SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if this is something we are considering 

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

Mike Mulraney, Alloa Chairman stated:-

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

Ross McArthur, Dunfermline Chairman stated:-

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

At what point do the SPFL/SFA tell them they can't do this?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

£4.5m minus £1m to Thistle and £500k for our fine? 

£3m to accept being expelled from the division? I’d not be happy about that.

Me neither.

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We won’t get anywhere near that figure imo, closer to 2 million would be my guess.

That would be a travesty

14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

My guess is that they've been told not to talk about it from a legal perspective mate, which would make sense. 

Also, can anyone tell me where this nonsense of 2 years in the Championship has come from? Surely if we do end up going down, and we win the league, then we come straight back up again, otherwise there's no point in actually playing the damn league in the first place. 

Two years is being talked about as a consequence of a second wave of CV cutting next season short

8 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

What is there to say about arbitration just now? 

The fact that we are less than a week away from the start of the Premiership season with this still undecided should merit at least a passing mention naw? Maybe not as important as Lennon’s view on Griffiths right enough...

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

That actually sounds like the  kind of open-minded thinking we haven't see too much of recently, although not sure why we would be considering it.

will not be going near either club next season and they are not welcome at Tynie either.#

Edit: having praised it, are clubs allowed to change their 'home' ground at such short notice, especially when one is grass and the other is artificial?

Perhaps we should query that...

Edited by Nookie Bear

9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So if we believe that the evidence has been examined and all witnesses been called and cross examined.  So the rest of the time has been about deliberation.  It could be their examining the evidence provided by the SPFL.  That would be like trying to find that diamond ring after you have swallowed it.  And as for cross examining the witness, that would be like cross examining the Primary One class after a curry to find out which of them did NOT cause an incident at a day trip to the commonwealth pool .  Regardless the pool will have to be emptied and cleaned.  No wonder Doncaster stinks of chlorine,

If it’s taking that length of time it could be because they are a split jury.  But I suppose as this is a first in Scottish case law, they are playing football in a mine field in Doc Martins while wearing  a suicide belt talking to each other on mobile phones.  They have to get this right not just for this case but for future rulings. 

What does worry me, although it is an independent enquiry they are still on a referral list on the SFA books. The SFA could see any decision as a plumber knocking the whole house down to fix a dripping tap.  They won’t be on the list very long, but it’s their fault for having that tap drip for 100 years and the foundations are swamped.

So what is left?  The clever money would have it as they are trying to assess that optimum sum for compensation.  It could be they are waiting for the SPFL to come back with a counter offer of a solution that would suit all, but the difficulty would be the board have that on any powers to agree anything. 

Re-instatement will punish the Calpol-3, Compensation will punish all, If that went back to the members to decide, I would guess which one they would choose? That would be given even if the amount of the compensation is an unknown variable.

Perhaps they just can’t reach a decision.  That being the case then there is a decision and it won’t be our case has been thrown out.  That would have happened already.  So perhaps what is actually left is that there has been criminal behaviour. Either by negligence or by design!

Still I think the Jury/panel are trying to decide which part of the jobby from the empty pool that they have to pick up is the clean end.

Great read Hagar.

But I disagree with "Re-instatement will punish the Calpol-3". They never completed promotion and were incorrectly awarded it.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Just plucking numbers out of thin air like everyone else.

Thats just over your salary Donkey but thanks for participating

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The FBI is a government agency and they investigated FIFA.

Yes , for criminal behaviour !

The government will not get involved just because we don't like how they run Scottish football

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, ericb said:

There it is again, where is this coming from?

Some people’s view that if this season is curtailed very early due to Covid, the season could be N&V, no promotion and we end up in Championship for another year. 

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Some people’s view that if this season is curtailed very early due to Covid, the season could be N&V, no promotion and we end up in Championship for another year. 

Then we take them to court as there will have been a precedent set this year to award leagues and relegate 

no chance we wouldnt win that if they relegate us this year 

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

This is a joke, its quicker getting a doctors appointment.

So they should rush it and potentially come to the wrong verdict?

Wish people wouldn't post that there is a press conference lined up when its rubbish.   We had a Hearts conference on Saturday morning and an SPFL one this morning.   Both were bollocks and it's not good for my blood pressure 🙄

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

This is a joke, its quicker getting a doctors appointment.

Better doing it right than rushing and making wrong decision 

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So they should rush it and potentially come to the wrong verdict?

Taking their time doesn't mean they will make the correct decision though.

Edited by wavydavy

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Then we take them to court as there will have been a precedent set this year to award leagues and relegate 

no chance we wouldnt win that if they relegate us this year 

I don’t disagree with these sentiments at all.  I was merely trying to answer your man’s question as where the 2yrs in the Championship chat was coming from

Biffa Bacon
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There's nothing else to report until decision reached tbf! They've done nothing but speak about it for the last 3 months and once decision reached I'm sure they'll do it to death 

"The season will kick off on Saturday, pending the outcome of the arbitration process" would suffice.

Everybody Loves Baz!
26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We won’t get anywhere near that figure imo, closer to 2 million would be my guess.

So you're guessing like everyone else.

We shouldn't be telling someone elses opinion is wrong when we're only really guessing ourselves.

Quicker this shit is done with the better.

Not getting my hope up for an announcement today. This whole thing has been ****ing weird. Why cant they just say when a decision is to be made? Why the secrecy? It is arbitration not ducking some national security meeting. 

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Taking thgeir time doesn't mean they will make the correct decision though.

More likely to though. Time to consider each and every piece of evidence, consider both sides of the argument and come to a sensible conclusion is what’s needed here.

EDIT: i think some sort of indication when proceedings will be concluded would be good though for all of our sanity!

Edited by Clark Griswold

4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

So how is the 10am presser going, oh utter......

Did you expect anything different? :lol:  

Neil Dongcaster
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Thats just over your salary Donkey but thanks for participating

Largest TV contract to date, I’ve earned every penny.

😉

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, troonmaroon said:

Welcome to the Internet! 😉 You'll also find the complete opposite. People who position themselves as experts in naysaying anyone and everyone else. 😑 The rest of us are somewhere in between. 👍

👏👏👏

12 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

The fact that we are less than a week away from the start of the Premiership season with this still undecided should merit at least a passing mention naw? Maybe not as important as Lennon’s view on Griffiths right enough...

Think you are looking for some agenda that isn’t there. There is no news to report and there has been no leaks to the media. 

Lone Striker
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

CBPA8120_3889

Hmmmm..... interesting.      2 clubs in the same league with reps on the SPFL board  cook up some cost-saving  measures between themselves, which could be interpreted as a step along the path to random  ground-sharing.   Nothing now to stop other pairs of clubs doing the same ..... presumably ?      

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hopefully this. We will never forget how they behaved towards us. I feel we’ll get nothing from this as it’s Scottish football and it’s corrupt as feck.

We at least stood up to the bully boys of the SPFL and made some noise. Still proud of our club for how we behaved throughout all of this. 

HHGH

Very much this.

And if I've missed anything important between that post and this one...I'm sure I'll find out sometime.

31 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Not ITK at all but a mate told us last week that an initial offer of £4.5m was on the table. 

Time will tell

Whatever happens I think AB has met her promise to take this as far as she could so I hope everyone acknowledges that 

If it is £4.5m and not reinstatement would be beyond angry given the chances of 2 years in the Championship 

Still hoping for justice

Without Prejudice offers can be made without parties being in negotiations - it can have a bearing on cost awards.

In theory SPFL could have offered £4.5m on a WP basis save as to costs, and if we win are not reinstated but get compo but are not compensated over £4.5m the SPFL can in theory claim the we pay their costs of proceedings - even if we won, but only won, say, £4.4m

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

"The season will kick off on Saturday, pending the outcome of the arbitration process" would suffice.

How can they say that until they know the outcome ? There's still possibility that things could go against us and we go for an interdict to stop season starting 

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m clutching at straws here but walker cracking a goal in against United!

Nut I’m hoping ur right ,the same thing went thru my head as soon as I saw it 

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

More likely to though. Time to consider each and every piece of evidence, consider both sides of the argument and come to a sensible conclusion is what’s needed here.

EDIT: i think some sort of indication when proceedings will be concluded would be good though for all of our sanity!

Without knowing what guidelines they are working to it is difficult to call no matter how long it takes them.

I agree re indicating a timescale for a conclusion would assist especially given how soon the start of the new season is. Oh wait maybe that is part of their guidelines string it out as long as possible.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes , for criminal behaviour !

The government will not get involved just because we don't like how they run Scottish football

We know that.

SectionDJambo
22 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

CBPA8120_3889

Liked the bit about working together to help all clubs survive. 
What a shower of hypocrites. Directly from  Mulraney, who has had no interest in helping the 3 demoted clubs survive.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

My theory is they're trying to work out our compensation package.....👍👍👍

You mean a bribe?

Hagar the Horrible

All I can say now is that the decision for us to go to court first is the right one, and one in future we can argue that going to arbitration is not in the public interest, and that 2 QC's misled the court as to the arbistration process could be concluded quickly. Its been 11 working days since we submitted the papers.  Lord Clark would have had it done and dusted by now.

I think we need to take the SFA back to court if they wish to pursue their bullshit disciplinary case, and tear article 99 up for arse paper.

On the plus side if no decision is pending soon, then we must go back to court and seek an interdict.  or if we win then we also ensure the league is delayed.  Both would be a win, but with a free kick in the baws

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Surely we’ve already done that? It’s £8m.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Surely we’ve already done that? It’s £8m.

Their amount will be different.....

Just now, Section Q said:

I am sure AB and her team will have already worked out in fine detail how much relegation would cost the club and presented it to the panel.

Verification of the figures would be all that they would have to do which should not be a huge task.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Think you are looking for some agenda that isn’t there. There is no news to report and there has been no leaks to the media. 

Not sure Lennon's views on Griffiths counts as 'news'.

i'm wondering what Micky Mellon's view on the arbitration is, keeping in mind his old club Tranmere suffered due to the premature closure of the season. That's a story i would read.

Perhaps someone could contact Fraser Wishart for his comments on Aberdeen's wage cuts? There's another one.

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I’d rather they were trying to work out the new fixtures. 

Every other country gets answers with the football structure in other countries with covid19 with leagues played to a finish or void no promotion or relegation .take leagues to court get a verdict but here drag there feet and piss about for months well done Scottish football you no how to muck the fans about as long as Rangers and Celtic are ok the SPFL and SFA are happy

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I am sure AB and her team will have already worked out in fine detail how much relegation would cost the club and presented it to the panel.

Verification of the figures would be all that they would have to do which should not be a huge task.

They still have to nut it out with the beaks. Can't see us getting the full amount, and to be Frank AB probably doesn't expect it....

Orkneyjambo

I’m still thinking they will announce their verdict at the last possible moment on Friday 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

I’d rather they were trying to work out the new fixtures. 

me too...!

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure Lennon's views on Griffiths counts as 'news'.

i'm wondering what Micky Mellon's view on the arbitration is, keeping in mind his old club Tranmere suffered due to the premature closure of the season. That's a story i would read.

Perhaps someone could contact Fraser Wishart for his comments on Aberdeen's wage cuts? There's another one.

That news story sums us Scottish Football, Fhat Lennon the pot called the thumb kettle black, over fitness??????

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )