SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If we can use FOH funds to help prop up the club until football starts then thats fine. 

It would be even more satisfying if the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren go out of business because their pishy wee junkie fans cannot afford to support their shitty clubs. 

Hear hear 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

57 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Surely FOH funds now going direct to the club must help to mitigate to some extent, albeit limited.

Surely AB would allow it to be for some of her shareholding also? 

24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If we can use FOH funds to help prop up the club until football starts then thats fine. 

It would be even more satisfying if the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren go out of business because their pishy wee junkie fans cannot afford to support their shitty clubs. 

I don’t want to see ANY clubs going to the wall over this. For a start if the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton can’t survive this, just about every club below that level will probably go with them and some above that level. You’d end up with about 6 clubs left, and probably 4 of them in a right state for years to come. Scottish football as we know it would be finished.

Apart from which I want to see us get back to a place where clubs like that are coming to Tynecastle and going away with nothing to show for their visit but a right good hiding.

You might not think highly of their fan bases but at least they’re not catching a bus to Ibrox or Celtic Park every fortnight and the vast majority of them are common or garden football fans just like us. I dare say they have their share of pishy junky types but you only need to go to a few Hearts away games to see the nick of some of ‘our own’

Think carefully about what you wish for and think back a few years to when we were in real bother and some clubs helped us out a bit.

lost in space
36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So far, it looks like against the proposal are for certain are, 

SPFL - Hearts, Rangers, 

Championship - Dundee, Partick

League 1 - Falkirk

Surely Inverness MUST oppose - as they can go up through play-offs. If they do - proposal fails as they need 8 to back it and Partick and Dundee will also surely oppose.

I know not many of you are lawyers but it shouldn’t be difficult to understand that if you don’t have any legal basis upon which to challenge a decision then you have nothing to fight and nothing to fight with. 

Budge isn’t giving up - there is no ****ing legal basis to appeal a members related vote - stitch up or not. ****ing engage your brains FFS.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I know not many of you are lawyers but it shouldn’t be difficult to understand that if you don’t have any legal basis upon which to challenge a decision then you have nothing to fight and nothing to fight with. 

Budge isn’t giving up - there is no ****ing legal basis to appeal a members related vote - stitch up or not. ****ing engage your brains FFS.

Depending on the order of the articles she hasnt said there is no legal option just that we havent come to that and if we do and then there is no option she’ll let it go.

I do think Doncaster and the likes have done this in a way that it perhaps makes it impossible to challenge but thats what lawyers are for.

47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So far, it looks like against the proposal are for certain are, 

SPFL - Hearts, Rangers, 

Championship - Dundee, Partick

League 1 - Falkirk

Add Stranraer to the list. Saw their  representative taking about how disappointed they were with the proposal. Saying you wouldn’t award Usain Bolt the gold medal after 75m!

Edited by washniklaw

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Depending on the order of the articles she hasnt said there is no legal option just that we havent come to that and if we do and then there is no option she’ll let it go.

I do think Doncaster and the likes have done this in a way that it perhaps makes it impossible to challenge but thats what lawyers are for.

That would involve an ounce of intelligence from Doncaster 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Can the barrack room lawyers on the last 5 pages please confirm what our legal case is and the basis of that legal case?

The one the Ann Budge is giving up on.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

JamboNation

We should  go to court of arbitration for sport as well on this must have a good case our competitors are changing the rules after the competition has started to intentionally relegate a team , if they push this through it will set Scottish football back years 

lost in space
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am no lawyer but I would think that Breach of Contract may be basis for a civil claim.

9 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

Add Stranraer to the list. Saw their  representative taking about how disappointed they were with the proposal. Saying you wouldn’t award Usain Bolt the gold medal after 75m!

Fantastic. 

10 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

That would involve an ounce of intelligence from Doncaster 

That would involve him covering his arse which he is good at.

Jeremy Goss
21 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Surely Inverness MUST oppose - as they can go up through play-offs. If they do - proposal fails as they need 8 to back it and Partick and Dundee will also surely oppose.

So we only need 3 teams in the championship to oppose it and the whole thing is scuppered for every league?

cmon Robbo you know it makes sense!

Davie Deans
27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t want to see ANY clubs going to the wall over this. For a start if the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton can’t survive this, just about every club below that level will probably go with them and some above that level. You’d end up with about 6 clubs left, and probably 4 of them in a right state for years to come. Scottish football as we know it would be finished.

Apart from which I want to see us get back to a place where clubs like that are coming to Tynecastle and going away with nothing to show for their visit but a right good hiding.

You might not think highly of their fan bases but at least they’re not catching a bus to Ibrox or Celtic Park every fortnight and the vast majority of them are common or garden football fans just like us. I dare say they have their share of pishy junky types but you only need to go to a few Hearts away games to see the nick of some of ‘our own’

Think carefully about what you wish for and think back a few years to when we were in real bother and some clubs helped us out a bit.

Of let’s not and hope the basrstads die.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Question. If SPFL call the league then afterwards say Hamilton go into administration what would happen.

Would the league still stand as it was called beforehand? 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Question. If SPFL call the league then afterwards say Hamilton go into administration what would happen.

Yeah apparently you can’t be handed a 15 point penalty for a force majeure event like this pandemic. It wouldn’t be Hamilton, people still want their other LINE of business 😜.

11 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Yes, and Hamilton would start on -15 next season. If they don’t survive admin then there is a gap in top league

Edited by soonbe110

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It might be unpalatable to some but if any team goes bust then who are they going to invite back up? If the teams are having financial problems would they not want us back? Having said that they would all probably vote for someone else like Dundee over us. If a few teams go bust then reconstruction will need to happen anyway.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah apparently you can’t be handed a 15 point penalty for a force majeure event like this pandemic. It wouldn’t be Hamilton, people still want their other LINE of business 😜.

👃💭

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, and Hamilton would start on -15 next season. 

Cheers 

Wonder if any are waiting on that decision 

40 minutes ago, lost in space said:

They’d have to balance the chances of going up (very small) against the benefit of getting some cash in the near future - they are famously skint and were on the edge not so long ago.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RENE said:

A force majeure  means that due to 'unforseen circumstances'you can't fulfil a contract (i.e. SKY and BT).  So what's all the carry on about SPFL having to pay them back.

I think they would only pay it back if the season was null and void, if it's called now they don’t. I think it’s next seasons deal with Sky they’re worried about that’s supposed to start in August.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think they would only pay it back if the season was null and void, if it's called now they don’t. I think it’s next seasons deal with Sky they’re worried about that’s supposed to start in August.

Ok ta. 

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

So we only need 3 teams in the championship to oppose it and the whole thing is scuppered for every league?

cmon Robbo you know it makes sense!

Not really, no.  This will be like the Brexit vote.  They’ll vote and re vote until they get what they want. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

👃💭

Cheers 

Wonder if any are waiting on that decision 

Not sure if they would start next season on -15.

D64ED938-1A07-40EE-82EE-124CBBFE1F88.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, spug said:

That goes for me as well.

Honestly, at my age life has bigger concerns. 

I enjoy football and Hearts but if we get demoted, **** it. I'm done. 

Was tartan army for 10 years, gave it up 3 or so year ago, not missed it. 

Will just chuck football. 

NaturalOrder74

surely 4 teams will vote against it

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How often do you go to matches anyway  ?

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

surely 4 teams will vote against it

hearts, rangers, hibs then just need one more Aberdeen or Motherwell ? 

Why would Aberdeen or Motherwell vote against it?  They’ll both get into Europe if it goes through.

NaturalOrder74
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why would Aberdeen or Motherwell vote against it?  They’ll both get into Europe if it goes through.

potential extra cash of finishing above the other ? 

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How often do you go to matches anyway  ?

All home games 

I find it difficult to accept the notion that Sky can take such an unflinching stance under the circumstances. People, cities, countries, governments, other sporting events are all having to adapt and be flexible in these strange times, why not Sky. Yes, a contract has been signed but this was, presumably, before this pandemic, and it's profound effects, were known. Is it even likely football can begin in August anyway? 

Many TV companies, BBC included, will have signed contracts to cover Wimbledon, for example. Are they all behaving as if Covid and it's worldwide impact shouldn't have any impact on them? 

If there is nothing to be gained by taking this demotion to court what about the football authorities? UEFA don't seem keen on declaring current tables as final. If this vote does go against us (and all that is fair and decent) could we not protest to them. 

The notion of Hearts being expelled from the top flight to keep Celtic and Sky sweet is disgusting. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
35 minutes ago, RENE said:

Exactly

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we all do that Tosh, Heart of Midlothian would die. 

All a bit cutting of your nose etc. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

also if they end the league here and now surely they’d have no choice but to do the same with all competitions and scrap the Scottish cup. 

I don’t know enough about it, I reckon there’s another club that wouldn’t vote for it 

Don’t get your hopes up, we’re ****ed!  Might not be after the first vote but it’s not going to go away and there’s zero chance of reconstruction.

NaturalOrder74
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t get your hopes up, we’re ****ed!  Might not be after the first vote but it’s not going to go away and there’s zero chance of reconstruction.

I’d imagine there would be a lot less chance if this vote goes through tomorrow but again I’m struggling to understand it all, I don’t get why a reconstruction needs a higher amount of teams to vote for it and I also don’t get why this vote tomorrow has to pass before they conceded that surely that should be the alternative ? 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball

Buck stops at the top with any failed business.  She makes the decisions, she’s responsible. Relegation will be her legacy.  

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Am I to take it from that, that you are a lawyer and have come to the view that there is no legal basis to appeal?

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Budge doesn’t kick a ball

A pity.

If she'd kicked either one or both of Levein's we might not be in this situation.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Pasquale for King

Motherwell would finish 3rd above Aberdeen if it’s voted through. Aberdeen might fancy finishing above them but are getting into Europe anyway for the Cup place.

Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There appears to be little chance of reconstruction. However, others have previously pointed out that if the SPL is increased to 14 teams, everyone could play each other home and away, then split into 2 leagues of 7 and play each other home and away. Hey presto - 38 games for everyone and no nonsense about some teams having unequal home and away games or having to play someone 3 times away from home.

It's not that difficult and the TV companies would have more games for their money into the bargain.

The primary problem with this solution is what happens below the SPL, but it surely can't be beyond the club's to come up with something that works.

For example, a Championship with 14 teams and a further division with 14 teams. Christ, it's not really that hard is it.

Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )