems clubs should be testing their youth players so they can be back up.

Again though SPFL haven't thought it through. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )