SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

28 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Scottish Government guidance is here https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/

Reasonable excuses to go out include "for those involved in professional sports, for training, coaching or competing in an event"

In Scotland the exemption for "professional sports" in football was extended down all levels of the Scottish football pyramid, also the few remaining Junior leagues. So Camelon v Brora should go ahead

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Those ‘involved in professional sports, for training, coaching or competing in an event’ will be allowed to leave their homes under new restrictions. Seems professional sport continues as normal, for now.

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Where you hearing this ?

It was my (wrong) interpretation of what a return to a March-style lockdown would mean.

Not sure whether I am pleased to be proved wrong. I tend to think they should have stopped/paused professional sport today because keeping it going can give the message that this is not such a serious lockdown. Compliance in March and April was impressive, and the consequence was that the rate of new infections came down dramatically. We desperately need something similar to happen right now. What I've noticed over the past month has been lots of people with their own interpretations of what the rules allow that are, to put it politely, a bit slack. Some of us need to be a bit more afraid of this virus.

No longer active

Pools panel to decide the result of the remaining league fixtures. Panel members to be decided by N Doncaster. Once all results collated then promotion/relegation is decided. The panel members are allowed to change their mind once only after seeing who becomes Championship winners

Edited by George Cowie

17 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Pools panel to decide the result of the remaining league fixtures. Panel members to be decided by N Doncaster. Once all results collated then promotion/relegation is decided. The panel members are allowed to change their mind once only after seeing who becomes Championship winners

Brilliant 😂 

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Yes......but only after the time frame for changing their vote has elapsed.

We were not testing since October 2020

Restarted testing this week...will be interesting to see the results of full testing for all at the club

Scottish Football has been a joke for decades.......but allowing football to continue without regular testing is just gross incompetence.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

😀   Unlikely, he's already contracted to market Queen of the South's new 3rd strip 😉

George Galloway: Sing When You're Winning | FourFourTwo

It's pretty much impossible to despise him any more, irrespective of what he wears

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Scottish Football has been a joke for decades.......but allowing football to continue without regular testing is just gross incompetence.

So, just a Normal day for the blazers then.

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Would you include our club in that statement as we have not tested since October 2020 ?....starting again this week

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Would you include our club in that statement as we have not tested since October 2020 ?....starting again this week

Didn’t know we had stopped testing....must have missed that.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why would we stop testing ?

I realise we don’t actually have to.....which again is  a ludicrous decision by those in charge.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Why would we stop testing ?

I realise we don’t actually have to.....which again is  a ludicrous decision by those in charge.

Hearts resume Covid 19 testing of players and staff after positive results | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

As First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced a new stricter lockdown in Scotland, officials at Tynecastle Park decided to resume testing.

Hearts tested their squad bi-weekly from last August but stopped in October as there was no requirement for teams outwith the Premiership to do so.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Hearts resume Covid 19 testing of players and staff after positive results | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

As First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced a new stricter lockdown in Scotland, officials at Tynecastle Park decided to resume testing.

Hearts tested their squad bi-weekly from last August but stopped in October as there was no requirement for teams outwith the Premiership to do so.

Like I said......ludicrous.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m not one to be critical of the club but I think choosing not to test the players belies the Cubs apparent community and corporate social responsibility ethos it likes to portray, whether we were required to test or not.

This will be why, I would imagine we have managed to have two positive tests in 3 weeks but no other players affected - we are bound to have some who are asymptomatic, and no wonder no other positives have shown up so far. We haven’t been testing FFS...

I am disappointed with the club here.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I suspect a decision was made that we shouldn't disadvantage our ourselves and to only test if players showed any symptoms like our competitors.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m not one to be critical of the club but I think choosing not to test the players belies the Cubs apparent community and corporate social responsibility ethos it likes to portray, whether we were required to test or not.

This will be why, I would imagine we have managed to have two positive tests in 3 weeks but no other players affected - we are bound to have some who are asymptomatic, and no wonder no other positives have shown up so far. We haven’t been testing FFS...

In terms of social responsibility, testing only where symptoms are identified is the rule the whole country is adhering to with the exception of EPL and the Scottish Premiership.

I know footy is ok to continue just now but tell you what it's so ruddy important to be top, just in case

You never know with our lot but as pointed out tic are 2nd so season should be safe unless sevco collapse.

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

I know footy is ok to continue just now but tell you what it's so ruddy important to be top, just in case

You never know with our lot but as pointed out tic are 2nd so season should be safe unless sevco collapse.

The key is to ensure Celtic finish 2nd for their Champions League place.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well you pay for it then.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Did anyone ask Sturgeon about the Septic jolly, which is utterly ridiculous?

SFA to look into it. SFA done about it. 

Stendelnator
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Did anyone ask Sturgeon about the Septic jolly, which is utterly ridiculous?

Deputy FM commented on it and said it was irresponsible at a time where they needed to be role models, or something along those lines 

Don't know how much testing costs now, but last summer it cost a company I know which sent a team of 8 to Las Palmas for a fortnight £1200 per person for testing...

Classic scottish football on twitter and other teams forums.

They seem to think null and void will only upset the Hearts fans. The reality is null and void takes much needed money out of top flights teams pockets in the form of sky money. Those teams would be bust. I reckon outwith the old firm the Sky money is the only thing keeping clubs going until fans return. Plus null and void would give fans the chance to claim the ST money.

The SPFL would have to ask us to join the top league next season to make up the numbers.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Classic scottish football on twitter and other teams forums.

They seem to think null and void will only upset the Hearts fans. The reality is null and void takes much needed money out of top flights teams pockets in the form of sky money. Those teams would be bust. I reckon outwith the old firm the Sky money is the only thing keeping clubs going until fans return. Plus null and void would give fans the chance to claim the ST money.

The SPFL would have to ask us to join the top league next season to make up the numbers.

And whats the reaction from Castle Greyskull on this idea?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I suspect a decision was made that we shouldn't disadvantage our ourselves and to only test if players showed any symptoms like our competitors.

Yip. 

Lone Striker

I agree with you, especially when our Mr Anderson made money available to do weekly testing.     Can we really criticise  other clubs who haven't setup a regular testing regime when it seems we abandoned ours in October ?

Very poor example being set by Hearts.   We should be taking the moral high ground at times like this (imo)

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Tell you what i doff my hat to you, amongst all the clowns on here you've found another angle to be offended by the club . 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ramrod said:

Tell you what i doff my hat to you, amongst all the clowns on here you've found another angle to be offended by the club . 

I think it is a fair criticism. We've been acting like a Premier League club should apart from this.

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I agree with you, especially when our Mr Anderson made money available to do weekly testing.     Can we really criticise  other clubs who haven't setup a regular testing regime when it seems we abandoned ours in October ?

Very poor example being set by Hearts.   We should be taking the moral high ground at times like this (imo)

Why do we need to set an example? Isn't it everybody's responsibility?

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Don't know how much testing costs now, but last summer it cost a company I know which sent a team of 8 to Las Palmas for a fortnight £1200 per person for testing...

Think that would be for all 8 of them. I tested when flying into Frankfurt, €139 and results within 6 hours.....€59 if you could wait up to 12 hours for your result.

Lone Striker
13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Why do we need to set an example? Isn't it everybody's responsibility?

Yes it is everybody's responsibility ... and we've joined the clubs who've abdicated that responsibility, sadly.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The moral high ground is competing with a level playing field and not spending money we don't need to. 

Mr Anderson made money available to all clubs to cover testing - it's basically not coming out of Hearts own funds.  On JKB, we've been criticising clubs who appear to have spent the money on other things.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The moral high ground is competing with a level playing field and not spending money we don't need to. 

The moral high ground is doing your level best to stop the virus spreading. If we can afford premiership style testing we should implement it regardless of what our competitors can manage.

This is a matter of life and death not some kind of game of percentages. 

Hungry hippo
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Have we criticised clubs for not testing?

The club certainly haven't criticised anyone and the only comments I'm aware of from fans have been that testing should have been mandatory for all in the league.

As long as the club are following all protocols and procedures we are doing what is right.

James Anderson never provided the money specifically for testing. He wanted it used to benefit the community.

3 minutes ago, GYL said:

Think that would be for all 8 of them. I tested when flying into Frankfurt, €139 and results within 6 hours.....€59 if you could wait up to 12 hours for your result.

Oil industry so they may just pay top whack to make sure...I think it was regular testing for the whole trip.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

The moral high ground is doing your level best to stop the virus spreading. If we can afford premiership style testing we should implement it regardless of what our competitors can manage.

This is a matter of life and death not some kind of game of percentages. 

I'm not being tested. Neither are most people. The general position is you get tested if you have symptoms. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )