SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

At what point do the SPFL/SFA tell them they can't do this?

Agreed, club ground needs to be registered before start of season, they can't register 2.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Their amount will be different.....

See, that’s what I mean though. If they find in our favour, then the compensation surely needs to reflect our losses. We’ve already submitted a breakdown of what that would be. I don’t see how they could turn around and say “yeah, you were unfairly expelled, and those losses are accurate, but we have decided to award you a much smaller sum that we’ve just made up instead”. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

No idea what knowledge this guy has but ...

Then by default Hearts will know too, wont they?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Agreed, club ground needs to be registered before start of season, they can't register 2.

I think that these circumstances call for this kind of joined up thinking however i have some concern over the fact the two surfaces are very different.

We should tryand block it just to annoy them.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Unfortunately, historically his tips have been dugshit

24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Then we take them to court as there will have been a precedent set this year to award leagues and relegate 

no chance we wouldnt win that if they relegate us this year 

What if it stops early and we're a point behind at the top with a game in hand?

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

If this is true then SPFL wouldnt need to think how to break the news if they won they would be falling over themselves to let everyone know

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Surely it would be the SFA announcing the decision?

However, the SPFL need to break it to the clubs that they have led some of them into financial armagedon and ND needs time to get a head start diwn rhe A74

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

See, that’s what I mean though. If they find in our favour, then the compensation surely needs to reflect our losses. We’ve already submitted a breakdown of what that would be. I don’t see how they could turn around and say “yeah, you were unfairly expelled, and those losses are accurate, but we have decided to award you a much smaller sum that we’ve just made up instead”. 

We won't get £8m mate. Always go for too dollar but be prepared for less.....👍

FFS if the SPFL are aware of it we are aware of it

The only basis I can see of the SPFL or the SFA controlling the narrative is if they use the "going to court" charge as a bargaining chip on how they release the news but I dont think we'd go for that having been as bold so far - we'd want to announce it jointly with Thistle.

Or if we have agreed morally it is correct that the other members are told first - but then it would leak out like piss from a Hobo jakeys pants

Edited by Jammy T

Harry Potter
27 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So they should rush it and potentially come to the wrong verdict?

Hardly rushing it, 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If this is true then SPFL wouldnt need to think how to break the news if they won they would be falling over themselves to let everyone know

Can see it now, headline VINDICATED with a big smug smile of that Chunt Doncaster 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

This guy talks shite 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If they had won, ND would be running around hampden doing a Ravanelli type celebration wit the shirt over his rediculous haircut

Shanks said no
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That actually sounds like the  kind of open-minded thinking we haven't see too much of recently, although not sure why we would be considering it.

will not be going near either club next season and they are not welcome at Tynie either.#

Edit: having praised it, are clubs allowed to change their 'home' ground at such short notice, especially when one is grass and the other is artificial?

Perhaps we should query that...

I thought permission had to be sought

6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Rubbish - it will be the SFA that announce it. All the SPFL will do is inform their members of the result and the impact it has on the calpol 3 and how they will now re-issue the fixtures!

9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

It doesn't actually say anything at all. Just another person pretending to know stuff/have contacts...

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The SPFL are good at breaking things. 

The remaining trust in their governance for example. 

Just now, Section Q said:

We won't get £8m mate. Always go for too dollar but be prepared for less.....👍

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense though. If arbitration finds in our favour, then we need to be compensated for our loss. That figure would need to be worked out accurately and us compensated accordingly, surely? How could they just find we were unfairly expelled, and then just decide on a smaller compensation amount? Compensation should be what we will lose through our unfair expulsion. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think that these circumstances call for this kind of joined up thinking however i have some concern over the fact the two surfaces are very different.

We should tryand block it just to annoy them.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's against the rules.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense though. If arbitration finds in our favour, then we need to be compensated for our loss. That figure would need to be worked out accurately and us compensated accordingly, surely? How could they just find we were unfairly expelled, and then just decide on a smaller compensation amount? Compensation should be what we will lose through our unfair expulsion. 🤷‍♂️

They can find in our favour but querie our claim/figures.

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

All I can say now is that the decision for us to go to court first is the right one, and one in future we can argue that going to arbitration is not in the public interest, and that 2 QC's misled the court as to the arbistration process could be concluded quickly. Its been 11 working days since we submitted the papers.  Lord Clark would have had it done and dusted by now.

I think we need to take the SFA back to court if they wish to pursue their bullshit disciplinary case, and tear article 99 up for arse paper.

On the plus side if no decision is pending soon, then we must go back to court and seek an interdict.  or if we win then we also ensure the league is delayed.  Both would be a win, but with a free kick in the baws

Good thoughtful post, Hagar (as always 🙂)

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If arbitration finds in out favour we are reinstated.

If that is impossible we get compensated.

I cannot see how it would be impossible.

I do not think Joe Black has a clue-

every litigant in this will know the result at the same time- Us, Partick, the C3 and the SPFL

I dont think the SPFL would be dictating to anyone of the parties- some of whom will be aggrieved at the result- who can release what and when

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Whos Joe black ?.

He’s a hun boy who’s been kidding on he knows everything that’s been going on behind the scenes.  Posting legal stuff to support our case etc. 

I'm waiting for the official Brian McLaughlin announcement.

sdfads adre asasd fdsfefef erere

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I thought permission had to be sought

I would have thought so. Like i said, it's probably the kind of thing that we should be open-minded about but, if i was on a committee considering the request i would have an issue with the different surfaces.

I wouldn't put it past Dunfermline to try and switch our game to Alloa.

Joe black tends to post itk stuff but don’t know of anything that has turned out to be the case. Mainly talks about rangers tho

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

I'm waiting for the official Brian McLaughlin announcement.

sdfads adre asasd fdsfefef erere

😄

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If the Arbitration finds that the resolution to end the season should not have passed. They could not buy us off with compo. Absolutely no danger. Ann wants reinstatement and Doncasters head on a silver platter. Hearts wouldn't even entertain a bribe. 

The only way compensation is paid out is if the Arbitration find that we were demoted unjustly and in a prejudicial manner. 

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

They can find in our favour but querie our claim/figures.

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

Tommy Brown
59 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Closer to £500k my guess.

Justify your figure.

We can justify the loss in revenue in a wrongful decision.

Yet eejits just throw figures. 

Stop posting.

14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

However, the SPFL need to break it to the clubs that they have led some of them into financial armagedon and ND needs time to get a head start diwn rhe A74

🤣🤣

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

OK you win.......👍

Lone Striker
14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

😂  Beautiful.

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If arbitration finds in out favour we are reinstated.

If that is impossible we get compensated.

I cannot see how it would be impossible.

I do not think Joe Black has a clue-

every litigant in this will know the result at the same time- Us, Partick, the C3 and the SPFL

I dont think the SPFL would be dictating to anyone of the parties- some of whom will be aggrieved at the result- who can release what and when

Yes. I think I agree with that. That’s how I see it. My point is that surely any compensation figure needs to be accurate, and not just some compromise figure.

tokyowalnut

Gut feeling is relegation stands and £3-4million paid at 500k-£1m per year. 

This is based on nothing.

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's the M74 nowadays😉

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If the Arbitration finds that the resolution to end the season should not have passed. They could not buy us off with compo. Absolutely no danger. Ann wants reinstatement and Doncasters head on a silver platter. Hearts wouldn't even entertain a bribe. 

The only way compensation is paid out is if the Arbitration find that we were demoted unjustly and in a prejudicial manner. 

Indeed. Civil cases are about restitution. 

I think this is actually a very tricky case - if all the stuff around Dundee/Nelms/Rangers dossier has been found to be admissable then it is one hell of a mess to sort through...

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )