SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

There is a lot of talk on here of having to settle for compensation even if the panel find in our favour.

Also too many people appear quite to content to take the money and play in the championship.

If the panel decides in our favour reinstatement should be the only option.

Agree, no way should we accept Championship next season without guarantees which they can't provide. They can't tell when or if it will kick off, they can't tell how many games will be played and they can't say whether or not promotion under any circumstances will happen. The ONLY outcome we should be entertaining is reinstatement and allow them to negotiate how to keep the rest happy. If DDutd or anyone else doesn't get the promotion they thought they deserve then they can only look at themselves and how they voted in the reconstruction debate.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Feldy Jambo
1 minute ago, jim747 said:

If Hearts and Partick win this case, and I hope to hell they do, will the season kick-off be cancelled this Saturday? We are at the minute a "Championship" club and therefor have not been allowed any pre-season training as a team. Unfair on us, and the fixture list would have to be re-written asap.

And we have players still furloughed 

Just now, Feldy Jambo said:

And we have players still furloughed 

I forgot about that bit, Robbie mentioned it in an interview last weekend.

1 minute ago, bmxweeman said:

Is it too late to apply for an interdict? That would be sh*thousing of the highest order 🤣

If this is to turn out unfavourable for us, and there was reason for Hearts to return to the COS, I'd love an interdict to be issued. On Friday afternoon.

12 minutes ago, bazman said:

Out of curiosity I looked at the fixtures to see if the spfl computer didn't have Hibs/DUFC games both at home on the same day so it was easy to resolve if needed. First 2 games they are both at home so blows that theory out water

Not a problem when the games are BCD.

Edit: As said already by Tom, Harry and a few Dicks. 😉😁

Edited by graygo

Ex member of the SaS
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the first game for this season would not matter as there will not be any fans thus reduced/no policing rquired

After reinstatement the first game or two is postponed as we require time to train and get some game time. Celtic have used this postponement rule to play diddy games abroad so it can't be hard to do.

12 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

There is a lot of talk on here of having to settle for compensation even if the panel find in our favour.

Also too many people appear quite to content to take the money and play in the championship.

If the panel decides in our favour reinstatement should be the only option.

what will be will be

We need an McCoisit type of scream,  but with different words!

”what is happening the people need to know” 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It really helps that we had a lovely new stand with some corporate facilities last season...Our increased Turnover of £3m last year would just be the start position - then you have player contract situation inc payoffs, lower ticket prices (which you would probably be allowed to claim at full value regardless of stadium closure), corporate, sponsorship, fewer visiting fans etc etc. 

I believe you could easily justify £8m for a claim and it would be hard to argue down...

Indeed. 

The only part we may have to re-quantify would be for the loss of revenue due to no fans being allowed in the stadiums at the moment. That's the same for everyone and not due to the decision to demote us. Of course, that may have already been factored in. 

jamboinglasgow

I do think any announcement will be released by the SFA as a standard announcement. there wont be a press conference.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think any announcement will be released by the SFA as a standard announcement. there wont be a press conference.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not a problem when the games are BCD.

Edit: As said already by Tom, Harry and a few Dicks. 😉😁

Post of the day.

With apologies to anyone who did post in response.  You may not actually be a "Richard" but plenty of folk have been recently.

5 minutes ago, jambone said:

Breaking: Decision to be announced at 3:01 on Saturday 1st August.

**** that

I'm not setting the alarm to get up in the middle of the night

blair.melles
On 14/07/2020 at 16:43, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not blaming Hearts obviously, I just think the whole of Scottish football is a sham. We’ve always known

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Is it not normally today that the captains of all the teams are at Hampden to launch the season

Could be, bud. 

There's obviously nothing imminent arbitration wise. 

How much longer, eh? 😭

tokyowalnut
29 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So why bother guessing?

This forum is filled with guess work, this whole saga and thread alone has over 1700 pages full of supposition. Me voicing an opinion and my thoughts isn't any different to what everyone else is doing! 

18 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. Again I agree. Reconstruction has always been the most appropriate and fair way forwards, ever since the flawed resolution. Quite why the other teams brought this shit upon themselves out of some weird vindictive grudge towards us us is beyond me. Idiotic to to put themselves in this position purely out of a desire to harm us. 

I’m just talking about if there remains an impasse over reinstatement or reconstruction, and if compensation is deemed to be the way forwards. It would have to be compensation for our losses, and not just some compromise figure in the form of a speculative bribe. Would it not? I mean, I’m not an expert on these things, but I understand the meaning of the word compensation.

I think the responsibility lies with SPFL board - they were the ones who ignored their own QC's advice to have a separate vote on relegation and promotion, even though they were specifically warned this could result in a legal claim. Wrapping it all up together with the inducement of prize money and the accompanying documentation about that which was (in our opinion) wrong, has created enormous problem - the good faith principle includes the Board as well as the clubs... This is why the Doncaster defence of "the clubs voted for it" could well have failed.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

They still have to nut it out with the beaks. Can't see us getting the full amount, and to be Frank AB probably doesn't expect it....

Probably correct.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm getting the butterfly feeling in my stomach that something is bubbling and not long to wait now. :) 

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

This forum is filled with guess work, this whole saga and thread alone has over 1700 pages full of supposition. Me voicing an opinion and my thoughts isn't any different to what everyone else is doing! 

Yeah but what does making up random figure achieve? That's not an opinion, it is just a number.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Agreed, club ground needs to be registered before start of season, they can't register 2.

👍

11 minutes ago, jambone said:

Breaking: Decision to be announced at 3:01 on Saturday 1st August.

Too late, seasons starts 12-30!

16 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Starting to get ridiculous now!

However the longer it goes on then (hopefully) the better for us.

As discussed last week, if it was a clear win for the SPFL the decision would surely have been made by now.

'Move along please,  nothing to see here'.

It is a three person panel so a 2:1 majority finalises it either way.

As with one of the earlier decisions in the Rangers EBT  case,  the panel, for clarity,  could simply outline to the parties the majority and minority views but go with the majority decision. Game over.

Given we are now days away from the start of the Premiership season it must surely be coming down to  the panel having difficulties with  point of laws (to avoid challenges in the CoS by both sides of the argument) or trying to resolve the issue of compensation.

However can the SPFL and the Calpol 3 really go to the CoS as they essentially argued footballing matters should be decided within the games rules??

I could be wrong but the fact it is taking so long seems to point to us having some form of a case, both in terms of sporting integrity and corporate law,  that was definitely worthy of pursuing, regardless of the final result.

Firstly, the thought of the SPFL et al returning to the CoS makes me LOL at the prospect - but I don't see it happening. Moynihan & Boreland (sp?) were absolutely vehement in their demands that this go to arbitration so let them suck up the consequences. 

I thought Hearts's case would be decided quickly and dismissed by the panel but the longer it plays out the more I begin to believe we will win - perhaps not entirely , maybe a case of the "curates egg". 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

28 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Alloa prick is the acting president of SFA in Petrie’s well-timed absence.

so, in the style of  McLennan the chairman of the SPFL, Mulraney just had a discussion with himself and then approved the arrangement.

McArthur says he did not need to have a robust conversation with himself, nor wear any hats, to convince himself to make a decision on joining this sharing agreement 

This is really a sad reflection on the way Scottish Football is run. Unfortuantely with this sort of mentality things will nevr change.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. 

The only part we may have to re-quantify would be for the loss of revenue due to no fans being allowed in the stadiums at the moment. That's the same for everyone and not due to the decision to demote us. Of course, that may have already been factored in. 

Remember a lot of the 'losses' will be negated as everyone is losing on predicted incomes due to covid!!!!

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm getting the butterfly feeling in my stomach that something is bubbling and not long to wait now. :) 

Yup think you could be right. Delay has made me a bit more positive. 

Rumour on Twitter from Joe Black is that someone from another club has assisted our case. (Reading between the lines). Not sure how credible he is though to be honest.

Can I throw my random guess work in now?

I reckon no matter what happens with reinstatement etc, SPFL will announce a plan to expand the league from 201/22 season via extra spaces through number of promotions. 

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Remember a lot of the 'losses' will be negated as everyone is losing on predicted incomes due to covid!!!!

This would have been factored in. Budge isn’t stupid 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

A shite?

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Rumour on Twitter from Joe Black is that someone from another club has assisted our case. (Reading between the lines). Not sure how credible he is though to be honest.

LOL Rangers fans have always been gloryhunters!

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

LOL Rangers fans have always been gloryhunters!

Said it wasn't anyone from Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That mans not been right about anything. 

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Could be, bud. 

There's obviously nothing imminent arbitration wise. 

How much longer, eh? 😭

Social distancing, camera lens not wide enough!

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You probably just need a shit mate.... 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

See their website SPFL,  still not putting our badge in any League 

Dundee United in both also 

5 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Can I throw my random guess work in now?

I reckon no matter what happens with reinstatement etc, SPFL will announce a plan to expand the league from 201/22 season via extra spaces through number of promotions. 

this and the colts team

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Well... You would mix Coca-Cola with extra strong mints. Hell mend ye! 

6 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We have lost on all counts.

Nothing like throwing a hand grenade into the room then running away.

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah but what does making up random figure achieve? That's not an opinion, it is just a number.

17/10/1964 Tynecastle.

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That fits with the rumour I heard at the weekend in the Roseburn. My mate slept with a judge once and she said that her sister found out at Greggs we'd been chucked out the leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

all they have done is replace our badge with dundee utds, they have not moved any other sides. it still shows partick in championship, raith and stranraer in league 1 and cove in league 2

Just now, ri Alban said:

Well... You would mix Coca-Cola with extra strong mints. Hell mend ye! 

7up with a dash of pepper works, apparently. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )