SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

38 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

This whole scenario has the fingerprints of that fat ******* Rod McKenzie all over it. Unfortunately the GFA managed to secure the services of one of the UK's top sports lawyers when he left Harper McLeod to join the SFA in 2018. 

Mike Mulraney, SFA Vice President is accredited to be a key player in coming up with proposals, according to the DR link beloe, I know.

He is Alloa Chairman.

I wonder where Alloa are in the Championship table?

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Any Hearts fan who doesn’t want St Mirren to go to the wall is not a Hearts fan. 

Yeah, **** St Mirren.

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, it is really. The landscape is so completely different between the two eras. You simply cannot compare. Do you honestly think the 50s players would have been at Hearts long enough to win what they did? In 2005-12? Don’t be so ridiculous. :lol: 

What a ridiculous argument, you might as well speculate what if your Auntie had baws - it’s the kind of shite a Hibs fans would argue to dismiss our success as “tainted “.  The fact is they were there long enough, they did win all those trophies including league titles, and we won no lesgue titles under Romanov while he put us into administration, almost out of business.  It’s not even a comparison.

Between 1954 -62 we won 7 trophies, including 2 league titles.  Between 1950-60 we finished in the top 4 for 11 consecutive seasons.  That was real success but sounds like you wish it didn’t happen - they’d love your twisted thoughts on .Net, maybe you should post them on there.🤣🤣

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yeah, **** St Mirren.

We had the opportunity and shat it. 

Its why we're bottom today and being lined up for the shaft. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We had the opportunity and shat it. 

Its why we're bottom today and being lined up for the shaft. 

Is true. In all this, no-one should forget the damage done to us by people on the inside 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What a ridiculous argument, you might as well speculate what if your Auntie had baws - it’s the kind of shite a Hibs fans would argue to dismiss our success as “tainted “.  The fact is they were there long enough, they did win all those trophies including league titles, and we won no lesgue titles under Romanov while he put us into administration, almost out of business.  It’s not even a comparison.

Between 1954 -62 we won 7 trophies, including 2 league titles.  Between 1950-60 we finished in the top 4 for 11 consecutive seasons.  That was real success but sounds like you wish it didn’t happen - they’d love your twisted thoughts on .Net, maybe you should post them on there.🤣🤣

Your total lack of comprehension is amusing. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pure speculation. Some scientists believe the virus will be curbed by another few weeks of lockdown and may appear again in winter. Others say that it may well disappear altogether and we will never see it again. Policy makers are starting to realise that prolonged lockdown may do as much damage to health and lives as the virus itself so it will never be a long term strategy. Life will probably be more or less back to normal by the scheduled start of next season imo.

You are making it up again despite being proven to be spouting nonsense on this topic exactly a week ago.

Next you will be saying Global Warming is a myth and man didn't land on the moon.

lost in space
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Honestly, when you break it down, is it worth it? 

We exist to allow two clubs to win every league title in what.. 30, 40, 50 years. 

About 10 clubs will win a trophy in 10.

Beyond our small scope, players earn £500k a ****ing week. 

Really? 

Players bin Hearts because some English 3td teir te offered £5k a week. 

Farce tbh. 

**** it. I'll support Hearts but I binned Scotland football wise, and if we get voted to go down by other clubs I'll chuck it. 

Corruption isn't worth supporting, even indirectly. 

Got a family, I'm not relegious. Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Remember Celtic Park when we won the Cup in 1998 against Huns?

Remember beating Hibs by 4 in cup semi final?

Remember beating Celtic in semi in 2012?

Remember 5-1?

Remember Robbo / Hartley/ Adam/ Skacel etc

YES, worth it.

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Why are the 12 Premiership teams voting on the lower leagues today when the vote on their league isn’t until 23rd April and for that vote is it all 42 again or just 12?

I thought the required margins were 9-3 for Premiership, 8-2 for Championship and 15-5 for the 2 combined bottom leagues.  How does that work if all 42 are voting on only 3 leagues today?  This sounds like a farce.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Your total lack of comprehension is amusing. 

Your lack of intelligence is.

Ann Budge has let all our supporters down badly. Her recent statements smack of  passive acceptance of our fate. No matter her involvement in saving us from liquidation her inability to make rational and speedy decisions have cost us expensively the last 2 years. Toom Tabard comes to mind as she is now just an empty coat in charge at Hearts. No fight on the park anymore and no fight in the boardroom. We deserve better.

H H G H

On 04/04/2020 at 10:21, jambovambo said:

No chance a) it will restart in June, as the lockdown will still be in place and b) clubs would clamour for a "pre-season" ...

They may as well get ready for a prolonged break. I don’t think that there is any chance of major sporting events being able to resume until next year. Our football authorities as usual burying their heads in the sand over this situation. You hope for leadership and pragmatism from the people running the game here and we are let down time and again. This is a great opportunity to restructure the game here properly so that it works for everyone and not just the Old Firm and the TV companies.  It won’t happen though only because  the game here is run by intellectual pygmies and abject cowards.  A complete lack of initiative and a willingness to embrace new ideas at the top. It’s why Scotland will continue to be a fourth rate footballing nation.  I just wish we could escape this league and join the English set up.

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why are the 12 Premiership teams voting on the lower leagues today when the vote on their league isn’t until 23rd April and for that vote is it all 42 again or just 12?

I thought the required margins were 9-3 for Premiership, 8-2 for Championship and 15-5 for the 2 combined bottom leagues.  How does that work if all 42 are voting on only 3 leagues today?  This sounds like a farce.

They are voting on all 4 leagues today. The difference is that the vote on the Premier is only to end it as is, if the league can't be concluded. But it is the SPFL Board that will determine that the league can't be concluded, it won't require another vote of the members.

The SPFL statement on their website is a better source than the media which are often doing a port job of explaining the detail.

The kicker is that the SPFL statement is clear that the SPFL Board have already concluded the league can't be concluded. But they need to wait for UEFA to say that ending leagues is OK to ensure a few Scottish clubs get to compete in Europe next season. That UEFA decision may come following their Exec meeting on 23 April. If they give the SPFL permission, expect a SPFL Board announcement that the league is over and Hearts are relegated within days.

So the SPFL claim that they need to make a decision now so they can release money. Even though that will burn a group of clubs who will be unfairly relegated or miss out on the chance for promotion through playoffs. Except that it won't actually be a decision for the Premier, but that won't stop them releasing money. Also while they could make a decision for the Premier now, they aren't willing to because it would potentially unfairly disadvantage teams that would qualify for Europe. The good of the game overall is the most important thing even if a small number of clubs are totally screwed over, unless the clubs that would be screwed over are Celtic and Rangers in which case their needs trump the overall needs. Nothing changes.

Edited by Saint Jambo

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pure speculation. Some scientists believe the virus will be curbed by another few weeks of lockdown and may appear again in winter. Others say that it may well disappear altogether and we will never see it again. Policy makers are starting to realise that prolonged lockdown may do as much damage to health and lives as the virus itself so it will never be a long term strategy. Life will probably be more or less back to normal by the scheduled start of next season imo.

I agree with you but with a caveat that high risk people will not be out and about until June/July. 

The 10th of June date suits the boards of SFA/SPL that gives 6 weeks to the start of the league cup campaign. This is a carve up no doubt about it I am hoping we make enough noise along with Rangers to get these games played.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Rods said:

I agree with you but with a caveat that high risk people will not be out and about until June/July. 

The 10th of June date suits the boards of SFA/SPL that gives 6 weeks to the start of the league cup campaign. This is a carve up no doubt about it I am hoping we make enough noise along with Rangers to get these games played.

I hope that lower league clubs like Inverness realise that they are being screwed over and make League reform a precondition of any agreement.

Fozzyonthefence

Thanks Saint Jambo.  It looks like the vote is going to be very close, possibly not quite enough votes to get this over the line at the first attempt (although I’m not clear what happens if one league votes differently to the others).  What is clear is if they added no relegation (like Belgium has already decided) this would get voted through, however, as that would constitute reconstruction it would need 11-1 from Premiership clubs then I believe two further votes.  This all goes back to Aberdeen not voting with the other clubs to bin the 11-1 requirement when Rangers weren’t in the league.

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are making it up again despite being proven to be spouting nonsense on this topic exactly a week ago.

Next you will be saying Global Warming is a myth and man didn't land on the moon.

What is wrong with you? I'm giving my opinion,  based on the wide range of comments and pronouncements that I have read from various different experts on the matter. The world leading Scottish scientist, based in California, who is working on a vaccine right now said that, after the summer, and I quote, "it may disappear altogether and we will never see it again". You seem to think there is only one, narrow,  state-fed viewpoint on this. Take the blinkers off and stop slavering.

Kirky Jambo
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

This whole scenario has the fingerprints of that fat ******* Rod McKenzie all over it. Unfortunately the GFA managed to secure the services of one of the UK's top sports lawyers when he left Harper McLeod to join the SFA in 2018. 

Mates with Lawwell as well I think.

Ive no idea about the legal case in all honesty but even if a members vote sends us down you would think the way they have done it (railroading teams into voting for it) should be open to challenge. Maybe breach of some kind of fiduciary duty. Also if they haven’t properly engaged with Sky.

Its a totally unprecedented scenario with unprecedented consequences so I wouldn’t have thought it’s going to be clear cut either way.

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Thanks Saint Jambo.  It looks like the vote is going to be very close, possibly not quite enough votes to get this over the line at the first attempt (although I’m not clear what happens if one league votes differently to the others).  What is clear is if they added no relegation (like Belgium has already decided) this would get voted through, however, as that would constitute reconstruction it would need 11-1 from Premiership clubs then I believe two further votes.  This all goes back to Aberdeen not voting with the other clubs to bin the 11-1 requirement when Rangers weren’t in the league.

I think its a case of all leagues or no leagues.

Would no relegation constitute relegation if 38 game havent been played.  There surely has to be a middle ground of voiding the remainder of the season, awarding titles, but not relegating due to non-completion.

What the SPFL are proposing is daft and they are trying to railroad it through by imposing an arbitrary and highly pressurised deadline.

The Rangers proposal of pay now and consider rationally with an easing of financial pressures has to be the correct option,

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Basically no one has a clue how this virus will play out 🙄 sick of seeing all these football authorities building up hopes for no reason when there are far more worrying things to think about just now

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Rods said:

Yes, I agree Rods. That would make sense to have a phased lifting of the lockdown for different age groups. Assuming a late July start, we could certainly get the season finished by ditching the League Cup and the winter break and starting the next campaign a bit later. Hopefully we, along with Rangers, stick to our guns. The idea that you have to penalise clubs and trample over sporting integrity ,simply because the rules state they can't distribute money until the season is done, is ludicrous. Change the rules and use a bit of common sense, as the Rangers proposal makes clear

Hagar the Horrible

Celtic are now complaining that is unfair that Oxford and Cambridge always make it to the final,  and demand this year they are awarded the title based on the evidence provided that Lennon has some boat race on him.  Plus Scott Brown is a massive Cox.

As for the Scottish Grand National their horse Alter Bhoy ridden by (insert your own joke here)!

Imagine in a court case if the jury were told they will only get paid their expenses if they deliver a guilty verdict. 

Such a scenario would be ridiculed as against all principles of natural justice.

Yet here we are. SPFL a corrupt organisation with no shame. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Will tv money have to be paid back to BT Sport and Sky if the season isn't completed? 

I don’t think anyone knows.  The SPFL have clearly been suggesting that is the case for null and void (if you’ve seen the Ayr chairman’s comments) but many have pointed out that there is no difference for the tv broadcasters between null and void and declaring after 29/30 games.

I’ve read that it is the case for Champions League that tv money would have to be refunded and talk about it in England too.  I don’t trust the SPFL over this - if they want the season declared as it is they will paint null and void to be a disaster irrespective of whether it is any worse or not.  They have form for bullying / scaremongering the clubs into their way of thinking - just remember how they handled the Sevco admission to the league.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Today’s vote is a little bit about helping some clubs out and a huge bit about trying to get the plastic paddies to 9 in a row 

I hadn't really bothered actually looking at the Premier League top placings since this Corona virus took hold. 

I can see now why The Rangers are so against the SPFL proposal. 

Thirteen points behind Celtic with a game in hand. Rangers could conceivably win their game in hand and should they win both the OF derbies they would only be four points behind with SIX games still to be decided. 

The situation in lower leagues is even tighter(Dundee Utd excepted). 

As I and others have said this situation stinks of corruption all to satisfy one club. Its criminal the way smaller clubs are being bullied because of the cash due to them being tied up in this proposal. 

I'm no lawyer but his should be investigated as criminal corruption. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Your lack of intelligence is.

Okay, since you need it broken down for you, I’ll do my best to put it in a way that you can understand:

Dave took exception to someone referring to the Romanov era as “our most successful” (presumably in the poster’s lifetime, or simply in modern times), and pointed out that the fifties team was our most successful. This is of course true, and they are our greats of yesteryear who we should and do revere.

The tangent of the fifties team came off the back of a discussion about successful owners of HMFC. Budge v Romanov in this instance. I for one am not happy about Budge’s interview where she rules out “fighting to the end” regarding demotion. I am however overall quite happy with her leadership of the club to date. When Romanov’s name came up, the usual lazy comments were flung in about him taking us to the edge of death. I countered this by pointing out the good things that he oversaw:

Saving is from death

Retaining Hartley and Gordon

Two Scottish Cups

Champions League Qualifiers

Second place finish

Rudi Skacel

Keeping is at Tynecastle

This was in response to Dave’s claim that he nearly killed our club. 

Now, here’s the tricky bit, so I’d like you to try and concentrate a little, and get your head around this...

Someone else claimed he was responsible for our most successful period as a club. I did not. Obviously the 1950s team was more successful, and we had better players. That’s not what was being debated here. I pointed out, that the successes of the 1950s would be impossible to emulate nowadays, because the game has changed so much, we would never be able to keep a hold of players of that quality long enough to have them in the same team for that length of time. If you can’t see that, then you are either clueless as to how different football is nowadays compared to them, or you are just being obtuse. Things that have changed since the fifties that make emulating that team impossible:

Money - this is the big one. Nowadays, TV money is unevenly distributed over the world’s football leagues. We don’t have any, in comparison to other clubs and leagues.

Agents - even if we did somehow manage to assemble a team of players of the relative ability of the fifties team, agents would pick that team apart within two seasons, by finding those players clubs who could pay them far more than HMFC could. Once upon a time that would be Manchester United, Real Madrid and Milan, sadly nowadays that would just as likely be Hull, Stoke or Reading.

Stats and data - every manager and scout on the planet now has unfettered access to the players within football club’s dressing rooms and academies. If we did manage to produce a clutch of homegrown talent with the ability of our most successful team, they would be picked up for peanuts before they even made a handful of appearances. So growing your own isn’t even an option. We lose promising players at that level all the time, and we are not talking about Bauld, Wallace, Wardhaugh or MacKay here either... I’m talking about David Gray, Danny Galbraith, Marc Leonard and co. We can’t even keep a hold of young guys of pretty average ability.

Bosman - agents can now move players out of clubs with consummate ease, by advising them of who is interested in their signature, and advising them to not sign extensions, so they can leave for free. So clubs like ours don’t even get proper recommence for any real talent we may produce. They will leave whilst still teenagers for pocket change that doesn’t allow us to reinvest in the squad to mitigate the loss.

Then there is things like splitting gate receipts and a whole pile of other factors that have meant we have fallen behind the “haves” of this world, to lesser or greater degrees.

What we achieved under Romanov was actually quite remarkable, it was a successful era in our history. It was not as successful as the fifties, obviously, but that wasn’t my claim. My claim is that it is now impossible for us to ever produce a team like we did in the fifties again, for the reasons above, and others.

For you to attempt to make out I am denigrating the achievements of the fifties team is either incredibly churlish, or because you lack the intelligence to understand that the modern footballing environment is so incredibly different now, to what it was back then.

The fifties team are rightfully revered as one of the greatest in our history, as well as Scottish football’s.history. I love reading about them, and hearing anecdotes about them. My step-dad is in his late seventies and he tells me all about watching us lift trophies back then. I can’t get enough of that. I understand however, that it is simply impossible for us to ever replicate that again, unless a multi-billionaire threw enough money at us. The modern equivalent of the terrible trio and Dave MacKay would be the sort of world class players that the elite clubs like Madrid, Juventus, Munich and Barcelona buy for tens of millions of pounds, and pay salaries many times in excess of our entire club’s annual turnover. 

Your “Hibs.net” comment is frankly pathetic and beneath even you. I am Hearts to very core. I have been supporting Hearts since I was seven years old. My first season was 1986. I am a shareholder and I have been an FoH contributed since day dot. I actually can’t stand Hibs more than many other supporters on here and in the real world. I read comments about how people wouldn’t like to see them go bust because they enjoy beating them etc. Not for me thanks, I’d love to see them liquidated. A vile club who’s supporters actively tried to stop our CVA and cause us to be liquidated. For you to suggest I have any affinity with that shower is equal parts hilarious and pathetic. For you to twist my perfectly clear points about the differences in football between the fifties and modern times in to me denigrating our most successful team like a Hibs fan would is actually contemptible. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I hadn't really bothered actually looking at the Premier League top placings since this Corona virus took hold. 

I can see now why The Rangers are so against the SPFL proposal. 

Thirteen points behind Celtic with a game in hand. Rangers could conceivably win their game in hand and should they win both the OF derbies they would only be four points behind with SIX games still to be decided. 

The situation in lower leagues is even tighter(Dundee Utd excepted). 

As I and others have said this situation stinks of corruption all to satisfy one club. Its criminal the way smaller clubs are being bullied because of the cash due to them being tied up in this proposal. 

I'm no lawyer but his should be investigated as criminal corruption. 

Partick Thistle have the biggest gripe in my opinion, they are only three points behind with a game in hand. How the hell can you relegate them under those circumstances? 

Aberdeen voting no, according to Keith Jackson. One more from the Premiership would kill it, the most likely source being Hibs.

Inverness CT are the key in the Championship as they essentially have the casting vote.

League One and Two are more uncertain but from manager comments it seems 5 or 6 are likely to vote against.

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Aberdeen voting no, according to Keith Jackson. One more from the Premiership would kill it, the most likely source being Hibs.

Inverness CT are the key in the Championship as they essentially have the casting vote.

League One and Two are more uncertain but from manager comments it seems 5 or 6 are likely to vote against.

Need 6 to vote against from 1 and 2.

If Hibs or ICT don't come out in support.

Hopefully when AB said she was confident we wouldn't be relegated she was confident on 3 other club support.

May be why she said she would accept decision yesterday.  

Straw clutching.

Appropriate day to get crucified but I think Hibs will save us. Dempster and Budge seem friendly and Ron is so rich the prize money is a mere trifle. 

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

This is great news. I’d prefer it was from a more reliable source than Jackson though. 

9 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Suppose we went to a 14 team league it surely can't be a problem for sky to get the fixtures they want ?

Exactly. 

The only stumbling block appears to be a reluctance to share revenue around 14 instead of 12. However, it need only be for one season. 

What is it about this pandemic/unique circumstances that others (clubs/SkyTV...) don't understand? And why should a few suffer unfair punishment while most don't? 

third lanark
16 hours ago, 22games nro said:

For every club that votes this way ,including all the other league teams, championship etc. and that's their choice,

but I won't spend one penny more going to any of their grounds for as long as I live , they have a choice but so do I.

they can ram it 

it might not break the bank for them but I could never give  them another penny !

Unfortunately the likes of Livi will probably be fine and it will be the shafted teams Partick Thistle and Stranraer that will struggle even more

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, are Sky demanding money back from The Open being cancelled for instance?

I get the feeling they’re hiding behind the Sky deal as an excuse, Sky would face a media backlash if they demanded money back for this. 
Celtic are pushing for the season to be called and to **** with everyone else.

The Celtic situation, and the SPFL's need to kowtow to them, is particularly galling. All because of 9 or 10iar. Something that means feck all to anyone other than 2 ludicrous, despicable clubs masquerading as "giants". 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Okay, since you need it broken down for you, I’ll do my best to put it in a way that you can understand:

Dave took exception to someone referring to the Romanov era as “our most successful” (presumably in the poster’s lifetime, or simply in modern times), and pointed out that the fifties team was our most successful. This is of course true, and they are our greats of yesteryear who we should and do revere.

The tangent of the fifties team came off the back of a discussion about successful owners of HMFC. Budge v Romanov in this instance. I for one am not happy about Budge’s interview where she rules out “fighting to the end” regarding demotion. I am however overall quite happy with her leadership of the club to date. When Romanov’s name came up, the usual lazy comments were flung in about him taking us to the edge of death. I countered this by pointing out the good things that he oversaw:

Saving is from death

Retaining Hartley and Gordon

Two Scottish Cups

Champions League Qualifiers

Second place finish

Rudi Skacel

Keeping is at Tynecastle

This was in response to Dave’s claim that he nearly killed our club. 

Now, here’s the tricky bit, so I’d like you to try and concentrate a little, and get your head around this...

Someone else claimed he was responsible for our most successful period as a club. I did not. Obviously the 1950s team was more successful, and we had better players. That’s not what was being debated here. I pointed out, that the successes of the 1950s would be impossible to emulate nowadays, because the game has changed so much, we would never be able to keep a hold of players of that quality long enough to have them in the same team for that length of time. If you can’t see that, then you are either clueless as to how different football is nowadays compared to them, or you are just being obtuse. Things that have changed since the fifties that make emulating that team impossible:

Money - this is the big one. Nowadays, TV money is unevenly distributed over the world’s football leagues. We don’t have any, in comparison to other clubs and leagues.

Agents - even if we did somehow manage to assemble a team of players of the relative ability of the fifties team, agents would pick that team apart within two seasons, by finding those players clubs who could pay them far more than HMFC could. Once upon a time that would be Manchester United, Real Madrid and Milan, sadly nowadays that would just as likely be Hull, Stoke or Reading.

Stats and data - every manager and scout on the planet now has unfettered access to the players within football club’s dressing rooms and academies. If we did manage to produce a clutch of homegrown talent with the ability of our most successful team, they would be picked up for peanuts before they even made a handful of appearances. So growing your own isn’t even an option. We lose good players at that level all the time, and we are not talking about Bauld, Wallace, Wardhaugh or MacKay here either... I’m talking about David Gray, Danny Galbraith, Marc Leonard and co. We can’t even keep a hold of young guys of pretty average ability.

Bosman - agents can now move players out of clubs with consummate ease, by advising them of who is interested in their signature, and advising them to not sign extensions, so they can leave for free. So clubs like ours don’t even get proper recommence for any real talent we may produce. They will leave whilst still teenagers for pocket change that doesn’t allow us to reinvest in the squad to mitigate the loss.

Then there is things like splitting gate receipts and a whole pile of other factors that have meant we have fallen behind the “haves” of this world, to lesser or greater degrees.

What we achieved under Romanov was actually quite remarkable, it was a successful era in our history. It was not as successful as the fifties, obviously, but that wasn’t my claim. My claim is that it is now impossible for us to ever produce a team like we did in the fifties again, for the reasons above, and others.

For you to attempt to make out I am denigrating the achievements of the fifties team is either incredibly churlish, or because you lack the intelligence to understand that the modern footballing environment is so incredibly different now, to what it was back then.

The fifties team are rightfully revered as one of the greatest in our history, as well as Scottish football’s.history. I love reading about them, and hearing anecdotes about them. My step-dad is in his late seventies and he tells me all about watching us lift trophies back then. I can’t get enough of that. I understand however, that it is simply impossible for us to ever replicate that again, unless a multi-billionaire threw enough money at us. The modern equivalent of the terrible trio and Dave MacKay would be the sort of world class players that the elite clubs like Madrid, Juventus, Munich and Barcelona buy for tens of millions of pounds, and pay salaries many times in excess of our entire club’s annual turnover. 

Your “Hibs.net” comment is frankly pathetic and beneath even you. I am Hearts to very core. I have been supporting Hearts since I was seven years old. My first season was 1986. I am a shareholder and I have been an FoH contributed since day dot. I actually can’t stand Hibs more than many other supporters on here and in the real world. I read comments about how people wouldn’t like to see them go bust because they enjoy beating them etc. Not for me thanks, I’d love to see them liquidated. A vile club who’s supporters actively tried to stop our CVA and cause us to be liquidated. For you to suggest I have any affinity with that shower is equal parts hilarious and pathetic. For you to twist my perfectly clear points about the differences in football between the fifties and modern times in to me denigrating our most successful team like a Hibs fan would is actually contemptible. 

There is no doubt that the 1950s and very early 1960s were the most successful period in Hearts' history. A simple look at the record of Hearts makes this indisputable.

Whether we could have held onto the top quality players we had, if we had a similar overall situation,then, that we had during Romanov, is much less clear. With freedom of contract, along with the same Hearts board of the golden era, I wouldn't  put too much trust on the Hearts board not to have sold our best players prematurely. They sold Dave Mackay when we still had a chance of the first treble of Scottish football. 

It could be argued they got lucky with the appointment, and great work, of Dave McLean. The Hearts board of the late 1950s and the entirety of the 1960s, made some horrendous decisions, and were continually held in contempt by Hearts fans.

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I hope you're right about all of the above, Enzo. Well, you and the scientists. 

avhudtheteeshirt
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

First Minister yesterday mentioned the peak will not arrive till Autumn, so after the peak, it will be a couple of months before things go back to normal!

And if it does return, the whole country will be in lockdown till vaccine is available!!!

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There is no doubt that the 1950s and very early 1960s were the most successful period in Hearts' history. A simple look at the record of Hearts makes this indisputable.

Whether we could have held onto the top quality players we had, if we had a similar overall situation,then, that we had during Romanov, is much less clear. With freedom of contract, along with the same Hearts board of the golden era, I wouldn't  put too much trust on the Hearts board not to have sold our best players prematurely. They sold Dave Mackay when we still had a chance of the first treble of Scottish football. 

It could be argued they got lucky with the appointment, and great work, of Dave McLean. The Hearts board of the late 1950s and the entirety of the 1960s, made some horrendous decisions, and were continually held in contempt by Hearts fans.

Indeed. Hence why I never disputed the fact. 

Pay out the 12th place money in each league to all clubs so everyone gets something while its discussed.

And i find it very interesting that this is all for the greater good and to support the clubs lower down who need the cash yet it looks like the biggest group of teams who are going to say no are in division 2.

Its almost as if their chairman/woman have more integrity than trying to shaft everyone over.

You know unlike those at the top of the tree who are only thinking of themselves.

Edited by Jamboelite

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Indeed. Hence why I never disputed the fact. 

I know.

I was just trying to give an opinion on whether the Hearts board of the golden era would have acted with ambition without the, pretty much, iron clad contracts that those great players had.

I’m glad they didn’t get the chance to show it, because I doubt it.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

:laugh:

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

More the scientists I think Martoon😎

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I know.

I was just trying to give an opinion on whether the Hearts board of the golden era would have acted with ambition without the, pretty much, iron clad contracts that those great players had.

I’m glad they didn’t get the chance to show it, because I doubt it.

Yeah, I know. It was actually a very interesting point and I gave it a bit of thought, but I’m too young to be able to debate it, as all I have to go on are second hand anecdotes from people who were there, and the books that I’ve read. I just thought I had better make it clear that I wasn’t denigrating the achievements of the fifties team, before some absolute weapon jumped in and accused me. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More the scientists I think Martoon😎

😁👍

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

First Minister yesterday mentioned the peak will not arrive till Autumn, so after the peak, it will be a couple of months before things go back to normal!

And if it does return, the whole country will be in lockdown till vaccine is available!!!

I tend to follow the UK briefings tbh, they provide far more clarity, the scientists present graphs and clarification and, generally, more detailed information.  Although early days, they expect the peak to be over the next week or so and they do seem in agreement that the curve of new infections is starting to flatten. They now seem focussed on the exit strategy and releasing the lockdown. The FM is out of step with the opinions of most scientists if she thinks the peak will come in the Autumn.  In the end, her hands will be tied by what happens at a UK level

third lanark

I’m beginning to think someone at the top of the SPFL hates Partick Thistle- shafted over the 10,000 seater rule and now this.  Has there ever been a clan shafted more by the top brass

Footballfirst

The latest statement from TRFC

RANGERS have received confirmation from the SPFL board, that the SPFL’s legal adviser did not deem our Members Resolution as competent.

We prepared this update in advance of the scheduled SPFL board meeting this morning, in the full anticipation that the SPFL board would rule our proposed resolution was not competent.

As a member club, we sought assistance from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure our resolution was deemed competent. For the avoidance of doubt, no advice was forthcoming prior to the meeting starting.

Now that the SPFL have belatedly identified the reason why our members resolution was not competent, we will immediately resubmit our resolution, based upon their advice. If this advice had been forthcoming earlier, we would not have lost valuable time in this process. We are confused as to why attempts have been made to slow the progress of Rangers’ resolution.

Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed.

Our resolution was simply intended to urgently address the financial hardship faced by clubs whilst allowing more time to discuss and evaluate all options for completing this season, in line with UEFA advice. This is in the interest of every football club in Scotland and the wider Scottish game.

We trust that when we resubmit our resolution, no impediments will be placed in the way of clubs voting on this matter in a swift manner.

Edited by Footballfirst

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )