SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

32 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Darryl Broadfoot said on Sportsound it is more than likely all clubs will have voted to continue.

Good to listen to that apologist squirming [if that is even possible] trying to explain , excuse Maxwell's dumb email .

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Or alternatively trying to engineer a way to resign instead of get sacked, as per the last time he left Celtic. 

Lennon seemed to be having a pop at Lawwell too . Think Lennon is definitely off , seems to be some suggestion that Lawwell could be off too ?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Good to listen to that apologist squirming [if that is even possible] trying to explain , excuse Maxwell's dumb email .

Lennon seemed to be having a pop at Lawwell too . Think Lennon is definitely off , seems to be some suggestion that Lawwell could be off too ?

Anyone have a link to the podcast? Can’t see it in the website. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

From reports there is a suggestion by Lennon the Celtic players don't actually have Covid.

I think he'll find it's humility they tested negative for...

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

apparently stormed out of the presser also.😅

Storming out an empty room doesn’t really have that much dramatic effect 😆😂🤪

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

According to that link Gerrard is on £2.5m a year so I’m sure they could now get someone like Eddie Howe for instance.

Lennon was the safe option, someone they knew and trusted and was successful before, his appointment was not welcomed by all the fans. Sounds familiar 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Lennon was brought back to Parkhead for one reason only.

In Scotland bigotry is big business, he was there to spice up the most overrated derby in the world 

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ones underneath McInnes seem to be extremely well paid don’t they, plenty sources confirming Lennons pay though. 

Stuart Kettlewell also, was in £450,000 a year? 🤣🤣 Aye right

Be lucky if it was a quarter of that.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

According to that link Gerrard is on £2.5m a year so I’m sure they could now get someone like Eddie Howe for instance.

Lennon was the safe option, someone they knew and trusted and was successful before, his appointment was not welcomed by all the fans. Sounds familiar 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Howe was reported to be on £4m pa at Bournemouth so don’t think he would take a 35% pay cut to come up here and deal with the hassle he would get. Just waiting on Palace or Fulham jobs coming up. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Stuart Kettlewell also, was in £450,000 a year? 🤣🤣 Aye right

Be lucky if it was a quarter of that.

They do pay ridiculous wages up there but no way that much, I didn’t write the article by the way. I was pointing out how much Lennons gets which is confirmed in numerous articles. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Howe was reported to be on £4m pa at Bournemouth so don’t think he would take a 35% pay cut to come up here and deal with the hassle he would get. Just waiting on Palace or Fulham jobs coming up. 

It says £3m here which is ridiculous for a club with a 10k stadium to be honest. Palace job maybe but I get the feeling Fulham might just stay up, saw them get a deserved point against Spurs where they could’ve easily won. 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/01/bournemouth-manager-eddie-howe-takes-significant-voluntary-pay-cut-coronavirus

just got this 

Shane Duffy the latest celtic player who tested positive. Gaving strachan ,stephen welsh , jeremy frimpong and callum mcgregor also need to
Self isolate immediately

Hibs have 2 positive tests, news to break tomorrow and livi have one confirmed also breaking tomorrow.

Spfl and snp
Meeting also regarding a stoppage in all football in scotland until March 

Hope I’m not right but - worrying 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Lennon was brought back to Parkhead for one reason only.

In Scotland bigotry is big business, he was there to spice up the most overrated derby in the world 

Fair point. 

1 minute ago, comradejambo said:

just got this 

Shane Duffy the latest celtic player who tested positive. Gaving strachan ,stephen welsh , jeremy frimpong and callum mcgregor also need to
Self isolate immediately

Hibs have 2 positive tests, news to break tomorrow and livi have one confirmed also breaking tomorrow.

Spfl and snp

If that’s true Celtic should be burned at the stake

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It says £3m here which is ridiculous for a club with a 10k stadium to be honest. Palace job maybe but I get the feeling Fulham might just stay up, saw them get a deserved point against Spurs where they could’ve easily won. 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/01/bournemouth-manager-eddie-howe-takes-significant-voluntary-pay-cut-coronavirus

Media comments range from £3m to £5m, I took the average. In reality no-one in the media actually knows. 

If its Duffy, the shits about to hit the fan. Not in a coin hitting someone's padded managers jacket, but in a right in the face kind of way.

A fan is about to get shit bukkaked

6 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

just got this 

Self isolate immediately

Spfl and snp

If true that would require changes to the number of games each league plays. Top league would struggle to play all games left as Scotland have three World Cup qualifiers in March. Our league probably down to 18 games if we lose 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Who'd you get that from, tovarishch?

Without going into too much detail , From a friend who is a Celtic supporter with connections close to football. 

Worryingly a decent enough source. Hope he is wrong! 

kingantti1874

Without going into too much detail , From a friend who is a Celtic supporter with connections close to football. 

Worryingly a decent enough source. Hope he is wrong! 

its almost verbatum from a Celtic fan on Twitter .. so he’s either your mate or your mate picked it up from there.

doesn’t mean it isn’t true 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

its almost verbatum from a Celtic fan on Twitter .. so he’s either your mate or your mate picked it up from there.

doesn’t mean it isn’t true 

seems like it’s certainly from the same source! Yeah ... let’s hope it’s not true! 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If its Duffy, the shits about to hit the fan. Not in a coin hitting someone's padded managers jacket, but in a right in the face kind of way.

A fan is about to get shit bukkaked

The same Duffy who came home early outside the team bubble. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Media comments range from £3m to £5m, I took the average. In reality no-one in the media actually knows. 

I would imagine the club accounts would confirm Howe as the highest earner not that it really matters, he’s been linked with the job but I think they might go for a cheaper option from Leith. He might even move back to Scotland if he got that job.,

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Surely if Duffy positive then everyone on the pitch during Saturday’s game would have to self-isolate? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just the ones he got close to, so not many 😜

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Storming out an empty room doesn’t really have that much dramatic effect 😆😂🤪

that was the funnniest part. What a helmet

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Been told hibs have no positive tests from a player

Hopefully true and the message i got isn’t correct (clearly from or the same source as that Twitter post) .... 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just the ones he got close to, so not many 😜

Arf. Seriously though he’d have been packed in with everyone at corners not to mention the pre-match huddle

I so want it to be Duffy. But right enough wasn't it confirmed it's one of the players already isolating, which Duffy isn't (but should be)

Hopefully true and the message i got isn’t correct (clearly from or the same source as that Twitter post) .... 

I’d seen the same message as you on 2 separate group chats with different mates. A hibs players dad is on one of them and said his son said no positives at hibs. Rest could be true I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Must've licked Lennon's.

Only rational reason to his 28 Days Later inspired speech earlier on.😔

Duffy at one end, Lawwell at the other like a hooped centipede

If this sort of thing did happen,  aside from the consequences for us,  part of me might like to see the carnage this would cause for the snakes of Scottish Football.  It would be delicious to see these reptiles reap the harvest of enabling scum like Celtic and the governing bodies to manipulate the entire game.  I wonder if it would dawn on certain people to suddenly find the courage to stand up for themselves.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I so want it to be Duffy. But right enough wasn't it confirmed it's one of the players already isolating, which Duffy isn't (but should be)

Spot on 👍🏻

If that bit is shite I suspect it all is

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would imagine the club accounts would confirm Howe as the highest earner not that it really matters, he’s been linked with the job but I think they might go for a cheaper option from Leith. He might even move back to Scotland if he got that job.,

Club accounts don’t reveal individuals wages. Toss up between him, Begovic  and Wilson as to top earner according to most sites. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

“Privileged” scum of the earth who can’t deal with losing the league and are lashing out at trying to put the blame on everyone else whilst playing the victims?

As Corporal Jones used to say, “they don’t like it up ‘em”.

They’ve had it pretty much all their own way since Rangers’ demise. Even had seasons without Rangers, Hearts and Hibs to play against. Aberdeen didn’t rise to the challenge.

As soon as they get a proper domestic challenge, the wheels come off. Rather like their performances in European competition, they’ve been shown up for how ordinary they really are.

As Brown has shown them to be poor winners lately, they are also poor losers.

Nelly Terraces
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said NT, let’s get off this number ASAP 😆

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Agreed.

8 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Doing my bit to help.

7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FTH.

7 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

FTH

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

FTH 

7 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Bought a new iron today. roll on 1876.

7 hours ago, bean counter said:

Helping to get to page 1876

7 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Steam?

F

T

H

7 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Which kind?

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ll console myself with the knowledge that Hiibernianwho were founded in 1875 went out of business after the big cousins stole all their best players. Then a new club called Hibernian appeared in the 1890’s. And not in a Rangers type way, gone, shut down, kaput. 

Splendid joint effort there chaps, take a bow one and all :D.

We can disagree over many issues, but one thing I know in which we are all united is...

:fth:

Toxteth O'Grady
43 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The same Duffy who came home early outside the team bubble. 

Aye - if that is true then this shambles of a club needs shut down and lose their place in football

26 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

As Corporal Jones used to say, “they don’t like it up ‘em”.

They’ve had it pretty much all their own way since Rangers’ demise. Even had seasons without Rangers, Hearts and Hibs to play against. Aberdeen didn’t rise to the challenge.

As soon as they get a proper domestic challenge, the wheels come off. Rather like their performances in European competition, they’ve been shown up for how ordinary they really are.

As Brown has shown them to be poor winners lately, they are also poor losers.

Hopefully no more trophies doon darkheid way.....for a long Time 👌🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

1 hour ago, comradejambo said:

just got this 

Self isolate immediately

Spfl and snp

If livi have one contracted from contact from a celtic player this must be the fastest incubation of a case in the pandemic as they say it takes at least 5to10days to incubate.

Pasquale for King

Lennon said it was someone who was isolating who has now tested positive. 
He also spoke about how many folk you can get on a bus, he reckons 3 on a 52 seater. He seems to think it’s a new directive, so he obviously wasn’t told what the original one was that hasn’t changed. Broadfoot explained that it’s advised to have 7 on a 52 seater, but you can have more but you’re taking more of a risk of someone catching it. Lennon moaned about having them needing 20 buses in Dubai, they clearly didn’t do that and his complaints about the restrictions are clearly based on the more relaxed ones they encountered there. Inadvertently he’s admitted to not observing social distancing restrictions they should’ve. 
They took 60 people on this trip, which cost over £250k that he felt responsible for and was unhappy his boss had to apologise for. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

that was the funnniest part. What a helmet

Brilliant listening to the podcast as there’s just silence, Kheridene really ripped into him for saying he was pontificating and the panel basically laughed at him and his assertions. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Arf. Seriously though he’d have been packed in with everyone at corners not to mention the pre-match huddle

Do they still do the huddle, surely that’s not allowed 😆?

1 minute ago, scabber said:

If livi have one contracted from contact from a celtic player this must be the fastest incubation of a case in the pandemic as they say it takes at least 5to10days to incubate.

I think your right and probably no more than a rumour that has come from the Twitter post..... sure Lennon has said the covid case is already one of the self isolating ones.... so sounds like it’s not true! 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Club accounts don’t reveal individuals wages. Toss up between him, Begovic  and Wilson as to top earner according to most sites. 

Some do, the top earners is sometimes mentioned. I’m sure CLs wages were in ours but it’s really not that important. Lennon will be the highest at Celtic. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )