SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, I saw two Hibs fans on 20/9/14 both No voters. One worked as a Jannie and the other in the MoD, I can see why the one in the Range Rover did but not the one at the busy stop at 5:30am. 

Now, that is just a plain stupid statement on so many levels. 😆

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Don't tell him what to do :whistling:

I know I was laughing when I typed it, I know what hypocrisy means unlike Lennon 😆

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

“Only two of them are positive. Leave us alone”

He’s imploding. 

Calling out Andy Walker (FFS!!!!) and now they're no talking to Sky. lol

26 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm only posting on this thread as it's now on page 1875 - and we can do without here thank you very much, so this is just to help move things along a bit.

FTH. 

I’ll console myself with the knowledge that Hiibernianwho were founded in 1875 went out of business after the big cousins stole all their best players. Then a new club called Hibernian appeared in the 1890’s. And not in a Rangers type way, gone, shut down, kaput. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Now, that is just a plain stupid statement on so many levels. 😆

You would think that eh, I will take that on board though from someone with your knowledge and ability on the subject at hand. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Quite right @Pasquale for King some of us didn't see our families on Christmas day while these ****s went to Dubai on a Club 18-30 holiday.

Lennons family in NI are quite happy he never goes back apparently 😆

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would think that eh, I will take that on board though from someone with your knowledge and ability on the subject at hand.  

Lol, who are you? Neil lennon? 🤣

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Is this guy for real? -

"My apology is to the fans because 13 players and three staff had to isolate for 10 days, which is ludicrous," Lennon said.

"I'm not apologising for anything else. I'm not apologising for going out there and training for a week. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players. I think that is remarkable and I think it totally blows out of the water the way the training camp has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.

"We did not abuse any privilege, we did the right things. We were absolutely totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy.

"We've come back, we've been absolutely decimated by these rules. It seems political."

FTSFA

FTSPFL

FTH

FCFC

What’s remarkable about ONLY two players catching Covid, one who was injured yet was away on a training trip 🤔. What a horrible little ***** he is, how we will regret those two penalties that would’ve sent him out our lives forever. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Is this guy for real? -

"My apology is to the fans because 13 players and three staff had to isolate for 10 days, which is ludicrous," Lennon said.

"I'm not apologising for anything else. I'm not apologising for going out there and training for a week. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players. I think that is remarkable and I think it totally blows out of the water the way the training camp has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.

"We did not abuse any privilege, we did the right things. We were absolutely totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy.

"We've come back, we've been absolutely decimated by these rules. It seems political."

FTSFA

FTSPFL

FTH

FCFC

That's Trump-like. It's not the most tasteful phrase to use in these times, but he's just coming across as a dead man walking now. Thinking back to Hibs, does he ever leave jobs quietly?

Pasquale for King
Just now, JDK2020 said:

Lol, who are you? Neil lennon? 🤣

We are all Neil Lennon, said these Celtic ***** before they wanted his head 😆

Lennon is a disgusting piece of shit. If he gets COVID bad I couldn't care less, especially going by his comments about how it was 'ludicrous' he had to self isolate with his staff and players.

Absolute spoilt scumbag that needs brought back down to earth.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That's Trump-like. It's not the most tasteful phrase to use in these times, but he's just coming across as a dead man walking now. Thinking back to Hibs, does he ever leave jobs quietly?

He left Bolton quietly because he was an abject failure, like he will be again when he leaves these horrible stinking *******s. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kila said:

Lennon is a disgusting piece of shit. If he gets COVID bad I couldn't care less, especially going by his comments about how it was 'ludicrous' he had to self isolate with his staff and players.

HIs punishment should be to work as a cleaner at a care home or hospital for a week. Then let's see how ludicrous he thinks the rules are.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We are all Neil Lennon, said these Celtic ***** before they wanted his head 😆

😆  every media hack in the SMSM has been up celtics and their managers arses over the past 10 years (and more) but at the very first hint of a, largely self-inflicted, crisis it's everybody else's fault, and "we're the victims here!"

If everybody is against them I hope that included the SPFL/SFA and they start docking them some points. This could run and run.

A_A wehatethehibs

Let's be honest here, whoever approved this Dubai trip for Celtic should really be resigning shouldn't they? Who's accountable for this? They are an absolute disgrace and the derision they are getting from all angles, their own support more than anyone else, is fully deserved. Celtic fans just the same as the rest of us, they'll have seen family members sick and dying, folk losing jobs, businesses, folk having to live for months on end living alone or only ever seeing a small number of people, social lives gone, economy in the shitter. 

And them players are out there on a ****ing lads holiday? And now Lennon has his customary "we done nothing wrong, we're the victims" meltdown?!

Disgrace. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

😆  every media hack in the SMSM has been up celtics and their managers arses over the past 10 years (and more) but at the very first hint of a, largely self-inflicted, crisis it's everybody else's fault, and "we're the victims here!"

If everybody is against them I hope that included the SPFL/SFA and they start docking them some points. This could run and run.

Self-inflicted is right. Lots of people said the Lennon appointment was strange (the cheap option basically) and Celtic's recruitment has been strange - not recruiting where they desperately need strengthening especially their defence.

They seem to have been stockpiling cash when they could have comfortably spent a bit more to keep Rangers at bay. Instead they've just rolled over and allowed Rangers to overtake them. Very strange and there's a lot more to it than we've heard publicly I think. Celtic literally have tens of millions in the bank. There's no excuse for their current squad and manager.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Let's be honest here, whoever approved this Dubai trip for Celtic should really be resigning shouldn't they? Who's accountable for this? They are an absolute disgrace and the derision they are getting from all angles, their own support more than anyone else, is fully deserved. Celtic fans just the same as the rest of us, they'll have seen family members sick and dying, folk losing jobs, businesses, folk having to live for months on end living alone or only ever seeing a small number of people, social lives gone, economy in the shitter. 

And them players are out there on a ****ing lads holiday? And now Lennon has his customary "we done nothing wrong, we're the victims" meltdown?!

Disgrace. 

It's another example of the lack of leadership from the SFA and SPFL. The JRG had the power to stop that trip and tell Celtic to just focus on fulfilling their outstanding fixtures instead in case the season has to be ended early.

joondalupjambo

Lennon's outburst are the words of a dead man walking, he is gone.

Trying to bring fans back onside before he goes so he can be seen as some sort of Celtic hero rather than a dud.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Self-inflicted is right. Lots of people said the Lennon appointment was strange (the cheap option basically) and Celtic's recruitment has been strange - not recruiting where they desperately need strengthening especially their defence.

They seem to have been stockpiling cash when they could have comfortably spent a bit more to keep Rangers at bay. Instead they've just rolled over and allowed Rangers to overtake them. Very strange and there's a lot more to it than we've heard publicly I think. Celtic literally have tens of millions in the bank. There's no excuse for their current squad and manager.

I think it’s profits basically, Desmond gives Lawell £500m bonus if they get into the CL and they pay a dividend to shareholders. 
They currently have little in the bank “ they’ve suffered more than any other team” after all. Don’t you just love it. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Lennon's outburst are the words of a dead man walking, he is gone.

Trying to bring fans back onside before he goes so he can be seen as some sort of Celtic hero rather than a dud.

Spot on. 

jambo-in-furness

Trying to get the thread back on track,

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?

The threat to shut down the championship is an attempt to derail our recruitment window by persons/clubs unknown,  I can think of around six clubs minimum in the premier league to whom this would benefit.

A player who is approached by Hearts at this time might be thinking,  what if the league pauses/ends.

Pasquale for King
Just now, jambo-in-furness said:

The threat to shut down the championship is an attempt to derail our recruitment window by persons/clubs unknown,  I can think of around six clubs minimum in the premier league to whom this would benefit.

A player who is approached by Hearts at this time might be thinking,  what if the league pauses/ends.

Fair point. 

2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

No , it won’t work like that for 99% of the players

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Too tin foil hatty for me. Maxwell admitted it was Robbo's interview that triggered it. If there are any alterior motives, I think it's laying the ground work in case they need to stop the Premiership. Everything they do has the Premiership in mind. Last season, they got the lower league clubs to agree to end the season before the Premiership. I suspect they'd do the same again and this was them testing the waters.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jambo-in-furness
1 minute ago, sadj said:

No , it won’t work like that for 99% of the players

Why not?   They might be thinking   Sign this week.   Furlough next week.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jambo-in-furness said:

I think even footballers can see how full of shit the SFA is. 

11 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For a few reasons But the most important in relation to what you said there is they will look at us and say “championship but on a firmer financial footing than most of the lower prem teams if it goes tits up” 

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think you might be surprised how many, including people in general, have little idea how full of merde the SFA is (and even fuller, the SPFL Board).

Edited by colinmaroon

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wonder why they would want to stockpile cash? 😶

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

I think you might be surprised how many, including people in general, have little idea how full of merde the SFA is (and even fuller, the SPFL Board).

Well most clubs seem to be perfectly happy with them if recent votes are anything to go by.

I just cannot understand that.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Too tin foil hatty for me. Maxwell admitted it was Robbo's interview that triggered it. If there are any alterior motives, I think it's laying the ground work in case they need to stop the Premiership. Everything they do has the Premiership in mind. Last season, they got the lower league clubs to agree to end the season before the Premiership. I suspect they'd do the same again and this was them testing the waters.

Could be, the only question then is how the leagues are declared. If the stop the Championship now they could argue that we haven't played a suitable number of games (2/3?) to give a valid conclusion, while the premiership is much closer to that point so they could just wait and call it at the first opportunity. Or maybe, after the last time, I'm just being paranoid.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did Maxwell admit that? If so he should be out on his ear

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did Maxwell admit that? If so he should be out on his ear

Yes and agree

He said: 

"The Scottish FA is acutely aware of the impact Covid-19 is having on the national game. On clubs and, even more profoundly, on individuals. One interview in the media this week prompted a wide-ranging discussion at the Joint Response Group meeting on the ongoing impact of the virus, specifically to those who continue to play and coach within the elite sporting exemption afforded to football. It made people stop, think and take note of a heartfelt personal perspective."

Twisted Robbo's interview to make out it was the stance of his club, who then denied that. Shameless and he should walk.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, kila said:

The world would be a better place without Lennon. He is utter scum.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Is this guy for real? -

FTSFA

FTSPFL

FTH

FCFC

His last sentence there sums up that disgusting outfit.

They really don't like having to abide by the rules that everyone else has to follow

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

His last sentence there sums up that disgusting outfit.

They really don't like having to abide by the rules that everyone else has to follow

Breathtaking arrogance, stupidity and desperation.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Disgrace. 

If it gets them the season null and voided then they will be quite pleased with themselves.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

If it gets them the season null and voided then they will be quite pleased with themselves.

Why does anybody think this is even a remote possibility. Absolutely absurd. The Daily Record only mentioned Null and Void as clickbait sensationalism and its worked a treat. 

ToadKiller Dog

Lennons a ****witt .

To call the need to isolate as ludicrous ,its one of the most important ways to try to halt the spread, then to says it political

His comments are actually potentially harmful to getting people to behave .

Plus the political bit on the end sounds clearly appealing to the paranoid element of the tic support very Trumpian. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I told a Celtic fan at work, after he got the job permanently on the strength of beating us in the 2019 cup final, that it would have been better for Celtic had they not got that soft penalty and then lost that game. If we had held on for the deserved win, Lennon wouldn’t have got the job and Celtic would have probably got in a good manager to complete the 10 in a row.

The same applies for the 2020 final. Hearts win and Lennon is sacked in time. Lawwell has completely messed up their Holy Grail by penny pinching and the cheap option of giving Lennon that job at a crucial time for them.

As others have said, he won’t be remembered for his part in their quadruple treble. He’ll be remembered for allowing Rangers to stop 10 in a row.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maxwell hasn't done anything underhand or clever.

Just really stupid. 

A quiet phone call to Caley to offer support to Robbo and see if there's anything the SFA could do would have been appropriate. Perhaps come up with a mental health initiative for the clubs and footballers Maxwell represents, make a donation to a mental health charity or something. 

Nope, it was "I know, we'll use Robbo to try to give the impression the SFA is listening and being responsive after all the flak we took for not consulting L1/2 clubs"

Edited by ToqueJambo

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )