SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, comradejambo said:

I think your right and probably no more than a rumour that has come from the Twitter post..... sure Lennon has said the covid case is already one of the self isolating ones.... so sounds like it’s not true! 

If Lennon is right then it’s wrong, but seeing as he was told during the interview he may be mistaken. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

bang on the cash here ally. Look at those lCeltic ***** squirm 

Hate that smiley him ***** but he’s spot on there. You could see even Sutton couldn’t argue with it. 

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

bang on the cash here ally. Look at those lCeltic ***** squirm 

Yep. Absolutely bang on the money. Absolutely incredulous at to how celtic feel like the victims on this one! Awarded the league, gifted the Scottish Cup (though we were only a decent penalty away from shafting them there). 

Scottish football is an absolute cluster **** and if it wasn't for my love of Hearts I'd have given up on the whole charade ages ago... 

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lennon said it was someone who was isolating who has now tested positive. 
He also spoke about how many folk you can get on a bus, he reckons 3 on a 52 seater. He seems to think it’s a new directive, so he obviously wasn’t told what the original one was that hasn’t changed. Broadfoot explained that it’s advised to have 7 on a 52 seater, but you can have more but you’re taking more of a risk of someone catching it. Lennon moaned about having them needing 20 buses in Dubai, they clearly didn’t do that and his complaints about the restrictions are clearly based on the more relaxed ones they encountered there. Inadvertently he’s admitted to not observing social distancing restrictions they should’ve. 
They took 60 people on this trip, which cost over £250k that he felt responsible for and was unhappy his boss had to apologise for. 

60 people? Wtf? And Lennon said it wasn't a jolly? I'd love to see a list of who they are and what they do. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Mister T said:

60 people? Wtf? And Lennon said it wasn't a jolly? I'd love to see a list of who they are and what they do. 

I’ve just listened to it again to make sure that’s what he said “if that’s the case we would’ve needed 20 buses in Dubai” so they clearly didn’t do that. 
As for who the 60 were it’s just scary you would take that many at such a cost. 

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

If this sort of thing did happen,  aside from the consequences for us,  part of me might like to see the carnage this would cause for the snakes of Scottish Football.  It would be delicious to see these reptiles reap the harvest of enabling scum like Celtic and the governing bodies to manipulate the entire game.  I wonder if it would dawn on certain people to suddenly find the courage to stand up for themselves.

I doubt it, people can only hide for so long though, I hope there is some carnage and we come out of it all ok!

Last night merely confirmed that the Scottish press and BBC are obsessed with sectarianism than football.  A so-called in depth review of a ginger haired lunatic having a car crash conference was far more important to the red tops than any consideration of the Championship. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some do, the top earners is sometimes mentioned. I’m sure CLs wages were in ours but it’s really not that important. Lennon will be the highest at Celtic. 

Usually just the number of top earning Directors that’s mentioned and no names.  Employee information is confidential. CL’s were identified in our ours because he was the only Director that crossed the earnings threshold however he wasn’t named.  It was ‘one Director earned £138k’ if I remember. No names  but it was clearly him. 

It would be quite something if Hibs were to announce that they now have a player or two with Covid...

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It would be quite something if Hibs were to announce that they now have a player or two with Covid...

With any luck they'll get fined, too.

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

With any luck they'll get fined, too.

They were told no further tests required before they played Celtic despite Hibs asking for them before kick off. 

If Celtic spread Covid to other clubs is the point I'm making rather than what club.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

They were told no further tests required before they played Celtic despite Hibs asking for them before kick off. 

If Celtic spread Covid to other clubs is the point I'm making rather than what club.

I just want Hibs get royally screwed.

It's slow but infection rates coming down, same in Turkey but it's easy to start going up again its just a delicate situation

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Last night merely confirmed that the Scottish press and BBC are obsessed with sectarianism than football.  A so-called in depth review of a ginger haired lunatic having a car crash conference was far more important to the red tops than any consideration of the Championship. 

Did you listen to the podcast? They spoke for a few minutes about Ian Maxwell and not only slaughtered him but also Broadfoot for using his usual spin to try and cover for him. It was stated that no club asked to pause the season. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

It's slow but infection rates coming down, same in Turkey but it's easy to start going up again its just a delicate situation

As long as Celtic don’t take a warm weather break there at Easter 😜

Hagar the Horrible

I think Hibs should grow a pair and ask the SFA/SPFL for clarification!  I think the point is being missed in the aftermath of the Lennonslaught aimed at NS, AW, Hartson, Maggie, Churchill, your boys do one hell of a conga et-al, The point is Hibs asked for retesting, and the SFA/SPFL said no, and the repercussions will be severe of you dont back down.  Well what if the second person iscolation who is possitive(said like its a good thing?????)  has been in close contact with any player whom played against Hibs?  That would be a smoking gun, on the victimhood on the whole of football generated by Celtic.

The other elephant in the room, was that was a mental breakdown, and somebody (celtic) must take responsibility to get him help. 

Neil Lennon, an odious individual at the best of times, has had several mental health driven apparitions, some of which he admitted himself and talked about, some of which were just apparent.

This is one such episode and Celtic need to take the guy out of the frying pan right now. He’s lost the plot, lost 10IAR, lost the fan base and probably lost the dressing room. It’s apparent to everyone, and probably him too, that he isn’t keeping this job. He’s verbally conceded the title with loads of football left to be played and that’s not going to go down well. Celtic should do the right thing and relieve him of his post right now - today.

Edited by JimmyCant

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Neil Lennon, an odious individual at the best of times, has had several mental health driven apparitions, some of which he admitted himself and talked about, some of which were just apparent.

This is one such episode and Celtic need to take the guy out of the frying pan right now. He’s lost the plot, lost 10IAR, lost the fan base and probably lost the dressing room. It’s apparent to everyone, and probably him too, that he isn’t keeping this job. He’s verbally conceded the title with loads of football left to be played and that’s not going to go down well. Celtic should do the right thing and relieve him of his post right now - today.

I think he is lucky that he gets an easy time in these press conferences (most do due to risk of having press access withdrawn).

Some of his arguements could easily have been taken apart if pressed.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you listen to the podcast? They spoke for a few minutes about Ian Maxwell and not only slaughtered him but also Broadfoot for using his usual spin to try and cover for him. It was stated that no club asked to pause the season. 

Yes I did but my comment was about the press reaction. Every paper led with Lennons car crash rant. Few if any commented on Maxwell. Who by the by was quick off the mark with the press to talk about potentially shutting down Championship but remarkably very slow in announcing the results of his survey.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Have you heard something by chance? 🤔

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Have you heard something by chance? 🤔

There was a rumour from WhatsApp last night that one of the Celtic players (Duffy) tested positive who played against Livingston and Hibs and infected 2 players from each team.

no idea if any truth to it

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Yes I did but my comment was about the press reaction. Every paper led with Lennons car crash rant. Few if any commented on Maxwell. Who by the by was quick off the mark with the press to talk about potentially shutting down Championship but remarkably very slow in announcing the results of his survey.

I haven’t seen the papers but I suppose it’s not that surprising, a lot more people want to know about Lennon losing it than the tinpot league we are currently playing in, and Maxwells attempt for publicity. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Newton51 said:

There was a rumour from WhatsApp last night that one of the Celtic players (Duffy) tested positive who played against Livingston and Hibs and infected 2 players from each team.

Lennon said it was someone already isolating.

I cant wait to get home from work to listen to this. Think I'll make a big mug of tea, caramel wafer on the side and just relax listening to Neil.

Quite giddy at the thought of it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think Hibs should grow a pair and ask the SFA/SPFL for clarification!  I think the point is being missed in the aftermath of the Lennonslaught aimed at NS, AW, Hartson, Maggie, Churchill, your boys do one hell of a conga et-al, The point is Hibs asked for retesting, and the SFA/SPFL said no, and the repercussions will be severe of you dont back down.  Well what if the second person iscolation who is possitive(said like its a good thing?????)  has been in close contact with any player whom played against Hibs?  That would be a smoking gun, on the victimhood on the whole of football generated by Celtic.

The other elephant in the room, was that was a mental breakdown, and somebody (celtic) must take responsibility to get him help. 

He said it was someone already isolating so they shouldn’t have been in close contact with another player. Agree with the rest though. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Der Kaiser said:

I cant wait to get home from work to listen to this. Think I'll make a big mug of tea, caramel wafer on the side and just relax listening to Neil.

Hahahahaha sounds like a plan 😆

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I doubt it.  Probably a 'worst, best case' scenario rumour.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Lennon said it was someone already isolating.

He was informed during the interview of the other player.  By that time his head was all over the place.  Could he even name the 13 players self-isolating?

So maybe there is something in it.

Lennon has apparently banned Sky from talking to players, club.....etc until apologies received from Andy Walker.

Does the eeejit not realise that Sky are currently bailing out Scottish football and are currently the only real financial backer in town?

Let's hope that Sky aren't as petty as the Lurgan Loony and withhold funding for clubs / SPFL contractural agreements.

I can't see Lawwell / SPFL wanting to p*ss off the only serious financial broker in town....Sounds to me that Lennon has gone rogue making these sweeping statements and decisions without speaking with his bosses. 

7 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Lennon has apparently banned Sky from talking to players, club.....etc until apologies received from Andy Walker.

Does the eeejit not realise that Sky are currently bailing out Scottish football and are currently the only real financial backer in town?

Let's hope that Sky aren't as petty as the Lurgan Loony and withhold funding for clubs / SPFL contractural agreements.

I can't see Lawwell / SPFL wanting to p*ss off the only serious financial broker in town....Sounds to me that Lennon has gone rogue making these sweeping statements and decisions without speaking with his bosses. 

What Sky should do now is...stop talking to Celtic players and their officials. 

That includes all cosy interviews, any positive (lol) stories, stop showing old footage in build up to games etc etc

Just blank the vile *****. 

(Meant to add: I wonder how any prospective European Leagues would welcome a club that is happy to cut off the cash cow...)

Edited by Nookie Bear

The Old Tolbooth
23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That's what I'd heard as well, surely if true then they should be absolutely hammered, the fallout could be huge......if it was anyone else... 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's what I'd heard as well, surely if true then they should be absolutely hammered, the fallout could be huge......if it was anyone else... 

As per last night, it came from a random Celtic Twitter account rather than a credible source.. not to say it isn’t true of course.. but Duffy wasn’t ion isolation 

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

As per last night, it came from a random Celtic Twitter account rather than a credible source.. not to say it isn’t true of course.. but Duffy wasn’t ion isolation 

He should have been though, the fact he was playing against Hibs is a shocker, Aguero tested negative for Covid as well but still isolated for the required amount of time, this lot are above the law. 

29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This must be two livi players that tested negative on Friday played against Celtic on sat tested on Sunday and positive tests back on monday .that must be the quickest cases in the pandemics history

1 in 11 people in Scotland had covid antibodies at end Dec.  So the 2 cases Celtic have had, would be at worst in line with that. Hearts also had 2 reported cases recently. 
The knew jerk reactions to football that seem to satisfy political needs are not reflective of the real world, we cannot eliminate this, that boat sailed 12 months ago, this disease is part of society and we will need to appropriately live with it until vaccines or nature deal with it. 

Was the trip badly timed and inappropriate, yes. 
Was it any riskier, turned out no as only 2 cases resulted from the trip. 
His booze filled conga point is spot on! It was lauded by press, politicians (of all persuasions) and resulted in a hit record. 
Is Lennon cracking up, yes, when ever pressure is on and he’s failed, he does this. Is it amusing, you better believe it 

4 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

1 in 11 people in Scotland had covid antibodies at end Dec.  So the 2 cases Celtic have had, would be at worst in line with that. Hearts also had 2 reported cases recently. 
The knew jerk reactions to football that seem to satisfy political needs are not reflective of the real world, we cannot eliminate this, that boat sailed 12 months ago, this disease is part of society and we will need to appropriately live with it until vaccines or nature deal with it. 

His booze filled conga point is spot on! It was lauded by press, politicians (of all persuasions) and resulted in a hit record. 
Is Lennon cracking up, yes, when ever pressure is on and he’s failed, he does this. Is it amusing, you better believe it 

You need to lay off the bevvy.

So many differences there is not enough to go through.

You have been duped by his blame game. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I doubt it.  Probably a 'worst, best case' scenario rumour.

He was informed during the interview of the other player.  By that time his head was all over the place.  Could he even name the 13 players self-isolating?

So maybe there is something in it.

I said last night he might’ve got it wrong, it seemed to enrage him even more and become even more entrenched. 

12 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Think you should rename yourself as jungle Jim

SectionDJambo
42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That includes all cosy interviews, any positive (lol) stories, stop showing old footage in build up to games etc etc

(Meant to add: I wonder how any prospective European Leagues would welcome a club that is happy to cut off the cash cow...)

Apart from the obvious hypocrisy, and we know that Lennon is against any form of that, of Celtic taking Sky money but not talking to them, is there not a contractual obligation for clubs to hold press conferences and give access to Sky in return for their financial support?

Surely the very able Neil Doncaster will be on the phone to Lennon today, to remind him of every club's obligation to Sky as the principle broadcaster.

48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If I was Sky, knowing I had the upper hand on Scottish football, I’d be on the phone to Doncaster this morning telling him the contract is suspended whilst one of our employees is being singled out and bullied and whilst Celtic don’t allow access.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

There won't be, in the Livi case anyway - pretty sure symptoms wouldn't show up so quickly. If a Livi player does have it, he won't have got it from a Celtic player. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Scchhnaaapp!  And it doesn't feel wrong at all. 😁 

23 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Bit late,  but good for you.

And you say I had a few ? 

🤣

PS "Did you seriously ask how I know it can’t be magicked out of thin air?" 

Try reading my post again. 

I did read your post, and it made no sense as a reply to mine. My point was that as vaccine supply from manufacturers is very limited and in urgent demand from governments and health services, with elderly and other vulnerable people being high priority cases, if any other organisation (eg a football club or association) managed to do a deal with one of the manufacturers to get hold of a supply, that would delay supply to governments/health services and therefore delay vulnerable people from receiving the vaccine, just so some footballers could get it early. True, it might end up being a health service from a different country that has their supply delayed, rather than the NHS, but that would still be morally unjustifiable IMO.

It's probably a moot point anyway, because I suspect (although don't know for sure) that the contracts governments have signed with manufacturers will have had clauses blocking the manufacturers from allowing other parties to jump the queue, and even if not, I also suspect the vaccine manufacturers will have little current interest in getting involved in small scale deals to supply batches of vaccine to football organisations, when they've already got orders in the scale of tens of millions of doses from governments/health services that they're going to be working on for months to come! It wouldn't be worth the hassle, nor the reputation risk, to take on an order from football just now. 

20 minutes ago, lou said:

Think you should rename yourself as jungle Jim

Very good. 
I despise Lennon, that doesn’t mean I can’t agree with some of his ramblings... if they are correct. 

Is he deflecting blame for missing out on TIAR, I expect so. I’m just very pleased that he’s in a position that he has too. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Forrest said:

There won't be, in the Livi case anyway - pretty sure symptoms wouldn't show up so quickly. If a Livi player does have it, he won't have got it from a Celtic player. 

Unless its your namesakes siblings that have passed it on 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

Hackney Hearts
30 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

His booze filled conga point is spot on! 

It really isn't.

Firstly, it was over 2 months ago, when the latest very strict measures had not come into force.

More importantly, Scotland had to travel to Serbia for a crucial football match - not a completely optional jolly.

On top of which, the players had obviously mixed thoroughly through travel, training, 120 minutes of football, high pressure penalties and subsequent on-field celebrations. Adding a conga at the end of all that was unlikely to make a whole lot of difference.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )