SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I hope so, I've had the champagne on ice for far too long

I’d buy more ice. I expect a low compensation award and a further court case.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Jamstomorrow
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A press conference for a decision that is to be given out in private? Hmmm.

If true, is it possible that the decision was made at the weekend.  Those concerned were informed and this is that decision now being made public?

6 hours ago, obua said:

Just heard from a good source there’s a presser at Hampden at 10 am.

Hope their gonna tell us something that'll get us back to playing football again, in the spl, obviously. 

Sick fed up if all this nonsense, it's gone on far too long.

LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, obua said:

Before this blows up. Let's not start bombarded the thread with anticipatory 10am conference tweets. Been too many false calls. If it happens it happens.

New sponsorship for Scottish Cup then.

:)

Original 3 year sponsorship with WH announced in Aug 2011;  4 year renewal Oct 2015; cessation bt Aug 2020 in Feb 2020.

Edited by DETTY29

Surprised not much has been said about the fact the interim vote results were announced by Doncaster when they said that Dundee were still to vote as if to apply pressure.

It cannot be right for something so important (that allegedly had 28 days and not the Good Friday 5pm deadline) to be handled the way it did.

Complete shambles from those at the top

Edited by adam1998

Captain Canada

I'm not interested at all in going down and getting compensation. And while I'm sick of the whole thing, it would be great if we go back to the CoS, get an interdict then get reinstated in the next couple of weeks. 

Even the full amount of compo would only put us back on an even keel financially so I don't see that as any kind of victory, especially if we are unfairly expelled. 

We've come this far so hopefully maximum carnage for everyone else will be the result. 

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Playing each other 3 times to give 36 fixtures?

That’ll please Sky. 

I know we have more pressing concerns with our own arbitration issues, but I hope the supporters of other clubs are speaking out against this utterly shite proposal for the Scottish Cup. 🙄

16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I know we have more pressing concerns with our own arbitration issues, but I hope the supporters of other clubs are speaking out against this utterly shite proposal for the Scottish Cup. 🙄

Is the proposal just for the coming season because of Covid or is it a permanent proposal. Obviously the latter I am dead against but the former makes sense as smaller teams outside of the SPFL have no funds for testing and anything else for that matter.

if it is a permanent solution then they should hang their heads in shame.!

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’d buy more ice. I expect a low compensation award and a further court case.

hope not, I am getting to the point where I just want a conclusion to this but at the same time want us to get the best result we can. This feels like neither of those.

I have no agenda.

There will be no reconstruction

There will be no interdict

There will be minimal compensation

Anything other than these outcomes is a bonus, the club will hopefully come together once we all get on with it.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Question being , can the government interfere ?

Nothing to do with FIFA

The FBI is a government agency and they investigated FIFA.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I have no agenda.

Anything other than these outcomes is a bonus, the club will hopefully come together once we all get on with it.

You also don’t have a scooby doo about any of it, and everything you put there is nothing other than your opinion, stated as fact.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

The FBI is a government agency and they investigated FIFA.

Indeed. Aye, football’s administrative offices can just tell governments to keep out of their business though. Err... naw.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

You also don’t have a scooby doo about any of it, and everything you put there is nothing other than your opinion, stated as fact.

Yes but am not a fantasist like most kbers who actually believe there will be reconstruction, get in the real world it's all about money.

7 hours ago, obua said:

probably decided to just give Celtic* the Cup

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I have no agenda.

This. 

willie wallace

Here we go again guys.I am a reinstatement only man and hopefully today will be the day.

Good luck everyone.

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I have no agenda.

More than likely I would think. 

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I have no agenda.

Just accept an unfair decision and suck it up?

A lot of fans now getting to the point of fatigue. There’s too much talk of moving on and accepting our fate, as it allows us to plan, etc.

This is exactly what the SPFL have been waiting for. They expected it sooner, but we dug our heels in.

So, why go through everything we’ve been through, just to allow fatigue to win the day.

It sounds like a lot of fans are actually prepared to ‘take their medicine’ in order for clarity.

No way! Don’t roll over now! Remember how you felt 6 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.

I understand the desire to move on. I want to move on too, but not by just stepping to one side.

Why fight this hard to just give up now.

🇱🇻

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s hardly alone there tbf. People only get called out for it when they’re negative though.

We're going to be awarded the SPFL title,   £1bn,   annual access to the Champions League,   daily access to the Victoria's Secret bursds,   the Nobel Peace Prize,   the moon,   a home delivery slot from Tesco.

If all this happens,   I'll not hesitate to tell you so.

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just accept an unfair decision and suck it up?

Take our medicine as some would put it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

A lot of fans now getting to the point of fatigue. There’s too much talk of moving on and accepting our fate, as it allows us to plan, etc.

This is exactly what the SPFL have been waiting for. They expected it sooner, but we dug our heels in.

So, why go through everything we’ve been through, just to allow fatigue to win the day.

It sounds like a lot of fans are actually prepared to ‘take their medicine’ in order for clarity.

No way! Don’t roll over now! Remember how you felt 6 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.

I understand the desire to move on. I want to move on too, but not by just stepping to one side.

🇱🇻

Arbitration is supposed to be binding so unless there is some aspect of the arbitration process which allows us to return to court, I’m not sure what our next move would be.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We're going to be awarded the SPFL title,   £1bn,   annual access to the Champions League,   daily access to the Victoria's Secret bursds,   the Nobel Peace Prize,   the moon,   a home delivery slot from Tesco.

You’ve just taken that to far 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Finally someone in the know wohooo

Edited by steve123

No longer active
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Celtic will want their ball back if true

9 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

🇱🇻

"Take their medicine" would suggest hearts and partick have done something  wrong and should accept punishment. I don't think that is applicable to this scenario 

If it was as cut and dry a case it would be long over by now. If it does go in our favor but we do not get reinstated, then it should be fair financial recompense (our terms of fair and not the SPFL's)…..nothing minimal or marginal. As much as I really admire the club for pushing as far as they have done with this; to accept anything below par at this point will still be a loss in my eyes. Pride doesn't win prizes! We should fight this till the bitter end and milk them for every last drop. Screw em all!

16 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

🇱🇻

Reinstatement is all we want!!!

Hopefully today's the day🤞

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This. 

Some folk should just "away and boil yir heid". 

Patience. 😎

32 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yes but am not a fantasist like most kbers who actually believe there will be reconstruction, get in the real world it's all about money.

I think everyone is in the same boat tbh. Nobody knows. Some think hope we will get reconstruction, and others don’t. Until something is actually decided, nobody is right or wrong. For what it’s worth, I think it’ll be compensation in the end. I certainly wouldn’t rule out reconstruction though, and that precisely down to you being right about it all being about money.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s hardly alone there tbf. People only get called out for it when they’re negative though.

No. Negative posters feeling hard put upon due to their negativity influencing their feelings. ;) 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Take our medicine as some would put it.

Yep. 

We will have to accept the final decision but the events of the last 4 months should hopefully focus our mindset when it comes to other clubs and the league for years to come. 

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think everyone is in the same boat tbh. Nobody knows. Some think hope we will get reconstruction, and others don’t. Until something is actually decided, nobody is right or wrong. For what it’s worth, I think it’ll be compensation in the end. I certainly wouldn’t rule out reconstruction though, and that precisely down to you being right about it all being about money.

Recon is dead, and because the c3 voted it down they cannot scream out for it now.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. 

We will have to accept the final decision but the events of the last 4 months should hopefully focus our mindset when it comes to other clubs and the league for years to come. 

Hopefully this. We will never forget how they behaved towards us. I feel we’ll get nothing from this as it’s Scottish football and it’s corrupt as feck.

We at least stood up to the bully boys of the SPFL and made some noise. Still proud of our club for how we behaved throughout all of this. 

HHGH

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. Negative posters feeling hard put upon due to their negativity influencing their feelings. ;) 

I suppose that could be true. I guess what I’ve learned from this saga is that if you’re Les Deans, you can make up any manner of shite and people will applaud you for it 👏 

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Recon is dead, and because the c3 voted it down they cannot scream out for it now.

Disagree. If arbitration finds in our favour, and they say that we were unfairly expelled, leaving a choice of reconstruction or compensation, then the C3 are not going to want to lose more money. Clubs have no shame whatsoever when it comes to money, and they would happily do a 180 turn on their previous stance if it cost the least money.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

No word yet?

Funny that.  I'm sure the press would of tweeted/reported something if a press conference was planned.  

hearts 4 the cup
45 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Bit harsh? Your view is clearly the pessimist view, the ones that believe we’ll get reconstruction are in the optimist camp. Not sure fantasist is fair and just stinks of someone provoking an argument.

I say this as someone who also believes we’ll be awarded compensation but nowhere near what we should get.

2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Funny that.  I'm sure the press would of tweeted/reported something if a press conference was planned.  

Might not come in the form of a press conference - more likely just a press release. It would save some from possibly being asked embarrassing questions.

2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Maybe, just maybe, I was joking? 😄

Saint Jambo

I don't really get the belief that we are likely to get a small amount in compensation. It seems likely to me that we'll either get nothing or significant compensation (or reinstatement of course).

As I understand it...

We will only get any kind of decision in our favour if the SPFL are effectively deemed to have broken the law. If that happens we will only receive compensation if the SPFL successfully argue that rectifying the situation through reinstatement is not an option.

To then determine the compensation the panel will consider the scale of our losses as a result of the SPFL's illegal actions. This isn't like compensation for libel where the financial impact is hard to quantify. It isn't mediation where they are trying to find a solution to please all sides. They might assess the impact on us as less than £8m, but hard to see that they could calculate it as much less. Perhaps they would then try to make an adjustment for the possibility that we would have been relegated anyway. The BBC ran a story that they had got some academics to model the outcome and found less that 50% probability we would go down - so maybe half the figure. If we do get compensation I find it hard to see how they could come to a figure of less than £3m (calculate losses of £6m then cut in half).

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Arbitration is supposed to be binding so unless there is some aspect of the arbitration process which allows us to return to court, I’m not sure what our next move would be.

That is correct. However, the panel haven’t given their verdict yet ... so let’s remain indignant towards the people who forced us to go down this road in the first place.

Edited by MCW1976

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )