SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The White Cockade

The Open Golf has been cancelled this year already and that wasn't till mid July

Any talk of football starting again in May/June is pie in the sky

22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why would you want a gam from Doncaster ?

:lol:

:lol: the thought of having more chance of a gam from Jenkins tae :lol: 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Have I missed something, has Budge said she won’t fight this?

Pretty much, although confident that the proposals will fail to gain the required support.

10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The buck stops with her. Enough is enough she is responsible.

Her backing of that complete imposter Levein and subsequent delay in appointing a manager was a disgrace.

she can hardly be blamed for coronavirus ffs.

I hope to never clap eyes on Levein or Macphee again. 

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The buck stops with her. Enough is enough she is responsible.

i agree she shares the blame - especially the four year contacts. But she didn't identify & recruit the sammon's, martin's, amankwa, vanacek etc. The waste makes me shudder. 

If it's Murray (are there others?) still recruiting then we will just change the names of the crap players we've had coming through for years. It needs to stop.

8 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

They need to go as well, but ultimately if you're the CEO then the buck stops with you and you need to be held accountable.

I don't see how she can come out the other side of a relegation with any credibility. 4th biggest budget, £10m from FOH on top of record season ticket sales, etc.

To be relegated with our resources and backing is as embarrassing and dreadful an episode as any in our history. 

You are right it's been unacceptable and Budge should go.

None of the £10 million from FoH has gone on the squad. Paid off the debt to Ann Budge to buy the club, plus money mostly used on the stand and around £0.5 million to pay football debts after coming out of administration. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But they are not going to pull their deal are they?  If the new season starts off 6 weeks late but fixtures are squeezed in by extra midweek, no cup replays etc what diff does it make to Sky? They still have exclusive coverage of all games. Shorter timeframe and usual number if games could actually make it more exciting than usual eg midweek fixtures most weeks. 

If it kicks off six weeks late they are already paying from August for exclusive rights, they will be trying to get customers for they rights, I don’t think they would be too keen for BT showing football in August when they overpaid for the rights from Aug. 

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You didn’t expect them to want the league to be voided and get prize money for finishing 9th last year instead of 5th this year IF there’s a further vote to end the Premier League? 

Haven't see the difference in prize money between 5th and 9th but we must give them a huge chunk in away support.  I don't know why but I always had it in my mind that there's a reasonably good relationship between the clubs so I thought that they'd think longer term.

Just now, busby1985 said:

What and where did she say it? 

In her Sky Sports interview. Links above. 

Edited by Cruyff

2 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

Haven't see the difference in prize money between 5th and 9th but we must give them a huge chunk in away support.  I don't know why but I always had it in my mind that there's a reasonably good relationship between the clubs so I thought that they'd think longer term.

I think there would be a significant difference from 5th to 9th in comparison to the top up Hearts fans would take for a season to the support Dundee Utd would.  Also with Dundee Utd in the league they would have a better chance of finishing above them next season.  Any other club I could justify going radge at their decision, Livi apart from Celtic And Motherwell  are the Club with most to lose if they voided the league. 

Edited by Last Laff

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Have I missed something, has Budge said she won’t fight this?

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. 

No she hasn't said we won't fight it.

David McCaig
Just now, Cruyff said:

In her Sky Sports interview. Links above. 

and how dismal was that interview!!!

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

None of the £10 million from FoH has gone on the squad. Paid off the debt to Ann Budge to buy the club, plus money mostly used on the stand and around £0.5 million to pay football debts after coming out of administration. 

My point around the FOH money was more to convey the level of backing the club has had from the fans, rather than implying the money was used to fund the squad. Although I could have been clearer on that.

Regarding the stand, the suspect procurement and the fact it went twice over budget also highlights her complete incompetence, but that's probably best for another thread.

Edited by The Fonz

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

If it kicks off six weeks late they are already paying from August for exclusive rights, they will be trying to get customers for they rights, I don’t think they would be too keen for BT showing football in August when they overpaid for the rights from Aug. 

They would still have all the games and to be honest there’s not many people who subscribe to Sky Sports simply because of the Scottish football coverage. Aug this year now has huge golf, tennis and probably cricket events. 

Just now, The Fonz said:

My point around the FOH money was more to convey the level of backing the club has had from the fans, rather than implying the money was used to fund the squad. Although I could have been clearer on that.

The suspect procurement and the fact it went twice over budget also highlights her complete incompetence, but that's probably best for another thread.

New stand is a great achievement. And good income generator. 

More obvious when we start winning games again. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No she hasn't said we won't fight it.

That is exactly what she said -

"we're not going to fight it to the end, how is that going to help, if it's relegation, we will deal with relegation." 

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, RonnieG said:

Her latest interview looks like a someone who is resigned to the worst of outcomes.

She doesn't care

jamboinglasgow

Think people are being a bit sly in how they have taken Ann's word. You need to take the whole quote rather than a tiny portion.

Its clear that if every possible route has been taken and there is little they can do to stop it that she wont fight a pointless battle (hence she saying she wont fight to the death for it.) 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Think people are being a bit sly in how they have taken Ann's word. You need to take the whole quote rather than a tiny portion.

Its clear that if every possible route has been taken and there is little they can do to stop it that she wont fight a pointless battle (hence she saying she wont fight to the death for it.) 

Yes, the correct interpretation of her comment I think. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They would still have all the games and to be honest there’s not many people who subscribe to Sky Sports simply because of the Scottish football coverage. Aug this year now has huge golf, tennis and probably cricket events. 

True. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

That is exactly what she said -

"we're not going to fight it to the end, how is that going to help, if it's relegation, we will deal with relegation." 

Fight it TO THE END

Doesn't mean it won't be challenged. Just there is a limit to that.

Agree it gives that impression. She needs to clarify that. But until the vote and what follows if rejected, we don't know if we'll need to fight anything. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

New stand is a great achievement. And good income generator. 

More obvious when we start winning games again. 

I agree having a new stand is definitely a positive. My issues are more around how it was delivered as opposed to the end result. Anyway, probably not the thread for it. 

Let's just hope that one way or another we are still in the top flight when football resumes.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

and how dismal was that interview!!!

Ann Budge needs to go anyway. The fact that we have not met expectations since our first season back up 4 years ago, and now find ourselves 12th facing relegation in the first place, is bad enough. Now she's just going to roll over. 

Deary me. 

3 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Her latest interview looks like a someone who is resigned to the worst of outcomes.

Didn’t see that at all.  She thinks the plan will fall through despite your hope. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fight it TO THE END

Doesn't mean it won't be challenged. Just there is a limit to that.

Agree it gives that impression. She needs to clarify that. But until the vote and what follows if rejected, we don't know if we'll need to fight anything. 

Oh wow Mikey. 

She said what she said and she can **** off. 

No matter the outcome, I will still be supporting my club & continuing my FoH payments for as long as I can afford to. 
Will never turn my back on Hearts, but my opinion & attitude on our governing body & some other clubs will change (not for the better) & my Hearts pound that might have went elsewhere is more likely to go towards Hearts.

The club will need us more than ever once again, no matter what division we may find ourselves.

Once the dust settles & we get back to where we think we should be, then we can start the mission of rag-dolling all those who ****** us over for the sake of a few pieces of silver.

We are the Hearts.

If we go down , we need a clear out of epic proportions. That won’t be a bad thing by the way.
we will be back and fek the rest of Scottish football

4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Make no mistake Dungcaster and his mob are chocking to shaft us and bend over to Lawwell . Many clubs will suffer big time without us in the league so they  need to be careful what they wish and vote for. If we are relegated we need to forget about mistakes made this season and back the club to the hilt to ensure a swift return to the top flight. Heart of Midlothian will bounce back for the better in my opinion. 

Absolutely correct! Something to do with a League Cup semi final venue dispute 18 months. Dungcaster (sad bad loser) was made to look a complete fool by Hearts!

Quote at the time of his U turn;

The SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, did not, though, miss the chance to re-state the governing body’s position after Hampden Park Ltd stepped back from its insistence that the stadium would accommodate both fixtures.

Doncaster said: “After the draw, we spoke to Hampden Park Limited to ask whether they would release us from a contractual obligation to host all semi-finals involving the Old Firm at Hampden. They declined our request and we were unwilling to breach this contract and risk legal action. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

She says she doesn’t think we will be backed by other clubs after speaking to them.

Where does she say that?  I heard her say that she doesn't think the league's proposal will be supported.

Forgive me if I have missed something but there is an awful lot of posts having a go at Budge on the last few pages. Has something changed?

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

She says she doesn’t think we will be backed by other clubs after speaking to them.

In the clip she said she doesn't think it pass. "I don't believe this will be supported". Having spoken to Premiership and Championship clubs.

53 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They aren’t voting to vote us down, they are voting for the season to end in the leagues below. 

If the Premiership season doesn't complete, the same model applies unless reconstruction.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

There is something that is fundamentally wrong with the process, when your club can be relegated simply by the votes of competitor clubs, thereby cutting your club's future revenue from all sources including gate receipts, hospitality, prize money, broadcasting, retail, advertising, sponsorship etc.  I'd estimate a drop in turnover of £5-£6m for Hearts, should they be relegated in a similar way to that proposed for Partick and Stranraer.

Had the season been completed and Hearts was in bottom place or had lost a play-off from 11th place then they would have fully deserved the consequences of relegation, but having it imposed by your competitors (some of whom benefit as a result) seems unjust in the extreme.

Let's say that the majority of  Premiership clubs sought to impose an end to the season now and award the title to Celtic.  Would Celtic actually vote for that with the knowledge of a risk that UEFA could seek to exclude Scottish teams from UEFA competitions next year, as a result of not completing the season? 

That would be an illustration of Celtic potentially being disadvantaged financially by a vote of its competitor clubs.  It's the same situation that Hearts finds itself. 

Sure, if that was how the competition was actually being run : but it's not the case. This is a unique situation that required the member clubs to find a solution to their own problem because it doesn't exist in law or in the current SPFL rule book - no one could have envisioned this scenario. 

My big fear at the outset was that the SPFL would cop out by putting it to a members vote and it seems this is what's going to happen. If the member clubs decide this is how they (they being the SPFL) want to go about it then there doesn't seem anything Hearts can do. Hearts can hardly complain  that the body they are a member of had a democratic vote and they didn't like the outcome. AB is about to find out how many friends she has. 

And before anyone starts : No, i don't want to see Hearts relegated.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Didn’t see that at all.  She thinks the plan will fall through despite your hope. 

Aye me and all the other hidden Hibs mob are the only ones thinking that looked really poor.   😴

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

If the Premiership season doesn't complete, the same model applies unless reconstruction.

Yep.  But that is a bit far off right now.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That’s not true. Some if it went on working capital when we came out of admin. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Forgive me if I have missed something but there is an awful lot of posts having a go at Budge on the last few pages. Has something changed?

Not a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Where does she say that?  I heard her say that she doesn't think the league's proposal will be supported.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In the clip she said she doesn't think it pass. "I don't believe this will be supported". Having spoken to Premiership and Championship clubs.

sorry, my bad. Thought she meant the other.

Just seen Budges statement. If this does come to pass and we are relegated and she makes no attempt to challenge it I won't be purchasing a season ticket and will expect her to be removed from the Board after FOH conclude their business with her. No harsh feelings towards tha ks to her actions 5 years ago but it would be a clear sign that she's done all he can for this club.

We should start a poll

Top Ten Kickbackers who think they can do a better job than Ann Budge 

They should also add their selling pitch for getting votes 

Neverforgetfiveone
12 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sure, if that was how the competition was actually being run : but it's not the case. This is a unique situation that required the member clubs to find a solution to their own problem because it doesn't exist in law or in the current SPFL rule book - no one could have envisioned this scenario. 

My big fear at the outset was that the SPFL would cop out by putting it to a members vote and it seems this is what's going to happen. If the member clubs decide this is how they (they being the SPFL) want to go about it then there doesn't seem anything Hearts can do. Hearts can hardly complain  that the body they are a member of had a democratic vote and they didn't like the outcome. AB is about to find out how many friends she has. 

And before anyone starts : No, i don't want to see Hearts relegated.

The SPFL will basically relinquish any decision making and will be quite happy for Hearts to be in the Championship because they can market the division with a big club in it. 

I’m in two minds, firstly that I want to be in the SPL next season watching us in the top flight. 

Im not saying that I want this but if we are demoted (not relegated because it was a decision made without sporting integrity ) then keep Stendel, build the team, romp the division, build confidence onand offensive the pitch, come back up a stronger unit. 

Edited by Neverforgetfiveone

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )