SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

What happened to AB fighting this in the Courts?

Budge gives her take

Ann Budge has revealed she doesn’t believe the SPFL’s proposal will be voted through - but will accept the outcome if it is.

The Hearts owner is angry at the plans which could see her side relegated despite being just four points behind 11th with 24 points left to play for.

But after conversations with clubs in the top two leagues, she doesn’t expect it to garner enough support.

She said:

“Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported.

“We are where we are in the league positions and if everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right then I will not fight it till the death. How is that going to end?

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.

“But I do just keep coming back to the point of who is going to benefit?”

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Our understanding at Record Sport is that this is how the top flight clubs are voting:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

HIBS - UNDECLARED

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

Votes needed: 9

Yes: 7

No: 3

Undeclared: 2

10:57

As it now seems HIbs are voting yes that makes Ross Co the important vote if this is to be believed.

Alternatively it seems that leagues 2 and 3 combined will only reach a max of 14 votes anyway. Presumably if 1 leagues votes fail the whole thing does.

So if its 9-3 does it pass or do we go back to the table??I've given up the will to live listening to some on this - im still stunned that folk with self interest in this are allowed to vote at all seems mad to me 😒

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Budge gives her take

Ann Budge has revealed she doesn’t believe the SPFL’s proposal will be voted through...

:gok:

Time to go hen if this wraps up. All down to County.

gashauskis9
Just now, rory78 said:

So if its 9-3 does it pass or do we go back to the table??I've given up the will to live listening to some on this - im still stunned that folk with self interest in this are allowed to vote at all seems mad to me 😒

Think it passes if it's 9-3 sadly.  

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

It would pass is 9 teams vote yes. But it also requires 8 teams from Championship and 15 teams from.league 2 and 3 combined to pass.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I started following Hearts at the start of the 1957/58 season. A lot of my memories are a bit hazy. 

From my own recollections and those of older family members the board of Hearts would have sold their grannies for a shilling. They sold Dave Mackay when he didn't even want to go. Not only that he went for a fraction of his worth. 

They then proceeded to sell both Alex Young and George Thomson in a double transfer to Everton thus breaking up the title winning side of 1960.

Not content with that there was the treatment of Willie Bauld with the club charging him expenses for his testimonial match even charging for the match ball. Willie Wallace to Celtic for 30k WTF. 

I could go on on and on but I'm sure folk get the gist. 

So would the Hearts board of the 50s and 60s have held the team together in modern day football ? 😂😂😂😂

My stepdad still cites that as one if the most criminal acts by our board at the time. Apparently Jock Stein said of the transfer that he had just signed an entire forward line for £30k, or words to that effect.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Jee said:

:gok:

Time to go hen if this wraps up. All down to County.

County will vote to send us down as they still have to play us twice.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It would pass is 9 teams vote yes. But it also requires 8 teams from Championship and 15 teams from.league 2 and 3 combined to pass.

If the 3 play off teams and Partick vote no then it won't pass overall then regardless of the other leagues?

Edited by Gashauskis9

Hibs will vote yes to the SPFL’s proposal meaning it’s all down to Ross County for the top flight to reach the required number of clubs.

Record Sport understands the Easter Road club will give their approval despite it costing them a place in the league, should the top flight follow the lower leagues.

They would drop down to seventh with St Johnstone jumping above them but they are still happy to go ahead with the plans.

There is no official confirmation of their vote yet but we expect them to say yes to it.

It means Ross County are the only club left as undecided and the Premiership vote will all be down to them.

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Football still went ahead post the great war.

Yes, but the flu was a state secret and downplayed. 🤔

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

They need a combination of at least 9 premiership teams, 8 Championship teams and 15 from a combination of Leagues 1 and 2.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Alternatively it seems that leagues 2 and 3 combined will only reach a max of 14 votes anyway. Presumably if 1 leagues votes fail the whole thing does.

Nah, they will buckle now the other proposal got kicked out just like Hibs have.  

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If the 3 play off teams  in the championship vote no then it won't pass overall then regardless of the other leagues?

Yes. But Ayr have already said they'll back it.

However Partick will vote against and Dundee have seemingly said they will vote against. Just need ICT to follow.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hibs will vote yes to the SPFL’s proposal meaning it’s all down to Ross County for the top flight to reach the required number of clubs.

Record Sport understands the Easter Road club will give their approval despite it costing them a place in the league, should the top flight follow the lower leagues.

They would drop down to seventh with St Johnstone jumping above them but they are still happy to go ahead with the plans.

There is no official confirmation of their vote yet but we expect them to say yes to it.

It means Ross County are the only club left as undecided and the Premiership vote will all be down to them.

Ross County to vote on voiding the season and getting no money or continuing the season and face possible relegation? Can’t see it like. 

Let's hope that Ann Budge doesn't finally discover that the other SPFL chairmen are not to be trusted and will say one thing to your face before stabbing you in the back.

glynnlondon
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What happened to AB fighting this in the Courts?

Budge gives her take

Ann Budge has revealed she doesn’t believe the SPFL’s proposal will be voted through - but will accept the outcome if it is.

The Hearts owner is angry at the plans which could see her side relegated despite being just four points behind 11th with 24 points left to play for.

But after conversations with clubs in the top two leagues, she doesn’t expect it to garner enough support.

She said:

“Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported.

“We are where we are in the league positions and if everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right then I will not fight it till the death. How is that going to end?

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.

“But I do just keep coming back to the point of who is going to benefit?”

The fact she could be in for a surprise should come as no surprise

Just now, normando said:

Apart from badness it makes no sense of any kind Hibs to vote yes.

Financial security?

Sacrifice 100k (not even guarenteed) in prize money to secure immediate payment. 

Absolutely typical of the Hibs to say one thing and then do the other because Lywell calls them. I sincerely hope these *******s go bankrupt.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Absolutely typical of the Hibs to say one thing and then do the other because Lywell calls them. I sincerely hope these *******s go bankrupt.

Hibs never declared any position until now.

Financial security?

Sacrifice 100k (not even guarenteed) in prize money to secure immediate payment. 

And derby matches next season? 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

They still haven’t either.  Just media guessing either way. 

davemclaren

Indeed, hopefully there are calmer heads in the Hearts boardroom than on here. 😄

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well that's Leanne of Mrs Budge's Christmas Card list. 

No more cosy lunches for them.

It really should have been ten. 

:fth:

There goes the peace and friendly trophy plan.  Get them in the bin, tramps. 

gashauskis9

Surprised nobody in the play off positions has put forward an amendment to this to say that the play off games (like the remaining Scottish cup games) be played later in the summer based on current positions.  

Just now, frankblack said:

They are still hurting after the last one.

Fair point.  Is £105k (probably x 2) not worth the but hurt though? 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And derby matches next season? 

2 games where they will have Dundee United who usually travel well anyway.

I can't see RC voting no.  They will need the money plus they have Celtic sniffing around after one of their youth players.  Some 15 year old prodigy.  No doubt will they offer the club a bit extra for him.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Aye we do.  Big time.  Them or Inverness. 

Why? It is much more likely the leagues below will vote against it anyway.

Edited by hughesie27

2 games where they will have Dundee United who usually travel well anyway.

They would bring half the support and corporate will be shite also.  Spangles to a man.  I would relegate them though so I can kind of see why. 

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Chances of ross county voting no? Lol

Was it County that came out a few weeks ago and said they were financially ok and continuing to pay full wages?

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Surprised nobody in the play off positions has put forward an amendment to this to say that the play off games (like the remaining Scottish cup games) be played later in the summer based on current positions.  

Would be rejected by SPFL board in the same way that Huns proposal was rejected. SPFL board only want an all or nothing vote on their corrupt motion.

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

**** them all , they can ram their 40 pieces of silver up their collective farters 

Take a bow

Ross County based on their recent form and financial position will be voting yes.

I would like to think if we can prove clubs have been bullied into voting yes that this would strengthen a legal case.

Ultimately though we have been stitched up as have Partick.

Oh and **** Hibs and their shithouse owner and CEO.

Budge better tell her to **** off on anything in future....which is good cause i hate this cosy cosy relationship.

We don't need them to lol.

Thought it would make the vote inept 8-4 needs 9 votes to pass in the spfl does it not ? 

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Ross County based on their recent form and financial position will be voting yes.

I would like to think if we can prove clubs have been bullied into voting yes that this would strengthen a legal case.

Ultimately though we have been stitched up as have Partick.

Oh and **** Hibs and their shithouse owner and CEO.

Budge better tell her to **** off on anything in future....which is good cause i hate this cosy cosy relationship.

100%. About time that nonsense was put to bed anyway.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )