SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Just because you may not like it does not mean Lennon or McInnes are wrong

There are questions that need answered and are not being explained.....how many can be in a 52 seat bus for example, the distances to be applied in changing rooms (if any) ?

As we have seen acting out of anger and frustration may not be the best way to go.

Couldn't give a sook about the two muppets or their clubs, as long as HMFC are not stopped from gaining promotion. The two could implode or join as one team for all I care.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Agree.  And neither should it be a smokescreen for failings on other matters by these clubs.

There are questions that need answered and are not being explained.....how many can be in a 52 seat bus for example, the distances to be applied in changing rooms (if any) ?

Suggests SFA/SPFL/JRG aren't doing their job?  If they have been and clubs are not adhering then that's on those clubs.

As we have seen acting out of anger and frustration may not be the best way to go.

When is it ever?  If referring to our court action in the summer, I'd say that was neither out of anger or frustration otherwise it would have been started a lot sooner than it was.

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Couldn't give a sook about the two muppets or their clubs, as long as HMFC are not stopped from gaining promotion. The two could implode or join as one team for all I care.

100% this!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

May have been mentioned before but the SPFL/SFA and their JRGs are seriously poor 😀

Robbo makes comment about mental health...email sent out proposing suspension of leagues

Lennon makes comment about dressing rooms...email sent out asking clubs to review

Reactive, weak, zero guidelines, actually quite ignorant in that they never thought to review things like dressing rooms on a regular basis.

There are two things here, as you say the SFA seems to have just left it to the clubs with no inspections, etc.

But the SFA should also be hammering Lennon surely. He's basically had a go at his own league's COVID measures during a time when the SFA have been doing everything to reassure the gov that the measures are sound. Assuming clubs pass the inspections now happening or whatever they are doing, Lennon should get a disrepute charge. If that's not bringing the game into disrepute not sure what is.

29 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Why do they need space anyway? They do not social distance on the pitch and have top sports exemption so why does the changing room size matter?

This is just a total misunderstanding of the approach to all coronavirus restrictions. It is not an on/ off switch where either you have been in close proximity to someone and therefore get covid or have stayed away and therefore don't. It is all about reducing overall risk by minimising risk where possible, balanced against wanting/ needing to allow some activity to take place. A decision has been taken to allow professional football, but the aim is still to minimise risk. On field contact is required so has to be allowed, but there isn't a need to have players close together when travelling or changing so this isn't allowed. That reduces the risk of transmission in a football setting. It is the same rationale that says you can go shopping to a supermarket, but just because you have been allowed into a supermarket doesn't mean that you might as well be allowed into a book shop as well. Understanding this basic principle of reducing overall risk of transmission is essential to understanding the purpose of government (and footballing) restrictions. 

24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When you say these questions haven't been answered and explained, who do you think they haven't been answered and explained to? Are you involved in football in a way that has allowed you to access the SFA/SPFL documents and communications to SPFL clubs? Or do you mean they haven't been explained to fans? I think it would have been helpful if the media had done a better job of explaining some of the detail of things like testing and 'bubbles' to fans, but I don't think there was any real need to tell fans the rules for buses and changing rooms.

40 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Were these questions not valid before Celtic went to Dubai? 

Lennon is panicking, has a rant, and suddenly we all have to stand to attention and justify what we are doing to keep people safe? 

**** off. 

Were Celtic asked to explain  and justify their security procedures after their fans congregated outside of Parkhead and Hampden?

No. So they can **** off again. 

It’s like when they forced referees into striking after an incident with Dougie McDonald. Celtic stamped their feet so we all had to put up with it (except even that wasn’t fair because our game with a foreign ref was postponed and had a Scottish ref in the end. 

In summary, they can **** off 😁

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

This is just a total misunderstanding of the approach to all coronavirus restrictions. It is not an on/ off switch where either you have been in close proximity to someone and therefore get covid or have stayed away and therefore don't. It is all about reducing overall risk by minimising risk where possible, balanced against wanting/ needing to allow some activity to take place. A decision has been taken to allow professional football, but the aim is still to minimise risk. On field contact is required so has to be allowed, but there isn't a need to have players close together when travelling or changing so this isn't allowed. That reduces the risk of transmission in a football setting. It is the same rationale that says you can go shopping to a supermarket, but just because you have been allowed into a supermarket doesn't mean that you might as well be allowed into a book shop as well. Understanding this basic principle of reducing overall risk of transmission is essential to understanding the purpose of government (and footballing) restrictions. 

When you say these questions haven't been answered and explained, who do you think they haven't been answered and explained to? Are you involved in football in a way that has allowed you to access the SFA/SPFL documents and communications to SPFL clubs? Or do you mean they haven't been explained to fans? I think it would have been helpful if the media had done a better job of explaining some of the detail of things like testing and 'bubbles' to fans, but I don't think there was any real need to tell fans the rules for buses and changing rooms.

Well good for you but that means no complaining or fake outrage as well as you didn't want to know...and yet we see lots of that on this thread

Not only that we have no clarity as to just what our club should be doing on which we can base our thoughts and I think you'll find the majority would rather know than turn a blind eye

On 15/01/2021 at 11:11, John Rambo said:

This is a complete non story, pure Record click bait. I'd suggest it would be nigh on impossible to declare null and void due to Dungcaster's much vaunted SKY deal; as others have noted, paying back the SKY 'megabucks' would kill clubs like Hamilton. The only option that may float is to end the season early again. As I mentioned the other day, now the fixtures have been rearranged, we should have played every team in the Championship home and away by the end of February; that would SEEM a fair point to end if they had to.

However, as other have again noted, we are going through a very, very rough time yet football still continues to be played. Also the £500k grant will pay for ample testing. Feel for the likes of Partick and Falkirk though, shafted again!

Spot on. I see the Record's at it again today, with a complete non-story having the painters in at her house in Charlotte Square against COVID rules. Except that they're actually plasterers fixing a dangerous ceiling, and she's not been staying there at all throughout the pandemic.

According to the Record, Christian Ronaldo is signing for Hearts in the transfer window and has discoverd he's actually Scottish.

4 minutes ago, GiantJambo said:

Spot on. I see the Record's at it again today, with a complete non-story having the painters in at her house in Charlotte Square against COVID rules. Except that they're actually plasterers fixing a dangerous ceiling, and she's not been staying there at all throughout the pandemic.

According to the Record, Christian Ronaldo is signing for Hearts in the transfer window and has discoverd he's actually Scottish.

That'll disappoint quite a few on here. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That'll disappoint quite a few on here. 

So she commutes to glasgow when we are told not to travel  . Should stay in bute house

50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There are two things here, as you say the SFA seems to have just left it to the clubs with no inspections, etc.

But the SFA should also be hammering Lennon surely. He's basically had a go at his own league's COVID measures during a time when the SFA have been doing everything to reassure the gov that the measures are sound. Assuming clubs pass the inspections now happening or whatever they are doing, Lennon should get a disrepute charge. If that's not bringing the game into disrepute not sure what is.

Exactly. Lennon & McInness should have been asked by the media to substantiate their  comments ie did either of them or their clubs make a formal approach to the JRG ? 

In addition, It's unbelievable that the SPFL isn't inspecting the clubs in question to see for themselves (bearing in mind McInness didn't have the guts to name the clubs he's not personally happy about). 

10 minutes ago, GiantJambo said:

Dangerous....come on get a grip.....politicians spin

The work was essential safety work with no mention of dangerous.

No problem about it being done for me but this spin is total nonsense and once more we see the rush to defend the FM as if she is untouchable

55 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Lennon is panicking, has a rant, and suddenly we all have to stand to attention and justify what we are doing to keep people safe? 

**** off. 

Were Celtic asked to explain  and justify their security procedures after their fans congregated outside of Parkhead and Hampden?

It’s like when they forced referees into striking after an incident with Dougie McDonald. Celtic stamped their feet so we all had to put up with it (except even that wasn’t fair because our game with a foreign ref was postponed and had a Scottish ref in the end. 

100% agree. Couldn't give a stuff what Lennon says

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

**** off. 

Were these questions not valid before Celtic lost any chance of 10IAR?

FTFY

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well good for you but that means no complaining or fake outrage as well as you didn't want to know...and yet we see lots of that on this thread

Not only that we have no clarity as to just what our club should be doing on which we can base our thoughts and I think you'll find the majority would rather know than turn a blind eye

So the questions need answered to the fans. There is no reason to believe that the clubs don't have access to this information. What would you actually do with this information if it was provided to you? If the SFA published something today that said something like players should keep 2m apart in changing rooms and therefore teams need to be provided with changing rooms of 9 meters square per player, how are you going to use that information to base your thoughts on the club? Unless you are in there with a measure tape. If they said you can have 12 people on a 52 person bus, unless you are going to go and count the players on and off the bus, that doesn't actually get you any further forward.

I agree that there is lots of fake outrage (or the outrage may be real, but misplaced). I don't think publishing the minutiae of the protocols would actually help. I don't accept the choices are between fans getting access to the minutiae or turning a blind eye. I'm pretty comfortable with knowing that a concern has been raised, information is being assessed and then the authorities will take action as required. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So the questions need answered to the fans. There is no reason to believe that the clubs don't have access to this information. What would you actually do with this information if it was provided to you? If the SFA published something today that said something like players should keep 2m apart in changing rooms and therefore teams need to be provided with changing rooms of 9 meters square per player, how are you going to use that information to base your thoughts on the club? Unless you are in there with a measure tape. If they said you can have 12 people on a 52 person bus, unless you are going to go and count the players on and off the bus, that doesn't actually get you any further forward.

I agree that there is lots of fake outrage (or the outrage may be real, but misplaced). I don't think publishing the minutiae of the protocols would actually help. I don't accept the choices are between fans getting access to the minutiae or turning a blind eye. I'm pretty comfortable with knowing that a concern has been raised, information is being assessed and then the authorities will take action as required. 

I agree, why would fans need to know their club's COVID protocols, aside from the ones that would affect fans going to games, which doesn't apply right now? We don't need to know the protocols of the TV companies producing the shows we watch on TV.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree, why would fans need to know their club's COVID protocols, aside from the ones that would affect fans going to games, which doesn't apply right now? We don't need to know the protocols of the TV companies producing the shows we watch on TV.

Well so far 'THE FANS' have wanted to know the protocols for Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Celtic to name but a few

If you don't know them then how can you criticise a club for breaking rules you don't even know about ?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, CJGJ said:

Well so far 'THE FANS' have wanted to know the protocols for Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Celtic to name but a few

If you don't know them then how can you criticise a club for breaking rules you don't even know about ?

Only to understand how they were broken because those clubs were pulled up by the SFA. We've done nothing wrong, unless I'm missing something.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

All these letters flying about. Can they not just pick up the phone or arrange a quick Zoom call like everyone else? They're all stuck at home like the rest of us with nothing else to do after all!

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All these letters flying about. Can they not just pick up the phone or arrange a quick Zoom call like everyone else? They're all stuck at home like the rest of us with nothing else to do after all!

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s the spfl way

The Scottish Professional Football League have asked all 42 clubs if they are in favour of concussion substitutes for the remainder of the season.

The move comes following an announcement by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), stating competition organisers could begin trials of the use of concussion substitutes this season.

The SPFL rule change would require 75 per cent in favour in each of the three voting categories (Premiership, Championship, and League 1/League 2). Clubs have been asked to respond with their views by February 1.

Busy week for the spfl.   That, the possible resumption of the lower leagues and finalising the TV money.   ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair, the post is faster than a Dundee email.

43 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

To be fair, the post is faster than a Dundee email.

Carrier pigeon is faster than a Dundee email.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Assume this is a formality and the leagues will restart then. As Doncaster loves to say after all, "It's for the members to decide"

I believe the decision lies with the SFA not the SPFL. The SFA decreed that all football at steps 3-7 in the football pyramid was suspended. That was why there wasn't a vote to suspend the leagues. So wouldn't expect a vote to restart unless it was more of a consultative exercise similar to the SFA writing to the Championship clubs asking if they wanted to stop.

March seems like a relatively sensible date to aim for.

16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I believe the decision lies with the SFA not the SPFL. The SFA decreed that all football at steps 3-7 in the football pyramid was suspended. That was why there wasn't a vote to suspend the leagues. So wouldn't expect a vote to restart unless it was more of a consultative exercise similar to the SFA writing to the Championship clubs asking if they wanted to stop.

March seems like a relatively sensible date to aim for.

probably March as less time for Covid testing and plenty of midweeks to cram games in. Can’t see lowland league and below starting up again which could mean Brechin benefitting again

15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

**** off. 

:spoton:

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Perhaps, after the 'vote' from last year.... they don't have much faith in the spfl's technology.

They would, however, have been quicker calling a presser and had one of their managers launch a half hour tirade rounding on every man and his dog... seems to wake them into action.

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

The Scottish Professional Football League have asked all 42 clubs if they are in favour of concussion substitutes for the remainder of the season.

The move comes following an announcement by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), stating competition organisers could begin trials of the use of concussion substitutes this season.

The SPFL rule change would require 75 per cent in favour in each of the three voting categories (Premiership, Championship, and League 1/League 2). Clubs have been asked to respond with their views by February 1.

Busy week for the spfl.   That, the possible resumption of the lower leagues and finalising the TV money.   ☺ 

Wonder if that's why gollum sent 'broony the elbow' off this time? If he's not on the pitch, it must drastically reduce the chance of concussions in this country.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Wonder if that's why gollum sent 'broony the elbow' off this time? If he's not on the pitch, it must drastically reduce the chance of concussions in this country.

:wink:

It's possible browns been concussed his whole career, what with that look on his face.   

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Tinks better get their walking boots looked out again

10 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Whoopsie!

So, where is their £500k gone?

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, where is their £500k gone?

They didn’t get a £500k grant (if that’s what you mean), that was just for diddy clubs in the Championship and below 😁

They should have access to government loans though. 

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They didn’t get a £500k grant (if that’s what you mean), that was just for diddy clubs in the Championship and below 😁

Ah yes, correct 

Robbie praising Dunfermline, Alloa and another (Arbroath) in his press conference.

Such a shame he didn't call out that once you get the areas by the away clubs, it your responsibilty how your club uses it.

Italian Lambretta
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Too keen to get to the glory hole in the Premiership. If they had stayed in the Championship they would probably be okay. :greggy:

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Strange request when they can take a loan out.   A tad cheeky. 

They'd have to pay the loan back but can just keep the fans' money......

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

They'd have to pay the loan back but can just keep the fans' money......

Why don't the fans say it's  a loan? Operate like their owner would expect to.operate himself

Edited by Riccarton3

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )