SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

ArcticJambo
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

They did apparently but the SPFL claim they never received it and now Dundee might be changing their mind. Wonder how much money was in the brown envelope

classic :lol: love it.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

classic :lol: love it.

can i borrow your seal dispatching equipment? i think i might need it

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The saddest part of this whole vote is that no one is surprised. Any other league would create so much seethe whereas fans of Scottish football are used to hopelessness from the beaks.

As soon as they linked the payments to the clubs being on the condition they voted for the proposal it was clearly crooked. 

Even before all today's shenanigans. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes. Hopefully Rangers will find a way of recasting their proposal to distribute funding that the SPFL exec can't reject and are forced to put to a vote. Although that vote might fail. Some teams that have a vested interest in ending the season as is (Celtic, St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton, Roos County) might vote against distribution to keep the pressure up on the lower leagues to force through this stitch up.

Totally agree. But earlier in the thread some posters were very confidently telling us that Hearts would easily won a legal challenge against the result of the vote if Dundee voted in favour.

I think Scot Gardiner will be an interesting witness in court.

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i posted earlier to just at least give every team the payment that the 12th placed team would get but according to the spfl that is unworkable

I don't think that is quite what the SPFL said. From their statement on the Rangers resolution:

"The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members."

It doesn't say why it was ineffective. The SPFL goes on to say:

"Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution.  The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution."

I'm not sure I'd be trusting the SPFL lawyers to be super helpful. But it does appear that Rangers are still trying to find a way to have funding distributed without ending the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/board-update-on-rangers-resolution

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I agree we have no chance on league reconstruction no matter what Dundee vote its just a matter of time before we are done.

I think we'd have a chance of reconstruction. The clubs voting for ending the league are doing so primarily to release the money. Once they get that they could go for reconstruction. Looking forward to gubbing the lot of them either way, the selfish *******s. They can award titles if they want but there's no way any team should be getting relegated due to early league closure.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we'd have a chance of reconstruction. The clubs voting for ending the league are doing so primarily to release the money. Once they get that they could go for reconstruction. Looking forward to gubbing the lot of them either way, the selfish *******s. They can award titles if they want but there's no way any team should be getting relegated due to early league closure.

I agree it would have a chance.

14 team league would offer more security and chance of being in the top league for all so most of the weaker teams should at least consider it. Not really sure whether it would make much difference to the Old Firm but would expect one to vote for and one against because that's what they do.

The SPFL board should be obliged to be a bit interested in this after today's shambles.

NaturalOrder74

They could just turn our tv programme half of it is us doing shite and then the other half is a suspense crime drama with a tasty court event at the end of it

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Redm...redm...hmmm....we used to have a poster called Redm. Haven't seen her in month's however...🤔😁

Flattered that you even noticed!

Just a little sabbatical of sorts. Life stuffs. I missed you baskets a whole lot though, obviously ;) hope you’re good. 

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I agree it would have a chance.

14 team league would offer more security and chance of being in the top league for all so most of the weaker teams should at least consider it. Not really sure whether it would make much difference to the Old Firm but would expect one to vote for and one against because that's what they do.

The SPFL board should be obliged to be a bit interested in this after today's shambles.

It's possible, but it would require 11 of 12 Premier teams to vote in favour.

One suggestion is to expand the league for a single season but unclear why Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross county would think a season with 3 from 14 relegated would be a good idea.

Even if it was a permanent change, teams that are unlikely to make top 6 would also be voting for one fewer visit from the Old Firm and probably another decent travelling support from a non-OF team. This would be replaced by an extra home game against someone like ICT. They would also be voting for the TV revenue to be stretched more thinly across 14 rather than 12 teams. It is also presumably quite likely that if the league is restructured they will have to renegotiate the new TV deal, with a risk that the value drops.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm finding it hard to believe at least 11 Premier teams will vote in favour of restructure.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think Scot Gardiner will be an interesting witness in court.

To what? How easy it is not to send an email? He works at ICT now, it is believed he sided with his former employers at Ibrox and Tynecastle and pushed for them to vote No, sounds familiar 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

To what? How easy it is not to send an email? He works at ICT now, it is believed he sided with his former employers at Ibrox and Tynecastle and pushed for them to vote No, sounds familiar 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️.

Fair play. I thought he was still at Dundee. My mistake.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair play. I thought he was still at Dundee. My mistake.

That’s alright we all make them, a few have said that today. I read the ICT statement earlier, he played a big part in their decision.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looks like this could blow up in the SPFLs faces big time! All over Twitter-Dom... 

BFDEA39E-C7F4-4FD4-A21E-C08F18DAA660.png

Let’s hope so.

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's possible, but it would require 11 of 12 Premier teams to vote in favour.

One suggestion is to expand the league for a single season but unclear why Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross county would think a season with 3 from 14 relegated would be a good idea.

Even if it was a permanent change, teams that are unlikely to make top 6 would also be voting for one fewer visit from the Old Firm and probably another decent travelling support from a non-OF team. This would be replaced by an extra home game against someone like ICT. They would also be voting for the TV revenue to be stretched more thinly across 14 rather than 12 teams. It is also presumably quite likely that if the league is restructured they will have to renegotiate the new TV deal, with a risk that the value drops.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm finding it hard to believe at least 11 Premier teams will vote in favour of restructure.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said but the situation that (apparently) quite a few clubs are facing now is extinction. Hence the need /desire to distribute some much needed cash now.

I'd suggest the idea of restructuring the top division should be pretty simple in comparison. 

WheatfieldWarrior

I think we have to consider what Dundee are being asked to do with this vote.

Essentially the are being asked to Promote their biggest rivals, United, while themselves giving up their chance of promotion and stay in the division below.

And all this for the princely sum of money that they would get anyway.

The power was always going to be held by the 3 teams in the championship playoff spots.

Ayr were never going to vote against it - it would need a 16 team top league for them to go up and that isn't going to happen.

Inverness were always going to vote against it they're skint and really need to be back in the premier league. They could be covered with a reconstruction which they won't get if they vote for this.

Sun Reporting that Dundee are considering a counter proposal of declaring with no promotion, which I imagine would be far more palatable for the Dundee fans. 

After Dundee’s eminently reasonable, insightful and thoughtful statement I’m trying to go with the optimistic view that they’re genuinely trying to do the *right thing* but if it transpires that a vote was submitted but later rejected on dodgy grounds, that’s going to be a tough position to maintain. Oh Dundee. Very pleased that Kheredine Idessane seems to have picked up the ball and run with it. Difficult to ignore or not explore to fully evidenced conclusion now 🧐 even if other news outlets wanted to let that detail go, they now can’t. 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, redm said:

After Dundee’s eminently reasonable, insightful and thoughtful statement I’m trying to go with the optimistic view that they’re genuinely trying to do the *right thing* but if it transpires that a vote was submitted but later rejected on dodgy grounds, that’s going to be a tough position to maintain. Oh Dundee. Very pleased that Kheredine Idessane seems to have picked up the ball and run with it. Difficult to ignore or not explore to fully evidenced conclusion now 🧐 even if other news outlets wanted to let that detail go, they now can’t. 

It’s getting traction... FARCICAL indeed Barry. 
Time to expose these charlatans. 

F0A9352A-A1CC-44F5-AE8E-3A5A05B24D7C.png

SpruceBringsteen
19 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said but the situation that (apparently) quite a few clubs are facing now is extinction. Hence the need /desire to distribute some much needed cash now.

Apologies if I've missed it, but has ANY reason been given why this is suddenly impossible to accomplish without letting Celtic win their pathetic pissing contest?

Seems it was fairly easy to pony up cash early when ourselves, Livingston, Dunfermline etc were facing financial problems before. Why the problem now?

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but has ANY reason been given why this is suddenly impossible to accomplish without letting Celtic win their pathetic pissing contest?

Seems it was fairly easy to pony up cash early when ourselves, Livingston, Dunfermline etc were facing financial problems before. Why the problem now?

It's too difficult, apparently.

SpruceBringsteen
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's too difficult, apparently.

But very easy pre-2014. Paypal really needs to get it's shit together. :laugh:

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

They might’ve changed the rules when it became the SPFL, they tried to say it was against the law which I think is nonsense to be honest, and who would take it to court anyway?

26 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I wondered if it might be tied in to contractual release of funds from TV deals. They probably wouldn’t want to disclose that because it would make the whole set up look completely fragile and over-dependent. Which it probably is. 

Bunny Munro

If the club's are that desperate for their cash they will vote for reconstruction.

This season is never getting played to finish. We either need reconstruction to stay up, or a rival club slipping to admin. Id much rather it was the former.

Saying that, the this goes on the longer this goes on the more desperate certain clubs will be. Id reach out to Partick and ICT tomorrow and suggest a joint statement say how delighted we would be to vote in favour the second that reconstruction is legally binding.

Obviously our vote doesn't matter. If we can package reconstruction in with the payout we'll see how desperate these clubs are.

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

I'd suggest the idea of restructuring the top division should be pretty simple in comparison. 

If clubs are facing extinction, then they need some money. Deciding which league they play in in 3, 6, 9 or 12 months isn't terribly important in the grand scheme.

In addition, the money clubs get in terms of prize money won't keep clubs going indefinitely. In other words, the club's most in danger of going bust are almost certainly going to go bust anyway.

None of this justifies calling the season now.

Guest ToqueJambo

I think we all knew Doncaster and co would make a pigs ear out of this, but it’s hard not to call this anything other than at best bullying and at worst blackmail and corruption. 

It’s way beyond the usual

bumbling incompetence of the blazers anyhow.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, redm said:

I wondered if it might be tied in to contractual release of funds from TV deals. They probably wouldn’t want to disclose that because it would make the whole set up look completely fragile and over-dependent. Which it probably is. 

They confirmed quite early on that all tv money for the season has been received but not yet disbursed to clubs. 

48 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They confirmed quite early on that all tv money for the season has been received but not yet disbursed to clubs. 

Resting in Dumbcasters account.?

manaliveits105

Our legal team must under freedom of information (open and transparent and all that)request copy of how vote was sent what it was and time sent from each club and also request same info from SPFL and compare 

I think a Scottish Government Enquiry in due course would be appropriate over this Complete farce which as involves millions of pounds and people’s livelihoods could end up criminal matter

GorgieRules22

If this is not challenged I’m done with football up here. I don’t miss games, three season tickets, foundation member since day dot but what’s going on here is actually outrageous. If we don’t take them to task over the handling of this I’m out.

Psychedelicropcircle

Somehow duncaster seems to ignore the Edinburgh festival being cancelled but thinks the league will KO in August. All these diddy clubs that sell 3 stands to the arsecheeks will be under pressure by then. 

Hope the TV deal gets pulled.

Guys, a lot to read here. Just so I have this right. So Inverness, Partick and supposedly Dundee voted no but only Inverness and Patrick’s votes arrived. 🤔

dundee now changing their vote to yes

is that what’s happened?

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Guys, a lot to read here. Just so I have this right. So Inverness, Partick and supposedly Dundee voted no but only Inverness and Patrick’s votes arrived. 🤔

is that what’s happened?

Pretty much, it’s all a bit farcical really but would you expect anything else from Scottish footballs governing body 🙄

6 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

is that what’s happened?

In a nutshell, yes, at least that’s what’s being inferred by the press. No facts on Dundee’s present position as i see it right now.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

is that what’s happened?

Dundee have declined to vote as I understand it

ford donald
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Dundee have declined to vote as I understand it

That would be their choice,so we would not be waiting on a vote if that is the case.

Not sure how they will do it.  But i am certain celtic will still claim to be the victims in all of this.

If this doesnt call for a new set up from top to bottom then nothing will.  

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You don't need to be a mathematician to pay out 6th place money for teams guaranteed Top 6 and 12th place for the others. It is a sliding scale. Likewise, you know the minimum place a team will finish down the leagues.

If Celtic accept money for 2nd place, they would be accepting as unlikely as it is someone else (Rangers) could win the league.

Therefore Rangers argue the season can only end two ways, null and void or play to finish albeit with members voting anything can be agreed with resolutions and voting eventually. 

So every team is given the same amount advance (6th or 12th would work) and if they need more, apply to SPFL which will depend on a number of factors including SPFL reserves, which are none.  

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, ford donald said:

That would be their choice,so we would not be waiting on a vote if that is the case.

I'm not with you.

Dundee have declined to vote, that's why the SPFL are still waiting for a championship vote. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Dundee voted yesterday and had made their positon clear ......but only according to them. 🤔

They made a statement, don't see anything confirming they voted though, and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed after that they simply didn't cast a vote.

Could be wrong tbf, I had a good night.

Dundee confirm SPFL resolution stance as Dens Park club decline to vote on season-ending measures and leave Scottish football in limbo

portobellojambo1
46 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

is that what’s happened?

Edited by portobellojambo1

ford donald
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not with you.

Dundee have declined to vote, that's why the SPFL are still waiting for a championship vote. 

The whole set up is farcical,board members arguing amongst themselves,pleading with Dundee for a vote now.The whole system needs revamped.

10 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Dundee voted yesterday and had made their positon clear ......but only according to them. 🤔

Dundee need to make a clear statement today confirming if they deliberately abstained or intend to vote.  Also when they intend to vote and preferably what they will vote.  The statement implies they are against but its not explicit.   Its farcical that one club knows the 'results' of the vote before it's complete........ Unless it actually is complete and Dundee deliberately abstained.    If that's the case the motion failed but everyone needs to know.    What a rediculous situation. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

HEARTS FOREVER
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They made a statement, don't see anything confirming they voted though, and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed after that they simply didn't cast a vote.

Could be wrong tbf, I had a good night.

Could it be that they voted after 5pm and the SPFL  are playing funny buggers? They certainly sound by the statment that they didnt go for the resolution?

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )