SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not true. Some if it went on working capital when we came out of admin. 

You are correct that money for working capital was part of the FoH deal. But that money stayed in the bank because the income for the first 2 years after administration greatly exceeded budget. Crowds vastly exceeded expectations, we got promoted 1st year when we budgeted for 2 years in Championship.

That money then became cash reserves, used on the main stand. 

Surprised you don't know that when the same happened to the circa £66,000 Kickback donation. That is the Administrators didn't (need to) spend it.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

sorry, my bad. Thought she meant the other.

Easily done. She needs to clarify that. Expect a statement later.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New stand is a great achievement. And good income generator. 

More obvious when we start winning games again. 

Absolute mikeybawz once again, stand is too much of an overspend and cost is a big part of whole mess for us probably going down.

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

We should start a poll

Top Ten Kickbackers who think they can do a better job than Ann Budge 

They should also add their selling pitch for getting votes 

:cornette:

She's done a fantastic job right enough. 4 seasons outside the top 4, one season leading to a potential relegation and a horrific looking stand that was about 60% over budget. 

Mr. Bean could probably do a better job. 

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Very disappointed in that interview. 

That’s supposed to be leading our club, she more or less waved a white flag, awful interview on top of a weak statement last night. Her legacy is ruined for me.

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

We should start a poll

Do you reckon she’s done a good job ?

God help us if you do.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are correct that money for working capital was part of the FoH deal. But that money stayed in the bank because the income for the first 2 years after administration greatly exceeded budget. Crowds vastly exceeded expectations, we got promoted 1st year when we budgeted for 2 years in Championship.

That money then became cash reserves, used on the main stand. 

Surprised you don't know that when the same happened to the circa £66,000 Kickback donation. That is the Administrators didn't (need) to spend it.

I knew the JkB donation wasn’t spent as they wanted to use it on something tangible and specific. Not sure how the didn’t need to Spend the only working capital they had though. It all seems so long ago now so my memory may be wrong.   

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

We should start a poll

Anyone that would have had the foresight to get rid of Levein at the end of last season (if not before) would probably qualify as a better candidate.

We almost certainly wouldn't be bottom of the league if that had happened.

I'm being facetious there, but the "who would do a better job?" argument doesn't stand up.

We're going down, for a club like ours that is completely and utterly appalling. 

Her management of the club has been horrific, as evidenced by where we are. It stands to reason that someone more competent running things would not have seen us relegated (in 29 games or 38).

Edited by The Fonz

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Very disappointed in that interview. 

I totally agree. 
Not for the first time, I find myself totally disappointed with the owner of our club. 
If we go down, Mrs Budge and her team need to leave...  whether that is decided on the football pitch or unfairly by a self interested vote, as seems to the the case.  
The FOH were set up to allow fan ownership and this should not be delayed any longer.  
It could be that the best thing for the club to bring in people who have the right priorities “Football” and not running things blindly with obscene loyalty to failures. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I am a bit in shock at the recent interview unless she knows something we dont.

Where is the interview mate? Has she actually said we'll accept relegation? 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Same. I’ve fought her corner for a long long time but feel totally let down. 

@i8hibsh seems to have had this called for months.........

3 minutes ago, stotty said:

Where is the interview mate? Has she actually said we'll accept relegation? 

Will send it over to you mate.

@busby1985 agreed I have been backing her left right and centre on twitter.

19 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

The SPFL will basically relinquish any decision making and will be quite happy for Hearts to be in the Championship because they can market the division with a big club in it. 

I’m in two minds, firstly that I want to be in the SPL next season watching us in the top flight. 

Im not saying that I want this but if we are demoted (not relegated because it was a decision made without sporting integrity ) then keep Stendel, build the team, romp the division, build confidence onand offensive the pitch, come back up a stronger unit. 

Can’t afford Stendel and his team in the Championship, even for one year. 

22games nro
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For every club that votes this way ,including all the other league teams, championship etc. and that's their choice,

but I won't spend one penny more going to any of their grounds for as long as I live , they have a choice but so do I.

they can ram it 

it might not break the bank for them but I could never give  them another penny !

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Her comments only make sense if she has been advised that we have very little chance of overturning any vote in the courts. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I knew the JkB donation wasn’t spent as they wanted to use it on something tangible and specific. Not sure how the didn’t need to Spend the only working capital they had though. It all seems so long ago now so my memory may be wrong.   

The working capital was not spent.

What I do find a little wrong is Ann Budge or Stuart Wallace has never said "the fans contributed £6 million" to the new stand. Ann said "we used cash reserves". 

GorgieRules22
Just now, davemclaren said:

Her comments only make sense if she has been advised that we have very little chance of overturning any vote in the courts. 

It’s on the back of a piss poor statement aswell last night.

the leadership of the club isn’t what it should be right at this time.

davemclaren
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The working capital was not spent.

What I do find a little wrong is Ann Budge or Stuart Wallace has never said "the fans contributed £6 million" to the new stand. Ann said "we used cash reserves". 

That’s my recollection. Perhaps @Footballfirst can comment?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I suppose you could be right.

If that is the case the threat should have remained until after the vote.

It comes accross as capitualation already to me and I am not to happy with that at all. We have been shafted money and bitterness have overidding sporting integrity.

A complete u-turn on her statement last week. As fans we look to her to represent us and yet again we’ve been completely let down. We need to start fighting this NOW. Not after the vote. Supposedly a tough businesswoman but she looks ******* lost. If the vote goes against us next week, the anger that is currently being directed towards the SFA will be redirected straight in her direction. 

Bazzas right boot

If we are voted down by conpetitor clubs then I'm done with Scottish football. 

Taking the maroon glasses off, the Product is shite and only exists to accommodate 2 clubs. 

Not worth the emotional or financial input. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Then why not say so? She’s released a statement and now had a televised interview to explain that she’s been advised we won’t be able to over turn a democratic vote? Why hasn’t she bothered to reach out to league one and league two chairmen to canvas support? Would take her an hour or so to get the numbers. Felt like she’s totally just had enough. I let it slip when she become belligerent to criticism of Levein and I even tried to support her when she “sacked” him but never. I feel like she’s totally lost motivation for her role, have felt so for a while but have tried to ignore the growing noise around her on here and tried to remain pragmatic. Her allowing this to happen with no fight from her is unacceptable IMO. 

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

For every club that votes this way ,including all the other league teams, championship etc. and that's their choice,

but I won't spend one penny more going to any of their grounds for as long as I live , they have a choice but so do I.

they can ram it 

it might not break the bank for them but I could never give  them another penny !

i hope we all have very long memories. It might be petty and childish but stuff it. Only way to pay these clubs back is by depriving them of our hard earned. 

Clearly there is no legal challenge.

We will be doing this vote brexit style till it passes.

And she knows clubs are going to knock back league reconstruction.

we are down.

31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just seen Budges statement. If this does come to pass and we are relegated and she makes no attempt to challenge it I won't be purchasing a season ticket and will expect her to be removed from the Board after FOH conclude their business with her. No harsh feelings towards tha ks to her actions 5 years ago but it would be a clear sign that she's done all he can for this club.

Agree with this, would also be my stance. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Then why not say so? She’s released a statement and now had a televised interview to explain that she’s been advised we won’t be able to over turn a democratic vote? Why hasn’t she bothered to reach out to league one and league two chairmen to canvas support? Would take her an hour or so to get the numbers. Felt like she’s totally just had enough. I let it slip when she become belligerent to criticism of Levein and I even tried to support her when she “sacked” him but never. I feel like she’s totally lost motivation for her role, have felt so for a while but have tried to ignore the growing noise around her on here and tried to remain pragmatic. Her allowing this to happen with no fight from her is unacceptable IMO. 

She did look a bit weary, I agree.  Couple of glasses of wine tonight and then a follow up statement to clarify we are still fighting our corner...maybe.  

6 minutes ago, haj said:

A complete u-turn on her statement last week. As fans we look to her to represent us and yet again we’ve been completely let down. We need to start fighting this NOW. Not after the vote. Supposedly a tough businesswoman but she looks ******* lost. If the vote goes against us next week, the anger that is currently being directed towards the SFA will be redirected straight in her direction. 

That’ll be a new experience for her eh? Turkeys voting for Xmas clubs in the SPL wanting us down and we should hit them where it hurts. Gie them nowt in future

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Agreed - we should fight this tooth and nail, it would be completely unfair to relegate us. 

As a side note, we all knew this was a possibility and still those gutless sods didn't even turn up at St Mirren, yet are wanting full wages - fcuk the lot of them. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

She did look a bit weary, I agree.  Couple of glasses of wine tonight and then a follow up statement to clarify we are still fighting our corner...maybe.  

I don’t think she’s been the same woman in terms of desire to change the landscape of the game etc since she was voted off the SPL board. Granted our performance on the park has distracted her but there was a point when she was hailed as the potential woman to sculpt and change the game from the old boys club routine. 

29 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you reckon she’s done a good job ?

God help us if you do.

And we have our first candidate

The best way out of this is to declare the season nul and void. Any European place would be based on current league places for further European competitions. 
No solution will please everyone but IMO this is the best solution.  

Edited by Dannie Boy

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

The best way out of this is to declare the season nil and void. Any European place would be based on current league places for further European competitions. 
No solution will please everyone but IMO this is the best solution.  

It’s not even on offer bud. 

3 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52236228

Scottish Football Officially suspended till June 10th  

Oh a statement noting no chance of concluding the season just before a vote. 

Add the Sky deal that needs the new season to start asap.

****ing stitch up.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Oh a statement just before a vote. 

****ing stitch up.

Yip. 

Clubs being held to ransom for their prize money. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don’t think she’s been the same woman in terms of desire to change the landscape of the game etc since she was voted off the SPL board. Granted our performance on the park has distracted her but there was a point when she was hailed as the potential woman to sculpt and change the game from the old boys club routine. 

I think the last couple of days will have finally hammered home to her, that no other club acts in the interest of anyone other than themselves.

Just now, busby1985 said:

It’s not even on offer bud. 

It won’t be because it’s to simple and to fair. The SPFL are a waste of space as is the SFA. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Oh a statement noting no chance of concluding the season just before a vote. 

Add the Sky deal needs the new season to start asap.

****ing stitch up.

And just as it seems like their proposal is struggling to gather the required support!!

My hope is there is no football for 6-8 months and it will **** every club over.

if they shaft us they all deserve misery.

It would also mean a reduced season in the Championship and reducing the impact of that.

I’ll never forget that useless shit group of players are the main cause.

Every other relegation was due to financial issues but this one is down to utter incompetence.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, David McCaig said:

And just as it seems like their proposal is struggling to gather the required support!!

Its ****ing disgusting how corrupt they are.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

My hope is there is no football for 6-8 months and it will **** every club over.

It would also mean a reduced season in the championship.

I’m thinking that way too, see how their deal with Sky takes shape with no football at all this year.

English FA have just ratified the decision to end 2019/20 season for English non-league clubs with all results expunged.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yeah but this will be a weekly vote till they get the result they want. This season will not be null and voided because Celtic won’t allow it. Everyone else is collateral. 

And yet the EPL are adamant that they are going to finish their season! Just reading that they think they will be able to conclude their season in 56 days ... can anybody at all tell me why Scottish football has to be different?

husref musemic
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

if they shaft us they all deserve misery.

It would also mean a reduced season in the Championship and reducing the impact of that.

I’ll never forget that useless shit group of players are the main cause.

Every other relegation was due to financial issues but this one is down to utter incompetence.

Spot on. an absolute disgrace to the jersey. 4 wins all season ! 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )