SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just listening to the 10am sports headlines on BBC Scotland. First up, will Morelos stay or go, then news of Lennon praising Griffiths for his attitude since being pulled up for his fitness. Then finally, a mention of Gary’s Anderson at the darts. 

Do these clowns really think that if they they don’t talk about arbitration it’ll just go away? The MSM are a ****ing joke, complicit by their actions. 

The whole thing is rotten to the core. 

Aye bud.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

25 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye but Hearts were shite they deserved to go down they should just take your medicine and all that blah blah

But Villa should have been relegated, I mean they were one of the worst 3 teams in the league after 37 games, no way did they deserve to avoid relegation for drawing their final game.  The EPL is a laughing stock, they really need to appoint a visionary CEO like Neil Doncaster, then they might enjoy the same level of respect as the Scottish game rightly gets.

Dagger Is Back

Not ITK at all but a mate told us last week that an initial offer of £4.5m was on the table. 

Time will tell

Whatever happens I think AB has met her promise to take this as far as she could so I hope everyone acknowledges that 

If it is £4.5m and not reinstatement would be beyond angry given the chances of 2 years in the Championship 

Still hoping for justice

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Someone last night claimed there was a 10am press conf. Not true, I suppose? 

Is it not normally today that the captains of all the teams are at Hampden to launch the season

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hmm, maybe partly. You and I both know I don’t rate her.

I find it very odd that on the one hand people rage about the damage the SPFL are doing to us (and I don’t disagree with that) but on the other think a ceo who took us to the bottom of the league and lost control of the football side completely is doing a good job. It’s a contradiction.

For me, our plight on the field was down to a combination of factors. Budge was ultimately the top rung on the club’s ladder, but she has done a good job of the other things under her control, by doubling our turnover and attracting outside finance. The football side of things she has been let down by those she trusted to handle that side of things. I don’t find that comparable to the vindictive acts of the SPFL and it’s member clubs towards us.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I am crystal clear on this.

AB has been key in putting us bottom of the league and TBF I believe she has put her hand up on that, especially her admission that she was loyal for too long to CL.

On the more pressing issue of us being expelled, I believe she has played things absolutely right. Whatever the pending announcement IMHO.

I have been clear for a year now.

I absolutely agree with your comments but her mismanagement putting us bottom precipitated the need for this legal challenge which has been played very well.  I still believe that after this legal process is over, she needs to go.

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, no one knows what will happen, or what has happened. Some may have knowledge of law and arbitration due to their work and those people have been helping give some understanding but not saying what will happen.

No one knows, though it does feel a test of how you naturally think over whether people predict positive or negative outcomes.

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Not ITK at all but a mate told us last week that an initial offer of £4.5m was on the table. 

Time will tell

Whatever happens I think AB has met her promise to take this as far as she could so I hope everyone acknowledges that 

If it is £4.5m and not reinstatement would be beyond angry given the chances of 2 years in the Championship 

Still hoping for justice

£4.5m minus £1m to Thistle and £500k for our fine? 

£3m to accept being expelled from the division? I’d not be happy about that.

If we win th case is it possible the tribunal rule you either reinstate Hearts or pay them x amount in compensation or is it likely they just order us to be reinstated or conversely award  us just compensation 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just listening to the 10am sports headlines on BBC Scotland. First up, will Morelos stay or go, then news of Lennon praising Griffiths for his attitude since being pulled up for his fitness. Then finally, a mention of Gary’s Anderson at the darts. 

Do these clowns really think that if they they don’t talk about arbitration it’ll just go away? The MSM are a ****ing joke, complicit by their actions. 

My guess is that they've been told not to talk about it from a legal perspective mate, which would make sense. 

Also, can anyone tell me where this nonsense of 2 years in the Championship has come from? Surely if we do end up going down, and we win the league, then we come straight back up again, otherwise there's no point in actually playing the damn league in the first place. 

Biffa Bacon
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just heard the same, the amount of denial shown, is incredible. Not even a mention that the arbitration process is taking place. Season kicks off on Saturday is the only message.

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Time will tell

Still hoping for justice

We won’t get anywhere near that figure imo, closer to 2 million would be my guess.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hard enough to keep up to date on this thread without it getting sidetracked into an Ann Budge debate.

It's easy to keep up with it. Nobody knows what is happening. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I always log on and look at the Gossip on the BBC Sports site.  99% of the days, 99% of  the stories are Celtic and Rangers ad nauseam and (since they quote the Courier), a token side from that region.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We won’t get anywhere near that figure imo, closer to 2 million would be my guess.

Closer to £500k my guess.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

According to what i heard we had been offered that figure before going to Arbritation.

Hearts knocked it back and went ahead with the Arbritation process. 

Hagar the Horrible

So if we believe that the evidence has been examined and all witnesses been called and cross examined.  So the rest of the time has been about deliberation.  It could be their examining the evidence provided by the SPFL.  That would be like trying to find that diamond ring after you have swallowed it.  And as for cross examining the witness, that would be like cross examining the Primary One class after a curry to find out which of them did NOT cause an incident at a day trip to the commonwealth pool .  Regardless the pool will have to be emptied and cleaned.  No wonder Doncaster stinks of chlorine,

If it’s taking that length of time it could be because they are a split jury.  But I suppose as this is a first in Scottish case law, they are playing football in a mine field in Doc Martins while wearing  a suicide belt talking to each other on mobile phones.  They have to get this right not just for this case but for future rulings. 

What does worry me, although it is an independent enquiry they are still on a referral list on the SFA books. The SFA could see any decision as a plumber knocking the whole house down to fix a dripping tap.  They won’t be on the list very long, but it’s their fault for having that tap drip for 100 years and the foundations are swamped.

So what is left?  The clever money would have it as they are trying to assess that optimum sum for compensation.  It could be they are waiting for the SPFL to come back with a counter offer of a solution that would suit all, but the difficulty would be the board have that on any powers to agree anything. 

Re-instatement will punish the Calpol-3, Compensation will punish all, If that went back to the members to decide, I would guess which one they would choose? That would be given even if the amount of the compensation is an unknown variable.

Perhaps they just can’t reach a decision.  That being the case then there is a decision and it won’t be our case has been thrown out.  That would have happened already.  So perhaps what is actually left is that there has been criminal behaviour. Either by negligence or by design!

Still I think the Jury/panel are trying to decide which part of the jobby from the empty pool that they have to pick up is the clean end.

Is it not the case that the arbitration process will either find for or against us? If they find in our favour, and we are to be compensated, then they I can’t see them just plucking a figure out their arses. We have already compiled a breakdown of our losses, and it was coming in at at least £8m.

12 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

What is there to say about arbitration just now? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Just heard the same, the amount of denial shown, is incredible. Not even a mention that the arbitration process is taking place. Season kicks off on Saturday is the only message.

There's nothing else to report until decision reached tbf! They've done nothing but speak about it for the last 3 months and once decision reached I'm sure they'll do it to death 

If it’s compensation we are offered then they must think we were unfairly demoted. 

Figures of £2 million etc  is not adequate compensation for the losses that will be attributable to our expulsion to the championship for 2 seasons 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If it is compensation then likely to be undisclosed 

Thats going to be hard to not disclose from the SPFL and our accounts

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hard enough to keep up to date on this thread without it getting sidetracked into an Ann Budge debate.

This 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, colinzeal said:

What is there to say about arbitration just now? 

Exactly ! What can they report that they've not already ? There's no leaks coming from the panel 

Hopefully today is the day ALL soul searching, speculation and sometimes downright drivel and crap will finally be put to bed and we can move on. I'm slowly running out of hair to pull and red wine to drink and withdrawal symptoms are taking hold big time

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

credit card

Does anyone not think that before saying we want £8m we would have done some pretty hard sums, they would be checked and re-checked for validity because we know they would be challenged? So for me its reinstatement or Armageddon for the other clubs. #staypositive #gorgierules

Wonder if this is something we are considering 

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

Mike Mulraney, Alloa Chairman stated:-

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

Ross McArthur, Dunfermline Chairman stated:-

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If it’s compensation we are offered then they must think we were unfairly demoted. 

Figures of £2 million etc  is not adequate compensation for the losses that will be attributable to our expulsion to the championship for 2 seasons 

There it is again, where is this coming from?

Neil Dongcaster
4 minutes ago, RENE said:

Now you are at it .....

Just plucking numbers out of thin air like everyone else.

ToadKiller Dog

I would be surprised if we were offered money from the SPFL before arbitration, no way that it wouldn't have been trumpeted loudly from the daily record and the likes .no way they wouldn't have used such an offer to bash us if we refused .

Silence, total silence ..... I’m beginning to wonder if the Arbitration Panel actually exists and if they do whether they have even met!

This can’t go on for much longer with the season starting on Saturday..... possibly!! IF a verdict from the mythical panel is not announced by Tuesday then an application for an interdict to delay the start of the season must be a possibility!

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

This still going on is it?

Getting a bit boring now.

Feel the same. Before anyone pipes up, I know keeping us entertained isn’t the point of all this but it’s sooooo dragged out. 

1 minute ago, credit card said:

Does anyone not think that before saying we want £8m we would have done some pretty hard sums, they would be checked and re-checked for validity because we know they would be challenged? So for me its reinstatement or Armageddon for the other clubs. #staypositive #gorgierules

Agree. AB as a businesswoman will have presented the financial case watertight 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

2 utter scumbags they are welcome to each others company. Not welcome at Tynecastle though

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’m assuming there was no 10am press conference as commented earlier 

As uncle Albert said to Rodney, its a rumour  Rodney,  a rumour.

Just now, Barack said:

This still going on is it?

Getting a bit boring now.

I am still of the opinion that this has a good long way to run yet.

We may well be here this time next week with no resolution and off to the CoS to stop the SPL from proceeding after the 1st round of games.

The SPFL have been kicking the can down the road to get to the point where the SPL has started in the belief that the SPL cannot be stopped if it has already started.

I suspect the DU/RR & CR QC has hardly even started and could talk for another 2 weeks .

This whole saga is a long long way from being over.

Just my opinion of course 

Apologies for not keeping up but given the chat of "2 years in championship"...has it been formally said that will be no promotion/relegation next season?

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

CBPA8120_3889

Christ. How far have Dunfermline fallen in recent decades. This would be unthinkable twenty years ago. Suppose C19 is the curveball right enough, but still.

manaliveits105

work together - positive way forward sharing resources - Mulraney doesnt do irony does he 

absolute khunt of a man

Just now, credit card said:

Without knowing what the guidelines are for the arbitration panel regarding awarding a compensation package it is difficult to agree or disagree.

I have not seen any documents on here that give guidnace on how much can be awarded and whether their is a cap on it such sa there is on the amount the SFA can fine clubs.

The legal experts who post on here might have more knowledge on this and advise.

My inclination is that the panel will some osrt of guidelines to work to but as with these type of things it will be kept behind closed doors which I personal;ly donm't agree with but then it is the SFA.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You can't just dismiss one figure and guess another 😄

3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Just plucking numbers out of thin air like everyone else.

How about £8 million?

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I have no agenda.

There will be no reconstruction

There will be no interdict

There will be minimal compensation

Anything other than these outcomes is a bonus, the club will hopefully come together once we all get on with it.

OK - let's widen the game a bit here (hopefully) to stop folk posting more opinions  dressed up as fact .....   delete as appropriate -

There will be / will not be reconstruction 

There will be / will not be an interdict

There will be no / minimal / significant / full  compensation

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Wasn't necessarily meaning just the arbitration...

I know, the thread taking up everyone’s attention but just repeating itself. Just wish it was done now. 

16 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Some people just won't let go. 

maroonedinoz
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

hope not, I am getting to the point where I just want a conclusion to this but at the same time want us to get the best result we can. This feels like neither of those.

Me too.

I’m worried that if it goes much longer we end up focussing on the legal fight, at the expense of focussing on the football team.

Just want To see us back ASAP playing football, free of distractions.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )