SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It would be interesting to see Police Scotland seizing their computers and forensically going through the email traffic.

Why would Police Scotland get involved though unless a crime has been committed?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Horatio Caine
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I ripped into Kheredine earlier, probably unfairly. 

Possibly, but it was beautiful rhetoric!

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I ripped into Kheredine earlier, probably unfairly. 

Nah, he's still a gimp. 

Borders Jambo
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He is on as is Michal Stewart. 

Tom E is the one I trust to properly look into this.

It will be interesting to hear MS's take on it although he does enjoy a soundbite and a spot of look at me I'm an intellectual whilst spouting faux outrage at times

fabienleclerq

So can someone confirm did Dundee actually vote and then because the spfl didn't receive it are now looking at the options? 

If so releasing the results must be viewed as influencing their decision? Surely we'd take them to cleaners in court. 

Considering the near overwhelming yes by  teams including those with play off chances proves that most clubs worry far more about looking down the way (despite being relatively safe) than looking upwards.

Edited by DETTY29

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No one from Dundee FC has said that. You are quoting a newspaper headline. 

Dundee have said NOTHING since their 5pm statement. This statement.

Agree, I mis-read the original stuff further up and thought it was quoting Dundee. Apologies.

So Dundee will be pushing for 3 up (United, ICT and them), 1 down (us) and not voting yes until it's promised?

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why would Police Scotland get involved though unless a crime has been committed?

That’s the point at which stage is the SPFL behaviour fraudulent... it seems like every key email is going missing and discrepancies about receipt times!!!

SectionDJambo
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The ball is firmly in the court of the SPFL to talk Dundee round into voting yes.  Everyone knows this is what is happening now.  Dundee could clear this up in 2 minutes if they wanted to.  The fact that they haven’t doesn’t only not look good for us but also the integrity of Scottish football.  If Dundee are coerced into voting yes I really think I’ll be done with Scottish football completely.  There really doesn’t seem any point anymore.

I know how you feel, but this is probably exactly what some other club's fans are hoping will happen, and we end up like Dundee or worse.

Hearts fans need to stick behind the club, and be selfish for the club. Prioritise giving Hearts the financial support that we normally share with other clubs. Defend Hearts against outside critisism, without giving up ghe right to criticise Hearts ourselves.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, number-16 said:

So Dundee will be pushing for 3 up (United, ICT and them), 1 down (us) and not voting yes until it's promised?

That has even less chance a 16 team league of being voted through.

Dundee’s best hope of promotion is to a 14 team SPL via a phenomenally weak Championship next year.

Going to 14 teams via 3 promotions would be vetoed by ourselves and Rangers.

If(and it's a big IF). If Dundee vote yes and get an agreement on reconstruction we will be relegated. Then they have reconstruction talks and it's agreed 14 team league.  Whats the guarantee we will be in Premiership.  What's to stop them saying three from Championship be promoted as Hearts have already been relegated.

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, RENE said:

If(and it's a big IF). If Dundee vote yes and get an agreement on reconstruction we will be relegated. Then they have reconstruction talks and it's agreed 14 team league.  Whats the guarantee we will be in Premiership.  What's to stop them saying three from Championship be promoted as Hearts have already been relegated.

Surely reconstruction requires 11/1 vote?

If Dundee vote yes, reconstruction won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, RENE said:

Very much doubt 11-1 vote in Premiership to vote through Reconstruction will be possible. SPFL probably know that to be fair. 

Gorgie_Rules

If I were a Dundee fan and we voted to promote United and in turn meant that Hearts joined us in the Championship next season I would be raging with the club.

Dundee need some sort of carrot to tell their supporters why they are going for it, and I can’t really work out what the SPFL can offer them to persuade them.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, RENE said:

Any reconstruction would need to be prior to the league ending proposal to stand any chance of passing. So Hearts would vote on the terms of that reconstruction.

Once the league has ended and clubs have their money, reconstruction will be a dead duck.

The 11-1 vote makes league reconstruction impossible as its clear that clubs like Ross County, Hamilton and St Mirren will also see it as diluting the pot.

What they should see it as is a league with less fear of relegation looming over them every week.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Any reconstruction would need to be prior to the league ending proposal to stand any chance of passing. So Hearts would vote on the terms of that reconstruction.

Once the league has ended and clubs have their money, reconstruction will be a dead duck.

Correct.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very much doubt 11-1 vote in Premiership to vote through Reconstruction will be possible. SPFL probably know that to be fair. 

I think it’s doable whilst clubs are unable to access end of season cash. It’s off the table the moment the SPFL proposal passes.

We need to hope that Dundee are prepared to play the long game.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

aC2FeOMH_x96.jpg

Morning. Knowing what everyone else did, now hold the casting vote. My info is they signed and dated a ‘no’ slip but didnt actually cast their vote. Meaning they could now change to ‘yes’. If they do, the motion to ‘call the season’ passes

Id like to know why they did not cast their vote? Did Doncaster know it was NO and asked them to hold off for one to one discussion?

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Thanks guys who replied.  But as soon as vote is carried the SPFL will finish season for payouts.  Then there will be reconstruction talks.  I know it's an 11-1 vote but if it's agreed before Dundee sign there will be reconstruction of some kind we could still be in the grubber

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, RENE said:

Thanks guys who replied.  But as soon as vote is carried the SPFL will finish season for payouts.  Then there will be reconstruction talks.  I know it's an 11-1 vote but if it's agreed before Dundee sign there will be reconstruction of some kind we could still be in the grubber

Not if the proposal fails, the season remains suspended and no cash is paid out.

If there is a 14 team SPL next season we will be in it.

The only way Dundee will be in it, is if a top flight club goes bankrupt in the interim!!

And reconstruction is either voted through or it isn’t?  What could be agreed with Dundee prior to voting through the SPFL proposal that was legally binding that hadn’t been voted on by Hearts?

Edited by David McCaig

I genuinely think people need to forget reconstruction its just not happening. Feel free to bookmark it and tell me i was 100% wrong but there is just not a chance in hell thats getting votes.

Thats one of the main reasons its not on the table with this vote.

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

aC2FeOMH_x96.jpg

Morning. Knowing what everyone else did, now hold the casting vote. My info is they signed and dated a ‘no’ slip but didnt actually cast their vote. Meaning they could now change to ‘yes’. If they do, the motion to ‘call the season’ passes

How is that even possible to do by email :lol:

Just saved it to their drafts for now. 

9 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The 11-1 vote makes league reconstruction impossible as its clear that clubs like Ross County, Hamilton and St Mirren will also see it as diluting the pot.

What they should see it as is a league with less fear of relegation looming over them every week.

Surely 9-3 would apply (and if not then why not should be the question demanded of the governing body). 1st place gets proprtionally much more than the rest of the clubs, so an amount from first could be used to bump up 13th & 14th with a smaller figure being taken from the other clubs.

Its a small sacrifice for them to make

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not if the proposal fails, the season remains suspended and no cash is paid out.

If there is a 14 team SPL next season we will be in it.

The only way Dundee will be in it, is if a top flight club goes bankrupt in the interim!!

Hi DJ.  I'm saying if Dundee get an agreement for reconstruction and vote yes.

David McCaig
Just now, OTT said:

Surely 9-3 would apply (and if not then why not should be the question demanded of the governing body). 1st place gets proprtionally much more than the rest of the clubs, so an amount from first could be used to bump up 13th & 14th with a smaller figure being taken from the other clubs.

Its a small sacrifice for them to make

The league pays out from 1-42, there is no reason why the pot has to be diluted in anyway.

If clubs vote down reconstruction the league and end of season money remains frozen.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Our legal team must under freedom of information (open and transparent and all that)request copy of how vote was sent what it was and time sent from each club and also request same info from SPFL and compare 

I think a Scottish Government Enquiry in due course would be appropriate over this Complete farce which as involves millions of pounds and people’s livelihoods could end up criminal matter

Mrs Budge is on record as saying she will not fight relegation. 

If that is what the football community decides we should be relegated we will handle relegation, or some pish like that. 

Of course she may have toughened her stance after yesterday's shenanigans. 

I'm wondering if Mrs Budge is looking for a place on the SPFL board after she has handed over to FOH. 

Just a thought🤔

David McCaig
1 minute ago, RENE said:

Hi DJ.  I'm saying if Dundee get an agreement for reconstruction and vote yes.

How have they got agreement on reconstruction prior to casting their vote?

To get this Hearts would be a voting member of the SPL.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Mrs Budge is on record as saying she will not fight relegation. 

If that is what the football community decides we should be relegated we will handle relegation, or some pish like that. 

Of course she may have toughened her stance after yesterday's shenanigans. 

I'm wondering if Mrs Budge is looking for a place on the SPFL board after she has handed over to FOH. 

Just a thought🤔

I’m certain that the clubs affected will fight this all the way now. There is no question that the SPFL have acted inappropriately.

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I genuinely think people need to forget reconstruction its just not happening. Feel free to bookmark it and tell me i was 100% wrong but there is just not a chance in hell thats getting votes.

Correct IMO

His name is

I haven't been keeping up with this debacle. 

Am I right in thinking, Dundee now hold the casting vote? 

They vote for the deal, we go down? 

They vote against the deal, its back to the drawing board? 

Is that where we're at? 

David McCaig
Just now, His name is said:

Is that where we're at? 

In a nutshell yes

My only thought is Dundee are looking for a 16 team top flight and want it on the table. They clearly don’t realise that the OF feeder teams will never vote for that. 

1 minute ago, His name is said:

Is that where we're at? 

In a nutshell yes. 

With a lot of shenanigans in between. 

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

My only thought is Dundee are looking for a 16 team top flight and want it on the table. They clearly don’t realise that the OF feeder teams will never vote for that. 

The suggestion was they don't want titles to be given. I saw some articles on what they were saying but can't find them just now. 

Clerry Jambo
22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yip, let’s be honest an overwhelming majority voted on this pish for financial reasons and looking after themselves, reconstruction won’t happen

When the leagues increased from 10 to 12 in 2000,

St Mirren as League 1 champions were automatically promoted.  Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Falkirk were to play off but as Falkirk's ground was not suitable, Aberdeen stayed and Dunfermline (in second place) went up.

Under the current end Championship, 1 and 2 motion, there will be no play offs ergo there is a risk of similar if reconstruction meaning:-

A.  Hearts stay plus Dundee and Inverness or

B. Hearts relegated and 3 come up adding in Dundee

Considering SFA still wanting SC to complete too and we are in it, play offs really arent possible.

If the key driver is club cash survival then back to drawing board.  

The 'we will consider reconstruction at some point' in future especially with an 11.1 veto doesn't fly unless the restructure proposal is put to clubs at same time.

We will consider reconstruction.  Come on.

A no vote being received late is neither consider as a no, nor an abstention, but firstly a review as to whether it can be turned round to 75% of members who voted, which can't happen to now, aah ok, how can we put pressure on the team that voted no late to change its mind.

Jesus Christ wouldn't have bothered with resurrection this weekend if he was a Scottish football fan.

Edited by DETTY29

His name is
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In a nutshell yes

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

In a nutshell yes. 

With a lot of shenanigans in between. 

Cheers 

Psychedelicropcircle
26 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

If I were a Dundee fan and we voted to promote United and in turn meant that Hearts joined us in the Championship next season I would be raging with the club.

Dundee need some sort of carrot to tell their supporters why they are going for it, and I can’t really work out what celtic can offer them to persuade them.

FTFY

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I'm tend to agree.

Not on proposals.

11.1 voting.

The antics of the SPFL leadership last night.

Ridiculous we are sitting here waiting on Dundee deciding if Celtic win the league and Hearts are relegated. 

Just let that sink in. 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Our legal team must under freedom of information (open and transparent and all that)request copy of how vote was sent what it was and time sent from each club and also request same info from SPFL and compare 

I think a Scottish Government Enquiry in due course would be appropriate over this Complete farce which as involves millions of pounds and people’s livelihoods could end up criminal matter

FOI only applies to public body. There's no way besides court action we could force them to release that information. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Ridiculous we are sitting here waiting on Dundee deciding if Celtic win the league and Hearts are relegated. 

Just let that sink in. 

And they've got 27 days to be wooed before they have to commit

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm tend to agree.

Not on proposals.

11.1 voting.

The antics of the SPFL leadership last night.

The current circumstances are the only chance it does have of getting through... Although Rangers a guaranteed no, so effectively an 11-0 required from remaining clubs!!

Right here is everything wrong with the Scottish game.

If Celtic were second, they wouldn't vote for this. If Rangers were first, they would. If we'd beaten St Mirrens and they were bottom, they wouldn't be voting for this. Chances are (as much as I'd love to think otherwise), we would.

The member clubs shouldn't be deciding this. Basically it doesn't effect 90% of the teams in the system so they're voting for easiest way for themselves. I'm all right Jack.

Our governing bodies should be saying they're going to protect ALL our clubs. Missing out on promotion is a very different thing to being relegated. Top of the agenda should be how we avoid that. And if we can do so whilst allowing promotion, all the better. Some clubs would miss out, but only that, miss out.

Belgium did it without all this crap and backstabbing. Strong leadership to look after their members.

Our game, its governors, its clubs, all its stakeholders, is nothing short of depressing.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

FOI only applies to public body. There's no way besides court action we could force them to release that information. 

As part of the organisation would you not be able to see them?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

And they've got 27 days to be wooed before they have to commit

They've played a blinder to be fair to them :lol:

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )