SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

36 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

surely 4 teams will vote against it

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 

No one will vote against as they are tying all the paying prize money in with the need to call the season 

As they already have the cash why not just pay it out as standings at the moment and wait another month to see where we are?? Think this is the sevco position)

we can play 8 games in a month we did in December to give the weird 3 week break in January 

A further thought on grounds for appeal. The fact that the members may vote for something inherently unfair may or may not be grounds for court action. However, the fact that the board (which is conflicted) refuses to put any other options to its members certainly would provide grounds for court action.

Not saying who would win, but it's not as clear cut as some on here would have you believe.

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

I find it difficult to accept the notion that Sky can take such an unflinching stance under the circumstances. People, cities, countries, governments, other sporting events are all having to adapt and be flexible in these strange times, why not Sky. Yes, a contract has been signed but this was, presumably, before this pandemic, and it's profound effects, were known. Is it even likely football can begin in August anyway? 

Many TV companies, BBC included, will have signed contracts to cover Wimbledon, for example. Are they all behaving as if Covid and it's worldwide impact shouldn't have any impact on them? 

If there is nothing to be gained by taking this demotion to court what about the football authorities? UEFA don't seem keen on declaring current tables as final. If this vote does go against us (and all that is fair and decent) could we not protest to them. 

The notion of Hearts being expelled from the top flight to keep Celtic and Sky sweet is disgusting. 

Suppose we went to a 14 team league it surely can't be a problem for sky to get the fixtures they want ?

We would be getting demoted despite an incomplete fixture list, when we could stay up, and we are losing our crack at a major trophy...

***** think we should just take it, because we deserve it though...

18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Buck stops at the top with any failed business.  She makes the decisions, she’s responsible. Relegation will be her legacy.  

No it won’t. Saving Hearts from liquidation will.

GorgieRules22
26 minutes ago, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball

No shit.

She hires and fires managers though, something she’s not been very good at.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We would be getting demoted despite an incomplete fixture list, when we could stay up, and we are losing our crack at a major trophy...

***** think we should just take it, because we deserve it though...

Madness eh. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, sac said:

No it won’t. Saving Hearts from liquidation will.

Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

Forever Hearts
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not if we get relegated it won’t.  Romanov originally saved us from liquidation - is that what he is remembered for?  Or for ****ing up after the early years and putting  us into administration?

I remember him for two Scottish Cups.

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Madness eh. 

Indeed. ****ing lunacy describes it better... masochistic arseholes.

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Correct 👍

16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s remembered for saving us from death, two Scottish Cups, second place, Champions League qualifiers, retaining Hartley and Gordon, Skacel, keeping us at Tynecastle, 13 in a row, 1-5 and taking on the football authorities.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I remember him for two Scottish Cups.

As do I. Most successful owner in our history.

Romanov >>>>>> Budge

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s remembered for saving us from death, two Scottish Cups, second place, Champions League qualifiers, retaining Hartley and Gordon, Skacel, keeping us at Tynecastle, 13 in a row, 1-5 and taking on the football authorities.

Thats what I meant 👌👍👍best hearts side since mid 80s and won a couple cups,,,, took no shit from the weege,,,, wish our people in charge had the same balls !!!!!!!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

I find it difficult to accept the notion that Sky can take such an unflinching stance under the circumstances. People, cities, countries, governments, other sporting events are all having to adapt and be flexible in these strange times, why not Sky. Yes, a contract has been signed but this was, presumably, before this pandemic, and it's profound effects, were known. Is it even likely football can begin in August anyway? 

Many TV companies, BBC included, will have signed contracts to cover Wimbledon, for example. Are they all behaving as if Covid and it's worldwide impact shouldn't have any impact on them? 

If there is nothing to be gained by taking this demotion to court what about the football authorities? UEFA don't seem keen on declaring current tables as final. If this vote does go against us (and all that is fair and decent) could we not protest to them. 

The notion of Hearts being expelled from the top flight to keep Celtic and Sky sweet is disgusting. 

Good point, are Sky demanding money back from The Open being cancelled for instance?

I get the feeling they’re hiding behind the Sky deal as an excuse, Sky would face a media backlash if they demanded money back for this. 
Celtic are pushing for the season to be called and to **** with everyone else.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As do I. Most successful owner in our history.

Romanov >>>>>> Budge

He left us heading for insolvency. I think the butchers, bakers and candlestickmakers in the 50s would rank above him in terms of success. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, davemclaren said:

He left us heading for insolvency. I think the butchers, bakers and candlestickmakers in the 50s would rank above him in terms of success. 

Of course you would. Bit different in the days of the maximum wage and no freedom of contract.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

In a totally different landscape where money had not yet skewed the environment. 

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Of course you would. Bit different in the days of the maximum wage and no freedom of contract.

Didn’t realise it was only most successful since the maximum wage was abolished that counted. Silly me. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In a totally different landscape where money had not yet skewed the environment. 

Or international arrest warrants.  

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Thats what I meant 👌👍👍best hearts side since mid 80s and won a couple cups,,,, took no shit from the weege,,,, wish our people in charge had the same balls !!!!!!!

86/98/05 >12

Or international arrest warrants.  

Did money skew international arrest warrants? 🤷‍♂️

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

86/98/05 >12

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

1997/98 were great to watch,,,goals galore,,,

davemclaren
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It certainly played a big part in his. However, surely it’s not up for question that the owners in the 50s were the most succesful in Hearts history.?

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, are Sky demanding money back from The Open being cancelled for instance?

I get the feeling they’re hiding behind the Sky deal as an excuse, Sky would face a media backlash if they demanded money back for this. 
Celtic are pushing for the season to be called and to **** with everyone else.

Horrible c....s " wel never hate these b........s enough  imo!!!      That goes without saying mind ........

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Horrible c....s " wel never hate these b........s enough  imo!!!      That goes without saying mind ........

A wee reminder every now and then doesn’t go amiss, there’s plenty of different reasons too.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It certainly played a big part in his. However, surely it’s not up for question that the owners in the 50s were the most succesful in Hearts history.?

Indeed. It’s such a different landscape however, you’d be as well comparing an Ichthyosaur with an Orca.

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Indeed. It’s such a different landscape however, you’d be as well comparing an Ichthyosaur with an Orca.

That can NOT just be a random pair of animals you've chosen... :lol:

Neptunes ark.jpg

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Neptunes ark.jpg

Of course not. Convergent evolution... I don’t exactly hide the fact I’m a natural history geek, Boof. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Neptunes ark.jpg

I’ll be buying that book on Amazon tonight though, cheers. :thumbsup:

Im willing to bet with anyone.. Hearts will NOT be playing in a different league from Hibs next year. Or Celtic. No way will we be relegated. We can debate and argue but i am 100% sure it won't happen. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not really. Success is success and Hesrts most successful period was the 1950s. Romanov could well have overseen our most successful period but he blew it badly. 

Not really. Success is success and Hesrts most successful period was the 1950s. Romanov could well have overseen our most successful period but he blew it badly. 

No, it is really. The landscape is so completely different between the two eras. You simply cannot compare. Do you honestly think the 50s players would have been at Hearts long enough to win what they did? In 2005-12? Don’t be so ridiculous. :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

If we all do that Tosh, Heart of Midlothian would die. 

All a bit cutting of your nose etc. 

Honestly, when you break it down, is it worth it? 

We exist to allow two clubs to win every league title in what.. 30, 40, 50 years. 

About 10 clubs will win a trophy in 10.

Beyond our small scope, players earn £500k a ****ing week. 

Really? 

Players bin Hearts because some English 3td teir te offered £5k a week. 

Farce tbh. 

**** it. I'll support Hearts but I binned Scotland football wise, and if we get voted to go down by other clubs I'll chuck it. 

Corruption isn't worth supporting, even indirectly. 

Got a family, I'm not relegious. Is it worth it?

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, it is really. The landscape is so completely different between the two eras. You simply cannot compare. Do you honestly think the 50s players would have been at Hearts long enough to win what they did? In 2005-12? Don’t be so ridiculous. :lol: 

I can and do compare. My dad kept telling me as well. The 50s were Hearts most successful period and no amount of emojis will convince me otherwise. 

Good night 😎

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can and do compare. My dad kept telling me as well. The 50s were Hearts most successful period and no amount of emojis will convince me otherwise. 

Good night 😎

It’s got nothing to do with emojis. You are either being embarrassingly obtuse, or you are just totally ignorant to the changes that have taken place in the last half a century in football. I’m going for the former.

Nowadays, the fifties teams would be picked apart before they even had a chance to rack up 250 games between them. 

( :lol: )

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Didn’t realise it was only most successful since the maximum wage was abolished that counted. Silly me. 

Everything's relative Dave. Next you'll be telling us that Covid-19 isn't a patch on Spanish flu. :rolleyes:

Those who are saying there will be football in May?  Not in front of fans there won’t, unless you mean May 2021.  Do people not follow the news?  We will not be playing football again in the way we know it until there is a vaccine.  When we exit this initial lockdown we will enter a prolonged period of flipping between social distancing and lockdown determined by the capacity of the nhs.

There is no football in front of crowds until there is a vaccine.  Highly likely we will lose next season as well.  I fear today’s vote is almost academic and pointless.  

manaliveits105

Today’s vote is a little bit about helping some clubs out and a huge bit about trying to get the plastic paddies to 9 in a row 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Those who are saying there will be football in May?  Not in front of fans there won’t, unless you mean May 2021.  Do people not follow the news?  We will not be playing football again in the way we know it until there is a vaccine.  When we exit this initial lockdown we will enter a prolonged period of flipping between social distancing and lockdown determined by the capacity of the nhs.

There is no football in front of crowds until there is a vaccine.  Highly likely we will lose next season as well.  I fear today’s vote is almost academic and pointless.  

Pure speculation. Some scientists believe the virus will be curbed by another few weeks of lockdown and may appear again in winter. Others say that it may well disappear altogether and we will never see it again. Policy makers are starting to realise that prolonged lockdown may do as much damage to health and lives as the virus itself so it will never be a long term strategy. Life will probably be more or less back to normal by the scheduled start of next season imo.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pure speculation. Some scientists believe the virus will be curbed by another few weeks of lockdown and may appear again in winter. Others say that it may well disappear altogether and we will never see it again. Policy makers are starting to realise that prolonged lockdown may do as much damage to health and lives as the virus itself so it will never be a long term strategy. Life will probably be more or less back to normal by the scheduled start of next season imo.

That’s how I feel. Although I can see another peak of the virus in the winter.

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t want to see ANY clubs going to the wall over this. For a start if the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton can’t survive this, just about every club below that level will probably go with them and some above that level. You’d end up with about 6 clubs left, and probably 4 of them in a right state for years to come. Scottish football as we know it would be finished.

Apart from which I want to see us get back to a place where clubs like that are coming to Tynecastle and going away with nothing to show for their visit but a right good hiding.

You might not think highly of their fan bases but at least they’re not catching a bus to Ibrox or Celtic Park every fortnight and the vast majority of them are common or garden football fans just like us. I dare say they have their share of pishy junky types but you only need to go to a few Hearts away games to see the nick of some of ‘our own’

Think carefully about what you wish for and think back a few years to when we were in real bother and some clubs helped us out a bit.

It's a big hun view from a mini him, to be expected from him. Sad to see a few other fans with the same view though.

Seymour M Hersh

This whole scenario has the fingerprints of that fat ******* Rod McKenzie all over it. Unfortunately the GFA managed to secure the services of one of the UK's top sports lawyers when he left Harper McLeod to join the SFA in 2018. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's a big hun view from a mini him, to be expected from him. Sad to see a few other fans with the same view though.

Any Hearts fan who doesn’t want St Mirren to go to the wall is not a Hearts fan. 

GorgieRules22
21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Big hun to mini hun view, nah just someone that’s no love for them 😉

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )