SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I see. You might be right but it's hardly something she could come out and suggest.

Fair point. Would have been nice to get the chance to offer though, be it crowd funding or whatever. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Independence said:

She will, rightly, put the future strategy for the club first so my sons have a Hearts club to support when they are older and this becomes history. If and its a big 'if' if we are relegated through these unfair means it will make us more unified than ever next season to get them promoted. We were relegated a few seasons ago through admin and this time because it is an easy option. 

Optimistic outlook. 

40 years on me and many other people are fair scunnered,  this seems like a tipping point. 

FOH will still have my cash 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we are relegated, she needs to be gone instantly.

She should be fighting this tooth and nail. Absolutely disgraceful that she's taken us to this point in the first place.

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've been one of Mrs Budge biggest backers but I totally agree with you if we are relegated and she doesn't fight it till the death she needs to go straight away because that would be an absolute disgrace 

Absolutely, I don’t think she could survive that. 

Independence
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Optimistic outlook. 

40 years on me and many other people are fair scunnered,  this seems like a tipping point. 

FOH will still have my cash 

Why? I am 64 but the thought of me turning my back on the club over this is laughable. It will become history and we will get back to where we belong. 'Tipping point'. Surely this is the time to be strong and support Hearts more, ensuring we survive. If you don't go to the games will you increase your FoH fee? Why pay it if you have decided to turn your back on the club you supposedly claim to love? It's all incredibly selfish a bit like teddies out the pram. 

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

We are looking at a leader who is old, tired and out of touch. She is not representative of how I feel or most of the Hearts fans I know. If this had happened when Mercer was in charge we would be lawyering up and publicly threatening the authorities not hoping for the best and then lying back and taking it when the inevitable happens. Not fit for purpose and hasn't been for some time. 

That will be the biggest mistake you and many others make, underestimating Ann Budge.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Independence said:

Why? I am 64 but the thought of me turning my back on the club over this is laughable. It will become history and we will get back to where we belong. 'Tipping point'. Surely this is the time to be strong and support Hearts more, ensuring we survive. If you don't go to the games will you increase your FoH fee? Why pay it if you have decided to turn your back on the club you supposedly claim to love? It's all incredibly selfish a bit like teddies out the pram. 

Quit the virtuous shit pal.

Everyone feels differently. Fed up being taken for a mug, but you feel free to carry on, but don't be judging people. 

Sanctimonious behaviour 

11 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

I dived in to quick here,as a season ticket holder for many years and attended some fantastic away European ties of course we should be fighting demotion.

Yep, that was my fault entirely, mate. Sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’ve been a very ardent supporter of Budge throughout. That interview is totally at odds with how I feel though. We should fight. 

Pinning my hopes on her confidence in the SPFL proposal being voted down not being misjudged. 🙄

I think she is just tired Mothy. I have sympathy as she will be feeling threatened as well, she is after all in the high risk category. 

The catalogue of mistakes made will be taking its toll. For someone to do so well for so many years and then catastrophically fail in the last year and a half will weigh heavily - failures borne of trusting individuals as well. 

If there is a way of replacing her with someone younger and more appropriate due to extenuating circumstances it should be pursued quickly. 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That will be the biggest mistake you and many others make, underestimating Ann Budge.

Frankly, post Neilson it is impossible to underestimate the footballing mess made by Ann Budge from an incredibly advantageous position. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I think she is just tired Mothy. I have sympathy as she will be feeling threatened as well, she is after all in the high risk category. 

The catalogue of mistakes made will be taking its toll. For someone to do so well for so many years and then catastrophically fail in the last year and a half will weigh heavily - failures borne of trusting individuals as well. 

If there is a way of replacing her with someone younger and more appropriate due to extenuating circumstances it should be pursued quickly. 

I don’t agree with some of that, mate. I do with other bits though. 

In all honesty I’m actually really disappointed that we won’t be picking a fight. It’s something I miss about us as a club. We used roll the sleeves up, stick out the chin and square up. Thought this was going to be the moment when that returned. :( 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t agree with some of that, mate. I do with other bits though. 

In all honesty I’m actually really disappointed that we won’t be picking a fight. It’s something I miss about us as a club. We used roll the sleeves up, stick out the chin and square up. Thought this was going to be the moment when that returned. :( 

Leaders set cultures in any workplace. 

Independence
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Quit the virtuous shit pal.

Everyone feels differently. Fed up being taken for a mug, but you feel free to carry on, but don't be judging people. 

Sanctimonious behaviour 

Okay, thanks for your well thought out comments.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Independence said:

Okay, thanks for your well thought out comments.

Not hard to call out an uber fan at the moment to be frank. 

You just confirmed that btw

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

We’ve got no idea what she meant in her interview. Maybe she meant we will take legal Advice/action but if that fails we won’t resort to refusing to play. Maybe she meant we’ll meekly accept the vote. 

She did sound pretty confident that the vote wouldn’t be passed. 

Keep yer powder dry lads and lassies, this is merely the beginning of the end. 

Totally agree. Maybe jist keeping it non confrontational just now. Let's wait and see what happens when the outcome is known

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We’ve got no idea what she meant in her interview. Maybe she meant we will take legal Advice/action but if that fails we won’t resort to refusing to play. Maybe she meant we’ll meekly accept the vote. 

She did sound pretty confident that the vote wouldn’t be passed. 

Keep yer powder dry lads and lassies, this is merely the beginning of the end. 

I am happy to cut her some slack and believe that her softly softly approach is garnering the requisite number of votes to reject this proposal.

Davie Deans
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There is a poll to express your wishes on this. @davemclaren closed it to comments last night for some reason, so it looks like the thread is closed to votes too, but it isn’t. Be good to let anyone from the club looking in know how the fans feel.

Why the hell would the comments be closed on a poll which is going to show the strength of feeling from fans on such a monumental decision????????????????????????

Bloody ridiculous. I’d start another but wouldn’t know where to start.

25 minutes ago, Independence said:

Must admit I have similar attitude. I’m 70 and consider Hearts as part of my life. I’m sure like me you have come through greater setbacks  than the current situation. For me the best thing we have is the prospect of fan ownership, a great ground and at last a sound financial background.  Onwards and forwards .

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There is a poll to express your wishes on this. @davemclaren closed it to comments last night for some reason, so it looks like the thread is closed to votes too, but it isn’t. Be good to let anyone from the club looking in know how the fans feel.

Voted yes all the way , can’t add to the topic🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You think Hamilton v Livingston will draw a massive tv audience competing against 5 other SPFL games and likely 5 English Premier and 10 Championship games. 

Rochdale v Crewe etc etc etc.

That's the real world 

The response was in relation to the comment saying  the league wont start behind closed doors because of Sky.

I see no reason why the lack of fans will

impact Sky but enhance the audience numbers assuming scheduling is done to avoid alot of clashes.

Hungry hippo

If the SPFL proposal is approved on Friday then everyone is entitled to have a go at AB but at present surely we have to back her especially as she believes we have enough votes.

Quite strange this . 

After the 4 Old Firm games Celtic and Rangers at Tynecastle are probably the games they most look forward to showing , followed by the 4 Derbies . 

You would think there's enough shite in the league without emptying Hearts when it's not necessary. 

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Voted yes all the way , can’t add to the topic🤷‍♂️

Dave closed it to comments.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, I don’t think she could survive that. 

She should be gone at the end of this mess regardless

Hectormasson
34 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Frankly, post Neilson it is impossible to underestimate the footballing mess made by Ann Budge from an incredibly advantageous position. 

Ditto ,,, howling c....t if it springs to mind,,,thanks Anne!!!!

heartmussel
37 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep, that was my fault entirely, mate. Sorry about that.

Absolutely no problem 👍 We are all in this together,but I do worry about Ann Budge and her ability to put up a good fight at her age,and the current world wide problem we are experiencing that’s having its toll on all of us work/family etc.

I think people are hoping in desperation regarding the vote and AB’s interview. I very much see it as being done and she knows it both legally and with knowledge of the other clubs views.

Even if the vote fails this time then give it another 2-3 weeks of pressure to be applied and then its a re-vote and pass.

Football equivalent of Brexit.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Dave closed it to comments.

Can I suggest that you start another poll re ‘should we fight to the death’ or similar as things have moved on since last night?  Most comments on the original one were around why would you ask that question but we seem to have more context around things now though ‘to the death’ is still a tad nebulous for me. 

ok?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Budge letting this happen would be 100% in keeping with her disinterest in our shocking league position 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can I suggest that you start another poll re ‘should we fight to the death’ or similar as things have moved on since last night?  Most comments on the original one were around why would you ask that question but we seem to have more context around things now though ‘to the death’ is still a tad nebulous for me. 

ok?

It’s still perfectly relevant though. It was as relevant last night as it was today. 

Someone else can do it, I cant be arsed constantly pissing against your wind on here tbh, Dave.

davemclaren
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s still perfectly relevant though. It was as relevant last night as it was today. 

Someone else can do it, I cant be arsed constantly pissing against your wind on here tbh, Dave.

Your choice. 

Clerry Jambo

Hearts will survive' - Ann Budge scotches claims that Tynecastle club are teetering on brink

Jambos chief explains cost-cutting measures and says she is not ‘worried’

31 minutes ago

Thursday, 9th April 2020, 8:03 pm

Updated 

Ann Budge has addresses suggestions that Hearts are on the brink. Copyright: Other 3rd Party

Moving to shutdown persistent rumours that her club are teetering on the brink thanks to the coronavirus crisis, Ann Budge has insisted that “Hearts will survive”.

The Edinburgh businesswoman, who rescued the Gorgie outfit from administration in 2014, was widely-criticised when, responding to the football shutdown, the club were the first in Scotland’s top flight to announce swingeing wage cuts.

That early response also provoked panic in the ranks with fans, who had dug deep to save their club and were worried that they would have to bail them out again.

Stuck in a precarious position at the foot of the Premiership and staring the possibility of relegation in the face, the size of the playing squad also intensified the concern, with some interpreting their refusal to offer wage deferrals in place of cuts as a sign that they are struggling financially.

But, Budge, who is poised to handover ownership to fans’ group Foundation of Hearts, has moved to shutdown the negativity, stating: “One of the first things I had to deal with when I first took over was £1million of football debt in unpaid wages from the previous regime and I am not going to build that problem in for anyone else, if I can avoid it. That is why we responded so quickly.

“It was obvious what was going to happen, that there will be no football until August, so we looked at the financial issues, looked at the costs and how we could stretch things out until football is restarted. We have got a plan that will see us through to August or September. If we get there and they are saying there will be no football ‘til January, I don’t think we will be the only club who see that as a different kind of problem. But, no, I am not worried. Hearts will survive.

“We will go through the tough times like everyone else is at this moment but once we all come through this, I want us to be in a position where we can really motor and not have anything hanging over us for weeks or months.”

However, she admitted that the need to furlough staff and manage without usual revenues has made the past few weeks the most testing of her tenure, with more uncertainty and frustration caused by the league clubs’ disparate views on how to tackle the remainder of the season and address the issue of league reconstruction.

While she has also not ruled out legal action, should they be condemned to the Championship without the opportunity to save themselves through the fulfilment of all league fixtures, she admitted that there may come a time when she feels it is no longer worth taking it any further.

“But I have said from the beginning that we will absolutely take legal advice. If the legal advice is that we aren’t going to win then I will let it go. But, we haven’t reached that point and we are still looking at where we go from here.”

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts will survive' - Ann Budge scotches claims that Tynecastle club are teetering on brink

31 minutes ago

Updated 

Ann Budge has addresses suggestions that Hearts are on the brink. Copyright: Other 3rd Party

Moving to shutdown persistent rumours that her club are teetering on the brink thanks to the coronavirus crisis, Ann Budge has insisted that “Hearts will survive”.

The Edinburgh businesswoman, who rescued the Gorgie outfit from administration in 2014, was widely-criticised when, responding to the football shutdown, the club were the first in Scotland’s top flight to announce swingeing wage cuts.

That early response also provoked panic in the ranks with fans, who had dug deep to save their club and were worried that they would have to bail them out again.

Stuck in a precarious position at the foot of the Premiership and staring the possibility of relegation in the face, the size of the playing squad also intensified the concern, with some interpreting their refusal to offer wage deferrals in place of cuts as a sign that they are struggling financially.

But, Budge, who is poised to handover ownership to fans’ group Foundation of Hearts, has moved to shutdown the negativity, stating: “One of the first things I had to deal with when I first took over was £1million of football debt in unpaid wages from the previous regime and I am not going to build that problem in for anyone else, if I can avoid it. That is why we responded so quickly.

“It was obvious what was going to happen, that there will be no football until August, so we looked at the financial issues, looked at the costs and how we could stretch things out until football is restarted. We have got a plan that will see us through to August or September. If we get there and they are saying there will be no football ‘til January, I don’t think we will be the only club who see that as a different kind of problem. But, no, I am not worried. Hearts will survive.

“We will go through the tough times like everyone else is at this moment but once we all come through this, I want us to be in a position where we can really motor and not have anything hanging over us for weeks or months.”

However, she admitted that the need to furlough staff and manage without usual revenues has made the past few weeks the most testing of her tenure, with more uncertainty and frustration caused by the league clubs’ disparate views on how to tackle the remainder of the season and address the issue of league reconstruction.

While she has also not ruled out legal action, should they be condemned to the Championship without the opportunity to save themselves through the fulfilment of all league fixtures, she admitted that there may come a time when she feels it is no longer worth taking it any further.

“But I have said from the beginning that we will absolutely take legal advice. If the legal advice is that we aren’t going to win then I will let it go. But, we haven’t reached that point and we are still looking at where we go from here.”

That seems a lot clearer than her sky interview. 

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

31 minutes ago

Updated 

Good night Drama Queens

I wish to **** she would consider her first statement and cover off what she means without having to make another one to explain further what she originally meant.

Its annoying as ****

Just now, Jamboelite said:

I wish to **** she would consider her first statement and cover off what she means without having to make another one to explain further what she originally meant.

Its annoying as ****

Who says the Scotsman interview was latest?

29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

31 minutes ago

Updated 

Where is this statement from?

That is why we responded so quickly.

“It was obvious what was going to happen, that there will be no football until August, so we looked at the financial issues, looked at the costs and how we could stretch things out until football is restarted. We have got a plan that will see us through to August or September. If we get there and they are saying there will be no football ‘til January, I don’t think we will be the only club who see that as a different kind of problem. But, no, I am not worried. Hearts will survive.

Well thats a paragraph and a half ❤️👌🏻

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Surely FOH funds now going direct to the club must help to mitigate to some extent, albeit limited.

They will certainly help. 

I still think Ann is trying to be as diplomatic as possible. 

Take the '**** everything and everyone' stance too early and they'll be less willing to listen to you. 

We absolutely need to be willing and to be seen willing to find a resolution to this no matter what the keyboard warriors on here say. 

Italian Lambretta
29 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Surely FOH funds now going direct to the club must help to mitigate to some extent, albeit limited.

If we can use FOH funds to help prop up the club until football starts then thats fine. 

It would be even more satisfying if the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren go out of business because their pishy wee junkie fans cannot afford to support their shitty clubs. 

So far, it looks like against the proposal are for certain are, 

SPFL - Hearts, Rangers, 

Championship - Dundee, Partick

League 1 - Falkirk

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

The response was in relation to the comment saying  the league wont start behind closed doors because of Sky.

I see no reason why the lack of fans will

impact Sky but enhance the audience numbers assuming scheduling is done to avoid alot of clashes.

Because it's not economically viable because the tv companies audience have no desire to screen all matches in Scotland. 

No fans no tv no money 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )