SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Surely the £500,000 grant will help towards testing? 

You would hope so. I've seen a figure of £1500 per week being quoted as the cost of clubs testing so £30K would cover it.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, EIEIO said:

You would hope so. I've seen a figure of £1500 per week being quoted as the cost of clubs testing so £30K would cover it.

I read an article about someone who got a private test and it was £150. But you’d hope there would be a discount for getting a large number done. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I read an article about someone who got a private test and it was £150. But you’d hope there would be a discount for getting a large number done. 

You'd think so. It was a football club or FA person quoted. Sadly I can't remember who.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Would cost a championship club around £200.000 to test from now till end of season. The half million grant will more than cover for it!

How are you working this figure out, seems high.

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Sierra Delta said:

All games suspended in Scotland other than SPFL & Championship (subject to having testing in place), to be reviewed on 31st Jan. 

Hopefully the tinpot clubs that can’t afford testing pipe up pretty soon (which I’m sure they will)....3 points deduction please......”but, but, but can we no mothball until it’s safe to play again”?......beat it, you had your chance.  Or, can everyone now test with the £500k coming in?.................

Just back from Tesco getting supplies of popcorn.......it’s sold out 😊

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Plus James Anderson money remember. You know the stuff their directors probably used for hot tubs and new blazers for their bowling clubs.

That money should have been earmarked for them to do the testing with. 

**** all else. 

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Its 400 per test per person. Squad of 25 say and add coaches. 17 to 19 games to play still. Will be not far of 200k

A study in May for EFL clubs said it would cost them each £140K for a complete season's worth of testing. 

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Its 400 per test per person. Squad of 25 say and add coaches. 17 to 19 games to play still. Will be not far of 200k

Its definitely 158 quid in boots. I'm sure any astute businessman/woman could negotiate a discount. Easily covered by the 500k grant.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its definitely 158 quid in boots. I'm sure any astute businessman/woman could negotiate a discount. Easily covered by the 500k grant.

the airport are doing private testing at the following prices -

walk up £100

if you’ve got a flight booked £80

staff £60 

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Shouldn't be paying that..

I bought a box of 20 lateral flow antigen tests from Germany - £113. Theoretically DIY but not imo.

PCR testing at home within the M25 currently runs me £119 each (same folks that do Chelsea).

Just now, Thomaso said:

Not before time! Stand by for more squealing about the cost!

Just as well they are all getting £500K from the Scottish government. Well played Nicola.

It makes sense but I just can’t see teams like Morton, Arbroath or Alloa committing to it. 

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t want to give any of these corrupt *******s an opportunity to keep us in this league any longer than we need to be.

27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Well thats utter shite.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, blairdin said:

If the worst happens, I want Hearts to be absolutely consistent in their view about how the situation should be dealt with. This season we ask for it to be dealt with in the way we suggested it be dealt last season. We don't take any part in trying to drive that through though.

Either way, we get promoted if we're top of the league if and when the league is called due to precedent or an outbreak of common sense among a majority of other member clubs.

Ah........

you were doing fine up till that point.

27 minutes ago, Shanks said:

the airport are doing private testing at the following prices -

walk up £100

if you’ve got a flight booked £80

staff £60 

My work were getting tests done before Christmas for field engineers at a cost of £120 per test. so £100 now sounds about right.

25 man squad plus manager, assistant, club physio and 2 coaches £3k/week or thereabouts.

Get on with it man!

42 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That money should have been earmarked for them to do the testing with. 

**** all else. 

Exactly

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Well the English Championship sides have just begun testing and from the first round of tests there were more than 100 positive. 

It’s a likely ratio up here - which will mean X number of players will need to isolate. I think some clubs won’t be able to field a team 

Like in England some games might be in jeopardy while infection rates are at the current high levels but that doesn't mean the whole league needs to stop. If teams get 3 or 4 positive tests then they'll just need to make do.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, happyjam said:

Wonder what happens to a club if they can't afford the testing - other team given a 3-0 victory?

It was said it was £50 a test in the summer, so work it out from there. If they can’t test they forfeit the match. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Dunfermline won't even put there undersoil heating on as it costs too much

Which is a joke considering they’ve just been given a £500k Grant. Something the SFA are extremely thankful for. 

1FD97545-2904-4131-9601-E5C063F27772.jpeg

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Where the hell are you getting those figures?

I very much doubt its that expensive. 

Early on in the season £60pp was being touted.

Edit:

Apologies in advance, if you proove yourself correct👍

2nd edit;

no apologies, most others think your way off the mark:lol:

Edited by Tommy Brown

LarrysRightFoot
19 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Like in England some games might be in jeopardy while infection rates are at the current high levels but that doesn't mean the whole league needs to stop. If teams get 3 or 4 positive tests then they'll just need to make do.

I think at first one positive test is likely to mean a lot of championship clubs can’t fulfil fixtures - how would a Scottish Championship club cope with 13 players having to isolate for 10 days.  

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

you saying Ann could get that down to £155?

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think at first one positive test is likely to mean a lot of championship clubs can’t fulfil fixtures - how would a Scottish Championship club cope with 13 players having to isolate for 10 days.  

Tough - 3 points and a 3-0 win to the other team!

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, Thomaso said:

Tough - 3 points and a 3-0 win to the other team!

That’s already being challenged by St Mirren and Killie 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

you saying Ann could get that down to £155?

Or £310 each if one of Ann's family wins the supply contract :whistling:

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

The big difference with those teams is that they thought the games were going be rescheduled at the time they were called off.

As long as everyone is clear on the rules (which is admittedly a big ask of the SPFL!) then no-one can complain.

Barry Anderson on Twitter: 

"Every Scottish Championship club was given a £500,000 grant last month. Scottish Government issued £55m to help sport survive the pandemic and £30m of it went to football. Would cost roughly £50,000-£60,000 in total for a club to test players/staff weekly till end of season." 

Not sure where he's got his figures from right enough, but certainly not astronomical for even Alloa, Arbroath, QOTS or Morton to shell out.

N

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, One five said:

There’s a medical company that’s offering boxes of 20 tests for £400+vat =£20+vat per test .

Results in 15 minutes.

D96FC9BB-8221-4BEF-90D2-15E92C9CDF73.png

I’m sure there will be certain control conditions and protocols and reporting clubs will need to undertake which will add to costs. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

"Every Scottish Championship club was given a £500,000 grant last month. Scottish Government issued £55m to help sport survive the pandemic and £30m of it went to football. Would cost roughly £50,000-£60,000 in total for a club to test players/staff weekly till end of season." 

Not sure where he's got his figures from right enough, but certainly not astronomical for even Alloa, Arbroath, QOTS or Morton to shell out.

N

I wish someone would just go and ask the clubs if they have any of this £500k left - I’m pretty sure the answer for most will be ‘aye, about a tenner’

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m sure there will be certain control conditions and protocols and reporting clubs will need to undertake which will add to costs. 

Fair point 

6 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

N

A really good reminder of their obligation, having received that £500k grant!!

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Can’t see this lasting Championship clubs can’t afford to test - Alloa and Arbroath are part time 

Alloa and Arbroath are minted! £500k grants without full-time wages to pay! Probably the best off clubs in the country right now! 

LarrysRightFoot
26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Alloa and Arbroath are minted! £500k grants without full-time wages to pay! Probably the best off clubs in the country right now! 

I’m more than certain that won’t be true.

Let’s face it none of us know the running costs of a football club - yes non playing staff and policing costs etc will be down but I’m sure there’s others than have increased. 

Nothing replaces hate receipt money for these clubs. I’m pretty sure sponsorship money will have disappeared as well. 

One good thing about tonight. We will find out if it will be Camelon or Brora Rangers we face in the cup this time next year😉

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Unless they are lucky enough to get drawn away to the OF in both cups £500k will absolutely dwarf their gate receipts. 

Let's say an average of 1,000 x 18 league games x an average of £15 entry  (which is probably on the high side) = £270k. 

They've won a watch here.

Potentially but your are forgetting hospitality and all the various match day and season sponsorship- even things like advertising boards at the side of the pitch. 

Again, none of us know the costs of running a club and when you’ve been starved of income for 8 months? I’m sure that £500k will have been accounted for. 

colinmorewasgash
14 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Potentially but your are forgetting hospitality and all the various match day and season sponsorship- even things like advertising boards at the side of the pitch. 

Again, none of us know the costs of running a club and when you’ve been starved of income for 8 months? I’m sure that £500k will have been accounted for. 

Mrs works fr covid testing she has been sent to set up the vans and gazebos for testing outside near the football grounds of falkirk dundee forfar alloa dunfermline perth and stirling albion. Maybe players should pop along get it done for free 6 at a time. Should let the sfa know. They are set up for testing throughout country inc west too.

The Jags have been doing full testing throughout- almost feels that every decision the SFA/SPFL shafts us.  Of course saving lives must be the priority, the book needs to be thrown at Celtic but unfortunately their behaviour will just be swept under the carpet

Cam see the 3 week suspension of football being carried on and league 1 and 2 being scrapped for this season.

Beginning to worry there might not be a Partick Thistle in existence at the end of this

15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

The Jags have been doing full testing throughout- almost feels that every decision the SFA/SPFL shafts us.  Of course saving lives must be the priority, the book needs to be thrown at Celtic but unfortunately their behaviour will just be swept under the carpet

Cam see the 3 week suspension of football being carried on and league 1 and 2 being scrapped for this season.

Beginning to worry there might not be a Partick Thistle in existence at the end of this

It won’t mean anything to you but I really feel for Thistle. I know how bitter I am with regards what happened to Hearts so I can only imagine how Thistle fans are feeling.

Scottish football should feel utterly ashamed of itself.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Doesn’t mean they will win their challenge - we didn’t!

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

It won’t mean anything to you but I really feel for Thistle. I know how bitter I am with regards what happened to Hearts so I can only imagine how Thistle fans are feeling.

Scottish football should feel utterly ashamed of itself.

Well said. Scottish football deserves to die however our love of Hearts means we have to keep going!

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )