SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

The Celtic situation, and the SPFL's need to kowtow to them, is particularly galling. All because of 9 or 10iar. Something that means feck all to anyone other than 2 ludicrous, despicable clubs masquerading as "giants". 

Playing on sectarian differences in another country, blighting our own, to make money. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Aberdeen apparently set to vote against... doesn’t look like vote will pass today 

Edited by R08813

Enzo Chiefo
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lockdown will be eased.

Shops maybe towards end of month. 

Yes, I agree Mikey.  They seem to be focussrd on that now. I think there will be another 3 weeks or so of lockdown and then early May maybe start opening coffee shops and other outlets . They can still have social distancing measures like takeaway only or reduced seating. There would be  no difference in going into all shops as we do now with newsagents and supermarkets,  with reduced numbers, 1 in 1 out etc. 

Felix Lighter
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I started following Hearts at the start of the 1957/58 season. A lot of my memories are a bit hazy. 

From my own recollections and those of older family members the board of Hearts would have sold their grannies for a shilling. They sold Dave Mackay when he didn't even want to go. Not only that he went for a fraction of his worth. 

They then proceeded to sell both Alex Young and George Thomson in a double transfer to Everton thus breaking up the title winning side of 1960.

Not content with that there was the treatment of Willie Bauld with the club charging him expenses for his testimonial match even charging for the match ball. Willie Wallace to Celtic for 30k WTF. 

I could go on on and on but I'm sure folk get the gist. 

So would the Hearts board of the 50s and 60s have held the team together in modern day football ? 😂😂😂😂

It's something I've always wondered, in the post war period Hearts enjoyed their largest average attendances and were paying players a relative pittance. Along with the transfer fees you mention, and the acquisition of cheaper replacements the club must surely have been very wealthy.

Begs a rather obvious question, doesn't it? 

How did the club arrive at the position of destitution in the mid 70's a mere decade later.

No idea who were on the board back then, but seriously WTF. 

NaturalOrder74
20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m all for not calling the season now (unless no relegation) but yes for dishing out the prize money as it stands (maybe even with adjustments later if by some miracle the season is played out).  There may be a legal reason they can’t do this but if there is can’t the clubs / SPFL Board just change the rules?  They’re looking to change the rules anyway by relegating teams now.

everyone else on the planet is having to make changes due to these unforeseen circumstances, if they really had any interest in helping struggling clubs out they would make sure the cash was paid out one way or another. 

then you’ve got clubs like Livingston sucking it al up with a straw absolute morons 

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Honestly, when you break it down, is it worth it? 

We exist to allow two clubs to win every league title in what.. 30, 40, 50 years. 

About 10 clubs will win a trophy in 10.

Beyond our small scope, players earn £500k a ****ing week. 

Really? 

Players bin Hearts because some English 3td teir te offered £5k a week. 

Farce tbh. 

**** it. I'll support Hearts but I binned Scotland football wise, and if we get voted to go down by other clubs I'll chuck it. 

Corruption isn't worth supporting, even indirectly. 

Got a family, I'm not relegious. Is it worth it?

Presumably you'll stop posting on here if you're giving up Hearts 🤔

So the four biggest clubs outside Celtic in the country are set to vote against this.  Doesn’t that say something on its own?  The clubs not desperate absolutely desperate for the money don’t think this is legit.  

HardcoreJambo
11 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Aberdeen apparently set to vote against... doesn’t look like vote will pass today 

Aberdeen are after third spot and probably would have finished in that position had the league continued.

Just now, HardcoreJambo said:

Aberdeen are after third spot and probably would have finished in that position had the league continued.

Is there that much of a difference between third and fourth?  I wonder what they will reject it on, league reconstruction must be the only way if they think the league can’t be finished. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, R08813 said:

I wonder why their chairman had changed his stance? Especially given they will likely gain a guaranteed Europa League spot that they might miss out on if season played to a finish.  I know they could still finish 3rd but still a big gamble on their part.

5 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

everyone else on the planet is having to make changes due to these unforeseen circumstances, if they really had any interest in helping struggling clubs out they would make sure the cash was paid out one way or another. 

then you’ve got clubs like Livingston sucking it al up with a straw absolute morons 

Ive no issue at all with teams like Livingston looking out for the best interests of themselves - just like we are. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wonder why their chairman had changed his stance? Especially given they will likely gain a guaranteed Europa League spot that they might miss out on if season played to a finish.  I know they could still finish 3rd but still a big gamble on their part.

Must be league reconstruction.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

So some will likely be in already.

Yeah.  Some are in, the clubs with the statements I presume. 

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, 25bhr said:

I am informed a minimum of Hearts ,Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will vote against the proposal today.  Let us hope that constructive discussions will now take place. A range of options must be put before clubs.  It is scandalous that Rangers proposal did not go on the table.    It is a clear conflict of interest on the part of certain board members of SPFL who's club may benefit from a certain course of action, to vote on what resolutions may or may not be considered.  They should consider that such conduct could be a key feature of any civil court proceedings that may ensue. 

I believe there is a stateable case to the Court of Session in the event that Hearts are ejected from the SPL without  the league being played to a conclusion. The action ,in my opinion, should allege breach of contract, with the aforementioned conflict of interest being laid before the court.  Remedies sought could include financial recompense plus interdict against SPFL proceeding without Hearts in the top league. 

That’s very interesting. Good to here that there may be some legal options should things not go well for us. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Good statement from Rangers. Sounds like Peter Liewell has been doing a lot of scheming and bullying during lockdown!

Lewell is so far up Doncasters arse he can see Lennons feet. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Lewell is so far up Doncasters arse he can see Lennons feet. 

You got that the wrong way round. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

You got that the wrong way round. 

Im sure they mix it up a bit, just for fun. Either way they all get a blowie and a big threesome post coital hug. 

20 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

It's something I've always wondered, in the post war period Hearts enjoyed their largest average attendances and were paying players a relative pittance. Along with the transfer fees you mention, and the acquisition of cheaper replacements the club must surely have been very wealthy.

Begs a rather obvious question, doesn't it? 

How did the club arrive at the position of destitution in the mid 70's a mere decade later.

No idea who were on the board back then, but seriously WTF. 

You could start a new thread on that. 

Interesting subject. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Presumably you'll stop posting on here if you're giving up Hearts 🤔

Yes. 

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fear of our boycott. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

5pm today is deadline to vote

Can we trust them to count the votes correctly? 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

Is it worth it?

Remember Celtic Park when we won the Cup in 1998 against Huns?

Remember beating Hibs by 4 in cup semi final?

Remember beating Celtic in semi in 2012?

Remember 5-1?

Remember Robbo / Hartley/ Adam/ Skacel etc

YES, worth it.

I remember putting rangers out just a few weeks ago--brilliant stuff. 

3 trophies in 50 years while Scott brown has about 20 tho. 

Shite House tbh. 

If we get voted down, I'm out. 

Corruption, literally all about 2 clubs. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Can we trust them to count the votes correctly? 

No

And I don't think they will announce it today. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

And I don't think they will announce it today. 

How long does it take to count 50, or so, votes? 😃

1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Tom English was on about this, could be a very lengthy and expensive process. Not to mention burning all bridges with the governing body - however much a bunch of useless excrement they are - it’s their baw! 

“..... burning all bridges with the governing body ....”

Sounds like an excellent strategic plan!!

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doncaster must be walking like John Wayne these days.

'That'll be the day.'

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I remember putting rangers out just a few weeks ago--brilliant stuff. 

3 trophies in 50 years while Scott brown has about 20 tho. 

Shite House tbh. 

If we get voted down, I'm out. 

Corruption, literally all about 2 clubs. 

I kind of get where you are. There's nothing to say we or anyone else would win any more more without the corruption/guided incompetence in our game but the fact our two biggest ubs run roughshod over us all with every assistance they want wears me down. The fact they are only bigger than any of the rest of us doe to sectarianism in the first place doesn't help this.

And even then, I can just about live with this as "the way it is" and hope we're the ones to bring it crashing down. But when our authorities, media and indeed other clubs shoot down every piece of forward thinking and point blank refuse to take a look at our game and release it from cronyism and self protectionists, then the whole thing does leave you on your knees wondering why you bother. Same goes for Scotland.

It's all just so backward and uninspiring. And all designed to maintain a horrible status quo.

But give up on Hearts? Don't think I could.

Prize money should be given as the positions stand but there should be no Champions, Promotion or Relegation.

You cannot win a league or be relegated from one if you have not concluded fixtures. 

That would be :glorious:

Celtic don't get their title. 

Dundee Hibernian don't get promoted. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers acting exactly how I wanted Budge to act. Expose every single under hand tactic the SPFL are using and show us (the fans) that we aren’t taking this lying down. Calling the league as it stands has been the SPFL’s and Celtics plan from day dot of the shut down. 

Yes

But the trouble is that if Hearts had raised the same points, the usual suspects in the Scottish media and punditry, would be howling. Because it’s Rangers, they might listen to the argument, instead of just rubbishing it.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, martoon said:

If we all do that Tosh, Heart of Midlothian would die. 

All a bit cutting of your nose etc. 

It's also about football in general. 

I binned sky sports years ago, binned the national team about 4 years ago. 

Most are over paid bloated arseholes 

£500k/week contracts getting handed out. 

Uefa is run by about 8 clubs. 

Closer to home our shite House league is owned by 2 clubs and ran for these two horrible ******* clubs. 

Hamilton are on the board of the committee , just about sums up the voting system. 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s very interesting. Good to here that there may be some legal options should things not go well for us. 

This is an extract from an article on the BBC relating to Rangers request to release prizemoney early.

And the Ibrox club say they have had "numerous reports" from Scottish sides of "attempts to coerce and bully them" into backing the SPFL's own proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

13 hours ago, RENE said:

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

Depends

Force Majeure May lead to delay or it may lead to frustration of the contract. Or there may just be simple frustration of contract (that it can’t be concluded)

If it leads to frustration ie the contract isn’t concluded because it can’t be then the parties should be returned to the position (in so far as they can be) that they would have been at the start of the contract.

That would be grounds for repayment of at least some monies to TV/sponsors - equally I would argue that TV and sponsors have had the advertising exposure for most of the season so it wouldn’t involve a full refund - but then you have to look at the contract.

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not the ones that I have heard.  Social distancing is working and community transmission is reducing. She should focus on ensuring that NHS staff have enough PPE to protect them and stop transmissions  within hospitals. Perhaps she should also start explaining why she thinks it will take 4 or 5 months to reach a peak when the experts says we are close to it now.

You could argue that we have reached a peak today but we still have 40 - 50 dying every day and this will go on for months. 80% of us are due to contract the disease so unless a vaccine can be found this lockdown will be with us for a long long time to come. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What is wrong with you? I'm giving my opinion,  based on the wide range of comments and pronouncements that I have read from various different experts on the matter. The world leading Scottish scientist, based in California, who is working on a vaccine right now said that, after the summer, and I quote, "it may disappear altogether and we will never see it again". You seem to think there is only one, narrow,  state-fed viewpoint on this. Take the blinkers off and stop slavering.

Your Scottish scientist may well be right. I of course am in no position to say either way BUT there are hundreds of scientists and medical experts all having there tuppence worth about this. 

Why do you automatically assume one in particular is correct. 

Just because he's telling you what we all want to hear don't assume he is correct. 

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from an article on the BBC relating to Rangers request to release prizemoney early.

And the Ibrox club say they have had "numerous reports" from Scottish sides of "attempts to coerce and bully them" into backing the SPFL's own proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

The clubs being bullied should say so then.  What have they got to lose?  Unless the huns are lying?

12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

**** me - even Romanov’s most ardent sycophants cannot state with any degree of credibility that he saved us from liquidation. He didnt. He did caused us to be nearly liquidated - that much is a fact.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

**** me - even Romanov’s most ardent sycophants cannot state with any degree of credibility that he saved us from liquidation. He didnt. He did caused us to be nearly liquidated - that much is a fact.

saved us from moving to Murrayfield and selling Tynecastle 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Huns are just playing up to their kappa-wearing crowd.

They know they’ve got zero chance of winning the league.

davemclaren
Just now, HMFC01 said:

Ok, so we are good, we got 4 clubs being reported in different news that will vote no.   👍  

Let’s not assume anything until the fat lady  sings. 🥴

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You could argue that we have reached a peak today but we still have 40 - 50 dying every day and this will go on for months. 80% of us are due to contract the disease so unless a vaccine can be found this lockdown will be with us for a long long time to come. 

80% are not DUE to get it. That figure is trotted out because it is the absolute maximum infection rate possible because at that point the virus dies out. They predict now that 5% have had it....if 80% are going to get it then we might as well just forget the lockdown and get on with life.  If, as is happening, the infection rate decreases then in a few weeks hospital admissions will decrease and eventually deaths too. Most of the experts agree that a blunt tool, as the lockdown is, is not sustainable for more than a couple of months.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )