SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

33 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

A lot of fans now getting to the point of fatigue. There’s too much talk of moving on and accepting our fate, as it allows us to plan, etc.

This is exactly what the SPFL have been waiting for. They expected it sooner, but we dug our heels in.

So, why go through everything we’ve been through, just to allow fatigue to win the day.

It sounds like a lot of fans are actually prepared to ‘take their medicine’ in order for clarity.

No way! Don’t roll over now! Remember how you felt 6 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.

I understand the desire to move on. I want to move on too, but not by just stepping to one side.

Why fight this hard to just give up now.

🇱🇻

What's the hurry to 'move on' ? 

Unless we are reinstated our season doesn't begin until October. 

Plenty of time to take our case to the limit. 

The SPFL and the clubs that stitched us up will want to 'move on', it's in their interests to do so not ours. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Yes but am not a fantasist like most kbers who actually believe there will be reconstruction, get in the real world it's all about money.

You know, I've not read one post in which anyone says, 'I believe there will be reconstruction', not one post that suggests we will 'definitely win'. Plenty of posts where people are overly optimistic, but most non-negative posts are cautious and acknowledge that, at best, it could go either way. On the other hand, this thread is full of extremely negative posts that are posted in a superior way that suggests anyone who doesn't agree with it is living in cloud cuckoo land, yet they never give evidenced justification for their negativity. It's a bit like betting against your team, if your team wins, then great, if it loses, well you've got the consolation of a few bob in you pocket and a right smart arse air when you tell your mates, who thought we'd win, you were right and they were wrong.

Now, I'm pretty sure Ann Budge and the rest of the board have had many a sleepless night over this, but throughout they've been much closer to the action than we could ever dream of and, regardless of any positive legal advice, have been in a position to end it at any time if it became obvious to them they were in a no win position. So how can it be that anyone on here can know better than them whether or not defeat is certain? Can anyone tell us how they know defeat is so certain and give us at least a clue where their inside information is coming from or what expertise in the fields of law and arbitration they hold? We could then have closed down the thread ages ago and told the board to get on with preparing for life in the Championship instead.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

What's the hurry to 'move on' ? 

Unless we are reinstated our season doesn't begin until October. 

Plenty of time to take our case to the limit. 

The SPFL and the clubs that stitched us up will want to 'move on', it's in their interests to do so not ours. 

I’m not sure this can be the indefinite fight you want it to be though. If we win or if we lose, arbitration will probably be final. It usually is.

Harry Potter
55 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

probably decided to just give Celtic* the Cup

😂 Nothing would surprise me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

You know, I've not read one post in which anyone says, 'I believe there will be reconstruction', not one post that suggests we will 'definitely win'. Plenty of posts where people are overly optimistic, but most non-negative posts are cautious and acknowledge that, at best, it could go either way. On the other hand, this thread is full of extremely negative posts that are posted in a superior way that suggests anyone who doesn't agree with it is living in cloud cuckoo land, yet they never give evidenced justification for their negativity. It's a bit like betting against your team, if your team wins, then great, if it loses, well you've got the consolation of a few bob in you pocket and a right smart arse air when you tell your mates, who thought we'd win, you were right and they were wrong.

Now, I'm pretty sure Ann Budge and the rest of the board have had many a sleepless night over this, but throughout they've been much closer to the action than we could ever dream of and, regardless of any positive legal advice, have been in a position to end it at any time if it became obvious to them they were in a no win position. So how can it be that anyone on here can know better than them whether or not defeat is certain? Can anyone tell us how they know defeat is so certain and give us at least a clue where their inside information is coming from or what expertise in the fields of law and arbitration they hold? We could then have closed down the thread ages ago and told the board to get on with preparing for life in the Championship instead.

I’m not going to name names but I could list several posters of a positive persuasion who have tried to position themselves as experts on this matter and have consistently been wrong with projections which, if not stated as fact, were stated as informed opinions. Two or three in particular.

10 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Bit harsh? Your view is clearly the pessimist view, the ones that believe we’ll get reconstruction are in the optimist camp. Not sure fantasist is fair and just stinks of someone provoking an argument.

I say this as someone who also believes we’ll be awarded compensation but nowhere near what we should get.

:spoton:

Some of the misplaced arrogant grandstanding on this thread is incredible. Folk who know no more than anyone else trying to condescend to others. 🙄

44 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

A lot of fans now getting to the point of fatigue. There’s too much talk of moving on and accepting our fate, as it allows us to plan, etc.

This is exactly what the SPFL have been waiting for. They expected it sooner, but we dug our heels in.

So, why go through everything we’ve been through, just to allow fatigue to win the day.

It sounds like a lot of fans are actually prepared to ‘take their medicine’ in order for clarity.

No way! Don’t roll over now! Remember how you felt 6 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.

I understand the desire to move on. I want to move on too, but not by just stepping to one side.

🇱🇻

This 100%

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not going to name names but I could list several posters of a positive persuasion who have tried to position themselves as experts on this matter and have consistently been wrong with projections which, if not stated as fact, were stated as informed opinions. Two or three in particular.

I suppose it makes the forum more interesting.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

😂 Nothing would surprise me.

If we win compensation one of the conditions would be we give half to Celtic.😂

just cos.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Pandemic thread is another example with expert posters on Covid-19.

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not sure this can be the indefinite fight you want it to be though. If we win or if we lose, arbitration will probably be final. It usually is.

I do worry about the reaction of some fans if we lose and Budge says something like "while we still believe we have been very unfairly treated we have pursued all legal options and will now focus fully on ensuring we are promoted back to our rightful place at the first opportunity". I'd like to think the vast majority of fans will accept that if we don't take it further it is because there are no other options. But I expect some will use it as an excuse to go back to attacking Budge and the club.

troonmaroon
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Welcome to the Internet! 😉 You'll also find the complete opposite. People who position themselves as experts in naysaying anyone and everyone else. 😑 The rest of us are somewhere in between. 👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s hardly alone there tbf. People only get called out for it when they’re negative though.

I think what people tend to call out is unsupported negativity where it's stated in a way that suggests the doomsayer not only has knowledge the rest of us don't,  but that anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot. Having a bad feeling about something, or not trusting the SFA, SPFL, the arbitration panel, Uncle Tom Cobley or that the sun will rise tomorrow is not evidence and is not an argument, and if it's not even accompanied with a disclaimer that makes it clear it's only a gut feeling, then it is total BS and as worthless as the over-optimistic posts some of them deride.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s not what he said. The difference is, there’s not been one poster I can think of who has said “we will get reconstruction from arbitration”.

All the condescension has come from a small group of individuals who bizarrely think they have some kind of inside track on proceedings at a behind closed doors arbitration process. I don’t include @David McCaig and a few others in this, as they have set out their opinions as opinions, and backed them up with evidence as to why they think what they do. Others however have been a dreadful read. Ridiculing others for asking questions and offering opinions on a topic that they themselves are no more clued up on than those they are mocking. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I do worry about the reaction of some fans if we lose and Budge says something like "while we still believe we have been very unfairly treated we have pursued all legal options and will now focus fully on ensuring we are promoted back to our rightful place at the first opportunity". I'd like to think the vast majority of fans will accept that if we don't take it further it is because there are no other options. But I expect some will use it as an excuse to go back to attacking Budge and the club.

I think it would be a reasonable comment tbh. If we do lose then at some stage we have to move on.

But as an aside, when this is done Budge needs to answer for the utterly shite management of the club this season. That is a totally separate issue to the SPFL behaving like dicks.

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I think what people tend to call out is unsupported negativity where it's stated in a way that suggests the doomsayer not only has knowledge the rest of us don't,  but that anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot. Having a bad feeling about something, or not trusting the SFA, SPFL, the arbitration panel, Uncle Tom Cobley or that the sun will rise tomorrow is not evidence and is not an argument, and if it's not even accompanied with a disclaimer that makes it clear it's only a gut feeling, then it is total BS and as worthless as the over-optimistic posts some of them deride.

:clap:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Doesn't get past the lack of argument put forward by the doomsayers, nor the suggestion that any optimism is idiotic. By all means, if anyone has genuine cause to believe we've lost, then let us know and tell us what information you have that the rest of us don't. Even if it's just a bad feeling, it's fine to share it, as long as it's made clear that's all it is. Look at the negative posts that has sparked this exchange and point to one that gives any justification for it's point, then tell me it was a point worth making.

1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

🇱🇻

I think it would be a reasonable comment tbh. If we do lose then at some stage we have to move on.

But as an aside, when this is done Budge needs to answer for the utterly shite management of the club this season. That is a totally separate issue to the SPFL behaving like dicks.

This is the real crux behind many of the negative posts. Let’s be honest for a change. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Agree. She’s a woman etc etc

manaliveits105

some folks glass is half full - some folks glass is half empty 

some folk smash their glass then post on jkb 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Yes but am not a fantasist like most kbers who actually believe there will be reconstruction, get in the real world it's all about money.

Yeap - all about the cash

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

👍

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sums up the place perfectly.

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It must’ve been nice to have had that opportunity 

0E616362-39A8-44EC-92FE-A78D67AF31E6.jpeg

Aye but Hearts were shite they deserved to go down they should just take your medicine and all that blah blah

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This is the real crux behind many of the negative posts. Let’s be honest for a change. 

I totally agree.

A good example is the volume of posts that repeatedly wanted AB to go for early interdict or criticised her for engaging with recon or slagged her off for not instituting court proceeding much earlier. I (and others) consistently explained that AB was absolutely doing the right thing.

Lord Clark subsequently  praised the club for how it had conducted itself, to the point that it was beyond reproach.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Some of the misplaced arrogant grandstanding on this thread is incredible. Folk who know no more than anyone else trying to condescend to others. 🙄

Exactly, no one knows what will happen, or what has happened. Some may have knowledge of law and arbitration due to their work and those people have been helping give some understanding but not saying what will happen.

No one knows, though it does feel a test of how you naturally think over whether people predict positive or negative outcomes.

Brave Hearts
23 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It must’ve been nice to have had that opportunity 

0E616362-39A8-44EC-92FE-A78D67AF31E6.jpeg

and similarly, we should Never Give Up our fight to correct the wrong that has been done to Partick Thistle, Stranraer and us

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Go online to any covid discussion and you'll be bombarded with people ranting about masks and lockdown and what have you. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's a majority opinion, yet you go to the supermarket and find everyone quietly getting on with their day and doing what they're meant to do, with the odd exception of course.

It's the same here, no matter what happens there'll always be a very vocal minority who are pissed off and want to make sure the whole world knows it, and there's nothing can be done about it, it's inevitable. 

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I totally agree.

A good example is the volume of posts that repeatedly wanted AB to go for early interdict or criticised her for engaging with recon or slagged her off for not instituting court proceeding much earlier. I (and others) consistently explained that AB was absolutely doing the right thing.

Lord Clark subsequently  praised the club for how it had conducted itself, to the point that it was beyond reproach.

Absolutely bang on the cash mate, she had to go down the road that she did to make it look this way in the judges eyes as well, she couldn't have just tried to cause carnage from the start without turning over every stone first, otherwise we'd have been laughed out of the courtroom, we have a fighting chance because of her actions. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

🇱🇻

Spot on 👍

We have come this far. 

Time to hold the nerve now. 

No longer active
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Someone last night claimed there was a 10am press conf. Not true, I suppose? 

Guess you’ll find out in 7 minutes

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Someone last night claimed there was a 10am press conf. Not true, I suppose? 

I think it's been decided that the presser is about the Scottish Cup, no danger they're going to make an announcement over the arbitration result. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

and similarly, we should Never Give Up our fight to correct the wrong that has been done to Partick Thistle, Stranraer and us

Correct 

6 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I totally agree.

When the vote for the SPFL resolution passed and Budge headed up the reconstruction group, I was dismayed. To my mind I could not see how we could fight our expulsion whilst accepting it and entering in to talks on reconstruction. Turns out I was wrong. Most on this thread have been wrong about something during the process. Hasn’t stopped certain posters from positioning themselves as some kind of seer of future events.

18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

This

1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

Guess you’ll find out in 7 minutes

😊

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think it's been decided that the presser is about the Scottish Cup, no danger they're going to make an announcement over the arbitration result. 

👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hmm, maybe partly. You and I both know I don’t rate her.

I find it very odd that on the one hand people rage about the damage the SPFL are doing to us (and I don’t disagree with that) but on the other think a ceo who took us to the bottom of the league and lost control of the football side completely is doing a good job. It’s a contradiction.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

Some folk should just "away and boil yir heid". 

Patience. 😎

😬👍🏼

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

When the vote for the SPFL resolution passed and Budge headed up the reconstruction group, I was dismayed. To my mind I could not see how we could fight our expulsion whilst accepting it and entering in to talks on reconstruction. Turns out I was wrong. Most on this thread have been wrong about something during the process. Hasn’t stopped certain posters from positioning themselves as some kind of seer of future events.

I think AB was acting in the spirit of utmost good faith towards the SPFL and member clubs, which is something they did not do towards us. If there's any justice that will weigh in our favour.

lost in space

I find it very odd that on the one hand people rage about the damage the SPFL are doing to us (and I don’t disagree with that) but on the other think a ceo who took us to the bottom of the league and lost control of the football side completely is doing a good job. It’s a contradiction.

Its not a contradiction - she did a poor job on the football side. Dont think many would disagree.

Now she is doing a good job on the legal side. Dont think many would disagree.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Its not a contradiction - she did a poor job on the football side. Dont think many would disagree.

Now she is doing a good job on the legal side. Dont think many would disagree.

She has handled this process professionally, I’m not denying that. But as if that’s a makeweight for overseeing a team who were bottom of a league as bad as the SPFL. 

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I am crystal clear on this.

AB has been key in putting us bottom of the league and TBF I believe she has put her hand up on that, especially her admission that she was loyal for too long to CL.

On the more pressing issue of us being expelled, I believe she has played things absolutely right. Whatever the pending announcement IMHO.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Feldy Jambo

One thing that's been impressive is the lack of leaks coming from the Arbitration Panel. A lot of organisations could learn from this. 

Harry Potter
13 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Spot on 👍

We have come this far. 

Time to hold the nerve now. 

Hold the nerve, ive been to the toilet twice already 😵.

Just listening to the 10am sports headlines on BBC Scotland. First up, will Morelos stay or go, then news of Lennon praising Griffiths for his attitude since being pulled up for his fitness. Then finally, a mention of Gary’s Anderson at the darts. 

Do these clowns really think that if they they don’t talk about arbitration it’ll just go away? The MSM are a ****ing joke, complicit by their actions. 

The whole thing is rotten to the core. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Feldy Jambo said:

One thing that's been impressive is the lack of leaks coming from the Arbitration Panel. A lot of organisations could learn from this. 

Nobody would dare. Too much at stake and can’t be seen to be prejudicing it.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )