SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

OK you win.......👍

Sorry I’m not trying to be belligerent nor argumentative for the sake of it. I’m just struggling to understand the process like everyone else. Surely compensation needs to be an accurate reflection of losses. Sorry if I’m coming across as being a dick about it. Not my intention. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

What happened to the SFA Notice of Complaint?

The SFA requested submissions by the 20th of July. Hearts (&PT) requested the SFA review the date to allow them time to properly prepare.

Since then (14th July) nothing, total silence!

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Justify your figure.

We can justify the loss in revenue in a wrongful decision.

Yet eejits just throw figures. 

Stop posting.

We may think we can prove the loss in revenue but ultimately it will be down to the panel how much is awarded. I’m basing my estimate on the figures handed out in the Dutch leagues.

I also don’t appreciate your tone, we are both Hearts fans who clearly have differing opinions but you clearly have an inflated opinion of yourself to believe you can dictate when others post.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

How are you bud, hope the family are fine.

3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Gut feeling is relegation stands and £3-4million paid at 500k-£1m per year. 

This is based on nothing.

So why bother guessing?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. Civil cases are about restitution. 

I think this is actually a very tricky case - if all the stuff around Dundee/Nelms/Rangers dossier has been found to be admissable then it is one hell of a mess to sort through...

The Hun dossier is the equivalent of the Beano but surely this entire thing hinges on the Dundee vote

5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Gut feeling is relegation stands and £3-4million paid at 500k-£1m per year. 

This is based on nothing.

As the losses will be over the next 12 months then that’s the period over which compensation will most likely be paid!

Midloth_Iain
18 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense though. If arbitration finds in our favour, then we need to be compensated for our loss. That figure would need to be worked out accurately and us compensated accordingly, surely? How could they just find we were unfairly expelled, and then just decide on a smaller compensation amount? Compensation should be what we will lose through our unfair expulsion. 🤷‍♂️

I have heard rumours (Saturday night pub chat) that 

a - Hearts/Thistle successful in arbitration

b - Negotiations re: a compromise were ongoing.

IF true, like you I didnt think there could be any 'bargaining position' from the SPFL side, they should be told the result is final and do what you are being told.

(source was a friend of an ex Hearts player who is a friend of a current Hearts representative)🤪😆

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Sorry I’m not trying to be belligerent nor argumentative for the sake of it. I’m just struggling to understand the process like everyone else. Surely compensation needs to be an accurate reflection of losses. Sorry if I’m coming across as being a dick about it. Not my intention. 

Indeed - but how do you quantify those losses? If next season gets curtailed and there is no promotion, then the losses grow...This would still be a direct loss attributable to the April decision.

Compensation sounds like the easy option but it is actually not...The easy option is no relegation, always has been. And the SPFL gets left to sort out what to do about DUFC etc which likely means reconstruction suddenly becomes more likely.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If the Arbitration finds that the resolution to end the season should not have passed. They could not buy us off with compo. Absolutely no danger. Ann wants reinstatement and Doncasters head on a silver platter. Hearts wouldn't even entertain a bribe. 

The only way compensation is paid out is if the Arbitration find that we were demoted unjustly and in a prejudicial manner. 

I would expect you are correct there. If it’s deemed impossible to reinstate us though, and compensation is the way it goes, then it has to be the amount we would be losing though, right? I mean it would have to be accurately calculated and not just some number plucked from Petrie’s tasch. 

On the assumption arbitration is still in progress, I wonder if the counsel for us / PT has tossed a copy of today's newspaper across the bench with the Aston Villa escape story on the back page.  "Just saying, m'luds"

Edited by AndrewB

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Must be a 12pm briefing, no source just a gut feeling.

I thought that at 10, then 11, now I think 5pm Friday, just to keep the torture going.  Its going to be any time soon is it not?

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

As a PITA pedant, I'll say there is no such thing as 12pm, just noon and midnight.

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

At what point do the SPFL/SFA tell them they can't do this?

Alloa prick is the acting president of SFA in Petrie’s well-timed absence.

so, in the style of  McLennan the chairman of the SPFL, Mulraney just had a discussion with himself and then approved the arrangement.

McArthur says he did not need to have a robust conversation with himself, nor wear any hats, to convince himself to make a decision on joining this sharing agreement 

Diadora Van Basten

The longer it goes on the more I think we have won as Ann is more likely to keep the result under wraps until everything is resolved whilst the SFA/SPFL would have leaked the results.

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - but how do you quantify those losses? If next season gets curtailed and there is no promotion, then the losses grow...This would still be a direct loss attributable to the April decision.

Compensation sounds like the easy option but it is actually not...The easy option is no relegation, always has been. And the SPFL gets left to sort out what to do about DUFC etc which likely means reconstruction suddenly becomes more likely.

DUFC are adamant that they dont want reconstruction under any circumstances. ANY circumstances, should be taken to include themselves relying on it

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

The longer it goes on the more I think we have won as Ann is more likely to keep the result under wraps until everything is resolved whilst the SFA/SPFL would have leaked the results.

No, neither side would leak the results. Not in arbitration. It’s a really serious process and there would be consequences. When it’s done they’ll agree on a release time 

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Exactly my thoughts - almost moist with anticipation......

3 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

I have heard rumours (Saturday night pub chat) that 

a - Hearts/Thistle successful in arbitration

b - Negotiations re: a compromise were ongoing.

IF true, like you I didnt think there could be any 'bargaining position' from the SPFL side, they should be told the result is final and do what you are being told.

(source was a friend of an ex Hearts player who is a friend of a current Hearts representative)🤪😆

I cant stand this. Even though it’s complete nonsense and we’re going to end up with heehaw, I can’t help but have a tiny bit of me think it might happen. I am going to be distraught 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

Alloa prick is the acting president of SFA in Petrie’s well-timed absence.

so, in the style of  McLennan the chairman of the SPFL, Mulraney just had a discussion with himself and then approved the arrangement.

McArthur says he did not need to have a robust conversation with himself, nor wear any hats, to convince himself to make a decision on joining this sharing agreement 

The results will be out about 5 minutes after the panel reveal them.

Just now, Spellczech said:

Yes. Again I agree. Reconstruction has always been the most appropriate and fair way forwards, ever since the flawed resolution. Quite why the other teams brought this shit upon themselves out of some weird vindictive grudge towards us us is beyond me. Idiotic to to put themselves in this position purely out of a desire to harm us. 

I’m just talking about if there remains an impasse over reinstatement or reconstruction, and if compensation is deemed to be the way forwards. It would have to be compensation for our losses, and not just some compromise figure in the form of a speculative bribe. Would it not? I mean, I’m not an expert on these things, but I understand the meaning of the word compensation.

16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

Aberdeen were talking loss of income of £400-500K for ONE game against Rangers. 

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Must it ?

doctor jambo
Just now, doctor jambo said:

DUFC are adamant that they dont want reconstruction under any circumstances. ANY circumstances, should be taken to include themselves relying on it

I'd love a statement that "following our success in reinstatement to the SPFL, we, of course, respect the express wishes of Dundee Utd that reconstruction should not happen."

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Hun dossier is the equivalent of the Beano but surely this entire thing hinges on the Dundee vote

Sorry, I actually only meant the bit where representatives of Partick and Stranraer told Rangers that Nelms had phoned them to talk about side-deals of reapportioning DUFC winnings to be unofficial parachute payments and discuss the prospect of "big hitter friendlies". This bit need not actually be called "Rangers Dossier" as Partick themselves are involved in the action.

If the above was deemed admissable then it is dynamite, as it clearly shows bias and prejudice, and from the swing-voter too...

Edited by Spellczech

willie wallace

There is a lot of talk on here of having to settle for compensation even if the panel find in our favour.

Also too many people appear quite to content to take the money and play in the championship.

If the panel decides in our favour reinstatement should be the only option.

Out of curiosity I looked at the fixtures to see if the spfl computer didn't have Hibs/DUFC games both at home on the same day so it was easy to resolve if needed. First 2 games they are both at home so blows that theory out water

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I thought that at 10, then 11, now I think 5pm Friday, just to keep the torture going.  Its going to be any time soon is it not?

Briefs getting paid by the hour. They won't be in a hurry.

NaturalOrder74

Is there any particular reason people think it’s finished and results are waiting to be announced or is it all still just speculation ? 

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I would expect you are correct there. If it’s deemed impossible to reinstate us though, and compensation is the way it goes, then it has to be the amount we would be losing though, right? I mean it would have to be accurately calculated and not just some number plucked from Petrie’s tasch. 

Yep. The amount we have asked for will have been quantified and would have to be evidenced.  If we win on those terms, then I doubt that they could fob us off with a much lower sum. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, bazman said:

Out of curiosity I looked at the fixtures to see if the spfl computer didn't have Hibs/DUFC games both at home on the same day so it was easy to resolve if needed. First 2 games they are both at home so blows that theory out water

Noticed this too, it’s likely they intended it that way...

1 minute ago, bazman said:

the first game for this season would not matter as there will not be any fans thus reduced/no policing rquired

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Is there any particular reason people think it’s finished and results are waiting to be announced or is it all still just speculation ? 

Just speculation. But I'm just guessing! Mwah-haha!

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Speculation/anticipation.

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Still easy to resolve as the games will be bcd

If we have won it is every other member club the SPFL need to be negotiating with to agree reconstruction, not us.

If we have won reinstatement there is no way we would be bought off. No way, having got that far.

Calling complete bullshit on that.

Edited by Jammy T

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

the first game for this season would not matter as there will not be any fans thus reduced/no policing rquired

A very good point! In theory, the old firm could play at home on the same day and it would not matter,

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

So easy for them to have published a fixture list that could simply swap the teams - that said,  with no fans in the grounds the 1st set of fixtures shouldn't be an issue?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

While the Dundee vote fiasco may well end up being pivotal, there's more to be examined, and ruled upon, than that. The very basis of the resolution, itself, is questionable, in both the good faith and unfairly prejudicial aspects, and may well win it for us. Then there's the 'need' to call the league in order to facilitate early payment of prize money, and the fact the SPFL forgot/deliberately withheld the fact that ending the season early would cost the clubs TV money. All this, and so much more, could be a deciding, or contributing, factor. The Hun dossier may, or may not, help, but perhaps a statement from Robertson (which might depend on how TRFC really want to stick it up the SPFL) based on the dossier, just might help our case. Win or lose, we may never know the details, which is sad.

Just now, willie wallace said:

There is a lot of talk on here of having to settle for compensation even if the panel find in our favour.

Also too many people appear quite to content to take the money and play in the championship.

If the panel decides in our favour reinstatement should be the only option.

I think some would.like to see the financial knock on effect it will have on some clubs

Bret the Hitman Hearts
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I'd love a statement that "following our success in reinstatement to the SPFL, we, of course, respect the express wishes of Dundee Utd that reconstruction should not happen."

please God let it happen 🙏🤣

Cruickie's Moustache

Starting to get ridiculous now!

However the longer it goes on then (hopefully) the better for us.

As discussed last week, if it was a clear win for the SPFL the decision would surely have been made by now.

'Move along please,  nothing to see here'.

It is a three person panel so a 2:1 majority finalises it either way.

As with one of the earlier decisions in the Rangers EBT  case,  the panel, for clarity,  could simply outline to the parties the majority and minority views but go with the majority decision. Game over.

Given we are now days away from the start of the Premiership season it must surely be coming down to  the panel having difficulties with  point of laws (to avoid challenges in the CoS by both sides of the argument) or trying to resolve the issue of compensation.

However can the SPFL and the Calpol 3 really go to the CoS as they essentially argued footballing matters should be decided within the games rules??

I could be wrong but the fact it is taking so long seems to point to us having some form of a case, both in terms of sporting integrity and corporate law,  that was definitely worthy of pursuing, regardless of the final result.

3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I'll be the first to speculate it is all just speculation. Not ITK though.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Hold the nerve, ive been to the toilet twice already 😵.

🤣

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. The amount we have asked for will have been quantified and would have to be evidenced.  If we win on those terms, then I doubt that they could fob us off with a much lower sum. 

It really helps that we had a lovely new stand with some corporate facilities last season...Our increased Turnover of £3m last year would just be the start position - then you have player contract situation inc payoffs, lower ticket prices (which you would probably be allowed to claim at full value regardless of stadium closure), corporate, sponsorship, fewer visiting fans etc etc. 

I believe you could easily justify £8m for a claim and it would be hard to argue down...

If Hearts and Partick win this case, and I hope to hell they do, will the season kick-off be cancelled this Saturday? We are at the minute a "Championship" club and therefor have not been allowed any pre-season training as a team. Unfair on us, and the fixture list would have to be re-written asap.

Is it too late to apply for an interdict? That would be sh*thousing of the highest order 🤣

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )