SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Forever Hearts
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Huns are just playing up to their kappa-wearing crowd.

They know they’ve got zero chance of winning the league.

Sporting integrity means we can't announce league winners until ALL the fixtures have been completed. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, 25bhr said:

I am informed a minimum of Hearts ,Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will vote against the proposal today.  Let us hope that constructive discussions will now take place. A range of options must be put before clubs.  It is scandalous that Rangers proposal did not go on the table.    It is a clear conflict of interest on the part of certain board members of SPFL who's club may benefit from a certain course of action, to vote on what resolutions may or may not be considered.  They should consider that such conduct could be a key feature of any civil court proceedings that may ensue. 

I believe there is a stateable case to the Court of Session in the event that Hearts are ejected from the SPL without  the league being played to a conclusion. The action ,in my opinion, should allege breach of contract, with the aforementioned conflict of interest being laid before the court.  Remedies sought could include financial recompense plus interdict against SPFL proceeding without Hearts in the top league. 

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where have you discovered Hibs are likely to vote against? I am aware Aberdeen has been reported as voting against.

Yeah I know that but my train of thought up to now has been so negative it's draining my soul.  What's next would be Rangers proposals to get accepted.  

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your Scottish scientist may well be right. I of course am in no position to say either way BUT there are hundreds of scientists and medical experts all having there tuppence worth about this. 

Why do you automatically assume one in particular is correct. 

Just because he's telling you what we all want to hear don't assume he is correct. 

Not just her, Kate Brockendale iirc??, there are several scientists saying similar. I agree though, all have different views and we can't just pick out one. I was just pointing that for all the doom mongers that think we'll be imprisoned in our homes for ever more, there are other voices out there

bean counter

The last time the SFA\SPFL tried to bribe the clubs with the five way agreement it took the chairmen and boards of the lower league clubs to stand up and say no. Memorably Turnbull Hutton at Raith.

I read today that the current chairman thinks the SPFL resolution may just fail to be accepted by the lower league teams although he admits it will be close. Hopefully they again will stand together and do what is right.

Some of the chairmen of premier league clubs are just looking after their own clubs interset ( some would say that was their job ) and not caring about what is best for Scottish Football.

Celtic want the league called so they get nine in a row

Celtic will not want the league called if it means no champions league spot next year

Rangers just want to stop Celtic and are partly using our potential relegation as an excuse.

Was the announcement yesterday extending the shut down timed to put more pressure on clubs, most definately

On a personal note I don't trust what Aberdeen say publicly they have previous for saying one thing then voting the other way

I believe it would help clubs if they pay the monies out now on the positions as they stand, include a caveat that if we end up completing the league a reconciliation will be done and adjustments taken from next season monies.

I still like the idea of a 14 team league

Play everyone home and away        26 games

split into two mini league of seven and play home and away again         12 games

Total 38 games as now and sky still get their four old firm derbies

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sporting integrity means we can't announce league winners until ALL the fixtures have been completed. 

The Huns even trying to spell sporting integrity is a joke 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You think the huns (or us) would give a shiny shite about that if they where top and Hibs bottom? 😁

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

The last time the SFA\SPFL tried to bribe the clubs with the five way agreement it took the chairmen and boards of the lower league clubs to stand up and say no. Memorably Turnbull Hutton at Raith.

I read today that the current chairman thinks the SPFL resolution may just fail to be accepted by the lower league teams although he admits it will be close. Hopefully they again will stand together and do what is right.

Some of the chairmen of premier league clubs are just looking after their own clubs interset ( some would say that was their job ) and not caring about what is best for Scottish Football.

Celtic will not want the league called if it means no champions league spot next year

Rangers just want to stop Celtic and are partly using our potential relegation as an excuse.

Was the announcement yesterday extending the shut down timed to put more pressure on clubs, most definately

On a personal note I don't trust what Aberdeen say publicly they have previous for saying one thing then voting the other way

I believe it would help clubs if they pay the monies out now on the positions as they stand, include a caveat that if we end up completing the league a reconciliation will be done and adjustments taken from next season monies.

split into two mini league of seven and play home and away again         12 games

This would be the best idea but then just to throw glorious spanner in the works, imagine the scenes if rangers or Celtic ended up in top half and bottom half so sky don’t get their 4 old firm games. Never going to happen but Jesus Christ it would be funny 

2 minutes ago, bean counter said:

Obvious , you'd think

I think Budge is doing the right thing, assuming that she's quietly confident there are enough votes to reject the SPFL proposal without us showing our hand at this stage.

Whatever action(s) we can take, should keep them to ourselves until we need to use them. 

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Fear of our boycott. 

😂 They’ll really miss the 800 or so fans we take.  Utd will fill that away end anyway.

Early indications think the proposal Will be defeated but will be very very close (sky sports news)

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Teams have blown League titles from similar positions that Celtic find themselves in. 

The Rangers have nine games to play two of them against Celtic. 

There is an arrogance about Celtics position. Assuming that Rangers won't beat them twice and assuming that they are incapable of dropping four points in the other six games. 

It's as bent as a nine bob note. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You think the huns (or us) would give a shiny shite about that if they where top and Hibs bottom? 😁

Nope. But we are so we might as well do everything we can to stop this going ahead. Just like every other club in our situation would. 

26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from an article on the BBC relating to Rangers request to release prizemoney early.

And the Ibrox club say they have had "numerous reports" from Scottish sides of "attempts to coerce and bully them" into backing the SPFL's own proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

Celtic are a disgrace. We should ensure they are never given to tickets at Tynecastle ever again. 

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Probably

That doesn’t mean they don’t have a valid argument. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not just her, Kate Brockendale iirc??, there are several scientists saying similar. I agree though, all have different views and we can't just pick out one. I was just pointing that for all the doom mongers that think we'll be imprisoned in our homes for ever more, there are other voices out there

Nobody knows how this will run. The 1919 flu pandemic had two waves, the second worse than the first, then disappeared due to mutating to a weaker version they reckon. The issue is that Football is at the bottom of the ‘restore normality’ pile.  

merseyjambo

I think 16/16/14 is best way forward.

Split leagues after 30 games. Top 6 play each other twice, so sky get their 4 OF games a season. Bottom 10 once. Makes 40 & 39 games. 

Bottom team relegated. 2nd bottom and to 3 in league below have English style play offs - semi final and final at neutral venue.

Bottom league incorporates top 2 from highland and lowland league where bottom 2 are relegated and replaced by winner of highland and lowland league.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Jimbojack said:

Early indications think the proposal Will be defeated but will be very very close (sky sports news)

Even if it is a close no, it’s actually very concerning that almost 75% of our clubs would vote for this.  Or even more concerning that the SPFL haven’t put a better option in the table.  Maybe Doncaster could resign and give up some of his massive wages to help the lower league clubs.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No problem. 

Obviously we all want the people you quote to be correct. 👍

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's also about football in general. 

I binned sky sports years ago, binned the national team about 4 years ago. 

Most are over paid bloated arseholes 

£500k/week contracts getting handed out. 

Uefa is run by about 8 clubs. 

Closer to home our shite House league is owned by 2 clubs and ran for these two horrible ******* clubs. 

Hamilton are on the board of the committee , just about sums up the voting system. 

I mostly agree, bud. 

I've long since become jaded and depressed with football in general. I've actually never subscribed to Sky or others. If Hearts aren't involved I've little interest and English and CL football leave me cold. Andy Roxburgh, Craigie Broon and the SFA kicked out any slight interest I ever had in the Scotland team years ago. 

But turn my back on The Hearts? 

Never. 

I don't think you will, either. 😊😉

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

80% are not DUE to get it. That figure is trotted out because it is the absolute maximum infection rate possible because at that point the virus dies out. They predict now that 5% have had it....if 80% are going to get it then we might as well just forget the lockdown and get on with life.  If, as is happening, the infection rate decreases then in a few weeks hospital admissions will decrease and eventually deaths too. Most of the experts agree that a blunt tool, as the lockdown is, is not sustainable for more than a couple of months.

Hate to go off topic but the lockdown is a bit futile while planes from US , Spain and China,  for example, arrive at UK airports daily and the passengers are not checked at UK airports. 20 glights from US alone due to land at Heathrow tomorrow, mental.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nobody knows how this will run. The 1919 flu pandemic had two waves, the second worse than the first, then disappeared due to mutating to a weaker version they reckon. The issue is that Football is at the bottom of the ‘restore normality’ pile.  

Football still went ahead post the great war.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If we are relegated that's Palmerston off the  away day list along with Raith.

I can’t make up my mind whether I’d turn my back on Scottish football or just boycott certain clubs. Similar dilemma to when they were voting to allow Sevco into the league. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No problem. 

Obviously we all want the people you quote to be correct. 👍

Let's hope so Dug👍

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I tend to follow the UK briefings tbh, they provide far more clarity, the scientists present graphs and clarification and, generally, more detailed information.  Although early days, they expect the peak to be over the next week or so and they do seem in agreement that the curve of new infections is starting to flatten. They now seem focussed on the exit strategy and releasing the lockdown. The FM is out of step with the opinions of most scientists if she thinks the peak will come in the Autumn.  In the end, her hands will be tied by what happens at a UK level

Different interpretation of yesterday’s UK briefing Enzo. All three said it was far too early to even start thinking about an exit strategy. That’s the temp PM, chief scientist and chief medic. None of them suggested that they knew when the peak would be. All three said they would let the science guide them over the coming weeks and that at the moment the science didn’t suggest relaxing any measures. What briefing did you watch? 

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nope. But we are so we might as well do everything we can to stop this going ahead. Just like every other club in our situation would. 

Too fecking right.  No need to spout sporting integrity though it’s dog eat dog.  Keep Dundee Utd down if it comes to it. 

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You could argue that we have reached a peak today but we still have 40 - 50 dying every day and this will go on for months. 80% of us are due to contract the disease so unless a vaccine can be found this lockdown will be with us for a long long time to come. 

That is the worst case scenario.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hate to go off topic but the lockdown is a bit futile while planes from US , Spain and China,  for example, arrive at UK airports daily and the passengers are not checked at UK airports. 20 glights from US alone due to land at Heathrow tomorrow, mental.

Totally agree EIEIO. It's madness. Why are we all socially distancing while we possibly import more cases without even testing them??

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can’t make up my mind whether I’d turn my back on Scottish football or just boycott certain clubs. Similar dilemma to when they were voting to allow Sevco into the league. 

Never turn my back on Hearts, it's a personal choice 're other clubs though. I stopped going to Ibrox and Parkhead about 20 years ago as have most Jambos for a variety of reasons. Mine was a combination of having young kids and giving £20+ to the evil twins.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Even if it is a close no, it’s actually very concerning that almost 75% of our clubs would vote for this.  Or even more concerning that the SPFL haven’t put a better option in the table.  Maybe Doncaster could resign and give up some of his massive wages to help the lower league clubs.

My anger has switched from the smaller clubs to Celtic and the SPFL. 

They are clearly bullying the other clubs. 

I still think if we go down we look after ourselves and donate away ticket money to FOH. 

Nothing to do with revenge just pure economics. Hearts are in line to lose a lot of money over this. We need to get some of it back. In addition to the above immediately after our fate is decided if its negative we should apply article 12 to all our duds and save money that way. 

26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The clubs being bullied should say so then.  What have they got to lose?  Unless the huns are lying?

I would imagine there will be a lot of lobbying going on around the clubs trying to sway clubs to vote the way they want and this will be where they are getting this impression from. I am not sure even the Huns would lie about something like this.

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In terms of the length of the lockdown it's probably sensible to look at Wuhan where they took similar measures to the ones we're taking. They started in January and began easing off in the last couple of weeks, so roughly three months. Taking that as a very rough guide I think we're looking at easing off here around the end of May. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Different interpretation of yesterday’s UK briefing Enzo. All three said it was far too early to even start thinking about an exit strategy. That’s the temp PM, chief scientist and chief medic. None of them suggested that they knew when the peak would be. All three said they would let the science guide them over the coming weeks and that at the moment the science didn’t suggest relaxing any measures. What briefing did you watch? 

Matt Hancock mentioned, a couple of days ago, the peak coming within the next week.  All 3 yesterday mentioned the curve flattening and cases starting to go down over the next couple weeks. They maybe didn't mention it directly yesterday but, by definition,  if we are flattening out then we will be reaching the peak soon.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

That is the worst case scenario.

It’s also not true, it’s tory propaganda designed to force us back to work.. given the R0 of this disease all 80% or 50 million will contract the virus within a year. Given 10% require a hospital visit that would mean 5million require hospitalisation, and 60+ million dead globally.  

if that is accurate we may as well give up the lockdown now and start building morgues .. 

The only news I can find on Hibs voting no is based on assumption that they would lose points and not get certain amount of money, also losing a euro placing.  So we aint going to get a secure no vote from Hibs. 😔

Might be some news later before 5 but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Matt Hancock mentioned, a couple of days ago, the peak coming within the next week.  All 3 yesterday mentioned the curve flattening and cases starting to go down over the next couple weeks. They maybe didn't mention it directly yesterday but, by definition,  if we are flattening out then we will be reaching the peak soon.

They said that a couple of weeks ago as well.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It’s also not true, it’s tory propaganda designed to force us back to work.. given the R0 of this disease all 80% or 50 million will contract the virus within a year. Given 10% require a hospital visit that would mean 5million require hospitalisation, and 60+ million dead globally.  

if that is accurate we may as well give up the lockdown now and start building morgues .. 

They expect social distancing to reduce the RO to less than 1 so that will be goodnight midnight for the virus.

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The only news I can find on Hibs voting no is based on assumption that they would lose points and not get certain amount of money, also losing a euro placing.  So we aint going to get a secure no vote from Hibs. 😔

Might be some news later before 5 but I doubt it.

AB will be trying to persuade Leanne to vote with us.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would imagine there will be a lot of lobbying going on around the clubs trying to sway clubs to vote the way they want and this will be where they are getting this impression from. I am not sure even the Huns would lie about something like this.

Nah I would never trust a thing they say, ever.  Good news the top teams are backing out this though.  

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

AB will be trying to persuade Leanne to vote with us.

The Peace and Love Trophy, Murrayfield, July 2021. 

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Hibs to vote in favour.

No surprise to see the slaver that is @Agentjambo wrong again.

As I've stated before,just passing on what I was told.

Our understanding at Record Sport is that this is how the top flight clubs are voting:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

HIBS - UNDECLARED

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

Votes needed: 9

Yes: 7

No: 3

Undeclared: 2

10:57

As it now seems HIbs are voting yes that makes Ross Co the important vote if this is to be believed.
Edited by wavydavy

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

As I've stated before,just passing on what I was told.

You post garbage on a constant basis regarding transfer rumours and all sorts. How you’ve not been banned I’ll never know.

Full of bullshit.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )