SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Aye cause there’s never been a rift during Anne’s tenure.

Im honestly worried now, because nothing I’ve seen from Budge gives me the confidence that she’s got the fire in her belly and the vitriol needed to fight this.

We can’t let this lie and if she tries to dodge going to court, which I don’t think she will; but if she does we as fans have to force her hand.

I agree there have been plenty issues recently. I’m concerned as well but I hope she’ll now take the hard line stance the fans deserve. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

We should have started proceedings weeks ago, I’m afraid. 

Absolutely.  The French and Belgians have done it the right way, we’ve made a Jeremy Hunt of it.  

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

No it doesn't.

The 11-1 is for all financial matters and total membership of the League.

They can introduce a 14 team SPL because they have and always have had the power to do so, because it's not a reserved matter.

The 11/1 can’t be changed unless it’s voted through.  What’s that got to do with financial matters exactly? 

5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Personally I would like to see Hearts apply to join the Northern Conference league and make our way through the English pyramid system. Scottish football as far as I am concerned is finished.

Time for a lie down!

Probably won't be the popular opinion given who our opponents are, but I'd back the club pulling out the cup. Afterall the season is finished. Why should we fill hampden for the sfa to get a pay day. God knows what squad we'll left with now. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

He could now turn around and say that he has made a mistake in supporting this, and withdraw his funds. It was a no catch offer but if he is one of our major benefactors, this has to stick in his throat

It was by no means a bribe but considering his values...they've just shit in his face.

10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m surprised Neil Doncaster said there was enough support last week.

That has made him look even more foolish. He seems to like that look.

Devastated.

Simply devastated, not sure who I'm more angry with, the selfish clubs who have done this to us, or the supposedly ITK muppets amongst us, who clearly knew **** all, and have made ^^^^ of the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, heartened said:

Reconstruction aside.

The 10 championshp clubs have agreed to a shortened 27 game season. I assume we are included in this. I would like to know if we agreed to this or whether we were a dissenting voice. I would be very disappointed if we agreed to it rather than outvoted. If we agreed to that could this affect compensation claim?

Didn’t have to. It had 8 yes votes.

1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

This bbc documentary is going to be something else. 

It’s going to be a complete disaster.  

:gok:

What an almighty mess. 

Let's hope we don't lose in court aswell!!

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The subtler message being conveyed here is many clubs do not believe we will go to court. 

*win in court

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I'm not normally one to have a go as I appreciate any updates folk can give; but 16 out of 42. That's pretty ******* damning. 

The sufficient support comment wasn't ITK... That was from the SPFL Board themselves!!

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The subtler message being conveyed here is many clubs do not believe we will go to court. 

A lot of them probably haven't realised what paying compensation means. 

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Patrick and Stranraer as well completely played.  We need to now fight rough via the courts.  However I suspect Doncaster will have another trick up his sleeve to delay us again, he just needs to get to releasing the fixture list I think and he might believe that the SPFL are in the clear.  We cannot fall for anything now, up and at them Ann.

Why do people think that releasing the fixture list will have any bearing on a court action?

Just now, Last Laff said:

It’s going to be a complete disaster.  

Might work to our favour and get sympathisers on board elsewhere. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s a hard time for sure. We’ll get things right on the park and be back in the top flight soon. Ann has the. Han e to galvanise the support and create a siege mentality. Hopefully she’s game. 

Ironically this will have such a galvanising effect on our club for many years to come.    That said, absolutely stunned at the number of no votes given the context.    Scottish football is rotten to the core.     I hope and expect to see a different AB now as the era of diplomacy is over.    We, should take this all the way and not seek any compromise agreements and damn the rest.    That says I'd love to see us join up with PT and Stranraer re legal action. 

6 minutes ago, gavin1985 said:

All boxes ticked for court papers, we can't say we tried to resolve it before taking action. Time to burn the SPFL to the ground. Cause as many clubs to go to the wall as possible!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53048903

Why does this keep getting stated. We didn't need to tick any boxes as proven by the outcomes of the Belgian and French court cases. 

We should have been in court weeks ago! 

Edited by flem

Will we find out the names of these clubs that have voted against reconstruction?

I really would hate to give any of them a bean by mistake.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Got to give the man his dues. He's got some huge brass balls on him. Must be an excellent poker player!

Time he was called. Potential £8m on the table, although tbf it's not his money! 

We_are_the_Hearts

Take this to court or walk Budge. You got us in this mess so do everything to get us out. A lot of FoH and ST money will be lost if you don't make the right move now. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think you understand the sequence to be honest 

Im sure Doncaster does.  There’s a lot of legal experts on here that just assume Doncaster and the SPFL board are completely oblivious to our next step.  That again is daft.  

I wonder if there will now be a joint statement from Hearts, Partick Th, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

To be fair all the indications from the SPFL were that reconstruction itself had significant support... 16/42 suggests the SPFL have clearly been stringing Hearts along and playing for time.

16 ffs, enough support, yeah right, what a total #### up this has all been, well ####ed off with all this, statement now required Anne and let's take them for everything.#### them all.

2 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Probably won't be the popular opinion given who our opponents are, but I'd back the club pulling out the cup. Afterall the season is finished. Why should we fill hampden for the sfa to get a pay day. God knows what squad we'll left with now. 

Agreed...boycott.

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

Me too, it would show how much we are willing to give up to out this unfair decision, let them have it.

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

I've just been thinking the same . We'll be starting our first game in October 7 months since our last game . While the other 3 teams are well up and running 

Just now, Sarah O said:

What an almighty mess. 

Shambles eh! I just hope we go to court. Looking forward to a fighting statement today. 

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Patrick and Stranraer as well completely played.  We need to now fight rough via the courts.  However I suspect Doncaster will have another trick up his sleeve to delay us again, he just needs to get to releasing the fixture list I think and he might believe that the SPFL are in the clear.  We cannot fall for anything now, up and at them Ann.

Doncaster is clearly playing out a plan to thwart legal action. We can’t delay any further in getting the papers in.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It was by no means a bribe but considering his values...they've just shit in his face.

It’s an absolute joke mate. 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Completely disillusioned with Scottish football. 

Same here, I was past caring before. This has just made me want us to burn it to the ground. 

Just now, Hood09 said:

Might work to our favour and get sympathisers on board elsewhere. 

It won’t really matter anymore.  It will show a cluster**** of a season.  Second series - court action, will be a lot better. 

skinnybob72

In short, teams who could have been relegated had the season concluded, ie Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross Co, get to have a vote to just end the season and avoid relegation - the equivalent of turkeys being given a vote to cancel Xmas.

Then the league we are 'expelled' to vote to play just 3/4 of a season! 

So, we could end up with 13 home games instead of 19. How much money is that alone going to cost us?

Take them to court. 

1 minute ago, ritchies75 said:

I wonder if there will now be a joint statement from Hearts, Partick Th, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty

I hope not.  

upgotheheads

The fact that we are restricted to a 27 game league will cost us plenty. I've no doubt that will be included in the compensation claim.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The 11/1 can’t be changed unless it’s voted through.  What’s that got to do with financial matters exactly? 

That's not what I was saying.

I was saying forcing reconstruction didn't impact on 11-1 in anyway.  The 11-1 is primarily there to stop clubs trying to introduce proposals such as a return to shared gate receipts.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

What an almighty mess. 

Court action could be throwing good money after bad. Much better to tie Daniel Stendel down, allow him to prepare a squad for The Championship and run away with the title next season.

David McCaig
Just now, upgotheheads said:

The fact that we are restricted to a 27 game league will cost us plenty. I've no doubt that will be included in the compensation claim.

£2m in gate receipts alone not including hospitality.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Absolutely.  The French and Belgians have done it the right way, we’ve made a Jeremy Hunt of it.  

There is still plenty of time. 

33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have to say my preference is now to go down and take the compensation and that compensation should be the focus of legal action.

it will prove us correct and we won’t have to listen to bullshit about being “saved” 

we can get rid of some of the deadwood and start again. 

others  feel differently but that’s where I’m at.

Agreed, I'd accept that outcome but we need our day in court.

Libertarian
3 minutes ago, flem said:

Correct. 

Does anyone actually have faith that Ann Budge will go for the jugular on this?

I suspect we will settle out of court for some paltry amount of compensation and that will be that. 

In a sense we already have. Budge has met with 2 QC's both of whom I would imagine would have advised her to exhaust the appeal procedure etc. However we now have to make clear that the whole game in Scotland is in real danger of imploding. We can no longer have the Elgin City's of this world damaging clubs and livelihoods of full time big city clubs.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Budge has been sold a dummy here by Doncaster.

Another dummy in her tenure she really needs to get to court and no mucking about this time.

The nicey nicey approach does not work when you are dealing with rats.

Honestly why this determination to think the owner has been 'done over' ?..done over by Doncaster !!!

A woman who has made and ran a business over £40 million or so in value and you and others seem to think she has been strung along

Try using your brains (and others too) and think..just because you don't like it the process of going through a procedure it had to be followed just in case we reached this point.

Only someone who just reacts emotionally rather than logically would not understand this

We are now at the end of the last stage and so we move on to the final stage of legal action

We all know there has been advice to our club and other clubs... there will have been legal advice to the SPFL as well....now it will boil down to just how good the advice has been and under what basis any action is to taken under.

Some will prob blame her if we lose the action even though she can only use the law as it is written and interpreted (oh and she will not be the one putting the arguments to the court)...We all know that is nothing to do with the case but just another way for those who amazingly seem to have her being to blame for all of this.

julienbrellier

time to take out an injunction asap to stop the league from starting, that is the first order of business. Then we should be seeking 6/7 million in compensation

Don’t want to sound horrid but **** Partick and Stranraer, I only care about us now. We’ve done the “help everyone” game, time to wise up and focus purely on us. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

Court action could be throwing good money after bad. Much better to tie Daniel Stendel down, allow him to prepare a squad for The Championship and run away with the title next season.

Nope 

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Why do people think that releasing the fixture list will have any bearing on a court action?

Is it not because if we go to court the SPFL can say their members endorsed every step?  

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )