SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

And yet the EPL are adamant that they are going to finish their season! Just reading that they think they will be able to conclude their season in 56 days ... can anybody at all tell me why Scottish football has to be different?

TV Money.

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

My hope is there is no football for 6-8 months and it will **** every club over.

It would also mean a reduced season in the championship.

Assuming we are down then hopefully it would be a very short season in the Championship. Possibly only 2 rounds of fixtures (18 matches).  At least our demotion won't be as dramatic and embarrassing like Hibs in 2014.  Our fate sealed by an unfair vote.  That's the only positives I can think of. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Spot on. an absolute disgrace to the jersey. 4 wins all season ! 

And still want full wages! 

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

And yet the EPL are adamant that they are going to finish their season! Just reading that they think they will be able to conclude their season in 56 days ... can anybody at all tell me why Scottish football has to be different?

Two words

Neil Doncaster.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So from indefinite to an actual date

Its almost as if they want to press home something Mickey before an important decision.......

Footballfirst
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s my recollection. Perhaps @Footballfirst can comment?

£3.05m was handed over to the club for working capital purposes in the first two years following administration to May 2016. (in addition to the £1m up front)

However the club generated more revenue than it expected over the season in the championship and the first season back in the Premiership (3rd), meaning that it was able to create a cash reserve. The first redevelopment budget in May 2016 had a £3m contribution from the Club's own reserves. Those reserves were the equivalent of the FOH contributions over the previous two years, i.e. the club was able to operate on a break even basis without the FOH cash.

The separate £3m FOH contribution direct to fund the redevelopment followed over the next two years. 

Edited by Footballfirst

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sure, if that was how the competition was actually being run : but it's not the case. This is a unique situation that required the member clubs to find a solution to their own problem because it doesn't exist in law or in the current SPFL rule book - no one could have envisioned this scenario. 

My big fear at the outset was that the SPFL would cop out by putting it to a members vote and it seems this is what's going to happen. If the member clubs decide this is how they (they being the SPFL) want to go about it then there doesn't seem anything Hearts can do. Hearts can hardly complain  that the body they are a member of had a democratic vote and they didn't like the outcome. AB is about to find out how many friends she has. 

And before anyone starts : No, i don't want to see Hearts relegated.

The sad truth. Its not like we just occupied 12th last week.....its not like we had not recently played our closest challengers.

Very expensive freck up but Covid 19 is only a part of the reason.

If the rest of the gang calls it, then we should accept it, as we would expect others to. They may decide not to vote for the proposal of course.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think he’s saying that he’s read the rules, that the clubs signed up to,  and doesn't think we’ll have much of a case. Hopefully he’s wrong. 

Hopefully I'm wrong too but there doesn't appear to be a lot of wiggle room

Just now, Mort said:

Surely in the same boat down south? 

Sorry, I meant the huge TV money in England and it's potential claw back is the driver for finishing the season behind closed doors.

In Scotland it's about next season's tv money.

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

If we get relegated why should we bother about Sky ?

Not as they will filming the Scottish Championship. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If it doesn't pass what is the next step? Good that thenSPFL have offered an alternative...

They’ll vote again and the SPFL will threaten the clubs that TV money and prize money can’t be distributed unless the league is declared. 

Footballfirst

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52236228

The Scottish football season has been pushed further back with all games suspended until at least 10 June.

The SPFL campaign was halted on 13 March because of the coronavirus pandemic and had been originally stopped until 30 April.

However, no football will be played for at least three months, with member clubs also set to vote this week on ending the lower league season now.

The suspension applies to professional and recreational levels of the game.

"The message is very clear," said Scottish FA president Rod Petrie. "The government restrictions introduced to save lives must be adhered to and there is no prospect of an early resumption of training, let alone organised football in Scotland for several weeks.

"The decision to suspend all football until at least 10 June is to help clubs ensure the safety and wellbeing of players, staff and supporters as well as take steps to mitigate their costs.

"Scottish football applauds everyone working within NHS Scotland and the care sector and should place no additional burden at a time when their resources are being tested to the limit because of Covid-19."All 42 SPFL clubs will vote prior to Friday's 17:00 BST deadline on whether the Championship, League One and League Two seasons will be called now.

The Scottish top flight will remain postponed "to give the best possible opportunity" for it to finish, but it would also be decided on points won per match "if the SPFL board determines" the games cannot be played.

No decision will be taken until after Uefa's executive meeting on 23 April.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Sorry, I meant the huge TV money in England and it's potential claw back is the driver for finishing the season behind closed doors.

In Scotland it's about next season's tv money.

Understood. Surely England are worrying about next seasons TV money too though? If they plan to finish this season, surely they won’t start next year on time. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

£3.05m was handed over to the club for working capital purposes in the first two years following administration to May 2016. (in addition to the £1m up front)

However the club generated more revenue than it expected over the season in the championship and the first season back in the Premiership (3rd), meaning that it was able to create a cash reserve. The first redevelopment budget in May 2016 had a £3m contribution from the Club's own reserves. Those reserves were the equivalent of the FOH contributions over the previous two years, i.e. the club was able to operate on a break even basis without the FOH cash.

The separate £3m FOH contribution direct to fund the redevelopment followed over the next two years. 

Thanks. 

tolcross lad

We desperately need a leader to guide us out of this mess.If we are going down we need to be lean and mean.Do our best to rid ourselves of the  underperformers of the present squad.Recruit players with the right attitude.Get our pricing structure right and galvanise the supports sense of grievance.

Our problem will be who will be prepared to take on the drive to oust Ann Budge to whom we owe at least £1.6m.I just dont see this drive coming from the current FOH members on the board.We are not even owners yet.

Captain Sausage

Yeh, I’m out if we are relegated. 

The logic doesn’t even stand up to the remotest of scrutiny. We’ve played 30 games (some teams have only played 29) and they’re talking about allocating places and financial hand outs based on this. 

If we had reached 33 games, I think there’s a genuine argument that the proposed way forward is appropriate - it’s at least comparing apples with apples. 

As it stands, you have St Johnstone a point behind Hibs with a game in hand. That means their points per game tally is higher than Hibs (i.e. they’ve earned more points per game than Hibs, yet sit behind them in the table by a quirk of scheduling).

There is also the fact that the teams have so far completed uneven schedules (i.e. the points tally for Hearts is not comparable to the points tally for Hamilton because we’ve played different teams). This is the key point regarding sporting integrity. It’s not apples with apples, it’s apples with ****ing space rock. It’s completely unethical to punish teams based on scheduling - it’s illogical and will ruin any residual integrity languishing in the depths of the hallways of Hampden. 

The passing of the buck onto the teams (coincidentally, I thought voting rights were 11-1 in favour to pass anything in the Premiership, or does that not apply in this case?!) to vote in absolute self preservation is about as weak an example of leadership you’ll come across. To push the teams to their desired way forward, they’re using prize money as a lever at a time when every single club is desperate for it. It’s actually pretty reprehensible behaviour when you look at it. 

So yeh, if this comes to fruition, I’ll be turning my back on Scottish football completely.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Assuming we are down then hopefully it would be a very short season in the Championship. Possibly only 2 rounds of fixtures (18 matches).  At least our demotion won't be as dramatic and embarrassing like Hibs in 2014.  Our fate sealed by an unfair vote.  That's the only positives I can think of. 

Who gives a **** about Hibs? It's embarrassing going down with our squad and budget. An absolute ****ing disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Understood. Surely England are worrying about next seasons TV money too though? If they plan to finish this season, surely they won’t start next year on time. 

Probably yes ,but they have a globally popular product.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Probably yes ,but they have a globally popular product.

True. Sorry, wasn’t having a go at all, just trying to fully understand all the factors here.

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Wonder why they chose that date.

The day that all contracts that end in 2020 expire............

4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yeh, I’m out if we are relegated. 

The logic doesn’t even stand up to the remotest of scrutiny. We’ve played 30 games (some teams have only played 29) and they’re talking about allocating places and financial hand outs based on this. 

If we had reached 33 games, I think there’s a genuine argument that the proposed way forward is appropriate - it’s at least comparing apples with apples. 

As it stands, you have St Johnstone a point behind Hibs with a game in hand. That means their points per game tally is higher than Hibs (i.e. they’ve earned more points per game than Hibs, yet sit behind them in the table by a quirk of scheduling).

There is also the fact that the teams have so far completed uneven schedules (i.e. the points tally for Hearts is not comparable to the points tally for Hamilton because we’ve played different teams). This is the key point regarding sporting integrity. It’s not apples with apples, it’s apples with ****ing space rock. It’s completely unethical to punish teams based on scheduling - it’s illogical and will ruin any residual integrity languishing in the depths of the hallways of Hampden. 

The passing of the buck onto the teams (coincidentally, I thought voting rights were 11-1 in favour to pass anything in the Premiership, or does that not apply in this case?!) to vote in absolute self preservation is about as weak an example of leadership you’ll come across. To push the teams to their desired way forward, they’re using prize money as a lever at a time when every single club is desperate for it. It’s actually pretty reprehensible behaviour when you look at it. 

So yeh, if this comes to fruition, I’ll be turning my back on Scottish football completely.

St. Johnstone are away to Rangers.

Now there is no guarantee, but you would expect Rngers to win to keep Hibs above St. Johnstone.

gashauskis9

Genuinely hope Budge is just keeping her powder dry with that last statement.  Otherwise, I’m out.  

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Where does she say that?  I heard her say that she doesn't think the league's proposal will be supported.

That's what I took for it.   It's the SPFL proposal that will fail.

9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Wonder why they chose that date.

Because its the governments date being quoted.

Edited by Jamboelite

You can say about most of the clubs including us, but Livvy could have saved a lot of words.

'We have looked at the propsal and we do not belive that we can finish any higher than our current 5th position.  We could however not make the top 6 and then potentially end up 8th if not 9th, losing us between £350k to £500k.  That income cannot be made up by one extra home game against Rangers or Celtic'

The end.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Budge on SSN, says she has spoken to championship and premier clubs and expects the proposal to fail.

Also says however that if we are relegated she won't fight it and we will just have to deal with it.

Not happy about that at all. It’s her responsibility to represent our club and the wishes of the fans. She needs to fight it to the bitter end.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Maybe we can put some pressure on the club to properly state that the fans put £6 million towards the stand. 

I know that isn't our concern just now. 

Thanks for confirming. 

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I'd forgot the tache has wormed his way in here

“Scottish FA President, Rod Petrie”

Absolute seethe just reading that sentence. 

eyesandears
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It's the day the transfer window opens for the new season but your point isn't far off. Most terminating contracts run to 9th/10th June or more likely 30th June 2020.

It's another not-so-subtle sign post to the clubs that are being encouraged to vote YES. 

1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

It's the day the transfer window opens for the new season but your point isn't far off. Most terminating contracts run to 9th/10th June or more likely 30th June 2020.

It's another not-so-subtle sign post to the clubs that are being encouraged to vote YES. 

Its actually 13th June having spoken to an ex player but the point is still accurate.

Edited by Jamboelite

eyesandears
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Its actually 13th June having spoken to an ex player but the point is still accurate.

Cheers 👍

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And just as it seems like their proposal is struggling to gather the required support!!

Money before clubs again !       F...k the lot of them !      Hearts will be back!      .......saying that there wont be a ball kicked for a year at least...

The SPFL should be making prize money available now to give the clubs time to properly consider all the possible options.

Given that the current board have proven themselves incapable of any form of a lateral thought process, it is time for a fresh approach. I should like to see the top clubs pushing for a working party made up of people with a commercial/innovative track record to produce a choice of options for the clubs to vote on. Surely that would be better than the take it or leave it option from a gang of small minded people many of whom operate at the lower end of league football, and are guilty of a conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

And another 6 weeks after that or am I reading it all wrong. Nothing until 10 June and then 6 weeks or gaining/conditioning 

That would make it July 22

Just in time for the Befred Cup group stage.

Noting also a new sole tv rights owner in Premier Sports.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just in time for the Befred Cup group stage.

Noting also a new sole tv rights owner in Premier Sports.

Wont be a ball kicked this year,,,survival is only thing that's important as were being done like a kipper by these reprobate!!!!    F....k the lot of them !!! Wel be back one day...........🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🇬🇧🇬🇧🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Am I right in thinking premier sports and setanta sports are linked? If so it’s beggars belief we are giving them the time of day.

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Seem to remember contracts end on 30th of June

Randy Marsh
29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who gives a **** about Hibs? It's embarrassing going down with our squad and budget. An absolute ****ing disgrace. 

Calm down! I was merely pointing out that its not a proper relagation. 

It’s the meek and supine manner in which we are allowing this to happen that has made me angry. You ****ing well fight this sort of shit with every last whisper of breath in your body. It’s bad enough when we show no fight on the pitch, but this is something we need to fight to the absolute death. This is not Hearts. I am sick of the lack of fight in our club. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Very disappointed in that interview. 

Relegate us? Aye no bother we ain’t fighting it.

brutal from budge. 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Calm down! I was merely pointing out that its not a proper relagation. 

The guys correct how he feels and is right saying it !       Its shocking how this has came about ,, certain people should be rightfully embarrassed....

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )