SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So do people think the outcome will be announced tomorrow?

God I hope so. All this hanging around is doing my head in.

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Ha I always read it as Mainstream Scottish Media...

You could be right.  I am a bit dyslexic.   Well I used to be, but I am ko now!  ;)

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

your first paragraph, they are finishing their leagues and cup competitions before starting their new season.

The one thing that they did do wrong was the way they stopped league 1 and 2 and relegated on ppg. something i am wondering is if there is going to be a legal challenge from teams like tranmere

If there is a legal challenge it will have been cheaper damages than a big hitter from the Prem' or champ'.  I am almost certain they can afford a pay off to the L1 and L2.

Edited by HMFC01

3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

God I hope so. All this hanging around is doing my head in.

Back to CoS Thursday and interdict not to start season.

Just imagine.

Bazzas right boot

If this drags on for more weeks I'm going to set something or someone on fire. 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Back to CoS Thursday and interdict not to start season.

Just imagine.

Richard Gordon would self combust.

It's what they wanted to happen. Delay and wait for the season to start and hope there is nothing we can do about it. Sweep sweep.

6 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Reckon he would be to unwell to go on air.

Surely this week we must know?

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Not if smiths right boot gets to him first!!

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not if smiths right boot gets to him first!!

That’s what I was thinking 😂😂

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So do people think the outcome will be announced tomorrow?

Going by the last 4 months of BS I think it's going back to CoS by Wednesday.  

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was called one as well, cannae remember what for tho. 

Escapes me too, bud. 😉

Geoff Kilpatrick

Six days before the new league season starts and this issue still hangs over the game, which could potentially stop kick off.

Scottish football gets the leadership it deserves. God, I hope we interdict to stop the season starting.

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

I got called a Hobo for asking if we can say Beniusis is shite yet, after the Barcelona friendly game.

What did you call him after that game v. Hibs? 😂

Nookie Bear
50 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I got the impression that Bian McLaughlin knew more than he was letting on for obvious reasons. He is very friendly with the Hearts board, Gary Locke and Jim Jefferies in particular. 

As much as I respect JJ and Locke, I would pay good money to listen to a podcast of those two discussing the legalities of this case 😁

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Six days before the new league season starts and this issue still hangs over the game, which could potentially stop kick off.

Scottish football gets the leadership it deserves. God, I hope we interdict to stop the season starting.

Wouldn't you rather we just win our case and got re-instated? 😄

maroonedinoz
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I dunno, I'm a bit fed up now of all the politics tbh.

Just want us to get back to playing football asap.

BackOfTheNet

Sportscene already on the TV guides for Saturday night, advertising Craig Gordon as a pundit. It’s completely ludicrous that the situation is still pending.

And if it’s still pending come next Saturday then what? League starts and we just carry on going through legal proceedings that are to determine whether or not we should be kept in the league that’s already started? At this rate I genuinely don’t expect any sort of conclusion next week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Playing golf today with a Raith fan who is quite embarrassed by his chairman and his attitude,  his desperate efforts,  while freely admitting anything could have happened and he was not convinced Raith would go up.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sportscene already on the TV guides for Saturday night, advertising Craig Gordon as a pundit. It’s completely ludicrous that the situation is still pending.

And if it’s still pending come next Saturday then what? League starts and we just carry on going through legal proceedings that are to determine whether or not we should be kept in the league that’s already started? At this rate I genuinely don’t expect any sort of conclusion next week.

In my legal opinion we would have to interdict, just to clarify my knowledge is less than 0  !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Much better than Richard Gordon 

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would be another refund the SPFL would be due the BBC

Stupid Sexy Flanders

So there's Aston Villa, 7 points behind with only 12 to play for, staging the great escape and staying up. But Hearts "deserve to go down". 🙄

If this looks like it is going to run into next weekend I'd expect us to file for an interdict. Can't see going on that long though. That would be ridiculous.

I reckon that we'll get our decision tomorrow at some point and the weekend was for a bit of deliberation. 🤞 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

I dunno, I'm a bit fed up now of all the politics tbh.

Just want us to get back to playing football asap.

Well, if we lose this case then you’ll have to wait til October so it’s probably worth sticking out a few more days. 

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sportscene already on the TV guides for Saturday night, advertising Craig Gordon as a pundit.

Unless he is going to take the opportunity to absolutely slate the SPFL (and the BBC for their shocking reporting of all this) I would prefer that Ann Budge or Robbie Neilson told him be wasn't doing this. No one from Hearts should be giving legitimacy to a Premiership that we have been expelled from. If we aren't reinstated we should treat this with the contempt it deserves.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Unless he is going to take the opportunity to absolutely slate the SPFL (and the BBC for their shocking reporting of all this) I would prefer that Ann Budge or Robbie Neilson told him be wasn't doing this. No one from Hearts should be giving legitimacy to a Premiership that we have been expelled from. If we aren't reinstated we should treat this with the contempt it deserves.

They are all still on furlough he may be struggling for cash lol

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That is a reasonable question, at least if no-one on the panel is of the standing of a judge.

If, for example, a "solicitor" on the panel ruled that the Dundee vote could be lawfully changed, in the absence of a weight of precedents, then such a ruling could possibly be challenged at the CoS on the basis of an "error of law".

If no panel member felt able to make such a call, and the decision was dependent on it,  then it would make sense to seek a legal "opinion from a serving judge.

I’ve thought from the start that if there is no precedent on the Dundee vote how can anyone pass judgement/rule on it other than a judge and he would have to create a precedent. And that would mean going back to a judge. 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, harrywragg said:

I've no been called one yet thankfully!. .. us jags must be, on the sliding scale from Jambo to 'vermin', just on the right side of acceptable 😉

Know what's funny Harry? No offence here, wonder if you've had similar.

We're continually being told "nae sympathy, you deserve to go down cos you were shite". My response is always, "but what about Partick?"

"aye, that's a shame."

Then I need to point out that you've also been shite!!!!

Invariably then get told we've spent big etc and again need to point out that Partick ain't paupers in Champ terms....

The point being made that its irrelevant what teams form was, or most definitely what their player budget is (as if that could be relevant!!), the matter is a point of law and, at its root, fairness.

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. 

I also don't think active players should be punditing. From a sporting point of view, what Boyd used to say about fellow pros was always unbelievable and quite hiw he avoided being hauled up was eye opening. And secondly, on the other hand, it's mundane. If you're less thick than Boyd, you'll basically be vanilla AF.

No good for the game, no good for the viewer, but that's our BBC for ya.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Know what's funny Harry? No offence here, wonder if you've had similar.

We're continually being told "nae sympathy, you deserve to go down cos you were shite". My response is always, "but what about Partick?"

"aye, that's a shame."

Then I need to point out that you've also been shite!!!!

Invariably then get told we've spent big etc and again need to point out that Partick ain't paupers in Champ terms....

The point being made that its irrelevant what teams form was, or most definitely what their player budget is (as if that could be relevant!!), the matter is a point of law and, at its root, fairness.

I'd agree that we were fifty shades of shite this season and had the season run it's full course & we went down then so be it, fully deserved. 

We'll never know though with us improving slightly & QOS and Alloa both starting to signs of free fall. 

Arguably we have been a club that has, unlike Dunfermline and Dundee, lived within our means and that could partly explain why we were bottom in March. 

Happy to go quietly into the night into L1, but they will need to compensate us appropriately as the self interest and lack of any integrity will mean real people at the club will lose their jobs.

Or they can reinstate us. 

Seems a no brainer but, like supporting the Jags, I'm hoping for the best this week but dreading the result. 

Lone Striker
31 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Totally agree.    Makes you wonder what their true agenda is by inviting him on - to snigger and embarass him  for turning down the glorious 8.79 in a row club and joining  the hated outcasts of Scottish football perhaps ?

Ann should definitely pull the plug on this, especially if we lose.

p

Class of 75
2 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

I'd agree that we were fifty shades of shite this season and had the season run it's full course & we went down then so be it, fully deserved. 

We'll never know though with us improving slightly & QOS and Alloa both starting to signs of free fall. 

Arguably we have been a club that has, unlike Dunfermline and Dundee, lived within our means and that could partly explain why we were bottom in March. 

Happy to go quietly into the night into L1, but they will need to compensate us appropriately as the self interest and lack of any integrity will mean real people at the club will lose their jobs.

Or they can reinstate us. 

Seems a no brainer but, like supporting the Jags, I'm hoping for the best this week but dreading the result. 

Fingers crossed Harry we both get the right result this week. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Could a 13.team league work? 

Playing each other 3 times to give 36 fixtures?

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Playing each other 3 times to give 36 fixtures?

You would need a 4th bigot fest somewhere or give up £xm to SKY.

Brian McLaughlin gave a breakdown on the old contract and it was around £1.25m per  OF game, subject to negotiation.

Less than a £10m hit I suppose. 

Edit - naturally Doncaster has negotiated down as SKY pay back is £1.5m over 5 years or McLaughlin talking rubbish.

Edited by DETTY29

8 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If a government wanted to interfere I doubt FIFA could stop them.

Question being , can the government interfere ?

Nothing to do with FIFA

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, obua said:

Just heard from a good source there’s a presser at Hampden at 10 am.

A press conference for a decision that is to be given out in private? Hmmm.

Just curiosity, but I wonder what (if any) mandate the SPFL Executive have in circumstances like this?

Assuming we win - will the Panel just make the call unilaterally on reinstatement / compensation, or will they ask for arguments / opinions on which to base their decision?

If the SPFL lawyer fights against us getting reinstated, I can see a lot of Clubs being mightily pissed off at having to pay out compensation - especially those that did actually back us.

Likewise, if the SPFL lawyer fights for us to be reinstated to save Clubs going under, the Calpol 3 are not going to be happy at all.

The sensible option all along has been reconstruction, but do the SPFL have the right to agree to impose that against their members wishes?

1 hour ago, The Gasman said:

Just curiosity, but I wonder what (if any) mandate the SPFL Executive have in circumstances like this?

Assuming we win - will the Panel just make the call unilaterally on reinstatement / compensation, or will they ask for arguments / opinions on which to base their decision?

If the SPFL lawyer fights against us getting reinstated, I can see a lot of Clubs being mightily pissed off at having to pay out compensation - especially those that did actually back us.

Likewise, if the SPFL lawyer fights for us to be reinstated to save Clubs going under, the Calpol 3 are not going to be happy at all.

The sensible option all along has been reconstruction, but do the SPFL have the right to agree to impose that against their members wishes?

Of course it has, but let's not forget that it was the SPFL who instigated all of this. We all suspect who put them up to it as well.

Sadly, the pathetic little pretend "professional" football clubs that populate Scottish football, wouldn't vote for reconstruction. Well, f@#k them. You reap what you sow and the end result of this is that several of them will go out of business and the rest will end up playing amateur football if they're lucky. And they will have zero influence on Scottish football going forward.

It won't happen immediately, but it will happen soon. I will have sympathy for the genuine fans these clubs have, but as for their owners? Hell mend them.

6 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

So there's Aston Villa, 7 points behind with only 12 to play for, staging the great escape and staying up. But Hearts "deserve to go down". 🙄

Also Man Utd, 12 points adrift of Leicester in February, but finish 4 points above them.

5 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I expect a decision tomorrow.

I hope so, I've had the champagne on ice for far too long

32 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Of course it has, but let's not forget that it was the SPFL who instigated all of this. We all suspect who put them up to it as well.

Sadly, the pathetic little pretend "professional" football clubs that populate Scottish football, wouldn't vote for reconstruction. Well, f@#k them. You reap what you sow and the end result of this is that several of them will go out of business and the rest will end up playing amateur football if they're lucky. And they will have zero influence on Scottish football going forward.

It won't happen immediately, but it will happen soon. I will have sympathy for the genuine fans these clubs have, but as for their owners? Hell mend them.

Spot on!  It's time to get rid of these tin pot little operations from the professional league.  There is no way that diddy little part time outfits like Brechin or Albion Rovers should have any say over matters that might impact proper, full time professional clubs, who hundreds of people rely on for their living.  Hearts probably employ more people than actually turn up to watch some of those clubs.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )